Skip to main content
index page

CRS Phone call

Submitted by on Mon, 10/22/2007 - 17:10
Credits:
[Donate]

I got a call from a CRS collection agency today, regarding an old bank account that was apparently not closed right. The account was charged service charges, etc. Long story short, this person told me that the bank was getting ready to file suit. She told me that some type of arrangement for payment of 1/3 of the account had to be made, other wise she was putting this down as a refusal to pay. I have no way to pay this until the first week of November, and she said there is no way to know if USAA will keep the account there or move on to court.
She was not pushy or rude like most collectors, but I still wonder how much of what she said is true, and if there is any way to know what the real status of the account is. Any suggestions???

i had a call from CRS bout a sky bill reference00001276 can you send a card to pay so much a week

Submitted by on Wed, 10/10/2012 - 04:52

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I keep getting calls from CRS, so I finally talked to them because I did not know what they were seeking payment for or how much. I spoke with April Allen and she said that the account was from Discover and I owed them $1,791.00. She told me that my last payment was made in 2005 and it was for $70. I have not had an open or active Discover card account since 1999, when I overcharged it and got behind. The account was settled and closed. As for me making a payment in 2005, I was unemployed and could not find work, so I did not have money to send them and I did not ask anyone for money to pay a collection agency. I just ran my credit report and they are not on it. They are in the section of who checked your credit and they checked my credit in January, so I do not know what that is about. I requested that April email me the debt paperwork and she said she would mail it to me. I asked for an email, not mail--they had my current address and everything but I have never received any written correspondence from them. If you are getting calls from this collection agency beware they are scamming people.

Submitted by on Thu, 02/21/2013 - 17:07

Come on people… don’t you read any of these posts? Yes we’re all getting calls from CRS and no they can’t any of what they say. The latest twist with me was telling my mother they would garnish my wages but if she could somehow pay something that day they would wave the interest and other penalties. My poor 82 year old mom believed her and gave them her card number to help me out! Thank god her bank caught and cancelled the transaction. Normally hate B of A; but to their credit the went further and called and explained this was a fraudulent company scamming people like her out of their money.

Submitted by on Thu, 12/13/2012 - 12:07

The mailing address was pretty easy to find but the E MAIL took a lot of work to find. Remember that most companies such as these want to be able to contact you and your relatives but make contacting them very hard as they often violate FDCPA regulations and threaten, lie, etc. to intimidate people into settling even when not legally required to. So here you are, greed for new customers was their Achilles heel!

CRS Inc.
attn.Tim Ford CEO
8035 E R L Thornton Fwy
Dallas, TX 75228

E MAIL pickcrs@airmail.net

Submitted by on Tue, 01/29/2013 - 19:32