Skip to main content
index page

800-963-6230 Any one know this? Please!!

Submitted by Angel on Wed, 02/15/2006 - 05:52
Credits:
[Donate]

:?:

It's a scam. Notice the date 1/06

Link deleted as per forum rules - Vikas

Submitted by on Fri, 02/24/2006 - 20:02

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Company
Capital Financial
Address: capitalfinancialcard.com
Caldwell Ohio 43724
U.S.A.
Phone Number:
800-9636230
Fax:

On Wednesday, January 4th 2006, I recieved a call from a "Capital Financial" Credit Card Company. The male named "Allen Ricki, he even spelled his last name of me" "from phone number 800-963-6230" that I talked too, did not seem too have very good english! For some reason I had automaticly confused "Capital Financial" with "Capital One Financial Services".

Bad on my part. "Allen Ricki" had informed me that I was approved for a $2000.00 line of credit, and that I could recieve up too $1000.00 in Cash Advance of this money. I was informed that my inital credit interest rate would be 6.89% and was asked for my checking account information, too verify that my checking account was in good standings. If my account was in good standing then I qualified for the credit card. This threw a red flag at first too me.

I'm not usually one to give out my information over the telephone, so I immediatly asked for the males name, company he worked for, and telephone number. However after he perswasivly gave this too me without question or hesitation, I assumed it was a real deal. After this I was informed that I had too pay $200.00 out of my checking account, and that I would recieve 4 Vouchers, in the ammount of $50.00 each over a 4 month period, too pay twords my credit card balance. Unfortunatly, I had unsuffiecent funds in my account to pay the full $200.00.

After I informed this too "Allen Ricki" he asked me approximately how long it would be untill I would beable to have the funds too pay this $200.00 too recieve this line of credit. I notified him that right now I was not in the greatest financial situation, and that it would be a while for this payment too beable to be made.. I also told him that there was only about $80.00 in my checking account at this time, "laughing and trying to joke".

On my way home after this incounter "about 4 hours later" I stoped at a gas station too check my Balence Inquiry at the ATM, so I could buy gas and cigarettes. The Balance Inquiry stated that my account was "Negative $5.41". Confused I immediately continued home to check my online statement with my bank "Peoples Bank".

It showed a $80.00 Debit was made on 1-4-06 "Today". Confused and Knowing that I had these funds in my account, and that I had not made a $80.00 debit from my checking, I began to realize that I had told "capital financial" that I only had about $80.00 in my account. Im very ticked off that I was stupid enough too fall for this scam, unfortunatly its a cruel world, and hopefully I caught it in time, and will be reinbursed the $80.00 taken out of my account, and also the $29.00 fee for overdraft of my checking account that I will be charge with in the morning im sure.

Tomorrow, after I get this straightened out, I will be closing my checking account, and reopening another. I guess only being 19 years of age, and naive, that falling for this wasn't too smart. I have read most of the posts about this company before I posted this, and realized I wasnt the only naive one out there that fell for this. The 800# that was given too me, is now saying that the company is having technical issue's with its telephones, try again later.

Also later on, and thinking about this, I was not notified of rather this would be a Visa, or a MasterCard. That should have sent another red flag, however I was excited too hear that my credit had been built enough to recieve this higher line of credit ammount, then in the past. Hopefully the word will get out too everyone in the news or something, notifying people about this paticular scam.

Jamie
Caldwell, Ohio
U.S.A.

Link made inactive as per forum rules-Mike

Submitted by on Tue, 03/14/2006 - 11:04

Submitted by on Thu, 04/27/2006 - 23:18

Jamie
Caldwell, Ohio
U.S.A.

I had the exact same conversation with someone today! OMG.. I will be contacting my bank RIGHT NOW! Thank you so much!!!!

Submitted by on Mon, 05/01/2006 - 21:40

I am getting calls from the same number, but since I don't know the number I don't answer the call. I decided to look the number up and stumbled across this information. So thanks for saving me trouble of answering that call in the future.

Submitted by on Wed, 05/10/2006 - 17:41

I got the call from someone who doesn't sound like he knows very good english. When he asked for my stepdad I told him he had the wrong number, and then he sounded shocked and semi-angry, like he knew this was the right residence, I wonder how they get all our numbers.

Submitted by on Wed, 05/24/2006 - 14:36

Thank You for the information about Capital Financial. I received a call saying that I had qualified for a loan. I had not applied for a loan! Anyway, the message was related to me (I am out of the country) so I have called and called to no avail. I get classical music when I call.
I resorted to typing in the number in a Google search and now I know. Thank you very much.

