Skip to main content
index page

Allied Interstate are continuously calling me since two week

Submitted by on Mon, 12/19/2005 - 19:16
Credits:
[Donate]

I've been getting calls from allied interstate for about two weeks now. They only call during the day when I'm at work. They leave messages about every fifth call which don't specifically ask for anyone by name, or say any more than please call Re: an important business matter. I'm working with a debt settlement company. Last week I had my debt negotiator contact Allied Interstate on my behalf. She was told by a manager at AI that they have no accounts under my name or SS#, yet the calls continue to show up on my caller ID. I'm just wondering what I should do, if anything? If they have no accounts under my name, or SS# why are they calling? Do they do anything other than collections? Has anyone else on here had any dealings with them?? Please share your experiences.

Thanks,
Kim

I have received 2 calls form AI. They were both just a taped message loop that said who they were & any information they get will be used for debt settlement & then the same message is played again over & over. They have not left any contact info or asked for anyone by name. We don't owe anyone, don't understand why we are getting this. Anyone else get this same type of looped message?

Submitted by on Tue, 06/30/2009 - 17:52

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I got my first call this morning before 8am! She was so rude, and wouldn't tell me her name until I confirmed my SS#. I told her I wouldn't confirm anything until she told me who she was, her company name, and the headquarters address. Then she said well whatever we will just keep calling you and hung up!.. So I called the number back, still no one would give me an address. I've never heard of the company. I'm so glad this was online. :!:

Submitted by on Sat, 08/29/2009 - 06:01

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Do you owe a debt that they might be collecting on?

Asking for a headquarters address would have done nothing for you...plus they only have to provide their company name when calling. Under the law she only has to give her name and company name if asked. Nothing else. Just give them the last 4 digits of you ssi. Since they already have it, they can pull your credit report and start calling you at work.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Sat, 08/29/2009 - 06:37

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )

I'd have to agree with Anonymous. I personally would *never* verify any info over the phone without knowing who it was and what the call was about. With all the scams and the phishing expeditions going on I wouldn't verify anything but my mailing address, but THEY would have to tell me what it is and then I'd agree or not.

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Sun, 08/30/2009 - 21:26

Chrys Henderson

( Posts: 2538 | Credits: )