Skip to main content
index page

800-963-6230 Any one know this? Please!!

Submitted by Angel on Wed, 02/15/2006 - 05:52
Credits:
[Donate]

:?:

i had been receiving several phone calls a day from these guys. i just called 727-596-8705 and a pleasant person answered the phone and i asked him to remove my name and he told me i may take 24-48 hours to remove me from all the files. I was very surprised. but hey they didn't get my money and we'll see if the calls stop.

Submitted by on Tue, 11/28/2006 - 13:17

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

i need help on what to do i gave a company my bank info called american financial they gave this number 1888-281-6710.i am on disability and am very gulibile dident know what i was getting into.how do i get the money back becouse i owe my bank money now. help!!

Submitted by krstnblood on Tue, 11/28/2006 - 13:36

krstnblood

( Posts: | Credits: )

they try to get me today but I told them to give me a call tomorrow they ask me about my bank info , but no way jose im not trying to fall for this ,I fell before and I have to work very hard for my pay check I know what to is my responce for them tomorrow. thank's to all of you

Submitted by on Thu, 11/30/2006 - 15:15

I also received a call from so called american financial card company and i too gave them my bank account information, they sure did not waste any time withdrawing the funds from my checking account 2 different transactions totalling a total of $200.00. Don't believe them they lie.

Submitted by on Sat, 12/02/2006 - 01:30

I have been appling for Cash Advance loans. The ones where you it can be deposited in your checking about next day and you pay back next payday. There is a mixture credit card loan with these advertisements. My mom got a call that i was approve for $5000 by a Ray Mitchell. Because i was not interested in credit card and more of a loan i did my research. Someone call my phone and i pretended i was someone else and asked who it was, it was the same guy that called my mom. I check my caller id and i got the #800-963-6230 and type the number in search engine and i got the forum. OMG!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 12/19/2006 - 06:35

This site is awesome and is a great idea. I am so glad I looked up the number on the internet before I called it back. Hopefully others will do the same.

Submitted by on Wed, 12/27/2006 - 18:38

I got a call from the 800 number and thought it was a capital one card I applied- like a dumbass when they asked me to confirm my acct no I did- but that's all- I told them I didn't want whatever card they were offering and they guy on the phone got started yelling at me- he was a psycho- but to not take any chances of them trying to get money out anyway- as soon as I got off the phone I called my bank and froze my acct and now I have to open another one- transfer my direct deposits- ugh!

Submitted by on Thu, 12/28/2006 - 06:16

thanks im glad I read this site. Dude called and I gave Him a latter date to take money and so I could check the site. doesn't exsist does it.

Submitted by on Thu, 12/28/2006 - 12:06

I also got a phone call from these people, roughly a minute ago. The guy asked me to give him my account number and routing number to "Verify that my checking account was active". I told him that i'm wary about giving out my info and wanted to check online to see their website to verify who they were. He promptly said "We'll call you in 2007, Happy New Year Christopher" and hung up. I thought cell phone numbers were not in a database for telemarketers? How did they get our cell phone numbers?

Submitted by on Sat, 12/30/2006 - 09:24

They called and had my number and my name...saying that I was credit approved. He had my address and wanted to know who I banked with... I told him I was uncomfortable disclosing that info. He asked for the numbers on the bottom of my checks to withdraw a $200 deposit for a $2000 credit line....I refused to supply that info and he hung up.

They had my name and my address...They can't get at my bank account with my routing and account number can they?

Submitted by on Wed, 01/03/2007 - 15:50

i actually work for american financial...and i can tell you that working there has left me with a feeling so dirty i can't wash it off. thankfully i've found another job to start at. if you've been had by this company...just make your first on time payment (something little...like batteries), then call the customer service # and get a cash advance for whatever you have left in your vouchers. then call and cancel the card...after that call the bbb...or some other institution to get this place shut down.

Submitted by on Thu, 01/04/2007 - 11:29

no they can't get your bank acct info without you providing it. they just get your name, address, and number...just like any telemarketing lead. don't give them any of the information they ask for and you'll be just fine.

