Skip to main content
index page

hall and associates

Submitted by on Wed, 01/17/2007 - 10:16
Credits:
[Donate]

does anyone have information on hall and associates a
law firm from orangeburg new york

yeah , i just got a collection notice from them for Columbia house DVD club .
i haven't had a membership with Columbia house in over 30 years .and since i don't even receive any mail from Columbia house , catalogs or otherwise , i don't see how i owe them anything.
this may be a new form of scam to steal peoples money .i'll do some more investigating .
by the way my wife tried to call the number on the letter and couldn't get a reply .

Submitted by on Mon, 03/31/2008 - 14:47

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I received a letter from this company about a check they said I wrote in 2003. I live in NC and this company is in NY. A check is a local thing and I don't understand why it would go to a collection agency for 5 years. I call this company when receiving a notice and they were really rude. The sec. and the so called owner. I asked for information about what state it came from, but he would not give me any information. When I told him it sounded fishy he got rude and said he was going to file paper work.

Submitted by on Fri, 04/11/2008 - 10:09

I just posted this somewhere else since I got a letter about Columbia House from them, too. I haven't used that in at least 10 years.

HA! I received a letter from this company regarding an outdated debt from the '90s. This is a "zombie debt collection/scavenger collector" tactic where collections companies pay pennies on the dollar for old debts, according to Clark Howard . The legit companies will sell old debts for as little as 1/2 a penny on the dollar (better than nothing); the collections company will make nasty attempts to collect on this expired debt knowing that they'll hit pay dirt b/c some people aren't knowledgeable about this scam or a little thing called "statute of limitations" which is 4 - 10 yrs in my state.

Please do a google search to find more info directly from Clark. VERY helpful.

Submitted by on Sun, 04/20/2008 - 05:31

I just spoke to these a$$holes and was hung up on 4x, they refused to give me a supervisor, and I am filing with our states AG, and BBB.

Submitted by on Fri, 06/13/2008 - 13:17

I've received several notices from these people stating they were collecting on a bounced check. There's no mention of the check #, date of the check, and the amount they report increases every time they send the letter. I consider it a scam if they can't provide what check they are even talking about. I keep all of the letters together in a file but until they decide to cough up a copy of the check, they aren't getting anything.

Submitted by on Sat, 10/04/2008 - 05:02

For the past few months I have been HARRASSED by 'Jay' at Hall & Associates saying that I owed money on bad checks from 2004. At first, he was unable to give me any information regarding the checks. Once he finally gave me information, his story changed many times on the number of bad checks and check numbers. When I asked for something in writing showing proof of these checks he says, ???????they don't do that.??????? Who doesn't send a bill, or proof when trying to collect money? According To Clark Howard, companies are required to send you something in writing and NEVER send any money if they refuse. This has been a nightmare, and the phone calls are so often I have thought about changing my number. I have even contacted the local police to see what my rights are in dealing with harassment. The BBB website states that Hall & Associates is NOT a BBB Accredited business. The people at this so called Law Firm are possibly breaking the law. "Just like any business, there are legitimate collection agencies and rogue ones, too. Collection agencies should never threaten or torment you; it's against the law." ~Clark Howard. If anyone gets a call from any of their numbers, I would contact their local police and inform them.....maybe with a large amount of complaints these people will be shut down.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/22/2008 - 14:29

My parents just got some calls from these guys about an old account from columbia house. Yesterday the total was 104 and a letter was sent in Oct. No mail, so Icalled back asking for a certified letter showing what debt someone in our family owes, and was told we are not obligated to do that and the guy got irate and told me not to call there office again and hung up. So of course, I called back and asked for a supervisor and when he looked at the account, it was now 236. The name of the company is e hall & associates. the previous address is correct, and the ny secretary of state buisness has them listed at:
Current Entity Name: E. HALL & ASSOCIATES PLLC
Initial DOS Filing Date: DECEMBER 01, 2004
County: ROCKLAND
Jurisdiction: NEW YORK
Entity Type: DOMESTIC PROFESSIONAL SERVICE LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
Current Entity Status: ACTIVE

