Skip to main content
index page

MCYDSNB listing - How do I take it off my credit report?

Submitted by on Wed, 03/08/2006 - 09:20
Credits:
[Donate]

Do you know what MCYDSNB stands for? This company account appeared on my credit report; however, I paid this account in full some time ago, and I would like to write to this company to ask them to close this account so it reflects as such on my report. Thank you!

Im confused,MCYDSNB shows up in my credit report I wonder if it has something to do whith my Burdines card I closed almost 2 years ago.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/05/2006 - 19:18

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

MCYDSNB / VISDSNB also appeared on my credit report. I have no idea who this is. Also, no phone number listed either. My supposed account hasn't had a balance since 10/01, but appears to still be open and and current. I am disputing it.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/12/2006 - 07:55

Who and where is this company located? I want to remove MCYDSNB. Surely if Experian Credit Agency can verify the account as accurate- Someone please tell me their phone number.

Submitted by on Sun, 06/18/2006 - 11:37

Financial Administrative and Credit serrvices Group
9111 Duke Blvd
Mason Ohio
513-398-5221

Call above. I just spoke to them regarding what I discovered was a stand alone visa card issued by them which made MCYDSNB appear on my credit report .
Apparantly when Stern's went bankrupt and I turned down Macy's, they gave me a stand alone visa and transferred my credit history to that card. Seems to be very strange business practice by Macy's. My card was inactive for 5 yrs and they closed it, Fortunately it was with a good credit.

hth,
Debby

Submitted by on Mon, 06/26/2006 - 12:56

MCYDSNB - this is only blemish on my credit report. The card has been closed for a couple years and I even requested further investigation that was overruled. My advice, warn your friends not to use Macy's credit cards.

Submitted by on Wed, 07/19/2006 - 15:25

Why we should all AVOID these cards in the future to avoid MCYDSNB on report...here's a good article on the subject:

finance.yahoo.com/columnist/article/millionaire/1730

Submitted by on Wed, 07/19/2006 - 16:10

I found this mcydsnb on my credit report and have no clue who it is. I googled it and found you. I appriciate all the info. My supposed account has been active since 1999 and hasn't had a balance since 2004, but appears to still be open and and current. I am disputing it.

Submitted by on Thu, 07/27/2006 - 16:54

Did you ever find out what MCYDSNB was or have a contact phone number?

Submitted by on Thu, 09/28/2006 - 08:48

This showed up on my credit report also but I never had a macys credit card. I called the number provided by debbyefk above. the company wanted to know why I wanted to close the account - I told them I didnt even know I had a card with them and I didnt want it showing up on my credit report any more. other than that it was easy to close.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/11/2006 - 09:57

I have that on my credit report too! It must be Macy's for me, at least. I haven't even used it since 2004. How long do things stay on your credit report anyway? I see one account that says it will go into a positive status in 2012!!! Jeesh!

Submitted by on Tue, 10/24/2006 - 11:48

Call 1-866-593-2543 and select the Lost or Stolen option which gets you to a live operator. Then you can get them to close the account.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/25/2006 - 07:16

I just called the number listed above, and they closed the account. I never did figure out what store it was for - I've never had a Macy's card, nor a Federated credit card, but I figure it must have been for some old dept. store that is/was covered under the Federated umbrella. At any rate, it's now closed. Thanks, Debbyefk for the phone no.!

Submitted by on Wed, 10/25/2006 - 10:36

MCYDSNB is a Federated Stores credit card.

To quote from their web page:

"While Federated's store divisions ring in sales, the Financial, Administrative, and Credit Services (FACS) works behind the scenes providing customer service support to the store divisions and their customers. FACS collects data, processes transactions, and profiles customer targets in order to keep those registers ringing".

Address:
9111 DUKE BLVD
MASON, OH 45040

No phone number available

Submitted by on Wed, 12/06/2006 - 12:51

I just checked my credit report and saw there was a new account listed as MCYDSNB, which I never opened. So I did a search and found this page...I had a Kaufmann's charge in good standing which I closed in 2003 when it was still Kaufmann's...so I'm guessing that's why they issued this? Anyways I disputed it, so I'll see what happens

Submitted by on Wed, 12/13/2006 - 11:50

Its definitely Macy's. It just showed up on my credit report as well. If your old department stores have reported data to credit bureaus it will show up with some inherited data. Marshall Field's stuff showed up on the MCYDSNB space.

Submitted by on Wed, 12/20/2006 - 14:44

I am at a loss, I have no idea How to closs this account. Can somebody help me!!

Submitted by on Mon, 01/01/2007 - 10:24

Having this Macy's account is not necessarily a bad thing. Many of you are saying you just want to close it. But WHY? If you have no balance then there really is no need to close it. Having the credit available and not using it will actually boost your credit. If you have the same credit card debt and cancel one of your cards that may actually hurt your credit score.

Submitted by jetta1point8turbo on Tue, 02/20/2007 - 11:05

jetta1point8turbo

( Posts: | Credits: )

one of the Macy's cards (the red star rewards) has two functions: 1 is used as a normal regular credit card where u can use in places that accept VISA, and the other one is used as a regular Macy's ONLY credit card (the Macy's card that has no VISA logo on, the one my mom has, but you can use that card to pay for all Macy's purchase and they will mail u a bill later, it's like Gap's card). Under the same card, there are two accounts, which their names are VISDSNB and MCYDSNB. DSNB stands for Department Stores National Bank, so MCY would belong to the Macy's ONLY credit card account which the account has ony 13 digits, and VIS would be the VISA part of the Macy's card which should contain 16 digits. i got these info by calling Macy's. i hope these help.

Submitted by on Thu, 03/01/2007 - 12:14

This also showed up on my credit report when i applied for a home loan. How do i get this removed. I am still a little confused.

