Thanks, Mike! You're the man! :D

Submitted by cannr on Fri, 10/05/2007 - 20:12

cannr

( Posts: 9317 | Credits: )

Thanks to all you guys! You're help has been great here! You deserve it! :D

Submitted by cannr on Fri, 10/12/2007 - 22:52

cannr

( Posts: 9317 | Credits: )

I am typing this in tears of joy. For the last few weeks I have been watching people at work eat there lunch knowing that I had no money for lunch or even a pop. They asked me if I brought lunch and I would say "No, Im just takeing a short break and have to get back to work" I had a cup of ice water. I know there are starving people in this world, but I do not like the feeling of not having anything to eat for breakfast, lunch and just enough for dinner. Well, today that changed if not for a little while. I got home and checked my mail and my debitcc and HOF rewards was there waiting for me, and answer to a prayer. I got right back in my car, went to the currency exchange, and then to the grocery store. I boought 8 bags of grocreys and still have enough for gas in my car. I donkt deserve this. All I have done is help other people here like you all have helped me. I am truly blessed and thank god so much now for every one of you for giving me the way to help myself. I want to hug you Mike, Vikas and all of you for being there and for this Great Day!. Tonight I dine and tommorow I am going to have lucnch at work :!: :D :hug:

Submitted by Lukeskywalker on Mon, 10/15/2007 - 15:30

Lukeskywalker

( Posts: 1909 | Credits: )

What a blessing, Luke!!God steps in at just the right moment! :D

Don't ever let yourself go hungry!! You go to the churches in and around your area-they have food pantrys to tide prople over. We live in a really small town and we have 2,and the even smaller towns around us have food pantrys.I have had to use them in the past to tide us over when the kids were small.

You are right, no one in this country should ever go hungry-but they do-what a shame.

I have a cousin who is mentally ill, about 62 years old, and eats out of the dumpsters, lives in a house with no utilities, etc. We take food over when we can,water, etc. He hides from the social workers,doesn't want any help and has been living this way for about 15 years.

I am glad this "family" was able to help you-you give so much support back to this community!

Best of Luck-Luke-you are in my prayers..KAren :hug:

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Mon, 10/15/2007 - 16:26

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )

I agree with all u said there bossy! My daughter used to be a barista and they served food also. At first they would allow the employees to take the left over food home then some would leave it out after they got home or what not and became sick so they had to stop it! They'd just throw it all away! what a shame!
:(
Ang

Submitted by Ang on Mon, 10/15/2007 - 16:29

Ang

( Posts: 2306 | Credits: )

Thank you bossy4455. Your words ring very true. I have been to the food pantries a few years ago and since then I wanted to help them but I cant and feel bad when I cant help them, so I guess I donkt go there. You and your family are your cousin's angels and we all have them. This site is my angel...my God-Send..im just overwhelmed and so thankful. My prayers are with your cousin tonight Bossy4455. Thank you.

Submitted by Lukeskywalker on Mon, 10/15/2007 - 16:32

Lukeskywalker

I know- I had a client that worked for KFC, and they throw all their chicken away after so long! He would tell me when they threw it away, and I would meet him before he threw it in the dumpster and take it to my cousin and some other homeless guys that hang aroung downtown-it is a waste they do this, when so many are hungry..KAren

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Mon, 10/15/2007 - 16:33

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )

I know, I used to work at buger king and Mcdonalds, they would throw everything into a huge barrel after 10mins. and then throw it out. I asked the manager one night why cant you give this food away at the food pantry down the street, she said " We can be sued if someone gets sick or dies if they eat this" I walked out that same night and never went back.

Submitted by Lukeskywalker on Mon, 10/15/2007 - 16:36

Lukeskywalker

You know, when I was in college, I was a manager a Pizza Hut. One night an old man came in looking for directions to the City Mission. It was late, and it was cold and snowing. I told him to sit down and I made him a pizza and gave him coffee. I called the Mission, and they came and picked him up. About two weeks later he came in looking for me..The mission helped him find a job, and he was expecting to move into an apartment with some other mission residents in a few weeks. He tried to pay me for that pizza...I wouldn't let him, I told him to do someone a favor. I was really proud of myself that night.

Submitted by finsfan13 on Mon, 10/15/2007 - 16:52

finsfan13

( Posts: 6919 | Credits: )