Selected Entity Address Information DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)
E. HALL & ASSOCIATES PLLC
747 CHESTNUT RIDGE ROAD
SUITE 200
CHESTNUT RIDGE, NEW YORK, 10977
Registered Agent
NONE

Submitted by on Thu, 11/20/2008 - 07:36

I was contacted by a collection agency saying that I owed Columbia House money. When I asked for documentation I was told that they did not have to provide any documentation to me regarding the collection. In fact I was advised to contact Columbia House on my own, which I did. I was told that I did not have any account with them. When I asked Columbia House to document that fact I was told that because I had no account they could not write a letter on my behalf to the collection agency. I was then contacted by Hall and Associates Law Firm and threatened with litigation unless I paid. I was contacted by a collection agency saying that I owed Columbia House money. When I asked for documentation I was told that they did not have to provide any documentation to me regarding the collection. In fact I was advised to contact Columbia House on my own, which I did. I was told that I did not have any account with them. When I asked Columbia House to document that fact I was told that because I had no account they could not write a letter on my behalf to the collection agency. I was then contacted by Hall and Associates Law Firm and threatened with litigation unless I paid. When I asked Hall and Associates for documentation on the debt they also stated that they did not have to provide documentation on the alleged debt. After several harassing phone calls and the threat of litigation I agreed to pay them. I was told that I must Western Union payment to them by a certain date. Upon being told to "Western Union" them money I became suspicious that perhaps this was some sort of scam. The harassing phone calls have continued and now they are referring me to head council and are going to request that they take immediate and harsh legal action against me.

Submitted by on Wed, 12/17/2008 - 09:19

Report them!!!! (FTC, BBB, General Attorney, Telephone Protection Act, Contact a Lawyer)

First of all, he probably used a predictive dialer to call your cellphone. If so, that's illegal under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). No exceptions to that rule. So you can report the call to the FCC

(If I were you, I'd report the call and let the FCC determine if an autodialer was used.)

Second, it's not only illegal for a debt collector to place calls for the purpose of harassing someone, it's also illegal for them to threaten to harass someone with phone calls. So you can also report this crook to your state's attorney general and to the Federal Trade Commission. You can find your attorney general's

And you can file a complaint online with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission)

(In your complaints, you should make clear that Howell & Associates are threatening you with more calls even though they know that you're not the person for whom they are looking.)

If this bum keeps harassing you, you may want to consider suing Howell & Associates like others are doing and have done

Submitted by on Wed, 01/28/2009 - 17:48

Okay, I just got a letter in the mail from this Hall & Associates: Attorneys @ law as well. The letter states "This firm represents checkcare systems of Dallas: A check issued by me to Digiton was returned unpaid. " It's also threatining that their client could file a lawsuit, and i could be sued.

I remember getting two letters from West asset management for the same issue with Digiton. But, I didn't even know who Digiton was, and never heard of them, so I ignored it.

however, looking at a recent credit report, West Assest Management is on my credit report now, on TransUnion.

So....my question is, Now what do I do? Hall and Ass. is charging me $195. West Assest was only asking for was around $50.

I dont really want to pay anything, as i have no idea who this company is, nor do I ever write checks to pay for anything. The only thing I use checks for is to pay rent, and in the past before online bill pay was to pay for bills. So, I'm confused. And, not after reading everyone from above, I don't even want to call these people. So, does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should do? I certainly do not want to get sued, and I would really like to get this West Assest mgmt people off my credit report.

HELP!!

Thanks,

Josh

Submitted by on Wed, 02/04/2009 - 06:16

get the addresses off your credit report.then send these two bottomfeeders DV and C&D letters.send them certified mail return receipt.once they receive the letters all collections must stop.then dispute the entries on your credit report.

