Skip to main content
index page

why did wfnnb deny my a card?

Submitted by on Fri, 12/29/2006 - 20:21
Credits:
[Donate]

I have a samual's card, issued by wfnnb. it is a good card and i a can spend $2000.00. I applied for a roamans card, also issued by wfnnb. I was turned down by roamans because of a bancrupcy two years ago. BUT I got the samual's card no questions asked. I don't understand. please explain.

HTLINEPRAY---I had similiar experiences after I filed bankruptcy and it was discharged. I was approved for one credit card, but turned down for others. I think that it just has to do with each particluar company and what their guidelines for issuing credit are. Some credit card companies have special programs designed to help customers reestablish credit. That might be how you got your first card.

Submitted by Lorri on Fri, 12/29/2006 - 22:32

Lorri

( Posts: 1721 | Credits: )

From what was posted, I gathered that the bankruptcy was over two years ago. Guest, what you are saying might have been true some years ago regarding creditors looking at a bankruptcy unfavorably. I know that it still carries a lot of weight on your credit report. It used to mean that you couldn't get credit for years. But, things have changed a lot as to what creditors actually think when you see it on your CR, otherwise people like me wouldn't be able to get credit cards again.

Submitted by Lorri on Sat, 12/30/2006 - 11:00

Lorri

( Posts: 1721 | Credits: )

Lorri, I read that as bankruptcy was filed two years ago. I don't see anything about a discharge. My whole point was that credit cards probably had a lot to do with the problem in the first place, why on earth would you want to get involved in a situation like that again? Seems to me you completely closed your mind to what I was trying to say because of your situation. Thats all.

Submitted by on Sat, 12/30/2006 - 12:11

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )