Skip to main content
index page

who is premier credit?

Submitted by on Mon, 10/09/2006 - 04:56
Credits:
[Donate]

Recieved a call on the machine ,he gives the number for me to call ,I call and its a recording for premier credit so I hang up.I dont have any accounts with premier nor do I know who they are.

Premier Credit is a collection agency. Maybe, they are collecting for one of your past debts. I have found a couple of their addresses. Try any of these and get the debt info in writing.

PREMIERE CREDIT MANAGEMENT LLC
5500 Main Street Suite 106
Williamsville, NY 14221
Local Phone Number: (716) 633-4495
Fax Number: (716) 633-1829

Premiere Credit
2002 N. Wellesley Blvd, #100
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Phone Number: 317-869-0618

Submitted by IncredibleHelp on Mon, 10/09/2006 - 14:42

IncredibleHelp

( Posts: 492 | Credits: )

I just read BBB's rating on this company. They have the lowest rating there, harassing people. This company is bad news! They use very questionable tactics. It's not known whether this is a legitimate company, as they are not certified by the BBB.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/15/2008 - 05:34

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I received a call at work from this company. They said that I had 1 day to decide if I want to pay this account. I didn't have a clue what they were talking about I have never heard of them hadn't received a letter or anything. They said they are going to garnish my wages. Help!

Submitted by on Thu, 11/13/2008 - 16:54

they can't do that without a court order.next time inform them that they have 5 days to send a dunning letter.if they don't use the addresses earlier in the thread to send DV and C&D letters.send the letters certified mail return receipt.

Submitted by paulmergel on Thu, 11/13/2008 - 17:00

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Happy,
They have 5 business day after first contact with you to send something in writting. Also they cannot garnish your wages without getting a judgement against you. Plus i would check on the laws of your state, some states do not allow garnishments. I would file complaints with you state on this company.

Submitted by puddlejmpr on Thu, 11/13/2008 - 17:01

puddlejmpr

( Posts: 1634 | Credits: )

they hit me up today also..question can you get garnished for student loans? I know people who owe 10's of thousands and they are harassing me over 2500? Is it legel for them to call my job?

Submitted by on Mon, 11/17/2008 - 12:44

You can have your wages garnished for student loans. Those don't have an expiration SoL I believe either. You will need to send them a C&D letter for them to stop calling you at work. A letter is best because a favorite saying from collection agencies is, if it isn't in writting it didn't happen.

Submitted by FYI on Mon, 11/17/2008 - 16:16

FYI

( Posts: 1950 | Credits: )

FYI - if it's a federally insured student loan, they do NOT have to get a judgment against you, nor do they have to take you to court. It's called an administrative wage garnishment, and they can send one to your employer without ever having any contact with you at all. The difference is that wage garnishments that go through the court system garnish 25%, administrative wage garnishments allow for a lower percentage to be garnished - 15%.

Student loans have no statute of limitations - federally insured loans can and will garnish wages, tax returns, stimulus checks, social security/disability benefits, etc ...

Instead of ranting about how terrible bill collectors are, talk to your creditors. Explain your situation without yelling and cursing, and chances are they'll be able to work with you.

Also, looking at the BBB for a collection agency is silly. Who is going to contact the BBB and say, oh, I defaulted on a student loan 10 years ago, dodged it for as long as I could, ignored the hundreds of letters sent about it, and when finally faced with a wage garnishment, owned up to my responsibilities. Collection Agency X was very helpful and I like them a lot! ........ Uh-huh.

Submitted by on Tue, 02/24/2009 - 21:34

Actually the BBB comment is quite believable, at least from my days of collecting. Due to the government regs and the clearances that student loan collectors have to have, they tend to be a different breed of collectors. Hell I am still in touch with 3 of my old debtors, and I left the field almost a decade ago!

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Tue, 02/24/2009 - 21:45

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )

I am getting calls from them for my sister! I pay my bills. I also am on the do not call regist. but yet Premier calls ME! She has NEVER lived at my address, in fact she is states away, and I have nothing to do with HER loans. Still, they call and hound me. THEY ARE SCUM!

Submitted by on Thu, 07/23/2009 - 05:59

ONCE AGAIN IF THE PEOPLE COMPLAINING WOULD JUST PAY THEIR BILLS THEN THEY WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT "SCUM" CALLING THEM, IF YOU KNOW YOU OWE A DEBT, JUST TAKE CARE OF IT. BY ALL MEANS I'M NOT SAYING GO BROKE, BUT I'M ASKING YOU TO EXTEND THE SAME HAND SOMONE GAVE TO YOU! IF NO ONE PAYS BACK THEIR LOANS, HOW IS MY SON GOING TO GET THE MONEY TO GO TO SCHOOL? IT'S JUST LIKE THE SOCIAL SECURITY THING IF WE DON'T PUT ANYTHING BACK IN THE POT, WHAT ARE WE COOKING? FOR ALL THE DEAD BEATS THAT DEBT COLLECTORS HAVE TO LOOK FOR, MAN UP AND HANDLE YOUR SHIT!!!!