Submitted by paulmergel on Wed, 02/04/2009 - 06:23

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

I keep getting calls from "Jay" with this hall and associates saying I owe for a bad check from 2004!! I ask him to mail me somthing in writing and he says that he isnt required by law to do so...he was very rude and basically hung up on me. Then he calls my phone right back and I of course din't answer. Then two days later he leaves a rude message saying that since I didnt return his call I obviously had no intention of taking care of this and he was garnishing my check!!!!!! Well, long story short, I have my bank statement from 2004 showing this check was paid thru a different collection ageny in 2004 and I politely told Jay to kiss my butt!!!!! There is something fishy about the entire company!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by on Thu, 02/05/2009 - 12:34

good move VOODOO.they need a court order to garnish wages.i doubt a bottomfeedeing scam can get a legal garnishment.i woulf file AG,and FTC complaints immediately.

Submitted by paulmergel on Thu, 02/05/2009 - 12:37

paulmergel

I reiceived a letter from hall and associates yesterday. The letter stated that I had wroter a bad check and I owed them $170. I then called the # on the letter. I spoke with a secretary on the phone asking for more information than was in the letter. She gave me the check number and said that the check was from 2005 and I owed them $190. I asked for a copy of the check. She was very rude and said that that was the only information that she had and could not give me anymore information. The women then hung up the phone on me. About 15 minutes later I recieved a call from Jay, he told me the same thing that she told me and told me that I needed to resolve the issue. He told me to go to my local Walmart and western union the money. I think something is very fishy about these people.

Submitted by on Tue, 02/10/2009 - 10:16

I just received our first phone call. We have near perfect credit with a credit score that others would love to have. We have never missed a bill on anything. I immediately did research only to come to find this information. I immediately called the number provided on the message they left and informed them that if they pursue harassment of myself and my family, I will file a class action lawsuit.

Anyone in, if they do harass us?
;)

Submitted by on Thu, 02/12/2009 - 07:22

We are dedicated military family to the service and well being of the people of our country. And, while it is that because of our service we have been shielded from the economic pains, our hearts will always be with the people in any way that we may serve. And during such economic pain, it is not alright with people such as myself and others, that the people we defend of this wonderful country are further distressed during an already distressed time. It is not okay to permit the desires of those that wish to steal, scam and hurt others for personal gain. It is for this reason that I have filed an immediate complaint with the BBB and have contacted Hall and Associates with this information. If it is that they are a scam as they heavily appear to be, I hope they will choose to no longer harm others. And by doing this, it is the beginning process of opening the truth as to their intentions through the processes established by the U.S. for the peoples well being.

They contacted the wrong person, if they are a scam.

Thank you
A Dedicated Army Wife

Submitted by on Thu, 02/12/2009 - 08:28

I received a call from Tony from Halls & Assoc, They are saying that i have until Monday to pay what i owe or i can be arrested or sued. Does anybody know if they can really do this? Is this really a scam?

Submitted by on Thu, 03/05/2009 - 14:52

God Afternoon- I received a call (3/9) from Hall & Associates regarding a Columbia House account from 2004. The gentleman who called stated that I owed $412.00 for movies I received. I explained to him that I had a Columbia House account but closed it after i fulfilled the club agreement. He replied with "Well you received stuff without paying so you owe $412 or I will process it as not willing to pay and I will explore other legal options". I asked him if he had any proof of the account or documents supporting his call. He said he had nothing and kept repeating I owed him $412. I told the man I would call Columbia House myself and see if I get an answer. I called CH soon after and spoke with a representative and she couldn't find any records on their files from 2004. So today the same man called me back with the same old song & dance. What should I do in this case?? He isn't providing documents to support his claim...Attorney general complaint?

Submitted by on Mon, 03/16/2009 - 15:21

I have received a letter from Hall & Associates stating I owe $380.00 within 5 days or a judgement will be entered against me and their client has a right to pursue further actions by my state laws. I will be calling Checkcare/Paytek to find out if there is any unpaid checks, sure is funny that I can write checks anywhere and they all go through the companies check scan systems. I am not and will not pay this debt! There is no website for this company nor are they affiliated with the BBB. I would advise anyone else that has the same issues to just call Checkcare/Paytek and deal with them directly. If you get nothing back and Hall & Associates continue to harrass you, call your local authorities.