Submitted by on Sat, 05/27/2006 - 18:45

plese tell me how i can get my $200 back i was misled into believing this was a credit card now i cant get any there to answer my calls .should i notify BBB T hanks

Submitted by on Mon, 06/05/2006 - 17:26

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Take the help of your bank and dispute the item with the company. The company must verify the debits otherwise you will have a legal case against them. You must also file your complaints at the FTC, BBB as well as the state attorney general requesting to address this matter.

Submitted by Justme on Mon, 06/05/2006 - 17:31

Justme

( Posts: 479 | Credits: )

I have had this call numerous times and i am considering changing my number. I had classical music play previously, this man with poor english, along with busy signals. Please beware. Can we not contact the police about this? It is completely unfortunate that these people are getting away with this!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 06/20/2006 - 08:30

I just got off the phone with these same people and I almost agreed to the $200 "BS". I logged on the internet and found this website to see all the other bad experiences with that company so I terminated the call immediately! I hope they dont touch my account. I am a single mom with 3 kids and I cant afford any screw ups on my checking acct. I think this is a total crime and it should be reported. They even had the audacity to call my 18 y.o daughter yesterday, too!!! Luckily, she couldn't understand the man on the phone so she hung up!

Submitted by on Wed, 06/21/2006 - 11:54

This same phone # has been blowing up my phone for the past week and a half. I didn't think anything of the first call, then I started getting call after call after call. I just did a search, to see what it would bring up. Thank goodness I found this!

Submitted by on Thu, 06/29/2006 - 14:21

A coworker just got a call on there cell phone also saying they were approved for a line of credit and wanted their checking account information. They informed the caller that they do not have a checking accout and hung up on the caller. BE SMART! Do no trust anyone! A credit card company would not call you they would send a letter saying you were approved ONLY after you have applied for the card!

Submitted by on Thu, 06/29/2006 - 16:55

I have had this number showing up on my cell phone for about a week. I haven't answered and they never leave a message. When I called the number back to see who it was a man answered saying American Financial. I asked him what he wanted with me b/c they had been calling me for so long. He told me I was approved for some kind of a loan. I asked him to explain to me what he meant b/c I hadn't applied for any loan. He said they got my # from another company where I was either being charged a high interest rate or was denied a loan. I didn't know what he was talking about so I just told him I wasn't interested a hung up. I'm so glad I read these posts before calling the # back b/c I may have be suckered into something too.

Submitted by on Wed, 07/19/2006 - 07:06

i failed for the credit card to. but they told us it would be a credit card you can use for anything . that was a bunch of bull cramp. the letter they sent me with the card said only for the catolog. so how do i get my 200.00 dollars back.

Submitted by on Thu, 07/27/2006 - 14:46

hey, i got there number on my card today if anybody wants it. 1-888-281-6710

Submitted by on Thu, 07/27/2006 - 14:52

I encountered the same thing today as all of you have but when he told me about the $200 I told him where he could stick it and hung-up. I did, however, give him my bank & routing numbers. Would anyone happen to know the name of the company? I want to notify my bank in case any money starts disappearing.

Submitted by on Wed, 08/02/2006 - 15:47

A man called mw also with the same b.s as everyone eles has described.I was told that it was a credit card that could be used anywhere for anything.
$200. dissappeared from my account in a matter of days without any kind of approval from me. I am a single mom trying to put myself through college, As a result of Capital Financial's theft of my money my account is in the negitive by $300. dollars. My bank says I have to take it up with Capital , Capital cancelled my card. I was told that I had to write in to the company to get my money back, I did so. I still havnt heard back from them. What do I do?
Please give me some advise.

Submitted by on Thu, 08/03/2006 - 19:10

I keep getting calls from this number on my cell phone, however they never leave a message. I called the number back and they answered American Financial. I put this number in google and it seems to be a scam. Beware!!!!!!!!

Submitted by on Mon, 08/07/2006 - 06:57

Greetings all....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, thank you for the heads up! Someone just telemarketed from this # and hung up. I am on a do not call list - I called the # back and they picked it up and hung up without saying anything.
I have been trying to get my limits increased so would have been the next victim...

Submitted by on Mon, 08/07/2006 - 13:14

i just in Jan. 2006 and I fell me and my fiance' and we got the vouchers and that was a well ago and I just did decide I was going to order something and I seen that they had a internet link to look up some more stuff and I just found out that we were rip off what im I expose to do because it has been so long.

