Skip to main content
index page

Answers to your questions

Submitted by Vikas on Wed, 08/20/2008 - 17:31
Credits:
[Donate]

There have been many questions made in the forum by some one posting as JinSanJose and other aliases. I will be replying to those questions here in the hope that JinSanJose will get his questions answered and become a valuable member of the community in the years to come.
1. I have had no ownership interest in Oak View Law Group in the past or the present.
2. Many times JinSanJose has mentioned that his postings will be deleted but I assure him that none of his posting will ever get deleted by me. This forum is a open forum and will remain a open non censored forum.
3. JinSanJose has postulated that this is a fake forum. I request one of the moderators in the forum to volunteer to be an auditor. I will make the IP address of the all postings in the forum visible to that auditor. So that this representative moderator can confirm the audacity of JinSanJose claim that this is a fake forum.
4. There have been questions that I have hired content writers and forum moderators in India to create all this content. I have hired programmers in India and also content writers to create the articles pages. Debtcc website has very clear distinction between articles and forums. Articles are written by people who are on the payroll of debtcc. But the debtcc site has less then 200 articles the value of the debtcc site comes from the open forums and no one has ever been hired to post with fake identity in the forum.
5. There have been questions that I have used different identities. Moderators in the forum know for the last 4 years my real name my cell phone number and even my home address. On this forum I use the screen name of "Vikas" to safeguard myself from internet trolls. If any one of the moderators in the forums wants to know my real identity please post under this thread and I will PM you my cell phone number and we can talk on the phone.
6. I know who "JinSanJose" is in real life. I had met him briefly in January of 2007 at a Starbucks in San Jose along with a common friend. At that time I was trying to understand the legalities involved in starting a law firm. In my meeting with JinSanJose and other attorneys it became clear to me that only a lawyer could own a law firm. So I gave up on the idea to start a law firm to serve the debtcc community better and instead enrolled myself in a law school. After enrolling myself in law school I had requested OVLG for job as a para legal but I could not meet their hourly requirements and hence could not continue with the para legal job.
7. There is no bigger testament to the work I do then the fact that over the last 5 years debtcc has had 0 BBB complaints.

I apologize to JinSanJose if I came across as rude to him in our short meeting. Being a software programmer and a geek at heart social interactions have never been been my strength.

I see that JinSanJose has also helped many people in the forum and being an attorney he can be a very valuable member of this community. I welcome him to keep helping people in the community and it will be very much appreciated by all of us here. There has been times that great relationships have been formed initially that started with skepticism (take for e.g polly and her contribution to the forum) I am praying to God that JinSanJose and all of us in the community will look back in a couple of years with a sense of satisfaction that we were able to clear up the doubts and create a uncensored community which is bigger then any of us individually.

If any one has more concerns or suggestions please post under this topic.

This has been an excellent, learning site that I have ever belonged to. I have learned so much from everyone here that I can't thank everyone enough. I am sorry that someone is making such uselss accusations (sp?). If it weren't for the mods with their knowledge on here we would all be up a creek without a paddle.

I personally want to thank you for this website Vikas as I am sure I speak on a number of our members.

Submitted by ladybug on Wed, 08/20/2008 - 17:39

ladybug

( Posts: 2753 | Credits: )

Ladybug, I'm with you. If it weren't for the great folks on this site, I don't know where I'd be today. They have been here with me during some of the worst times in my life. I appreciate the fact that Vikas has this site and I appreciate the moderators and its members!!! I want to say THANK YOU!!! Too!! Reny

Submitted by lmale on Wed, 08/20/2008 - 17:43

lmale

( Posts: 742 | Credits: )

Welp, all I can say in response to the allegations stating that your Moderators are from India is this, if anyone here would care to speak with me on the phone- PM me, it won't be difficult to figure out it's an Ohio phone number, nor will it be difficult to detect I'm an American from Ohio (been told I have an eastern U.S. accent though lol). Just wanted to thank Vikas for taking the time to respond to these allegations, I also want to thank him for providing us with a wonderful community. :)

Submitted by Shazzers on Wed, 08/20/2008 - 18:16

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

yes thank you Vikas,if not for this forum i don't know where i would be today.i too am from that middle eastern country of chicago IL.this community is a great place and i will defend it to the end.that means all the great members as well.