Submitted by on Thu, 03/26/2009 - 05:53

I just found old letter from Hall & ASSociates. Decided to google these scammers, because I actually paid them $100+ (can't remember exact amount) back in 2006. I was in middle of establishing my credit worthiness and concerned to pay. This letter claiming $166 arrived June, 2007 connecting my dept to Columbia House. Just the fact that one payment wasn't enough MAKES THEM SCAMMERS!

Submitted by on Sat, 04/11/2009 - 20:39

Got an automated call from this company looking for my son. He called them and they claimed he owed $190.00 for a check that bounced in 7/05. This was paid in 11/05 to another collection outfit in the amount of $75. They want a copy of this payment and when I asked for a copy of the "debt" they said they already sent it a year ago and my son would have to "find" it. I had three conversations with "Dan Daniels" regarding this and ended up haning up on him twice because of rudeness. I called a consumer counselling company and they told me just to ignore them as they wouldn't pursue this legally as we are in Montana and them in New York. They also have contacted my son and want him to "pay up" by a certain date through some wiring outfit or else. Good luck to them!

Submitted by on Wed, 04/15/2009 - 18:09

I'm in the same situation dealing with these as******. I'm being told I own Hall and Assoc. 186.00 for a check I "wrote to china panda (chinese food restaurant) in 2006." I don't doubt a check was written because my ex fraudly wrote checks in my name and used my debit/credit cards while I was in the hospital, causing me to ultimately file bankruptsy. When thiI spoke to this VERY rude man, I told him I was under the impression this was covered under my bankruptsy and he he told me this was NOT covered and I had to pay before they take me to court. When I said I would pay the debt but only able to pay 20.00 that day and would pay the remaining balance the next time I get paid. (2 weeks from the date I called) he said "I'm not interested in your 20.00 dollars or your excuses" and hung up on me..I was very upset so my fiance called them back to handle it. After being put on hold and transferred three times the guy kept saying over and over to him "put her on the phone". When he handed the phone to me the guy very rudely said "this is your matter not your boyfriends and I should not have had him call". I said "well you hung up on me and didn't want to resolve the matter with me". He said " I get paid damn good money to get my clients their money and this firm is not a collection firm and their client expects full payment" and "it needs to be paid in full by Western Union".
Me and my boyfriend agreed to pay in exactly two weeks and was told he " would let it sit on his desk for exactly 2 weeks" and the total was 190.00...(btw-I have no idea how some bill can go up 4.00 in a 10 minute period). Also- we never got his name, nor was the phone answered the first time I tried calling (it went to voicemail that DID NOT say the business name or anything on their voicemail message...I worked for a lawfirm and also have attorneys in my family and in my experience a lawfirm's voicemail ALWAYS says the name of the business and a professional and courtesy message.
So after he spoke to us the way he did we considered calling his supervisor, manager, CEO or anyone in charge, but checked their website to even see if they were a real lawfirm first. The site looks relatively real but only list one attorney's name.
As I see from others post above, I was also NOT told a check number or specific date. Only a year (2006). I'm extremely hesitate to pay these people any money...but I'm concerned I'll get sued and harrased if the 27th rolls around and I don't call them. Has anyone OFFICIALLY been sued by these people???
Oh, I'm also calling my bankruptsy attorney momentarily to see if this "check I owe" should have been covered under my bankruptsy (because when I filed they NEVER indicated that a insufficient check wouldn't be covered and I gave them every bill and told them every creditors name and debt owed) and if I should even be hearing from these people three years after the check was alledgely written. I'll post what my bankruptsy attorneys say shortly...but please post if you have been sued by these people because I'm seriously wondering if they just make empty threats to get money from people but aren't legit enough to actually go through with the court/lawsuit action(s).
Thanks!