Submitted by on Mon, 08/07/2006 - 21:04

Wow, good thing I was working when I got this call, if I would of been at home I would of given them my bank account info. I couldnt wait to get home and google this number, I sure am glad I found this page!!! I kept on asking where they got my info from, because that cel phone is not even under my name! The address they had on file is an old address I still use but I dont live there, I guess I keep it around for them scammers. I'm about to call them back and give them a bogus account # just to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Submitted by on Thu, 08/17/2006 - 15:41

I have had my bank account drafted 2 times for 100.00 each time, and the only thing that shows up on my online bank statements as the company making the debit is 8882816710AMERIC. When I googled the number this is the site it brought me to...what is this number?? Please help.

Submitted by on Thu, 08/17/2006 - 21:09

I love revenge, I guess they did not know who they are messing with... I just had one rep on the phone for 38 minutes on hold:-) I have a lot of free time:-) They have hung up on my cell phone 27 times. I guess I can return there call 26 more times;-) Meeeow....

Submitted by on Fri, 08/18/2006 - 11:48

American Financial Card is a ripoff, they called me this morning asking for my checking account information and thank God I just gave them my bank name and I was smart enough to hang up on them just on time...please do not even answer if they call you their number again 1-800-963-6230.

Submitted by on Mon, 08/21/2006 - 13:11

Somehow, these people GOT my checking account information...they called me and said they wanted to verify it...they read off my checking account number and everything!

Submitted by on Mon, 08/21/2006 - 18:40

Iam another whom actually got fooled.Iam a single mother of 3. When I received the call I kinda cringed at the thought of giving up $200. But I was mislead to believe as well that this was a regular credit card for any type of transaction.So, I gave them my info. to my account.After 3 weeks I had not received any card or paperwork so I called them back. I then spoke to a lady, who told me that this card was for online shopping! I was furious, what was I going to do now.Okay to hell with it I screwed up so,now I guess I'll use my online vouchers,to buy something and then cancel it. Now, Ican't even do that. And My bank won't do anything about this issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 08/22/2006 - 14:08

I spoke to Kareem, and some lady (StinkyC) that I was able to waste over an hour with. I was asking them all kinds of questions about the card, and FINALLY they said that it was not a visa or mastercard... I owe them 20 more return calls:-) MMMEEOOWWW They don'y mind holding...

Submitted by on Wed, 08/23/2006 - 14:08

After receiving the calls myself (on my cell phone), I decided to due some reseach. If ANYONE wants the accurate contact info...here it is:
Capital Financial AKA American Financial
3665 E. Bay Dr.
Largo, FL 33771
1-888-281-6710
Operations Manager= Jackie Williams

also:
2480 E. Bay Dr. Suite 28
Largo, FL 33771
1-800-963-6230

Board of Trustees President=
Savas Arvanitakis (home phone # 727-669-0765.

If we all bombard this guys home phone with calls to cease and desist telemarketing calls to our numbers, he might get the hint we are serious.
Also, we all need to call the FTC to file a complaint if you are already registered on the do not call registry.

Submitted by on Fri, 08/25/2006 - 11:40

Thank you for this thread. I got this number on my cell today. I didn't call them back and now I'm glad I didn't.

Never ever ever give out your bank account/credit card info to anyone who calls you. Even if they say they are from the bank. Hang up and call the number on your card.

Submitted by on Mon, 08/28/2006 - 12:58

After receiving the calls myself (on my cell phone), I decided to due some reseach. If ANYONE wants the accurate contact info...here it is:
Capital Financial AKA American Financial
3665 E. Bay Dr.
Largo, FL 33771
1-888-281-6710
Operations Manager= Jackie Williams

also:
2480 E. Bay Dr. Suite 28
Largo, FL 33771
1-800-963-6230

Board of Trustees President=
Savas Arvanitakis (home phone # 727-669-0765.

If we all bombard this guys home phone with calls to cease and desist telemarketing calls to our numbers, he might get the hint we are serious.
Also, we all need to call the FTC to file a complaint if you are already registered on the do not call registry.

Submitted by on Mon, 08/28/2006 - 14:55

I was offered a credit card for $2000 by a woman named Julia Zump from this phone number. She expressed how this would let me close all my other credit cards and use this new one from American Financial. Now they have my checking account and SSN!!! They said they were going to take $200 out of my account for some $50 vouchers. The next day I started getting phone calls from 800-963-6230- This phone number just called me like 20 times and would hang up. It looks like American financial sold out my information.

I'm going to call my bank right now and try to head them off.

Definite scam.