Submitted by paulmergel on Thu, 08/21/2008 - 06:01

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Thank you Vikas for sharing that and hopefully stopping some of the madness!

I have said many times, this site and the support of the people have saved my sanity. There's too many people I have been acquainted with and become friends over the years here, to even think this is made up. I still remember Fins, Jessi and Polly getting together--what a hoot :lol:

Like me or not, I am as real as they come, and from Oklahoma to boot!!

Thanks for getting and keeping this site open and running, so that others may know their rights, and find some peace of mind.

Now, hopefully we can all get to the business of helping others..karen :D

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Thu, 08/21/2008 - 08:19

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )

As a true skeptic at heart, I have to commend Vikas for an excellent post and although I may not have the same convictions of the other poster mentioned, I am still curious about a few things regarding his affiliations with the law group.
"Polly" had written that it was his brain child and that he had worked for over a year getting this project put together but yet he says he has no ownership interest in it. Something is missing here..... no affiliations what so ever, no sale of the company to anyone else, no interests at all. If I spent that much time on a project, I can't imagine, just giving it away to someone.
The other thing is his pride in not having any problems or complaints with the BBB. I would hope not in a forum type setting but am curious about how he feels about the dozens or more people that have read these threads and have fallen victim to financial ruin as a result of making decisions based on the threads content. [samebox:59dbbe14aa="Vikas"]This is the first time anyone has accused that dozens of people got ruined due to our website. If that is so then why BBB report shows zero complaint? In addition to it, we never claim that the posts or advice given by the members or the non-members can be considered as legal advice. Please go through our Terms of Services (http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/tos.html).[/samebox:59dbbe14aa]
People that read these sites are very vulnerable and often very desperate. If you really want to help people and that is the intent of this site, then tell people to never go near a debt settlement company. [samebox:59dbbe14aa="Vikas"]There is no one solution for debt problems. Debt settlement can act as a good alternative to bankruptcy. It is not wise to write off debt settlement option.[/samebox:59dbbe14aa]You only get one chance at this people and if you choose wrong, you are screwed for years.
Preach the do it yourself approach,[samebox:59dbbe14aa="Vikas"]Please surf our site and you'll find that we do urge our viewers to select self repayment plan and get out of debt by themselves. That's why we have given enough resources in our sire namely budgeting, self repayment plan, do it yourself debt settlement, various debt calculators and many more.[/samebox:59dbbe14aa] retaining a local attorney to help you out in a pinch and settling your own accounts that each of us our accountable for. Why pay huge fees to someone else when we can do it ourselves and use that money to pay off settlements.
If we're at this site, we screwed up and we have to be willing to pay our dues and dig ourselves out of the hole we put ourselves into. Lets not allow people to go to a debt settlement company and screw it all up worse than what we already got.
It's not a secret that this site survives on money from referals from this site when registering but each time a person gets screwed, they will be blaming this site for the referal. It is even worse when the refereals are within the threads of the site. [samebox:59dbbe14aa="Vikas"]Please don't accuse us without going through our the Terms of Services of our sitehttp://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/tos.html[/samebox:59dbbe14aa]
If people want to learn, let them flock here to learn, if they are looking for a debt settlement company to contract with, send them to a search engine and let them fend for themselves, maybe try ebay, am sure these companies will be there soon.

Submitted by on Thu, 08/21/2008 - 14:46

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

The last time I check my passport it stated that I was born in the USA.......I am a member and I live in North Carolina. I went to school in the Carolinas and I work in the Carolinas. According to my paycheck I live in the USA!