Submitted by on Thu, 05/14/2009 - 07:11

I too got a call from these clowns. They wouldn't say what they wanted, told my wife I was entitled to an award! A big scam I do believe. They wanted my address. Didn't give it to them. If they had my tel. no. to call, they could easily have got my address. I have filed a complaint with the NY bar association. Maybe they will discipline them, but I doubt it, these attys all stick together.

Submitted by on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 11:19

well thay call my husband asking for money for columbia house as well but the guy onthe other side of the phone sound it a little ghetto.. so i guess it is a scam and the number they provited was a fax.. i looked it up and gave me the city spring valley ny....i said what the hell we are in CA there's was another number as well 845-678-6200 but an answering machine came on so that tells u everything.... :twisted:

Submitted by on Fri, 06/12/2009 - 16:18

hall & associates are currently driving me crazy!!! i dont know what to do. but all this sounds like fraud and it sounds like they need to be taken out. this is unreal and a waste of my time and money. someone stop this scandal!

Submitted by on Thu, 06/25/2009 - 18:04

WOW! I got a call from these guys regarding a check I supposedly wrote (I don't recall writing the check, but I have no access to that account to find anything out - I think, they wouldn't tell me what account it was written on)...they refused to give me any info on the debt, other than it was to Papa Johns Pizza, and they demanded $177 from me. They represented themselves as a lawfirm to me, and I have something they apparently mailed right before calling, to my parents house (I haven't lived there in 20 years). I snotty english sounding guy told me that they were going to put me in jail, and that I'd had this check out for 4 years. I asked him what was the amount on the check, and he said I could figure that out myself. Exact words. I wrote a check (lol) and almost mailed it. I called back to speak to a supervisor and the same guy answered and started up on me again. "As worthless as the check I wrote" I believe it was. I hung up on him, he called back twice. This place is a joke and I would say that everyone should think twice before paying these guys anything.

Submitted by on Tue, 06/30/2009 - 16:00

I decided to call them back. They answered the phone "Lawfirm" I said I wanted to discuss my account, and after getting my file, this guy basically said that he wasn't going to help me. My lawyer advised me to take the steps and be calm with these people just to verify if it's a legitimate debt. Turns out this is the same guy, DREW that I talked to the first time and he's completely rude. He's a liar. Here's why. "Sir, if you aren't going to take care of your check then I will advise the client that they should take our recommended action [to put me in jail/sue, per our first conversation] --" "DREW, I will call the client [Papa John Pizza] and find out the account number, and if it is my account then I'll pay it" "Sir, the client won't know anything about it, they turn it over to us [2] years ago" I would always take care of my debts, but if they can't provide proof that it's my debt, then why should I send them $177?

Bottom line... BS!!!! Don't send them a dime! I'll tell you what they are and do.

Someone in a collection agency thinks that since they got a law degree, they have a lawfirm, so they can represent themselves as such. What they don't do is put anyone in jail for bad checks because the only bad checks they collect on are those too small to be prosecuted for. In my state, a check must be in excess of $50 for the District Attorney to press charges on you. So the companies turn it over to glorified collection agencys to harras you, the companies got paid already. These clowns added $150 to a $27.00 check and I wonder how many people are paying this crap? They couldn't provide me with an account number, or anything other than a check number. I may or may not have written the check, but if they can't provide me with something other than thier word that I owe it, then I'

They NEVER called me back after that. Ask for proof, ask for written proof, ask for details, account number for checks, etc. As for me, they never called once I flipped out on them and let them know I wouldn't be extorted or threatned. I make six figures a year and I have a lawyer. When I let him know that I was indeed recording all of the calls (I love my blackberry) he gave me a check number and told me the client was Papa Johns.

SCAMMY COLLECTION AGENCY! Nothing but.

Submitted by on Tue, 06/30/2009 - 16:41

they collect on columbia house accounts hahahahah i would say yeah thats a collection agency. ive spoken to drew and he's rude and it's all scare tactic...sad part is, it probably works on most people..

