Skip to main content
index page

Frustrated and looking for someone to help...

Submitted by on Tue, 04/11/2006 - 20:02
Credits:
[Donate]

I am completely frustrated with credit repair!
I have tried the validation process, I have sent numerous letters and just feel trapped!

I have contacted the forum here for help via telehone and they cannot help. What I have is not hard, but I need the right direction. I have about 6 outstanding collection accounts that I need to pay and about 8 student loans that have been consolidated that I need to have removed from my crdit report.

What can I do?????

I have tried numerous things. I received a settlement offer from a collection agency and I did what someone said here to do, which was to send a settlement letter with a return agreement for them to sign and return to me, but no go. Never received a response. This has been ongoing for months now.

I would much rather pay someone to handle this and get rid of it for me.

Any ideas?

There are plenty of listings on-line for credit repair services, but my understanding is that if the listings are valid, they won't be removed until they roll off in 7 years.
I got an online credit report and am trying to correct the inaccurate and/or duplicated information listed on mine.
Did you ask the collection agency to put the offer in writing? That might be easier to get them to do.

It is a lot of work, but any repair that you can do to your credit is worth the frustration.

Submitted by Kathryn on Wed, 04/12/2006 - 10:31

Kathryn

( Posts: 96 | Credits: )

Hello. Starting on repairing credit. Have 2 charge off. Have read that I can pay to have a company "delete" them off, with the word "Delete" on my credit report. ? is will that help with my credit score??? Thank you much Lou

Submitted by sweetpeaaz4 on Wed, 04/12/2006 - 12:18

sweetpeaaz4

( Posts: | Credits: )

I have received settlement letters from companies, but when I request a signed letter in return, they do not copmply, ex: midland credit management. I did speak to someone over the phone and they told me that they would list it as paid as agreed from both them and the original creditor on my credit file and send me a letter stating this including the account #'s for the original creditor along with their account #'s. But when I sent a letter exactly what they said to me to sign and send back, I get no response. This is an on-going thing with Midland. They failed to Validate the debt, and now I feel they are just bullshitting me around. That is why I do not send them any money!..All I want is to pay it off, but it looks like I will just file bankruptcy, and send them a do not contact letter and start recording phone calls and keeping letters so that I may take them to court and sue them big time. At this point if anyone knows how to sue someone let me know because they failed to validate the debt.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/12/2006 - 14:18

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

This site does not offer credit repair service; it offers free credit and debt counseling. However members offer valuable tips from their experience and it works very well. I have read here that few members have indeed repaired their credit with the help of others.

http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/forums/about8666.html

http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/forums/about8875.html

Dwayne, I feel for you. It seems you have been moving to and fro for some time. I would consolidate my debts. Once you place your accounts under consolidation program, the counselor will help you pay it off with easy installments. And once the accounts are paid, they will negotiate with your creditors to report it in your favor. Register here to receive free counseling.

You can consolidate all your unsecured debts with the help of this site. But you might have to look somewhere else to consolidate your student loans. Visit Student debt consolidation forum for more info.

Submitted by stella on Wed, 04/12/2006 - 15:45

stella

( Posts: 488 | Credits: )