Skip to main content
index page

Paul Kuperstein and Associates

Submitted by botheyesopen on Fri, 02/16/2007 - 13:50
Credits:
[Donate]

I would like to know if anyone has had experiences with this "so called" law firm, rather clearly a collection agency who's employees seem to be only good at intimidating people (so they think) to send them money without proof of anything. Furthermore, their threats of absurd amounts of money that they demand be sent to them or they will take you to court.
People should be aware of their tactics and I am curious as to whether there are others out there that have had the same unpleasant experience I have had. Fortunately for me, I don't scare easily with illegal threats from people who seem to be con artists looking for easy prey to score a quick buck off of.

Hang on. Kupferstein/Liability Solutions/"The Law Office" doesn't do any of that. You must be wrong. They have come here in the past and told us how they always go by the book and follow every law. You must be a crook, botheyesopen!!

Oh.....I'm sorry. I was wearing my sarcasm hat again. I guess some firms never stop.

Submitted by jedijeff13 on Mon, 02/19/2007 - 05:08

jedijeff13

( Posts: 1734 | Credits: )

Interesting how a pending legal matter has been filed against me in court according to PK & Associates yet I have never been served with any sort of documentation stating such has been done. Furthermore, why is it that when this firm calls, they just give their name and state they are calling from the court filing department.

Pretty shady........

Submitted by botheyesopen on Mon, 02/19/2007 - 10:25

botheyesopen

( Posts: 6 | Credits: )

To clarify for you Jedijeff, when they leave me a message, they are telling me that they are calling from the court filing department about a pending legal matter filed against me in court.

I have never received such documentation and I realize it must be some some of threat for me to bow down to their demands.

What I don't understand is how they can state something like that when it is clearly untrue and they are totally lying.

Submitted by botheyesopen on Mon, 02/19/2007 - 12:33

botheyesopen

Furthermore, when a matter has been brought to the courts attention, you are sent out offical documentation with the courts stamps (seal of approval), official signatures and furthermore, a court date is given that you are to appear - years and years ago, use to work in a BC court house.

I don't believe that the laws have changed that a person must be served with official papers that a case has been opened. That is what I mean by "pretty shady".

Submitted by botheyesopen on Mon, 02/19/2007 - 12:36

botheyesopen

It is so sad. How degrading, demoralizing and unethical you must be to want to do this for living - scam people out of money.

I can honestly say, won't work with me. I don't intimidate easily at all and will not bow down to their pathetic behind the phone threats.

Hopefully other people that have been contact by them won't either.

What I don't understand is how an illegally operating company such as this one can get away with how they conduct their business. Is there not something that can be done. I don't understand how they can get away with it. I suppose if everyone didn't bow down to their threats, then they wouldn't have money coming in to pay their employees and would at some point, hopefully vanish.

Submitted by botheyesopen on Mon, 02/19/2007 - 13:45

botheyesopen

The person on the phone stated that he was calling about a lawsuit and that he wouldn't speak to me only to my husband. What is this all about?

Submitted by on Tue, 02/27/2007 - 05:10

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Depends, krisner. Have you husband contact them. But do not be intimidated. There is a very good chance the person on the other line will threaten court and jail unless you pay by Friday. That is standard for this company. Simply ask for a debt verification of the money they are attempting to collect. And after you ask for that, prepare for rudeness and more threats. They never send debt validations out. Ever. Probably because they are not licensed to collect debts in any of the 50 states.

For the record, it's over a year since I was told I would be sued at the end of the week. I think "The Law Office" must use turtles to deliver their summons. :D

Submitted by jedijeff13 on Tue, 02/27/2007 - 05:30

jedijeff13

I just spoke with the man on the phone and he stated that he was going to send out all of the information. I can't believe that this is going on. My husband is furious to say the least!

Submitted by on Tue, 02/27/2007 - 06:08

Please keep us informed if they actually send you anything. Employees of Kupferstein's office have been here in the past and made claims that none of what you experienced happens, when many people feel otherwise.

I have yet to hear from a single person that has ever received a debt validation letter from his office.

Out of curiosity, do you live in the US? What state?

Submitted by jedijeff13 on Tue, 02/27/2007 - 06:38

jedijeff13

Yes,my calls are coming in this week too - the guy is still busy and did not like or agree to sending me any information for "the debt" which i disputed in 2003. Scary though i'll say. This forum has helped me realize the scam. I'm in co--this needs to be stopped

Submitted by on Tue, 02/27/2007 - 14:20

I was left a message that stated a pending law suit was being filed against me in court. Upon speaking with them, I stated that "if a suit has been filed, I would have received documentation stating such". Then I was was told is hasn't gone through yet. NO KIDDING! They will say anything to get you to call them back and if you know your rights, that infuriates them. When I asked for debt validation, they told me I should know what I owe. I told them (Mr. David), if a company has hired them to collect from me, then they have all the particulars and shouldn't have a problem sending them to me to verify the amount. They didn't like that and that WAS OVER a year ago after Mr. David threatened me that I was going to go to jail if I didn't pay up approx. $3,000.00. Such bull !@$%.