Submitted by on Tue, 06/30/2009 - 16:46

My husband has been getting calls from Tony at Halls and associates about a bad check he wrote back in 03. He told him he had until Friday to pay 180 something dollars on a $7.87 check. My husband offered to send a check and they laughed and said that is no good. So he offered to send a money order and Tony said NO we had to do a money gram.

We are not doing either but was asking him to see if he was legit bc something sounds fishy. I am glad I checked here. I do have a question though Here is our laws. Can you tell me if our statute of limitations is 3 or 7 years.. Thanks Also looks like the check has to be over 100 dollars for them to take action.

MISSISSIPPI

INTEREST RATE - Legal: 8% - Judgment amount in contract if no contract amount court decides

STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS (IN YEARS) - Open Acct: 3 - Written Contract 3 UCC: 6 - Domestic Judgment 7 - Foreign Judgment 7(3 if resident)

BAD CHECK LAWS (CIVIL PENALTY) - On checks $100 or more - not more than $1000 fee + court may impose fee of no more than 85% of the check value. Criminal penalties & restitution apply.

GENERAL GARNISHMENT EXEMPTIONS - See federal law.

COLLECTION AGENCY BOND & LICENSE - Bond: No - License: City - Business - Fee:$15-$50

Submitted by on Thu, 07/02/2009 - 01:23

I forgot to say he paid this check off years ago but we didnt keep anything on it. We didn't know it would come back on us. jhornguest

Submitted by on Thu, 07/02/2009 - 01:28

Josh: please give me a way to get a hold of you about your check. That is a scam...I may be able to help you

Submitted by on Tue, 07/07/2009 - 17:13

Those idiots started calling me yesterday. JAY said that I had received letters from them which I hadn't. He would not send me anything in the mail again, and said he doesn't have to. All he would tell me is that I bounced a check to Pizza Hut in 2006. It was bank error and already taken care of. They won't leave me alone, so I filed a complaint with the FTC today.

Submitted by on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 15:21

i have been getting calls from "jay" with this company and he was very rude and not helpful at all. all he told me was that i need to pay since some check i allededly wrote back in 03/2008 to some mobil gas company bounced. i told him i wouldn't because i don't even use checks. he asked me if i lived on 2 streets that i never lived on and i told him he has the wrong person. he still told me to pay. i asked for his info and he began so irate and we got into a shouting match. i made a police report against him and was told to contact the attorney general or FTC to make a complaint if he calls again. which i will definitly do.

Submitted by on Thu, 08/13/2009 - 14:32

Has anyone actually been sued by Hall & Associates? I just got off the phone with them and my research lead to incorrect check numbers. I requested that they prove possession of the alleged check and his reply was that he isn't required to provide proof and that I was not required to pay, but that he was forwarding me to the attorney for potential legal action. My bank has no record of the check, the payee on the check, or an NSF check to begin with. How do you report these clowns and to who?

Submitted by on Fri, 09/11/2009 - 09:22

Only 1 person has sued them in 2009 so they can't be that bad. By the way montuckty, the links to file complaints were just above your post, in my signature.

Marie Wilso,

Send them a Cease & Desist letter, Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested. If they call you again after the date they signed the green card, sue them and collect your $1,000.

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Mon, 09/21/2009 - 23:11

Chrys Henderson

( Posts: 2538 | Credits: )

I got a letter from these guys saying I owe "The Firm" $173. I called to find out more about this "Firm" and was told it was from a bounced check to Caribou Coffee from 2006. While it wouldn't really surprise me if I had done that(kind of an idiot three years ago), I'm also not entirely sure that I did. I want to send them a certified letter requesting more information about this check, but how do I get a letter certified? Where do I go for that? How much does it cost? Is there something else I should do too? Also, if anyone knows Minnesotas laws on these things, I'd appreciate more info on that too!

Submitted by on Tue, 09/29/2009 - 15:18

I received several calls from "jay" as well. When I called back, of course I couldnt talk with "jay". Someone else took my call and started out screaming at me on the phone. He said I owed from two checks from 2003 (5 years ago)! He wouldnt tell me where they were from, the amount or how to pay them. He refused to give me an account number or send me any information via mail. He threatened legal action and screamed at me for a few more min before hanging up on me.