Submitted by on Fri, 09/01/2006 - 21:04

The first time I was at work, rules are to not recieve calls. The second time the caller requested if I was "name", I only asked 'who he was'. Then he asked if I was " ... . ... " (my full name). I asked who he was; if this was an advertisement or some form of bill collector. He asked again, and I also; he did say "american financial" and then with pauses he hung up. Not a goodbye nor why he called me in response to my puzzled question. I have filed the Big B word over a month ago. I should not be getting these calls anymore. I consider American Financial a low life scam outfit with no integrity. yours truly...

Submitted by on Fri, 09/08/2006 - 14:21

I wish I learned about this thng last year.Unfortunately I fell for the scam,but it was a girl that contacted me.I approved for the 200.00 to be taken out of my accnt.3 wks later they sent a catalog and a capital financial card.I thought it would come in handy sometime so I didnt really check into it.when I wanted to get to their website I had trouble so I called.A lady answered me after the third try,I asked about their website since she really wasnt answering my ??'s and she gave me one.The strange thing is I got into that website but I had to use my capital financial card # to get in.I ordered stuff and was suppose to pay only 35%.Lucky I was busy that day and didnt finish what I was doing. I forgot about my 200.00 till this month but I couldnt get into the website and nobody is answering or returning my calls.I will keep calling till I get an answer.

Submitted by on Sun, 09/10/2006 - 21:51

They called me and I was suckered in to it. I accually ordered stuff and they where a bunch of rip off they didn't have half of the things i ordered and payed for. They sent me a bill for $100.00 over my order. I got it all straightened up with them, I thought and now they are trying to bill me for things I already payed for. What should I do. EMIAL email address removed as per forum rules - Mike

Submitted by on Fri, 09/15/2006 - 13:34

I also just received a phone call from this number. However, I was told it was "American Financial" and they were approving me for a credit card. I was told that I had been denied credit from them in the past and now they were approving credit for me. I called him out on it and then he promptly hung up. Hopefully they won't continue calling me.

Submitted by on Fri, 09/15/2006 - 17:57

My husband recently did this as well in August. I looked at our statement and was curious about the little info that showed up. So, I called my bank and they are pursing them as am I.....So, we got scammed out of $200 put I plan to get it back....

Submitted by on Tue, 09/19/2006 - 13:41

so, i got a call today from AMERICAN FINANCIAL. they offered me a credit card with a 2000 limit. but at the beginning it was 1500, so i was a bit confused. but when the dude said 2000, i got excited and said cool, here's my info. (i'm a broke college student! ha!) so....i looked online for "american financial" and found no website. i found that fishy, so i did some research. i googled the 18882816710 number and i saw the word SCAMMED! then i thought, "what a dumbass." i might be getting ripped off right this moment typing this message. bye. good luck to y'all.

Submitted by on Tue, 09/19/2006 - 16:18

I just received a call from a woman named "Jodi" saying that I was approved for a credit card that I didn't apply for. She asked me about my bank,which I told her.But when she asked for my bank account and routing number, Red Flags and whistles went off. I work in the IT field at a research institute, so I am very suspicious by nature. When I asked if they minded if I looked them up on the Internet, she gave me the URL americanfinancialcard.net to look at. The site did not ease my suspicions. Needless to say. they did NOT get my financial information. To others, I say: BE VERY WARY OF GIVING OUT ANY FINANCIAL INFORMATION OVER THE PHONE...IT COULD HARM YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW.

Submitted by on Wed, 09/20/2006 - 07:47

Today, I also got the same call from some lady and again from some stupid folks...they are asking me...bank account number..I told..them..I am going to call 911 and then they disappered...in a simple world...Its all !!! SCAM !!!
!!BE AWARE NEVER GIVE BANK DETAILS TO ANYONE!!

Thanks
Ash

Submitted by on Thu, 09/21/2006 - 16:33

I also fell for the scam. I wanted to use the vouchers for Christmas shopping and then just cancel but I can'y find a website...what the heck?! Does anyone know the website?

Submitted by on Sat, 09/23/2006 - 20:09

i paid the $200 and they sent me a catalog full of outdated and overpriced merchandise that i had to pratically pay for in full before recieving. i really would like to be reimbursed. i wish i had of read this website before i paid the $200. is there anywhere i can go to get my money back ?

Submitted by on Tue, 09/26/2006 - 06:43

I got the same call yesterday. The guy told me I have been approved for a credit card and they will be sending it in the mail. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about. So he just said "well have a good day" and hung up. Today he called back! I told my boyfriend about it and he answered and...well, lets just say he won't be calling back.:)

Submitted by on Tue, 09/26/2006 - 15:13

I recieved a call on my "home phone" from this number. After seeing the plethora of complaints with this number on this forum, is there any way I can have this number traced by the local authorities? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Submitted by on Tue, 09/26/2006 - 20:53