People have to remember that everyone has rights and they don't follow the rules so when someone actually challenges them, they hang up never to be heard from again. The prey on weak victims with their scare tactics.

If it comes down to them actually taking someone to court, bring it on, then this way the judge will see exactly what they are trying to scam people out of. These cases never go to court because the firm knows they can't win (get the kind of money they threaten for) so they try to imtimidate people.

It is so pathetic that they are still up to no good nonetheless, they haven't changed a bit how they operate. All my conversations are taped - upon re-playing them to another person, they got the impression that they are experts in verbally harrassing people, furthermore, they think not only verbal but physical threats as well - not a smart move on their part.

In any event, they don't stand a chance against people who know their rights and this forum (amazing tool) has certainly helped people in becoming aware of this boggus "law firms" tactics.

Submitted by on Fri, 03/09/2007 - 10:25

Quote:

These cases never go to court because the firm knows they can't win

And why can't they win? First off - they have to show proof of the debt. In showing that proof, they will reveal that they bought the debt and were not hired. Second, they would have to show proof that they sent documentation of this debt to the debtor. Third, they would have to be licensed in the state they are collecting the debt. Through our research, this firm is licensed in ZERO states.

They are cowards and crooks. They prey on the weak and scared with threats and intimidation to extort money away from people - money that is owed for nothing.

Over a year now for myself as well. I was supposed to be arrested at the end of the week. I guess "end of the week" is longer than a couple days in Canada.

Submitted by jedijeff13 on Fri, 03/09/2007 - 10:31

jedijeff13

Totally agree Jedi!

They prey on the people who know no better unlike ourselves. I told them to send debt verification to me and then they stated "you want to be served?" real sarcastically but I wuickly replied to them "be my Guest, I look forward to receiving all information requested". That was a year ago and nothing - go figure!

Submitted by on Fri, 03/09/2007 - 13:58

Jedi, can you help me understand your comment "will reveal that they bought the debt and were not hired".

Would this be why they won't provide debt validation? If they do decide to provide it then that would be the end of it for them in that particular situation because it would bring everything out into the open. To try and understand this, I assume they would then have no legal grounding to collect on this debt and would most certainly want to avoid going to court which I would further assume that is why they never send validation out because they know they can't win and are completly relying on the intimidation and threat act hoping that 9 times out of 10 someone would fall for it - correct?

Submitted by on Mon, 03/12/2007 - 11:39

I think the reason they won't provide debt validation is that such a letter would contain both their name as well as your name, plus it would show they are trying to collecting a debt in a state they are not licensed. Can you say "felony"? At least, it is in my state without being licensed.

Showing they bought the debt would just help back up the fact that they violated fdcpa and were not hired, as they like to claim over the phone.

But yeah - you are pretty much dead on, one_up. Failure to send debt verification is a violation of Canadian and US laws - court case lost. Not being license to collect a debt - court case lost. Threats and intimidation - court case lost.

They hide behind "The Law Office" as their working name. The fact is that there is only one person in the company that is a registered lawyer - Kupferstein, himself. Cowan, Davis, Sargent and the other people in the company are not lawyers. They also like to claim that since they are lawyers, they are not bound by the Fair Debt laws. This is also incorrect and a total lie. Since they are trying to collect a debt, but definition, they are "debt collectors". Until they file papers in court, they are nothing more and nothing less.

Technically, they are crooks, but that is just my opinion.

Submitted by jedijeff13 on Mon, 03/12/2007 - 12:37

jedijeff13

That is exactly what I thought originally, thanks Jedi.

Happy to say that they don't get to me and I know my rights especially when I know I am being scammed which is this case. In addition, I have thoroughly researched this firm and read the entire other Paul Kuperstein forum which contained very good information on them as well - thanks to a lot of information provided by you Jedi.

Rather entertaining how they get all flustered when they come across a telephone call with someone who shuts every comment they make down with a LEGAL commment not illegal.

Still waiting to get my "documents being sent", "see me in court", "go to jail", etc., etc., etc., Blah, Blah, Blah. Bring it on, still waiting . . . . . .

Seriously, get a real job PK and Associates and earn your money honestly as you will never see a cent of mine.