If you get a call from these guys please report to BBB and to the FTC!

Submitted by on Mon, 11/09/2009 - 18:43

i used to work there...there are several attorneys on sight and they most deifnately can AND will sue you deadbeats if you continue to NOT pay on a legit bill... you should stop crying and pay your debts...or at least TRY to get a job

Submitted by on Wed, 12/02/2009 - 08:12

One of my clients also received a letter from Hall & Associates.

I I researched Mr. Hall to see if he is a legitimate attorney and if his firm is a legitimate law firm by contacting the New York State Attorney Registration Unit, and I confirmed that he is not in fact licensed to practice law in New York. A check on his website under his Curriculum Vitae only produces a black page, where one would expect to find a New York Attorney Registration Number if he is indeed licensed to practice law there.

I reported him to the Rockland County District Attorney's Office for the offense of the unauthorized practice of law, as well as possible identity theft and fraud; two of the three attorneys licensed to practice law in New York named ???Edward Hall??? are deceased, and I suspect that he may be fraudulently using one of their identities to illegally collect from my client because his amateurish collection letter suggests that he is in fact not a ???real??? attorney or person for that matter.

Report Mr. Hall to the Rockland County District Attorney's Office.

Submitted by on Mon, 12/07/2009 - 14:57

[COLOR=black]HAHA! OMG! #45...you crack me up. Hall & Ass. can't do anything! I love that you assume (just like the jerks that call people and harass them) we are "deadbeats" who don't pay our bills. The scum that work @ Hall & Ass. who call people ALL DAY LONG AT WORK need to realize that if they won't provide proof of ANYTHING and are consistently rude then they are going to continue battling for people's hard earned money. I work my ass off and am not about to send money to a company who will not send me anything in writing or proof that these checks even existed in the first place just because some ass on the phone said so. Hall & Ass. said the same thing to me a few years ago, that they were going to peruse legal actions and sure enough....nothing. This whole thing is a joke and I hope you guys out there hold on to your money and don't let these guys intimidate you. [/COLOR]

Submitted by on Tue, 12/08/2009 - 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
i used to work there...there are several attorneys on sight and they most deifnately can AND will sue you deadbeats if you continue to NOT pay on a legit bill... you should stop crying and pay your debts...or at least TRY to get a job

this is the funniest thing i've read all day.thanks i needed a laugh.btw i don't consider what you do a job.just another humanoid trying to scam people.

Submitted by paulmergel on Tue, 12/08/2009 - 16:19

paulmergel

I just got a call from this same Hall & Associates people today and very rude. He hung up on me and then called my parents home. He claims he mailed me the info in April 2009 at my address where I just moved to in November!!! Go figure!!! Then I was told it was 7 bad checks from 2004 from Sonic Restaurant for $1800!! No way!! He said they can settle for $1500!!!

Submitted by on Mon, 01/18/2010 - 10:47

[COLOR=black]No it is definitely not, esp. if they are harassing you. Check out Clark Howard’s website; he knows a lot about this kind of stuff. Hall & Ass. do not have a legal leg to stand on. What they do is they buy debts from other companies and try to collect on it themselves, while adding their own fees. One of the reasons the companies who sold the debt do that is because the statute of limitations is up on it and they can't collect any money on it anyways. Hall & Ass. bets on the fact that most people are unaware of the statue of limitations in their own state and scare people into thinking they are going to pursue legal actions if this isn't taken care of. Unfortunately they have probably gotten people to fall for it in the past, I almost did. I got an attorney and had him look into it and through his investigation he found that this wasn't legitimate. Also, remember to NEVER pay for anything without something in writing. Most legal documents that are sent by law firms are sent certified, to show proof of delivery (which Hall & Ass. do not do). The law states that they are required to send the appropriate documentation to the individual they are trying to collect on. Hold on to your money, don't let them trick you or scare you into paying! [/COLOR]

Submitted by on Thu, 01/21/2010 - 06:42