Skip to main content
index page

Before I file for bankruptcy

Submitted by on Sun, 12/17/2006 - 09:19
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello, all-

I recently went through a divorce because my husband found the lover of his life.
He was using my credit cards to spend money on the girl and even with the judgement he is refusing to pay.
He is self-employed and receives cash from his clients. This make it hard for me to proof his income and he's already hidden all his assets.
Since I'm the primary card holder, the credit card companies are after me and with my regular salary, it's been a really difficult year.
Before I file a bankruptcy, this is my last option.
Would you please let me know if there is a hope other than a bankruptcy?
Thank you.

Welcome to the Community :D There are always solutions other than bankruptcy. Have a look at this thread on the benefits of debt consolidation at http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/ You can combine all your debt into one payment. There is also a Do it Yourself section, under "Our Services" you may want to look at. We are here to help and guide you in the process. A debt counselor will contact you and discuss thiese and other options with you. Good Luck!..Karen

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Sun, 12/17/2006 - 09:23

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )

This is a rough patch that you are going through right now and believe me, everyone on here can identify with you in some way. I don't know the details obviously of your divorce, but it is clear you are on your own. While it seems like your ex is getting away "scot-free", he will eventually have to pay for his actions. Make sure when the debt counselor contacts you, you have all statements, etc. ready to discuss. Keep reading, posting and ask any questions. Everyone here loves to help those in need.

Submitted by Lorri on Sun, 12/17/2006 - 10:01

Lorri

( Posts: 1721 | Credits: )

welcome minsongk there is always hope in life. Anyhow your ex will have to pay his dues especially if he is paid "under the table". he will probably meet an IRS agent first though. Anyhow there are many who will help and suppor t you here. I think you should look at all your options and a counselor will be calling you to help you go over your options. Good luck and keep posting

Submitted by PDLFREE on Sun, 12/17/2006 - 10:06

PDLFREE

( Posts: 1245 | Credits: )

minsongk -

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Your story almost mirrors my own. It has been almost 6 years now, and it still stings a bit when I think about it. But, believe me, you will get through this. You will move on, you will heal, and you will be a stronger person than you ever thought possible. You do have a long road ahead of you, and I won't try to sugar coat it and say it's going to be easy. But you need to know that in the end, you will come out on top of this.

Take care of yourself and keep us informed of your progress - and let us know if we can answer any questions. If you need to talk about your situation, please feel free to pm me. I check the site in the mornings and evenings every day.

Submitted by SUEBEEHONEY70 on Tue, 12/19/2006 - 20:05

SUEBEEHONEY70

( Posts: 4583 | Credits: )