Submitted by on Thu, 01/04/2007 - 11:31

They called my cell and hung up. When I called back they answered with "American Finance"... I then said someone called my phone. And she was asking for my name and number so I just hung up. I hate SCAMMERS!

Submitted by on Mon, 01/08/2007 - 10:50

I too received this phone call. I dccided to cancel because it didn't sound right. However it was too late they had debited my account the date before.
I will call the bank tomorrow and switch accounts.
I'm glad that I read this. Thanks.

Submitted by on Fri, 02/23/2007 - 15:57

They got me. The money got taken out of my account last week... i felt it was a scam but needed the quick credit. I will figure out a way to get the money back and post it. Also, Please include your state when you post. It may help us see a trend.
Sam VA

Submitted by on Thu, 03/01/2007 - 18:22

Ill tell you how they got our #'s... they are posing as cash advance company, but their not... they just get your info from that and use it for their scam...
Sam VA

Submitted by on Thu, 03/01/2007 - 18:35

yea that 1-800-963-6230 number called my cell phone yesterday and when my boy friend picked up and they hung up. then he called back and it was music and i was like who is it and he said a telemarketer..telemarketers dont call cell phones so he called back and they answer..AMERICAN FINANCIAL...and he was realed in by what they were sayin to him and was about to give them all his information..im in the back telling them he will call back were about to eat dinner because i knew it was a fraud..and he thinks it aint so i cant wait to get home and tell him..told ya so...im just happy i saw this site before i allowed it...because nobody deserves to be ripped off. pa

Submitted by on Tue, 03/13/2007 - 10:01

I could not believe that I got this call from my cell phone. I was very wise with this. The lady on the phone could not answer any of my questions so I knew this was stupid. Plus, I got perfect credit. i have never been denied anything!! How about that?!

Submitted by on Tue, 03/27/2007 - 05:53

Today i figured out all was a scam and a LIE! I called the "1-800#" Placed on hold forever and when someone finally picked up, they hung up immediatly. I am so upset with myself for allowing myself to be bambooseled!!! I did have suspicion when talking over the telephone with the guy and him asking so many personal questions pertaining to my DOB account info, etc. That number showed quite frequently on my cell phone. He told me i'd been approved for a credit card with a limit of $2000 and a one time fee of $200 but i would receive the $200 back in vochers and would be able to apply it to my card payment. I just feel so foolish!

Submitted by on Wed, 04/04/2007 - 12:21

This company called me on my cell phone said i was approved for a loan, i told them i did not apply for a loan and they said to give them my bank information so they could see i have a bank account and i told them no and they hung up. I called back later at the number that was on my cell phone 1-800-963-6230 and they answered american financial.. I hang up i just wanted to know who was calling me..
Charlotte burch

Submitted by on Thu, 04/05/2007 - 13:08

So back in feb 07 i got a call from these people, the guy gave me the line that they give everyone, i hesitantly agreed and the next day 200.00 was missing out of my acct. I waited and waited and waited some more and finaly today, APRIL 5th 2 MONTHS LATER, I got the card, which was not a credit card like i was told that it would be and booklet full of out of date crap. I called the cust service number and closed this piece of s@#t. I told the girl Rebecca, that answered the phone that my lawyer was going to be in contact with them if i didnt get my 200.00 back. she gave me this address for complaints, I am going to go down there and demand a refund, just to make a point.

DCD, 3665 E Bay Dr Suite 204-269, Largo Florida, 33771,

Submitted by on Thu, 04/05/2007 - 13:49

THe address i mentioned above is bogus, i did some research and its the address for a strip mall, what a crock of s##t,

Submitted by on Thu, 04/05/2007 - 14:47

I work nights so when I get a call at 8am my time, I'm half asleep and fuzzy beyond all belief and this guy right up starts off with the 2000 bit and yada yada. THEY HAD MY INFO ALLREADY!!! Be careful BE so very careful!!! I just bounced three cheeks because suddenly they took the 200 out of my account... Now tomorrow I go to war with my bank.. gonna have to change all my bank info.. *sighs*

Just Anoter Desperate Woman

Submitted by on Sun, 04/15/2007 - 19:01

I was trying to repair my credit rating to get a house and when this call came in i thought it was a good idea. But, i was scammed. This company was out for money. I called 800# and was told that the system was down and they would call me back. I'm still waiting. This was three months ago.

