index page

law offices of bennett and deloney

Submitted by kendri9999 on Thu, 04/20/2006 - 08:49
Credits:
[Donate]

can anyone give me information on the law offices of bennett and deloney

kendri9999

Hi, welcome to the forums!

I checked with the BBB, and could not find any complaints, however a few google searches showed complaints where the collectors were not willing to work with the consumer, and were harassing them.

What is the nature of your business with them? Perhaps, we could help further if we knew the nature of your business with them, or tell you how to approach them.

Their address and phone number are below.

Law Offices of Bennett & DeLoney
1265 E. Fort Union Blvd., Suite 150
Midvale, UT
800-815-1177
888-571-1190

You can also view another dicussion at the thread below.
http://forums.debtcc.com/forums/bennettanddeloney.html

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Thu, 04/20/2006 - 09:00

Teleport

( Posts: 1388 | Credits: )

have some checks with them that are very old offered to pay but the fees are like $150 for a check that was written for 20.00 and so on. Contacted the company and they want about 2000. for checks that total $200. I really want to pay and am having a tuff time b/c they want 2000. I dont know what to do, the people I have talked with are not very cooperative, I spoke to one guy a while back that was helpful and I started paying the checks but the guy left and now iam getting the run around and would just like to pay . oh by the way the checks that i have with them is b/c of the company I was working for went bankrupt did not pay me and I incurred fees on my checking account which resulted in a collapsing effect

Submitted by kendri9999 on Thu, 04/20/2006 - 09:26

kendri9999

( Posts: 5 | Credits: )

kendri9999

Contact the AG office in West Virginia. I'm sure they'd be happy to know that the law office of Bennett & DeLoney are still charging high fees on their recovery of bad checks.

Bennett & DeLoney got sued awhile back for their unethical behavior, and were ordered to return fees to numerous customers.

Also, have you sent out a validation letter. You want to make sure they legally own the debt, and have the right to be collecting from you. You could also ask for an explanation in why the amount is so high.

If you'd like, I can send the contact information for the AG office in a private message.

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Thu, 04/20/2006 - 09:32

Teleport

( Posts: 1388 | Credits: )

bennett & deloney is a licensed law firm in utah, who's principal business appears to be debt collection. this means that they must follow the fdcpa as a collector and unless they are licensed in your state cannot act as a lawyer. If their collectors start talking about suing, etc.. ask to speakk directly to the attorney handling the case, (my guess is you won't be able to).

Before paying them anything you should request that they completely vaildate the claimed debt and prove that the fees they are charging are appropriate.

Submitted by jj on Thu, 04/20/2006 - 11:36

jj

( Posts: 1057 | Credits: )

I can probley give you some good info you can E-mail me if you have further intrest in the info that I can poss. provide.

Submitted by on Wed, 09/27/2006 - 19:07

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

this company is a harassing collector.i owe them money and been paying them and they still want more money.and they say i ignor them and i dont.they call u up every day harassing u. i had to disconnect my phone cause of this company. what ever u do.pay them up..

Submitted by on Tue, 08/14/2007 - 19:55

I have been recieving harassing phone calls from these people on my cell phone and now at home. I have tried to set up payment arrangements with them and now they are telling me they are going to take me to court because I have refused to pay them. I have tried to make every effort to send what I can afford without losing my mind. I just got a call today and threats of going to court and pressing charges on me. I have checks in their system and I am willing to pay but I am not willing to have someone harass me day and night on this. Please let me know what to expect next from these people. I do not need the police knocking on my door.
Please do not use your personal e-mail id as a username or otherwise due to security reasons. - Jason

Submitted by on Fri, 02/15/2008 - 12:42

I have been recieving phone calls every day and night from this company. I answered the phone today and decided to talk to them. I was told that I had to pay the debt in full now or they will send my accound to the next stage. Exactly what is the next stage, I asked, I was told to wait and see. I explained that I work part time and I do not have the amount they are demanding at this time. I was then asked, is that my final statement on this matter. I did not know what else to say so I said yes. Probably a big mistake on my part there. I am located in PA and the attorney/debt collectors are in another state.

Submitted by firewoman69c on Fri, 02/15/2008 - 13:42

firewoman69c

( Posts: | Credits: )

Bennet & Deloney law office keeps harassing me. I had checks, credit cards, ID stole over a year ago, did all the correct paper work with all the companies trying to collect from me and then out of the blue this law firm is really harassing me - phone calls every day etc. I have sent to the collection agencies (and credit bureaus etc) a Fraud letter from the bank, Affidavits, police report copies and numbers and they still won't leave me alone. Any ideas?
Thanks

Submitted by on Sat, 01/17/2009 - 13:37

I do believe Bennet and deloney are very incooperative.
they don't understand that i am 17 years old an it is going to take me sometime to pay off my fines.
there very pushy.
and always rude on the phone.
i think they need new workers with better attitudes.
i'm not abput to deal with someone that rude over the phone.
Cadey

Submitted by on Fri, 02/13/2009 - 06:58

My daughters boyfriend shoplifted from Wallmart and she was with them they were arrested. They pleaded guilty, got 3 yrs probation, $561 fine and are never to go into a wallmart. Today someone from bennett law firm called her on her cell phone and stated they were attorneys for wallmart and she owed them $225 before April 1. They also stated they sent her something in the mail which we never received. Her boyfriend received a call from bennett law firm but its a different phone # and they told him the same thing. He hasnt received anything in the mail either. Is this Law firm a scam?

Submitted by on Tue, 03/10/2009 - 16:38

Okay, first og all they will not sue you unless it is worth the hassel. They are not a law firm, they are a collection agency. They just have any attorney who backs them and that makes them think they can use that info, but it is illegal to state that you will sue someone if you are not the attorney and if there is no intention to do so. You should look up the FDCPA. There are tons of laws that collectors break to get paid that common people do not know about. Each violation is a $1,000 fine from the collector and another $1000 from the agency. If they are harrassing you (calling before 8am and after 9pm) or disclosing information on your answering machine or to another person then you could sue them and make alot of money from the agency. If you do not have the money then you simply do not have it. Pay what you can and if they do not accept your payment then they are breaking the FDCPA! If you do not want them to contact you then send them a certified letter that states for them to CEASE AND DESIST all contact with you via telephone and through the mail. Then if they contact you again, you can sue them for harrassment.
Hope this helps a little.

Submitted by on Thu, 10/07/2010 - 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do believe Bennet and deloney are very incooperative.
they don't understand that i am 17 years old an it is going to take me sometime to pay off my fines.
there very pushy.
and always rude on the phone.
i think they need new workers with better attitudes.
i'm not abput to deal with someone that rude over the phone.
Cadey

It is illegal for anyone to try and collect from a minor. They would need to contact your parents.

Submitted by on Thu, 10/07/2010 - 13:20