Submitted by on Thu, 08/21/2008 - 15:19

You are right, there are some people that don't want help.... they just want a miracle and hope their whole financial mess just goes away. Those same desperate people are looking for an answer and in their desperation turn to this site for guidance, any quidance and that is where the real problems can start because they make hasty decisions based on a post or two that promises them hope and salvation. Are you going to guarantee that they don't leave this site and not find more problems than they came here with?

[samebox:34d574a6df="Vikas"]Your slanderous comments about us has already been answered in the post above.[/samebox:34d574a6df]

Submitted by on Thu, 08/21/2008 - 18:32

I think that if someone is not going to take any responsibility for their own situation, then neither this site, any other site, nor any person or company is really going to be able to help them. People on this site offer the best advice they can give, based on their own experiences and knowledge. The individual who is looking for help certainly has the responsibility to evaluate the advice they receive, do whatever research is necessary, and then decide on the best course of action for their particular situation. As I've said before, I would definitely not follow advice from someone on the internet without doing any additional research or checking of the information.

Submitted by alias1958 on Thu, 08/21/2008 - 18:46

alias1958

( Posts: 1230 | Credits: )

Offering the best advice you can give certainly doesn't boost my confidence in any of these posts. We would then might want to start a rating system for each member. Lets see, this person has an IQ of 45 so based on his answer, they did pretty good. This person has a IQ of 115 and based on their answer today, it wasn't that great. I am not looking for someones best answer, I am looking for the correct answer so if you don't know (based on your years of experience in the debt settlement field or your as an attorney that deals with this on a daily basis), just tell me you don't know for sure but based on my experience, this is what I think, but I am not an attorney so maybe you should research it some more.
I'm not an attorney and I don't have years of experience so I can only claim to offer the following advice in debt settlement:
I advocate the do it yourself approach, retaining a local attorney to help you out in a pinch and settling your own accounts that each of us our accountable for. Why pay huge fees to someone else when we can do it ourselves and use that money to pay off settlements.
If you are at this site, you probably screwed up and you should be willing to pay your dues and dig ourselves out of the hole you put yourself in. You only have one shot at this. Put yourself in control by making the best possible choice.... do it yourself.

Submitted by on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 08:52

Vikas,

The support you????????ve received from your community is of course noteworthy. As I write this I see more than a dozen posts supporting you. In a community boasting more than 121,000, that is a significant.

Before addressing the substance of your post, and FWIW, I????????ll add my own commendation for your ability to induce loyalty in people who don????????t even know you, as well as my gratitude to you for respecting my privacy. Furthermore, I very much appreciate your professional and cordial tone in the face of what must seem a trying set of circumstances.

However none of this, least of all my own feeling, has any relevance to the propriety or legality of this website. Nor, despite the many posts elsewhere that fail to show anything like your magnanimity, do the opinions of this community have any real bearing on the issues. Let there be no misunderstanding: these are matters of the most profound importance, not because this website matters in and of itself, but because it is part of a much larger community of values and laws.

To address now your enumerated points:
1. Denying your ownership interest in OVLG begs many questions. The most important one: is OVLG a law office or a masquerade consisting of a dilapidated house in Palo Alto [samebox:2780a4b370="OVLG"]Please see the street view at https://www.oakviewlaw.com/contact-us/index.html[/samebox:2780a4b370] with no lawyers? .
[samebox:2780a4b370="OVLG"] For our attorneys and licenses please see https://www.oakviewlaw.com/attorneys/index.html [/samebox:2780a4b370]. You continue to recommend OVLG above thousands of fine law firms all across this state. [samebox:2780a4b370="Vikas"]I haven't recommended any law firm above any other. Please don't allege anything without being able to back it up[/samebox:2780a4b370] Isn????????t it time you tell your members the truth about OVLG?

2. I am sorry Vikas, but the claim that none of my postings were deleted is simply and utterly false. Here????????s just one of several: debtconsolidationcare.com/paydayloan/cashback-pdl-nevada-1.html#388488
???????Subject: Are you people trained and licensed in
the law?
???????If you are not, why on earth are you giving legal
advice? [samebox:2780a4b370="Vikas"]1. Moderators have the right to edit or delete any post if it violates our site's TOS.
2. We don't claim that the postings done in our forums are legal. They are the sole opinion of that poster. In our site's Terms of Services it is clearly mentioned that Quote:

Do not take any advice you receive in this forum as legal advice. Please consult with an attorney licensed to practice law to take legal advice.
Please go through our site's TOS (http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/tos.html) before commenting.[/samebox:2780a4b370]
???????What a crying shame.???????
This post didn????????t deserve deletion, but it is one thing to argue with that, and it????????s quite another to misrepresent that it never happened. I????????m very sorry and concerned to see you do the latter.

3. I????????ll grant that some of the moderators, members and guests here are what they purport to be. I am unconvinced that all of them are. As just one class of examples, spanning years now there are simply too many job ads, blogs, Cvs, notes and so on among former and current employees of your company????????and I refer to your Indian company, the real entity behind debtcc????????to pretend that none of them ever moderated or posted in your forums. You know, as others here do not, of my skills and persistence with Internet investigations. The truth is there for all who care to see it. It????????s tragic that so many here do not.

[samebox:2780a4b370="Vikas"]All employees of InterNext Technologies Inc. when they post in the forums they are identified as employees of InterNext Technologies Inc.[/samebox:2780a4b370]

4. The ???????clear distinction??????? you claim between ???????content??????? and ???????forums??????? doesn????????t exist even if it were relevant. Consider for instance the endorsements provided for OVLG here: debtconsolidationcare.com/california/cah.html
[samebox:2780a4b370="Vikas"]We don't endorse any law firm. The link you are referring is that of our ranking chart where we give the reviews of the various consolidation companies situated in US. Please go through the ranking chart (http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/ranking-chart/index.html) for more information on the same.[/samebox:2780a4b370]

Let????????s set aside the consistently non-idiomatic English and other anomalies, such as the lack of profile links that accompany the posts of every member on this site. Consider only the timing: Your colleague Polly introduces OVLG to this community on July 17, 2007. Yet the recommendations in the link actually began eight days before, on July 9, 2007 (with only the seventh and final recommendation postdating Polly????????s announcement).

How did these ???????members??????? manage to gain extensive enough experience about OVLG, a brand new firm, to endorse it before this community even had reason to know of OVLG????????s existence? And why, only after Polly????????s introduction, did the endorsements suddenly stop? Is this scenario more consistent with bona fide member experiences over more than a year, or is it, rather, an obvious July, 2007 marketing effort?

5. Your real name is disclosed in many places both here and elsewhere. For example: debtconsolidationcare.com/heathmill/
Had it been otherwise, I would never have used your name, just as you have refrained from using mine.

6. The decision to publicly discuss our meeting I leave entirely to your judgment. The attorney-client privilege, if one ever existed, is yours to preserve or waive as you think best.

7. Regarding the BBB, observe that to complain about being ???????had,??????? a consumer must first know she????????s been had. The absence of complaints might suggest a legit community website. It might also mean that people here, many of whom demonstrably don????????t know their rights, were deceived but don????????t realize it. The latter, of course, is the essence of a successful confidence game. Finally, contrary to what many members believe, the BBB is just one source of information, and it is far from an impartial one: all revenue comes from member businesses like this website.

Vikas, many of your own members have urged me to go to the authorities. Are you so sure of yourself that you know how a prosecutor, the press and a wider, more critical public would react? This website is no ethical or legal cave whose part-time dwellers may recast the rules merely because a dozen or even 10,000 times that many wish it. In California alone there are more than 36,000,000 people: like all of us who live or do business in this state, you must answer to that community and to its values, rules and traditions.

I urge you to reconsider your conduct.