Submitted by on Mon, 04/16/2007 - 08:11

this is really a scam company, I know that I lost my money, but it not fair, we should do something. Any ideas?

Submitted by on Mon, 04/16/2007 - 16:43

it seems that this was the old name for the american financial card and the address. I've made some research and find out that they changed the name because of the scam. we should do something to get the money back.
I reccomend to go over this page too.

Capital Financial Card
Address:
2480 E. Bay Dr. Suite 28
Largo Florida 33771
U.S.A.
Phone Number:
888-281-6710

Submitted by on Mon, 04/16/2007 - 17:00

Does anybody know how to get your two hundred dollars back?

Submitted by on Mon, 04/16/2007 - 20:08

Complete bullshit I got screwed too but I told my bank I wanted to dispute it. That I cancelled with them and they still took money out I'll let you know how it comes out. That was money for my new car :evil:

Submitted by on Fri, 04/27/2007 - 11:38

i was talking to some guy forgot his name but he was like can i say my name so they can record it and such stuff and i was a fool to give him my bank and account number and they put me on hold for along time i guess to verify my account info and he started talkin fast sayin if it was alright to debit my account the 200.oo dollars i couldnt hear him first so i said repeat that then he said it again i was like uh uh i change my mind and thats when he hanged up on me but i called my bank i will be gettin a new account

Submitted by on Wed, 05/02/2007 - 05:41

Hi,
thank you for letting all know what they have to deal with.

Got phone call from the same number - missed it and called them back. They are not Capital Financial now - American Financial and lady with nice voice answered the phone - but... THE DEAL IS THE SAME - "you are approved for your $2,000......" - i told them not to bother me anymore.

Be very careful with info that you provide over the phone to anyone - 2 years ago i was receiving collection letters about $15,000 on AmEx card (didn't apply for one ever) - and it took me forever to proove that though it was my name on the account - (social security number and address weren't mine)- i never opened or used that card.

Submitted by on Thu, 05/03/2007 - 11:08

These guys called my fiance earlier today. I was at work and he was telling me about it. But, we had lost money previously due to a credit card scam. So, when I got home the people called again. (Well, my fiance is a lot nicer on the phone than I am.) Anyways, the guy was very pushing and trying to rush my fiance to make a decision and hand over the account information, so I got on the phone and asked for more information. He said something about the system that they have more or less "pings" the account to see if it is active or not. If it is active, then you can get a card. They said most of the ppl couldn't get a card if their credit was actually pulled. (Which I know is bullshit in our case because we found a great card...more information about this at the end.) So, I gave the phone back to my fiance and told him I don't like the fact that he has to give out his account information. He could make the decision, but luckily he knew that that meant he was going to hear my mouth for the rest of the night so he declined there offer. Also we were in front of the computer while we had him on the phone...at that point we asked for the website address again and he hurriedly got off the phone at that point. As soon as we hung up, I found this site. Thank goodness we did. Isn't this type of activity legal? I'm sure the FBI would like to hear about it and I'm going to find a way to report it.

If you can't get a credit card because of credit problems try Orchard Bank. They have secured cards that actually report to the 3 credit agencies and it shows up as a regular credit card. I've had an account with them for about 1 year now and it helped. Just a suggestion. :)

Submitted by on Thu, 05/03/2007 - 11:47

before a creditor turns a account in for collection. aren't they supposed to notify you first, and what if a collection agencey starts collection procedings before a person is notified first by the orginal creditor?

Submitted by on Sun, 05/06/2007 - 09:45

How do i get money from the atm

Submitted by on Sat, 05/12/2007 - 13:50

This company is a real big joke and dont believe what they say. They steal your money and that is all they want from you, so dont call these people. They will keep taking money from your accounts over and over. We had to dispute this through the bank for $400.00, so far. Be very CAUTIOUS with this company. SCAM SCAM SCAM

Submitted by on Wed, 05/23/2007 - 14:36

its a good thing i like to read because i just read alot of complaints and i am glad i did. i was actually thinking of doing this and i am thankful to all that got on here and shared your stories. i am going to call someone and see what the deal is with this so called american financial. thank you all...

