Share post
member profile picture
Credits: 0
[Donate]

How did this site get started. I thought I was the only person to be so stupid. This is so out of control but the information on this site is really refreshing.

I don't know the details---you might want to ask one of the administrators (Vikas, Polly, Mike, etc.). But, don't think you are stupid (cause if YOU are then you are in good company)---but, rather uneducated in the ways that consumers can be duped/tricked/etc. into borrowing money, getting credit, etc. That said---Welcome to the forum!

Sub: #1 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 12:27

Lorri Lorri
Moderators
(Posts: 1721 | Credits: )

You're going to find that you have plenty of company in this boat and on this journey. We've all been and are there, trust me!

Sub: #2 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 18:27

kscornell kscornell
Moderators
(Posts: 4409 | Credits: )

Lorri and ks are right. I would say the word you are looking for is "uneducated". All of us came to this board the same way and have learned as we go along. Welcome from me as well!

Sub: #3 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 18:53

llw1995 llw1995

(Posts: 1422 | Credits: )

I did not mean to offend anyone by the use of the word stupid, but I do refer to myself as such. I have put my family in a bad spot and really feel like this is not going to end. I let everyone down, I have had some crazy thoughts going through my head but it seems there is no way out.

Sub: #4 posted on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 20:03

kcooks3973 kcooks3973

(Posts: 91 | Credits: )

kcooks - You are not the only one thinking crazy thoughts and feeling that way. One year ago, I too was "thinking" and felt that there was no end in sight. I will tell you that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there and keep visiting and asking questions.

I found that when I was feeling depressed over this situation, asking myself this question helped - "What is the worst thing that could happen." And then I would think of the positive things in my life. My family and our health, etc....

Welcome and hang in there.

Sub: #5 posted on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 04:34

spatterson_40 spatterson_40

(Posts: 400 | Credits: )

Mike is no longer associated with this site

Sub: #6 posted on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 04:51

Unregistered

Quote:

Why would you say that? Get your facts straight before making assumptions. :wink:

Sub: #7 posted on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 07:39

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17345 | Credits: )

No offense taken. All of us have done "dumb" and "stupid" things in our lives. No rhyme, no reason, stuff happens.

Sub: #8 posted on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 07:45

llw1995 llw1995

(Posts: 1422 | Credits: )

Definitely no offense is taken---read through enough posts on this site and you will find that a great many of us have referred to our actions/behaviors/patterns of the past as STUPID or DUMB.

Those two words are so overused in today's society that they almost have lost their original "uumph". So don't give it a second thought. This is a very, very accepting forum, as most of us have been in the same predictament at one time or another.

Sub: #9 posted on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 21:54

Lorri Lorri
Moderators
(Posts: 1721 | Credits: )

Quote:

Quote:
Why would you say that? Get your facts straight before making assumptions.

Maybe their facts are straight . . . .

Sub: #10 posted on Mon, 09/08/2008 - 08:54

goudah2424 goudah2424

(Posts: 7936 | Credits: )

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.816 seconds.