Submitted by on Wed, 08/05/2009 - 17:32

INDIANAPOLIS - Premiere Credit of North America, an Indianapolis-based, national debt collection agency, has launched a new website that features the recent construction of a 3,800 gallon shark tank in their main lobby. Flash animation of sharks circling the home page ([URL="http://www.premierecredit.com/"]www.premierecredit.com[/URL]) is just a preview for web watchers to see the actual tank and shark feedings through a "shark cam."
Todd Wolfe and David Hoeft co-founded the company in 1999. Premiere Credit has quickly grown a large national client base that includes numerous state government agencies and the U.S. Department of Education. The Indiana Department of Revenue recently awarded Premiere Credit a contract to collect delinquent property taxes on behalf of the state.
"We chose to invest in building a shark tank and make it a major theme for our website, but not for obvious reasons," said Todd Wolfe, President & COO, referencing the stereotypical “loan shark” image of debt collectors.
"Sharks are constantly moving forward, resistant to infections and cancers, and have the ability to heal quickly from severe injuries - qualities that Premiere Credit of North America nurtures as part of its corporate culture. We have found that the shark tank is highly inspiring to our collections staff and our clients. It’s a symbol of what we stand for and where we are going," he added.
Premiere Credit was recently named as one of Inc. 500’s "Fastest Growing Private Companies in America," placing 55 out of 500 companies nationwide and first among seven Indiana companies on the list.

Submitted by on Tue, 02/16/2010 - 09:56

If you are being dunned for a previous Dept. Of Ed. Student Loan by Premiere and they are using questionable methods, contact this lady at the Dept. of Ed., who wrote the following favorable testimonial on Premiere's own website:
Your expressed desire to be number one is evident from your management's business philosophy and the successful efforts of your collectors. We have found Premiere Credit to be very receptive to special requests, and your responsiveness in working with us has been exceptional. Your actions show that you are truly committed to providing outstanding customer service. "
- Kris Hurd
Operations Manager
Student Loan Fund of Idaho, Inc.

Submitted by on Tue, 02/16/2010 - 10:00

I got a call from them. It was for a delenquent student loan. They have evidently found a way to access who I have talked to on my cell phone, as they are calling these people looking for me and asking them personal questions about me.
I spoke to them on Friday, explained my whole situation to them, no job, furnace is broke, gas has been shut off, etc.
Then on saturday they call. i didn't answer.
Then on Monday they called again, asked the same stuff, sounded more threatening this time. I said frickin" in a sentence because I was getting mad. i was told cussing wasn't necessary.
.....EXCUSE ME!!! You called ME on MY phone.
She said I had no reason to yell.
I told her I wasn't going to sit and explain my whole life story everyday. She said until something has been agreed upon in writing for payment, she couldn't control them calling, as they are trying to collect a debt.
After a few more choice words, she said "I'm ending this call now" and hung up. Boo hoo!
I suppose my friends and I are all subject to harassing phone calls now.

Submitted by on Tue, 03/30/2010 - 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I wrote #20. They have called my brother 6 times today. Now, I know for sure they have hacked into my phone somehow.

Contact your cell phone company and find out when the last time you made a call to them to inquire about your bill. It sounds like someone is playing a ruse on your cell phone company to get information on you.

Submitted by on Sat, 04/24/2010 - 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
ONCE AGAIN IF THE PEOPLE COMPLAINING WOULD JUST PAY THEIR BILLS THEN THEY WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT "SCUM" CALLING THEM, IF YOU KNOW YOU OWE A DEBT, JUST TAKE CARE OF IT. BY ALL MEANS I'M NOT SAYING GO BROKE, BUT I'M ASKING YOU TO EXTEND THE SAME HAND SOMONE GAVE TO YOU! IF NO ONE PAYS BACK THEIR LOANS, HOW IS MY SON GOING TO GET THE MONEY TO GO TO SCHOOL? IT'S JUST LIKE THE SOCIAL SECURITY THING IF WE DON'T PUT ANYTHING BACK IN THE POT, WHAT ARE WE COOKING? FOR ALL THE DEAD BEATS THAT DEBT COLLECTORS HAVE TO LOOK FOR, MAN UP AND HANDLE YOUR SHIT!!!!

If people could just pay they would. MOST people in this situation have no money and barely scrape by. I'm about to be homeless so yeah good advice there kid. handle your shit lol yeah people in today's economy aren't working because they are lazy right we all just quit are jobs to follow the grateful dead. WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? maybe obama will keep raising taxes so your kid can go to school. I will laugh when your kid graduates cant find a job then defaults like the rest of us who cant handle our shit.

Submitted by on Sat, 08/28/2010 - 13:57

i have been collecting on student loans for 8 years...u guys are lucky we get u on the phone..i would def rather speak to someone to try to work it out then having my wages garnished! if u ignore us..or refuse to pay ..if we have your job..best believe u will get garnished and if that happens..it goes towards your DAILY inrest rate and the collection fees befor it touches the principle! i know people are broke..me too.but its def better and cheaper to pay!

Submitted by on Sat, 06/09/2012 - 11:29