Submitted by on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 12:35

Guest, certainly, feel free to post whatever advice, you, in your experience, feel is best. And since it's a free country, and this is an open forum, and those who are here asking questions, WANT to receive responses, I'm sure that others here will also continue to post their advice. I think the people who come here asking questions realize they are not talking to attorneys, so I'm not sure why you feel that disclaimer needs to be in every post. But since you feel that way, certainly feel free to put it in your posts . . .

Submitted by alias1958 on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 12:56

alias1958

JinSanJose,

1. OVLG has formally requested your identity from me and if I do not provide it they have threatened to sue. I request you to please talk to the OVLG attorney Mr. Brian Morris on 800 530 6854 ext 8002 or send him an email at [email]brian.esq@oakviewlaw.com[/email] and come to some kind of settlement. Since either of the options of A. Revealing a debtcc members personal name to a corporation or 2. Getting sued trying to protect your name are not good options for me. I have been told by OVLG that they are going to make all efforts to get to know your real identity to address the harm to their reputation that you have brought with your slander and libel. They have told me of their alternative plan to contact other members of this site for your identity. If your identity gets leaked please do not assume automatically that it was leaked by me since there are others in this forum who also know your name, occupation and address.

2. You continue to use my real name in your forum posts you very well know the threats a person gets once his identity is revealed on the internet. Your excuse for continuing to use my name is that it was used by Heathmill back in 2006. I find it audacious that you continue to do something that you know is wrong and the excuse is that the same wrong was done before. I have received two threatening phone calls in the last 7 days on my personal cell phone number and the resulting stress has been a challenge for me to deal with.

3. You have posted with multiple identities in the forum and I think its high time you should become a registered member of the forum and stop posting with multiple identities.

4. You have used the word "Video girl with a pretty face" for "Polly" one of the moderators in the forums. The connotation for those words is very negative I would request you to refrain from such personal attacks.

More about my relationship with OVLG:
I got a call from Mr. kalani years ago where he introduced himself as one of the former classmates of my dad in law school 35 years ago and requested some help. I have helped him in my personal capacity over the years but I have never received any payment for that help. I would be happy to share my tax return with one of the volunteer moderators to confirm that I have not received any money from Mr. Kalani for the help that I have given him. The help was just given for the fact that he and my father went to the same law school 35 years ago.

JinSanJose your complaint that one of your post was deleted:
1. The example that you give in my opinion deserved deletion since its more of an invective then a conversation.
2. When I said in my first post on this topic that none of your posts will ever get deleted. I did not know about this particular post. Moderators have the right to delete or edit posts which do not follow the TOS and they will continue to do so. Rest assured you are not being targeted or singled out for deletion.

JinSanJose you have a pertinent question as to why I choose to accept advertising from OVLG over other law firms and here are my reasons:
1. I like their fee structure listed at:
https://www.oakviewlaw.com/debt/fees.html
I have spoken with 6 other law firms providing similar services like OVLG and all of them have:
a. Fees higher then OVLG,
b. Fees are collected upfront irrespective of the results delivered. In case of OVLG their fees are not collected upfront and a majority of it is based on their performance.
2. I like that they provide all the options of becoming debt free instead of only one option.
3. Even if some one signs up under option a they can move to other options using their waterfall approach mentioned at:
https://www.oakviewlaw.com/waterfall-approach-debt-free.html
4. I did not find any other law firm which had 0 BBB complaints.
5. I did not find any other law firm which had success stories and testimonials listed right on the website.
6. I find the secure client area of OVLG to be a good tool for any one to know whats happening with their case. https://www.oakviewlaw.com/demo/
These were the objective reasons and then there are some subjective value judgment on my part which others may not agree with:
1. In my conversations with them I have found that they have a non confrontational culture in their organization with the focus being on looking at the larger picture and solving the problem instead of taking ego based positions.
2. I find them to be approachable.
JinSanJose if you can find me a law firm which seems to be better then OVLG on the above 6 objective criteria let me know and I will accept advertising the other law firm instead.

