Skip to main content
index page

I am trying to become informed

Submitted by on Thu, 04/20/2006 - 16:37
Credits:
[Donate]

I am trying to become informed about the legitimacy of a company called clear debt solutions and the process by which they recommend a person can become debt free.

Check the Rip-off report at ripoffreport.com. Word of mouth is also best. The great consolidation hero amongst us is T&C. On the negative, we have Miracle Management Group who are a bunch of charlatans, and Provanta Financial Solutions whom I've had an expereince with. Provanta isn't entirely dishonest, just completely ineffective and is of no help. Miracle Management will take all your money and run. Let T&C be your new best friend.

Submitted by Jedi Mistress Ari on Thu, 04/20/2006 - 16:51

Jedi Mistress Ari

( Posts: 2192 | Credits: )

Travis, the company is not listed with BBB with the name you mentioned. May be they use alias.

I understand how important it is to do business with a good company. I would suggest you registering with this website. Once you submit your contact information, you are ready to receive free counseling with one of the best consolidation companies of the country. I'm sure the counseling session will do you good and you will then agree to enter into the program, hence, no tension of searching a good company at all. Good luck.

Submitted by stella on Thu, 04/20/2006 - 16:52

stella

( Posts: 488 | Credits: )

Travis

Hi, welcome to the forums! All of which Ari told is true. But don't let just one option be in front of you. There could be other options out there. All of the services offered by this site are of good choice. You can sign up for a free debt consolidation counseling session by cliking on the link below.

Please let us know if you have any other questions

www.debtconsolidationcare.com/signup

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Sat, 04/22/2006 - 15:50

Teleport

( Posts: 1388 | Credits: )

Companies House UK has them registered but they were only incorporated in September 2006, but they haven't stated what sort of business they are in! No accounts filed yet (not due until July 2007). Hmmm. I've just received a fax from them - not asked for, nor wanted - but stating that they have a Consumer Credit Licence (593000) and a Data Protection Number (Z9648879).

Submitted by on Fri, 05/04/2007 - 11:06

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I am thinking about signing up with Clear debt solution based out of Florida. Should I reconsider?
I talked to many consolidation companies and so far have been pleased with the answers to my questions and some other information that was given to me.

Please advise here!

Illinois

Submitted by on Sun, 07/22/2007 - 12:08

Clear debt solution - the REAL ONE- is based out of Ukiah,California with an office in St. Paul, Minnesota as well. Here is some recent PR news regarding the company as posted on Yahoo, Marketwatch/DOW, and KRON on August 27, 2007.

Source: TBS Inc.

Submitted by on Wed, 08/29/2007 - 15:17

I would not use clear debt. A friend of mine is using them and are being sued by 2 creditors. Also they called her today to tell her that they have settled with capital one. her original debt was $1,700 they told her they would settle for $850.00 when she first started the program. 6 mos later they said they have settled for half of what she owed, $1,200.00 when she questioned them about it they told her it was because of the late charges that capital charged her?? They never said anything about late charges. Seems to me they never contacted them like they were supposed to in the begining Please find another company to used

Submitted by on Thu, 09/27/2007 - 11:39

I looked up clear debt today and it seems to good to be true. I can't believe credit card companies are actually suing real people! That's all I need right now. I'm gonna look up some of the other companies mention above. Thanks guys! :roll:

Submitted by on Fri, 02/22/2008 - 15:10

If you save money you can call creditors and try to settle your own debt, when you get about 40% of the debt saved, and you are over 90-120 days delinquent, call and offer that amount of something less, many creditors will settle versus suing or selling your account. A debt settlement company cannot protect you from being sued and if you get sued, they can no longer work with you on that account. Debt settlement is not for everyone, if you don't have a way to save enough money to settle at least 40% of what you owe in a 24 month period, you'll probably get sued. If you see your financial crash, prepare before you are out of assets.

Submitted by on Sat, 02/23/2008 - 04:22

Well.....ALOT of my debt is Unsecured. I am working with the 'small stuff' first..saving a bit here and there, to pay them off. I figure it this way. It doesn't really matter HOW LONG it takes. The debt is ALREADY on my CR. Also..what some people may not know, if you look at your CR, on certain debt, that has been on a while, the CR will read 'fall off dates', next to the debt. Thsi means that the SOL is up and the debt will 'fall off' by whatever date it says. REALLY lok at these.....if you start paying on a old debt ( that may 'fall off' soon) it's possible that you will start the SOL all over again. Hope this helps some people out.

Submitted by sdchargers_63 on Sat, 02/23/2008 - 08:45

sdchargers_63

( Posts: 1798 | Credits: )

I am thinking of signing up with them. Their web site says they can lower from 40-60% of my original debt. I saw that someone was sued by two to three of the credit company. Anybody out there have a successful result with them. My debt is over $100K. They say they can drop this to around 40-60%.
Thank you.

Submitted by on Thu, 06/12/2008 - 17:55

They took $1,800 of my money, I was being sued by a creditor within 3 months of the program. I talked to a lawyer and filed bankruptcy fortunately before the creditor vultures had a chance to sue me because a judgment in court stays on your credit report forever and is worse than a bankruptcy which only stays for 7-10 years. Clear debt solutions talks a good game, but when it comes down to it won't be there to help you if you get sued. They're a joke and a fraud of a company. The people running these scams should be shot by a firing squad. They are liars and thieves!

Submitted by on Tue, 08/12/2008 - 04:50

debt management program is a process to handle your debts. This is a method by which a credit counseling agency or a law firm provides debt assistance to manage your debts by reducing the apr. While opting for a debt management plan you should know the right time to opt for it, the process it follows, the advantages and the disadvantages of the debt management plan. debt settlement is a process to eliminate your outstanding payments for less than the amount actually owed to your creditors. The process not only stops you from paying the monthly installments to your creditors, but also reduces your debts by 40% - 60% of the total amount. You can start a debt settlement program in two ways, by directly dealing with your creditors or by contacting a debt settlement company. The debt settlement companies usually deal with the creditors on your behalf. Apart from analyzing the advantages and the disadvantages of debt settlement, do not forget to choose the right time to settle your debts.
---------------
Stellathomas

Virginia Treatment Centers

Submitted by stellathomas555 on Tue, 08/12/2008 - 04:58

stellathomas555

( Posts: | Credits: )

Clear Debt is not the one for you. We signed up for them, they started out by taking almost a $2k fee, then after that, almost half of the $560 we gave them every month went to them in fees and we still ended up having three law suits against us. They only settled one account for us in the nearly 10 months we were with them. We ended up filing Chapter 13 because we just couldn't take the chance of the lawsuits and having them attach my husbands paycheck. If you really need to find debt counseling...your best bet is with non profit orgs. Google non profit credit counseling and you should get a list of them there. Good luck.

Submitted by on Sat, 10/25/2008 - 17:06