Skip to main content
index page

I paid and settled my credit accounts with the ass

Submitted by Ms Vee on Mon, 03/14/2011 - 17:02
[Donate]

I paid and settled my credit accounts with the assistance of Swift Rock Financial, who messed up my credit and got away with several thousand of dollars. I was not aware of the Pay for Delete agreement and want to know if it is too late to send one to my creditors. I paid my account off about six months ago but still working to bring up my credit score.

I think, it???s too late to send a pay for delete letter to the original creditor. Your creditor may not agree with this pay for delete agreement after 6 months. If you want to remove the negative items from your credit report, then you can make a written request to the creditor to update your account status as ???Paid-as-settled??? and remove the negative listings from your credit report out of goodwill. The following link may help you in this regard:
http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/letters/goodwill-removelisting.html
You should also know that, credit score will not increase instantly after repaying the debt. This is because credit score will improve gradually with time.

Submitted by sally.nachelle on Thu, 06/16/2011 - 05:22

sally.nachelle

( Posts: 275 | Credits: )

A PFD offer is the same in principle as a good-will letter. The difference is that a PFD additionally offer provides $$ as an incentive for their good-will deletion. So you can stil send a GW letter.
With no remaining debt, there is no payment to offer in exchange for CR deletion, so PFD would not be appropriate.
Updating account status to paid in full or settled would both have no FICO impact. FICO does not score the payment of debt, it scores the derogs and delinquencies that occured along the way. Getting the status updated without deletion of the derogs wont improve your score.

Submitted by Lian on Mon, 06/27/2011 - 21:33

Lian

( Posts: 234 | Credits: )