I called OVLG and asked them about their address being an house in need of repair like you had alleged:
1. They responded that the Palo Alto address was that of their resident agent.
2. They had not updated the office address on their website for years and now they have updated it.

If others in the community do not have an objection I propose that we do three things:
1. Postings done by "JinSanJose" with other identities should all be consolidated under the identity "JinSanJose".
2. Everywhere where "JinSanJose" has posted before his post there should be a link given to this thread.
3. Where ever he has mentioned my name we change it to "Vikas"

Once again JinsanJose in my meeting with you I was very impressed by your legal knowledge and a sharp mind. I am hoping that we can bury the petty differences between us and instead focus on helping the members of this community. With your experience you have the capability of becoming a powerful force against some of the unethical collection agencies. The negativity between me and you is 10 times less compared to what Polly and I went through before she decided to become a valuable member of this community. If you are wondering if we can really bury the past and move forward I can assure you from my side that this is the outcome I am praying to god that we achieve. I look forward to welcoming you as a valuable registered member of the community. Maybe some day the community will vote you to the role of the moderator and then you will actually get a hand in deciding the policies in the community.

Thanks for taking time out to read this long post.

edit after subsequent posts: changed the word "recommend" to "accept advertising"

Submitted by Vikas on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 18:04

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

Quote:

I noticed that you added to your post all the material after "personal attacks." Let me know when you're done editing--a privilege no one else here gets--and then I'll respond.

Actually, all registered members can edit their own posts for a limited time. (Can't recall how long right now.) I If you joined you would know that. Also, you can join without being contacted by and companies and if you choose not to use your real name in the registration, nobody will know or care.

Submitted by polly on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 21:49

polly

( Posts: 1709 | Credits: )

Vikas,

You will not see reason. Indeed, you seem committed to digging your own grave with the largest shovel available. Hence I'll be brief.

Your name, various addresses and much more already appear all over the Internet in connection with this website and others. That's your own doing. Perhaps you have heard of Google.

You now attribute to JinSanJose posts that someone else wrote. Although this sort of uber-control and deception is consistent with your MO, it is of course wrong for several reasons. First, it belies your ???????community;??????? instead, dictator-like, you revise and edit to suit yourself. Second, you have already implied that you may disclose my name and address. You do not have my permission to do so. If, because of your spurious editing, wrongful disclosure or other misconduct, material I did not author is falsely attributed to me, you have committed actionable libel. As you well know, I am capable of using legal means to enforce my rights. You risk much.

Finally, as I have indicated, I answer not to this online forum but to the real community in which we live and work. I would have preferred not to escalate. However, your latest mischief leaves no choice but to show the evidence of your crimes where the larger community--the only one that matters--may see and judge it without your interference.

Rest assured though: I'll still be here.

Submitted by on Sat, 08/23/2008 - 11:01

Jin, I think that if you had any decency, you would refrain from using denny's real name since he has clearly indicated that he doesn't like it. Members of this forum are allowed their anonymity, and clearly, you want to maintain yours.

Which makes me wonder again about all of the "evidence" that you supposedly have. If you are so anxious to expose all, why is it that you refuse to have your name known to OVLG? Why is it that you don't jump at the opportunity to contact them?

Just wondering . . .