Submitted by on Sun, 03/04/2007 - 19:50

You get this removed by disputing it with the credit reporting agencies (experian, equifax, transunion). If not verified within 30 days, it must come off. However, if re-verified at a later date, it will pop up again...

This line should appear for (using info from prior posts):
Macy's
Famous Barr
Marshall Fields
Robinson's May
and perhaps a few other retailers...

Submitted by Morningstar on Mon, 03/05/2007 - 05:35

Morningstar

( Posts: 1633 | Credits: )

I found this MCYDSNB on my creidt report. i don;t know what is that and where it come from. Thank all you guys for the information. I will close this account.

Submitted by on Sun, 03/11/2007 - 16:10

Call this number 1-800-627-2909
That is the dept. that can close accts. for Macy, Strawbridges, Bloomingdales, Bloomingdales Visa and many more.

Submitted by on Thu, 03/22/2007 - 10:54

Thank you b/c my husband found MCYDSNB on his credit report & we had no clue what it was for. I googled it & found this forum. Turns out that he used to have an L.S. Ayres account & then they sold out to Macy's & Ayres closed his account but Macy's kept it open. It seems that this should be illegal b/c he had even called Ayres before they closed & had them cancel his card. It seems like a shady way to do business!!

Submitted by on Sun, 04/15/2007 - 17:53

T0 all that are asking what MCYDSNB stands for on their credit reports. As you can read from others including Jessi the moderator, this is for Macy's. I confirmed that with my credit card itself and Macy's. AS mentioned before Macy's aquired a number of companies over the last few years so if you had a Robinson's May or other credit card from a company that Macy's took over this would be it. Just make sure your old credit card from the other creditor shows closed and positive. You can check with Macy's to find out which companies they aquired.

Submitted by on Thu, 04/19/2007 - 08:38

I also found this on my credit report, need some advice, I have poor credit and trying to reestablish card shows been paid every month so should I dispute this or let it be???

Submitted by on Tue, 04/24/2007 - 17:27

I am in the same boat with msydsnb. Thanks for the information. I am going to try to get them off of my credit report ASAP.

Submitted by on Fri, 05/04/2007 - 15:40

MCYDSNB is a Macy's Department Store Credit Card

Submitted by on Thu, 05/10/2007 - 14:31

i have a macy's credit card and it comes up as MCYDSNB on my credit report. not sure if this is the number you need, but it's the one they send me on my bill:

1-866-593-2543

hopefully they can direct to who you need to talk to

Submitted by on Sun, 05/13/2007 - 05:30

thanks for all the info on this, its been a mystery to me till i found this thread. i still do not know how it got started seeing as i have never had a card for any store. scary!!

Submitted by on Sun, 05/20/2007 - 15:32

ok. well i finally called macy's about this craziness on my credit report. apparently when macy's bought out foley's..macy's automatically sent out a card. i never received it b/c i had moved. i'm not sure if this is the same for any of you but look into it. they didnt run anything else and they're sending a new card to my new address. :)

Submitted by on Wed, 05/30/2007 - 09:25

I found this on my credit report as open and active with balances being charged and paid from 9/06 through 5/2007... I closed this account over three years ago. I tried to correct it, however experian said it was already correct. Thanks for posting the telephone number so I can contact Federated directly. Others beware of Federated Department stores practices... they are suspect at best. They should have this account closed.

Submitted by on Sun, 06/24/2007 - 11:17

It is nice but also scary to find this site and realize how much we are all in the same boat. Thanks for the info.

Submitted by on Sun, 07/08/2007 - 20:46

thanks for the help. they claim i am in good standing with them but i prefer to have them closed

Submitted by on Mon, 07/09/2007 - 19:37

I know I have NEVER had a Macy's card...but according to my Experian, I did! I closed it by calling 1-866-593-2543. They are mailing the cancellation notice. Good Luck! Thanks to whomever posted this page!

Submitted by on Tue, 07/24/2007 - 17:02

I have never used this why is showing up on my credit file?

Submitted by on Sun, 07/29/2007 - 10:07

Hi Jeanette
Do not worry. All you have to do is to dispute the information with the credit bureau and the information provider (the information provider can be an individual, organization that has reported the inaccurate information about you to the credit bureau). Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, both the credit bureau and the information provider are responsible for fixing false and incomplete information in your report. According to the law there is a time set up within which the bureau must complete its investigations and provide the result in writing to the consumer. Why don????????t you check it http://community.debtcc.com/letters/index.html
and browse through the sample letter.

And last but not the least???????..do not forget to send the letters via certified mail with a RRR.

Good luck :)
Nelly

Submitted by Good Nelly on Mon, 07/30/2007 - 03:40

Good Nelly

( Posts: 2846 | Credits: )

I checked to make sure, after reading everyones responses, if it is good to leave it open or close it. I have one on my account, and according to creditprovider.com, I should leave it open. Mines says it's been open since 1990. Crazy it stays open so long. Maybe everyone might want to check and see if it's best to leave it open. =)

Submitted by on Wed, 08/01/2007 - 17:03

I was going thru my credit report and found this company saying I was late 120days. Googled and found this site and found it it was Macys. Even tho I have a Macy's card, I have never been late. Called Macy's and they confirmed it. Macy's said that they will send out a new report to the credit agencies.

Submitted by on Tue, 08/21/2007 - 20:58

Just wanted to say thanks!

Submitted by on Tue, 09/18/2007 - 14:31

Have any of you used a debt consolidation firm. I noticed the opening date of this account is the same as my opening date of my debt consolidation. I think this may be thier way of helping establish your good credit. If you didn't pay them then maybe it reflects as a negative credit being they do cover your behind for a payment or two when neccesary.

Submitted by on Mon, 11/05/2007 - 16:04