Submitted by on Mon, 05/28/2007 - 10:19

yeah they are SCAMMERs they go me good the even got me to order something but i disputed everthing and got it back from bank

Submitted by on Mon, 06/04/2007 - 01:40

This company is a scam-- they called my cell phone and when I answered a man said hello and sent me to an automated recording..
They have attempted 2 times 5-07 and 6-07 to deduct $200 from my checking account. However I did not approve this and now for the second time I am charged $40 per transaction from my BANK..

This is a serious problem. NO website found either and the 1-888-281-6710 Number... You can forget there customer service department it sucks bad..

I want my money back and want removed from this bull crap SCAM.

Submitted by on Wed, 06/06/2007 - 11:26

The number belongs to American Financial. They said they received a request that I wanted to rebuild or re-establish my credit. And they know I was denied for a credit card. I told them I was denied a credit card months ago. And so the rep removed me from the "list" :evil:

Submitted by on Wed, 06/06/2007 - 13:10

They have been calling me for about a week now, Today was the first time i took the call.. the guy asked for the wrong name and when I said he wasnt at this number he hung up. So i looked it up on line, and then called him back asking why they called...

Same thing.. that i was pre-approved for a line of credit with them. Ok, thats nice... I didn't apply for credit with them. so i just told them not call again. if it continues i'll be issuing a cease and desist letter

Submitted by on Wed, 06/13/2007 - 18:51

I received numerous phone calls from 18009636320. They told me that they could assist me in helping establish and rebuilding my credit. All I had to do was to provide my banking information. I didn't give into at first because it was awkward that they could not give me the terms or condition of the card unless I gave them my banking information. I had asked them if it was VISA or MASTERCARD. They could not give me a direct answer unless they got my banking info once again. The funny thing was that they said they got my info from a lender that I had gotten denied and they referred my account to them. But when I had asked them what institution, they couldn't give me their info. Well, I told them that I would call them back due to telling them that I am on vacation and did not have my checkbook with me. I had called back and asked them if they had a website so I can see if they were real or not a scam. A representative told me that it was Americanfinancialcard.net. I pulled it up on goolge and came upon this website. I thank this website and the many comments that helped me not be a statistic in this horrible scam. After reading numerous comments, I had called the company back pretending that I did not know anything. It was the same represtatives that were reading the same scripts. Once I mentioned BBB, they hung up or would get huffy with me. Well, I told them that I requested to have my cell phone # off of their list. Any more calls from them, they would not here the end of it. Just FYI, the represntatives that I dealt with that they claimed to work for American Financial were: Lakeisha, Aaron, and their supervisor Ben Woods ID # 1002(that I had asked for). I hope this comment helps alot of people out there as the previous comments before me had helped me!

Submitted by on Fri, 06/15/2007 - 14:05

Just FYI...they also use another # 267-851-6441...they call you saying they are from American Financial...in my case they hung up...i called them back and all you get is a recording to leave them a message or fax...I left them a mesage reminding them that if it doesn't stop I will take further actions!

Submitted by on Fri, 06/15/2007 - 16:56

i got a call and needing credit at bthe time the opertunity sounded so good so i went for so stupid. I guess if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. took my money now i have to change my acount and fell so pissed off got a number for you to call a detective investigating this scamm

Submitted by on Mon, 06/18/2007 - 16:32

I, too have become a victim of this fraudulent company. I am only 19 years old and have terrible credit; I was stupid and gullible. I got the call on 6/19/2007 and told them that I wouldn't have the money until at least July 3, 2007. The agreement was only to take 100.00 on the 3rd of July, and the other 100.00 at a latter date. The money was debited from my account the very next day, and now, the 26th of June, I am fighting to get my money back. I am sending them a certified letter TODAY stating that I am, indeed, sueing the ever loving HELL out of this company. Thank you for posting your experiences with them, as that will help my case undoubtedly. Anyone who would like to join me is more than welcome; I WILL get this company shut down, and they will be giving me more than the $200.00 they stole from me to begin with.

Brittany Haptonstall, Allen TX

Submitted by on Tue, 06/26/2007 - 08:35