Submitted by alias1958 on Sat, 08/23/2008 - 14:04

alias1958

Dear Site Adminsitrators:
I came to this site almost a year ago and immediately found recommendations for debt settlement companies. In the process of checking some of the ones I had found out about elseware, I found many posts recommending a specific company so I checked up on it and decided to go with them......... big mistake. I am just one person but I of course know of dozens
of others that did the same thing, just with that company. How many more people have had the same experience with that company or others. Maybe 7 out of 10 people are perfectly satisfied but what about the other 3. I know the site survives on referal fees and that the moderators and hard corp poster wanabee moderators give their best advice but at some point in time, advising on a company may just not be in the sites (or internets) best interest. The naive and vulnerable, desperate people that come here are looking for answers and this site gives them advise which they interpret as answers. I'm sure there is no liability on your part but just maybe a conflict of interest on the part of one moderator or die hard poster that may be getting kickbacks from one or more companies could put a little gas in the fire and bring this all to a boil. I don't know any of you and you don't know me, but based on the pain I have seen from dozens of people that were misled through no fault of you but possibly this site as a whole, I would not like to see anyone else ever fall into the same trap. It would be appreciated at this time, that you at least consider the possibility that some policy changes may need to be in order so that could stop or prevent any possible inproprieties from ruining anyone elses life.

Submitted by on Sun, 08/24/2008 - 19:33

I must agree in part with Jin regarding deleted posts. I have had numerous posts deleted by mods simply because they did not like the content. As I expect this one to be. It is not an open forum as stated unless you are a mod and only then are your posts allowed to be shown.

Submitted by on Mon, 08/25/2008 - 04:41

I take exception to the following statement, guest:

Quote:

It is not an open forum as stated unless you are a mod and only then are your posts allowed to be shown.

If only mod posts are allowed to be shown, then I wonder why there are so many guest and member posts that are not made by mods? Making blanket statements like that only defeats your argument.

Mods delete posts due to TOS violations - which can include spam, personal attacks against other members, advertising content or other TOS violations.

Submitted by SUEBEEHONEY70 on Mon, 08/25/2008 - 05:50

SUEBEEHONEY70

( Posts: 4583 | Credits: )

Quote:

I don't mean to stir trouble here by I netcrafted the website out of curiosity and OVLG is hosted by Internext. Vikas, what's going on here?

InterNext has a colocation cabinet with Hurricane Electric in Fremont, California. Though we pay for the whole cabinet our 7 servers only occupy 35% of it. Hence to recoup some of the costs of the whole cabinet I have offered part of the cabinet to other companies on rent and one of the companies that uses our cabinet to colocate their servers is OVLG.

Still approximately 1/4th of the cabinet is empty and I am looking for companies which will rent some of the remaining space and help me recoup some of the remaining costs.

Quote:
The Oak View Law Group and Debt CC must have the same webpage designer

The ovlg site design was done by me as a consulting job. To save time I took the shortcut of using the same chat live button with minor changes. I will be changing the chat live button for debtcc one of these days.

Submitted by Vikas on Thu, 08/28/2008 - 23:32

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

I thought you said you had no affiliation with OVLG. I ask the same question"Vikas what is going on here"
I hope we are allnot being played.

[samebox:20f55549ef="Vikas"]Yes, I did work for OVLG for a small period of time. As far as Debtcc's affiliation with OVLG goes then it is restricted to the fact that OVLG advertises on debtcc. Please go through our site's Terms of Services (http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/tos.html) for clarity[/samebox:20f55549ef]

Submitted by on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 04:45

I do find that very strange . . . . . I thought it was no secret Oak View Law and Vikas were connected. Now to hear Vikas say they aren't connected at all is very disturbing.

[samebox:243a001ae1="Vikas"]Oak View Law and I are not connected at all. OVLG advertises on our site Debtcc as far as affiliation is concerned. Please go through the first two points in our site's TOS (http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/tos.html) for clarity.[/samebox:243a001ae1]

Quote:

one of the companies that uses our cabinet to colocate their servers is OVLG.

What other companies rent space?

Also, it shows Hurricane Electric as the host back in April 2007 . . . .

