Share post
member profile picture

I was contacted by a company claiming to be U.R.G. they will not tell me what their initals stand for and will not tell me where they are located. I cannot file a bbb complaint due to not knowing who they are their phone number is 888-556-3926 they give you a "case" number and stated all of my precious belongings and property is going t be levyed and theyy will take eveything I own they also called family and told them they were going to come by their home and serve me! I am a collection agent myself, third party and when they called me I was not asked for any verification of who I was, which is also required per the FDCPA. I want to find this company and I dont care even if I cannot I am getting an attorney and I am suing them, the attorney will find them :)

Have you looked online to see if there a case filed against you???

Sub: #31 posted on Thu, 09/12/2013 - 12:32

SOAPLADY SOAPLADY
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17319 | Credits: )

They called me on 866-875-7729. I asked what URG stood for and the guy said it doesn't stand for anything which seemed odd but since he jumped right into the case # and litigation action etc... he threw me off guard especially knowing the company that I owed money to. I asked to have an email confirmation of the settlement agreement and all they sent me was an attachment of basic loan information and to call their number to work on a settlement.... their email gave me this number to call back 866-850-3830 or customerservice@urgonline.co m. Damn I've been scammed!!! I'm pretty skeptical about everything but going through financial harships took the common sense out of me and fear of losing more things... DAMN... I called their number back a few minutes ago and their automated service forwarded me to an ext 2223 but that person is unavailable. Worst part is they caught me while I was driving to work so I couldn't look them up until now. I just sent then an email asking for specific company information, website, that I'll be contacting the lender to confirm they were directly contracted for collection activities, and that I am seeking an attorney's advice on their suspicious company. I should have known since i was scammed for $4500 from a company called ULG back in 2009-2010 claiming to be a law firm helping people out with home lenders to prevent foreclosures.... I don't even care to answer the phone anymore..... sad to see what people on this earth is willing to do to take advantage of others..... hope they all burn in hell.... and yes I will seek legal assistance.

Sub: #32 posted on Tue, 10/08/2013 - 23:35

Unregistered

Someone called leaving me a message. The caller sounded very urgent, but mispronounced my name horribly, then spelled it instead, stating that this was Agent Garcia and that she was instructed to serve me a summons. This agent never stated what it was for, gave me a phone number 855-803-1229 and a case number, saying I needed to call if I wanted to resolve the matter, then at the end of the message, she stated that I was legally informed. From what I know, serving a summons must always be done in person by any law enforcement, no matter what it is for. I called the phone number and it is for URG Offices a Debt Collection Agency. Isn’t it illegal to impersonate an officer, even if it’s over the phone? Anyway, I have no clue what debt this is for.

Sub: #33 posted on Wed, 10/09/2013 - 07:30

Unregistered

I called pretending to be my mom...they didn't even verify that it WAS my mother. Said she owed 45k in cc bills, "didn't they summons you yet??" Then proceeded to scream at me calling me names, saying should should pay your bills, etc...I said over AND OVER AGAIN, "What law firm is this???" He wouldn't say. Ridiculous! Calling the FTC per my attorney.

Sub: #34 posted on Tue, 10/15/2013 - 15:14

Unregistered

I have received numerous harassing calls from this collection agency. They then called my 90 year-old father and scared him to death by telling him that they had a warrant out for my arrest. Then called my son in another state and told him the same story. When I called and asked for the company name so that I could complain to the state's attorney general's office, Lisa, who was very nasty, hung up on me. I called back and was transferred to Jessica Mills in the legal department who told me the name of the business was URG and that they needed to know where to serve me my civil summons. I gave her my address and told her to come on, serve me, and that I was reporting all of them for harassment. What a bunch of unprofessional crooks.

Sub: #35 posted on Mon, 10/21/2013 - 11:21

Unregistered

Go to NACA.net, find an attorney and sue their assess off!!!

Sub: #36 posted on Mon, 10/21/2013 - 20:17

SOAPLADY SOAPLADY
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17319 | Credits: )

Does anyone know their address?

Sub: #37 posted on Thu, 10/24/2013 - 08:15

Unregistered

Idk what to do!!!! I'm so lost because they sound so legit but everyone is saying that it's a scam. I juss made a payment to them and I am super worried! Someone please help!! They called family saying that I had a warrent and that the company pressed charges against me for finicial fraud? I did take out a loan but it was Inly for a $1000. Can they still do that?

Sub: #38 posted on Thu, 10/24/2013 - 12:15

Unregistered

Same thing. Called my mom, told her to apply for food stamps because I'm going to jail and she will have to take care of my 6 kids. So unethical, I'm filing a suit in federal court tomorrow because they are breaking the law!!

Sub: #39 posted on Fri, 10/25/2013 - 15:20

Unregistered

They are trying to strong arm you into paying a debt. First off, that would be a civil matter NOT a criminal one. You will not be arrested ever for not paying back a payday or short term loan. Can you imagine how many people would be in jail if that were the case?! If they actually could summons you, they would already be at your door. No one in America will be arrested or have their house foreclosed upon from a payday or short term loan. They are harassing you and trying to scare you. If they call your relatives, have your relatives tell them to stop calling and say ' I know what you are doing and it is illegal" and they will hang up. You do not have to deal with these people. Your credit rating will suffer but they cannot harass you, threaten you or scare you. You are NOT a criminal so do not let them make you feel like you are .

Sub: #40 posted on Fri, 11/01/2013 - 07:10

Unregistered

Page loaded in 0.611 seconds.