Submitted by on Mon, 03/12/2007 - 13:07

You have two options. This is their "new" address:
LIABILITY SOLUTIONS INC.
Accounts Receivables Management Company
620 Alden Rd., Suite 208, Markham, ON L3R 9R7
Tel: (905) 474-2217
Fax: (905) 474-3636

or this, which was their address for a few years, until we got up in their grills:
4981 Highway 7 Suite 267
Markham, ON , L3R 1N1
Phone: 905-474-3535
FAX: 905-474-3636

Submitted by jedijeff13 on Tue, 03/13/2007 - 07:36

jedijeff13

Is this law office for real can anyone answer me ? Ive looked up the # on 411 and its states its in unionville ontario ive called the operator and 411 information they cant even tell me where the # is from and who it beelongs to.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/16/2007 - 23:02

Snow - read this forum carefully:

www.debtconsolidationcare.com/forums/paul-kupferstein.html

and then determine if you think this "law office" is legitimate. If you still aren't sure, I'll give you the answer, but you'll have to highlight between the asterisks.

***No. They are not a real law office. They are debt collectors that routinely violate US and Canadian fair debt acts.***

Submitted by jedijeff13 on Wed, 10/17/2007 - 06:39

jedijeff13

so the link u gave is to what I read ?

Submitted by on Wed, 10/17/2007 - 07:39

thanks for that I do beleive they r not legit but the person calling me and at my place of employmeny is mr hazel I do oew money to a payday place but this guy threating to freeze everythin and charge with fraud

Submitted by on Wed, 10/17/2007 - 09:12

i checked this clown out first on the computer
thank god
no documents from him at all
refuse to let me come to his law office and pay the bill i owed 500 plus his fees
I even went to the police they gave me great advise
this david repesents that he's calling from a law office
crap . I tried to speak to one of the lawwyers no one ever there .
do not let this david bullie you in to anything
it s a scam to use a law office and treaten to nail you in court
the next day foro 0ver 3000. in legal fees
I phone the lawsociety of upper canada they will look after the matter. they have been sued before .

deal with the original loan company . if you are willing to pay
don't let them either not accept your money for payment
its' time we took cahrge of ,being harraed or bullied
into this crap .
you don't need alwyer only a brain.

Submitted by on Fri, 03/06/2009 - 08:55

I was contacted by this office on Friday...they said if I didn't come up with the money by noon today they would charge me with fraud, call in my mother, boss, and friends for character witnesses,freeze my bank accounts, seize my assets...etc etc. Thank god I had all weekend to think about this. How could they charge me with fraud if I haven't been fraudulent. I thought only the police can charge you with a crime. All this sounded a little out there. So I called thier office looking for a lawyer pretending to need a family lawyer and they said they didn't have a lawyer they were a collection firm. I got their full name and looked it up on here. You guys have saved my life on here. I am soooo glad I looked this up. Now, I do have to phone them and hate confrontation....any advise?

Submitted by on Mon, 03/16/2009 - 10:06

Just to let everyone know, I have posted on this forum as well as other forums, in repsect to the conduct of Mr. Kupferstein's office and staff, and Ihave been retained by two parties so far to commence civil action against Mr. Kupferstein's practice.
I am licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada, and all of the right not be harassed and threatened by people suchas Mr. Kupferstein's minions.
Ii will answer any and all questions, and please send any questions to
Thank you.
Allison Gowling LSUC #P00081

Email address removed per the TOS, by Shazzers

Submitted by on Sat, 10/03/2009 - 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by botheyesopen
I would like to know if anyone has had experiences with this "so called" law firm, rather clearly a collection agency who's employees seem to be only good at intimidating people (so they think) to send them money without proof of anything. Furthermore, their threats of absurd amounts of money that they demand be sent to them or they will take you to court.
People should be aware of their tactics and I am curious as to whether there are others out there that have had the same unpleasant experience I have had. Fortunately for me, I don't scare easily with illegal threats from people who seem to be con artists looking for easy prey to score a quick buck off of.

I was called and threteaned by Mr. David a few years ago who was phoning and wanted to take me to court....it NEVER HAPPENED...these people are the lowest of the low and have no strength what so ever...I suggest you hang up and do not under any circumstances return their calls...I have two of me Davids calls on cd they are very entertaining

Submitted by on Sat, 01/02/2010 - 10:55

This company called my boss, continued to pry him for information, He would not give out my phone number which made me quite happy! They then went ahead and told him that if they didn't receive a payment today then they were going to file charges in court tomorrow.... now isn't it illegal to disclose such information to anyone but the party that the debt belongs to? My boss who is probably the nicest guy on the planet passed this information to me and offered me money to pay this off cause he didn't want to see anything bad happen to me, it actually made him genuinely concerned.. but then I did some reading and it sounds like I should not pay these people no matter what they do.... does anyone know if they have a license to collect debt in Alberta?

Submitted by on Wed, 04/13/2011 - 15:07

If it's a third party collection agency, then they can only contact your employer, friends or family members for once in order to know your contact details. But they shouldn't disclose any other information to the person they are contacting. Well... I'm not sure whether they have the license to collect the debt in Alberta.

Submitted by Anna Sweeting on Thu, 04/14/2011 - 02:35

Anna Sweeting

( Posts: 1827 | Credits: )