Skip to main content
index page

easy way to help credit score

Submitted by on Mon, 04/10/2006 - 17:58
Credits:
[Donate]

We wanna buy house, so how do we remove mortgage and other bills owned by ex-husband[ stated in divorce settlement] from my credit?? help pleez!! :cry:

Pull your credit report, and dispute everything that is not yours. You can dispute online, or by mail...If you do it by mail, it seems to take a bit longer, but you can send more documentation to prove the accounts are not yours.

There is no EASY way to repair, but the more work you put into it, the better results you'll get.

Submitted by Jessi on Mon, 04/10/2006 - 18:31

Jessi

( Posts: 3361 | Credits: )

Jessi is right. You have to dispute it with credit bureaus.

The accounts you are talking about belongs to your ex-husband or these are joint account? Are they paid? It seems your ex accepted the responsibility of these bills, hence they cannot appear in your report.

Browse forum pages, interact with people. It will help you develop the knowledge how to deal these issues. It might take some time. Jessi is right again, there is no easy way.

Submitted by stella on Tue, 04/11/2006 - 17:35

stella

( Posts: 488 | Credits: )

I would like to know more about to how to improve my credit as well.Are there really some known things that can be done without paying money to improve one's credit?

Submitted by dortchlord1 on Tue, 05/02/2006 - 21:33

dortchlord1

( Posts: 44 | Credits: )

Hi dortchlord1

Your credit is largely based on your scores and the financial institutions have a keen interest on it.

One of the most important factors that hurt the credit is the inaccurate reporting by the bureaus. As Jessi said above, you must review your file thoroughly and look out for any incorrect entries. Get them removed from the file.

Other than that, your good payment history will also have effect in your scoring system. If you can make timely payments, you will have immediate effects in your file.

Have a look at the thread below. Here, you will get the necessary information on how to improve your credit file without paying extra.

http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/forums/credit-check.html

Submitted by john on Wed, 05/03/2006 - 14:09

john

( Posts: 1231 | Credits: )