Quote:
OS Server Last changed IP address Netblock Owner
Linux Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) 19-Aug-2008 65.19.143.244 Internext Technologies Inc
Linux Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) 7-May-2008 65.19.143.244 Internext Technologies Inc
Linux Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) 20-Jan-2008 216.218.195.68 Energy Group Networks LLC
Linux Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) 13-Oct-2007 216.218.195.68 Energy Group Networks LLC
Linux Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) 10-Aug-2007 216.218.195.68 Energy Group, Inc.
Linux Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) 17-May-2007 65.19.143.244 Internext Technologies Inc
Linux Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) 30-Apr-2007 65.19.143.244 Hurricane Electric
Linux Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) 28-Apr-2007 65.19.143.244 Hurricane Electric
unknown Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) 27-Apr-2007 65.19.143.244 Hurricane Electric
Linux Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) 25-Apr-2007 65.19.143.244 Hurricane Electric

Submitted by goudah2424 on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 07:12

goudah2424

( Posts: 7935 | Credits: )

I'd like to play the Devil's advocate here for a second and ask everyone a question.

Why does anyone care who the owner of this website is affiliated with? After all, it IS his website, and who are we to question whom he chooses to associate with? I come here to help people, how the site owner chooses to run it isn't for me to decide or judge. I am not understanding why everyone is being so negative. Do you people own stock in this site, are you paying money out of your pocket to maintain it? Enlighten me. :shock:

Submitted by Shazzers on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 07:39

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

It's a question of integrity and honesty.

Would you post at a site that was ripping people off? I'm not saying this site is, but questions have been raised. Would you want to be a contributer to a larger scam that was actually hurting people that you thought you were there to help?

I wouldn't. I want to make sure everything is good.

IF the things jininsanjose says are true, then that means by everyone posting here, it is contributing to the "scam". That is why I want to know what the truth is, and not just what someone says it is. I like to have things I can actually verify.

Submitted by goudah2424 on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 07:47

goudah2424

It's unethical to not disclose that you are connected with the place that you are referring people to. It's also against the law for a lawyer to do so.

[samebox:8dbe1ea814="Vikas"]We don't refer people to any law firm. Law firms have the option to advertise on our site. Please go through our site's TOS (http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/tos.html) for clarity.[/samebox:8dbe1ea814]

Lawyer referral services are highly regulated. For instance, in California the law states:

Quote:

6152. (a) It is unlawful for:
(1) Any person, in an individual capacity or in a capacity as a public or private employee, or for any firm, corporation, partnership or association to act as a runner or capper for any attorneys or to solicit any business for any attorneys in and about the state prisons, county jails, city jails, city prisons, or other places of detention of persons, city receiving hospitals, city and county receiving hospitals, county hospitals, superior courts, or in any public institution or in any public place or upon any public street or highway or in and about private hospitals, sanitariums or in and about any private institution

This is a public place.

Submitted by goudah2424 on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 08:30

goudah2424

Quote:

6151. As used in this article:
(a) A runner or capper is any person, firm, association or
corporation acting for consideration in any manner or in any capacity as an agent for an attorney at law or law firm, whether the attorney or any member of the law firm is admitted in California or any other jurisdiction, in the solicitation or procurement of business for the attorney at law or law firm as provided in this article.

Submitted by goudah2424 on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 08:31

goudah2424

Quote:

6155. (a) An individual, partnership, corporation, association, or any other entity shall not operate for the direct or indirect purpose, in whole or in part, of referring potential clients to attorneys, and no attorney shall accept a referral of such potential clients, unless all of the following requirements are met:
(1) The service is registered with the State Bar of California
and (a) on July 1, 1988, is operated in conformity with minimum standards for a lawyer referral service established by the State Bar, or
(b) upon approval by the Supreme Court of minimum standards for a lawyer referral service, is operated in conformity with those standards.
(2) The combined charges to the potential client by the referral service and the attorney to whom the potential client is referred do not exceed the total cost that the client would normally pay if no referral service were involved.
(b) A referral service shall not be owned or operated, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by those lawyers to whom, individually or collectively, more than 20 percent of referrals are made. For purposes of this subdivision, a referral service that is owned or operated by a bar association, as defined in the minimum standards, shall be deemed to be owned or operated by its governing committee so long as the governing committee is constituted and functions in the manner prescribed by the minimum standards.

Submitted by goudah2424 on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 08:36

goudah2424