Skip to main content
index page

Has anyone dealt with Palisade Collections in the past?

Submitted by on Tue, 08/30/2005 - 11:53
Posts: 202330

I need to contact them about payment.

Any help is appreciated.

Palisades Collections once notoriously put bills on my credit reports. If the bills belong to you genuinely, it might be ATT as the original creditor because they use them often. It might also be a magazine subscription.

Palisades has been working a lot of magazine subscription accounts that have not gotten paid or where the company bills someone for a magazine subscriptions after they canceled subscription.

Had this happen to me once for Discover magazine.

You can also get this account verified from your credit bureaus and get the contact information. First dispute it as if it does not belong to you.

Submitted by ben on Tue, 08/30/2005 - 12:26


( Posts: 2034 | Credits: )


I am pretty sure it is my late/delinquint Sam Ash music card. They used to be HRS(HOUSEHOLD) which became HSBC or something. I beleive the credit is true, if I remember correctly, the account matched so I guess the Household(HSBC) sold my debt to them.


Thanks again ben.

Submitted by on Tue, 08/30/2005 - 12:57

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Do you have the number for them. I have a 41 dollar bill I would like to find out who its from and pay it if it is truly mine.

Submitted by on Tue, 09/13/2005 - 11:24

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Ben your statement "It's good that your accounts will appear as "Paid in Full" in your credit report. This is the most important positive remark that is used to evaluate the financial worthiness."

Is not truly accurate, a collection account or a public record regardless of payment status is still a negative for credit scoring models.

I would also suggest to anyone that has to deal with Palisades to do a Google search for my username. You will find where I frequent and my dealings with them.

There are currently a lot of complaints regarding the reporting policies of this company.

Just dropped by after running a google on my adversary.

Submitted by on Thu, 09/15/2005 - 22:35

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

When I had called them, the young lady on the phone was very nice. I paid this in full with them. She said it will appear as paid in full on the credit report, I didn't even have to ask. About 10 days later I got a letter from them stating that it will appear as paid in full to the CRA's. Now, just have to see how that turns out but hey, they were real nice to me and sent me that letter. No complaints here.

Now, I just have to attack Arrow Financial. Paid $821 in full to them and still no update on the ole credit report. I am slacking on this one but will hit them up by next week.

Submitted by on Fri, 09/16/2005 - 05:19

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )



Is not truly accurate, a collection account or a public record regardless of payment status is still a negative for credit scoring models.

I know what you meant by that statement. It is the best when the credit report is absolutely stain free. But if the credit report is having a negative stain, it is of less importance. But do consider the fact, that it is always viewed more favorably than before in spite of any negative remark which is unpaid.

Submitted by ben on Fri, 09/16/2005 - 11:22


( Posts: 2034 | Credits: )

They have me as defaulting on a ATT cell phone in Providece RI. in 1999. Never had an ATT cell phone or been in Providence. Lots of complaints on internet. They have not responded to several calls. Going to Florida Attorney General next week. pkw Fl.

Submitted by on Fri, 09/23/2005 - 08:51

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I too am a victim of Palisades. An old AT&T bill that was resolved in 1997 has now just shown up on my credit report. I tried the # (201) 567-5648 and got a message that the party I was trying to call was not available at this time. Please leave a message.... Is this what everyone else has experienced when contacting this #? They didn't even specify they were Palisades. Any feedback would be appreciated

[color=red][size=2][email removed as per forum rules-Mike][/size][/color]

Submitted by on Fri, 09/23/2005 - 18:02

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I can tell you all now that Palisades Collection is one of the worst and most innaccurate collection agencys out there. I have dealt with them repeatedly over the past 5 years regarding a balance that should never have been reported by AT&T. I have spoken to accounts payable at AT&T already and confirmed that the bill was paid in full before collection, also, I have disputed the amount of 204 dollars on my credit file twice already resulting in it's removal, and Palisades has resubmitted the same amount again for a third time just this month. They are either poorly run and innaccurate, or they are trying to scam people into paying closed acounts. I believe that it is the latter due to my own personal experience with them. My advice is to dispute any of their reports, (if they are void). I am in the process if taking legal matters into hand in order to discontinue harassment from this company.

Good luck to you.

Submitted by on Wed, 09/28/2005 - 19:31

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Hi Guest,

Welcome to the forums.


I can tell you all now that Palisades Collection is one of the worst and most inaccurate collection agencies out there.

You must be having all the records of your payments made. Did you pull a copy of your credit report once the said accounts were paid in full? I believe, this proof is the most important of all.

If Palisades Collection still reports a debt that has already been paid, you can take legal actions against them. Make sure that you do all your correspondence in writing through certified mail. You will be able to track your information.


Submitted by roxette on Thu, 09/29/2005 - 11:18


( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

Hi, I am very concerned. I have a collection from Palisades for $560! It says it originated from AT&T wireless, but I have never had an account with AT&T wireles! Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do? Please Help if you can. Thanks

Submitted by on Wed, 10/05/2005 - 16:18

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I filed Bankruptcy ch 7, and Palasides still has not reported correctly to the credit agency. Still reporting a balance even after they have been listed as a creditor. These people are ruthless.. :evil:

Submitted by on Tue, 10/11/2005 - 19:52

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

brad991, dispute this item with the credit bureau that is reporting it. Also, pull you report from the other two bureaus and compare it. If you find this entry not available in the other two reports, you can send a copy of it to the bureau reporting the error.

They will investigate and remove the negative remark from your file. I hope it works for you as it worked for me.

Submitted by ben on Wed, 10/12/2005 - 12:46


( Posts: 2034 | Credits: )

I just got a letter and a phone call from an old credit card that had a balance from 4 years ago that was charged off. I tried to make payment arrangements 2 years ago to the first collection agency it got turned over to and no one ever returned my call or letter.they must have sold it to palisades.How far can they go,can they take you to court?any advise would be very helpful.i do not have the money to pay this in full.

Submitted by on Wed, 01/11/2006 - 17:35

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )


Would you mind telling us which state do you belong to? If the account has past SOL, no one can take legal actions against you.

However, if you consider paying it off, first get a written validation from them. Send them DV by CMRRR. If they fail to validate the debt, there is not question of paying.

Once they validate it accurately, you can ask for a settlement. If you find it really difficult to deal them, take professional help.

Submitted by stanley on Wed, 01/11/2006 - 17:49


( Posts: 1639 | Credits: )

I just recieved a collection notice from Palisades Collection on an account I know nothing about all my bills are always paid an I have great credit .
This was a collection from HSBC for 2490.97 can you help

Submitted by on Sat, 01/21/2006 - 09:42

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Mike, send a dispute letter to Palisades forcing them to give you the details of this account. As per the fdcpa laws, they must send you the details in writing before attempting further collections.

You need to send your dispute through certified mail with return receipt requested. Once the company receives your letter and thereby not respond to it, you have covered your base legally.

After verifying with the original creditor, if the company sends you the details and you agree to it, paying it off will improve your credit ratings.

Submitted by john on Sat, 01/21/2006 - 11:31


( Posts: 1231 | Credits: )

...... hell Im trying contact them to pay my bill and they dont even answer the phones.

Submitted by on Thu, 01/26/2006 - 15:27

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I have already posted this before but thought I would add to this thread. I got a letter from Palisades in the mail but they didn't state that it was over an AT&T account. THey named the mortgage company that I had orginally gotten my house through. We have since refinanced with another company, which paid the first company off completely. So the fact that they named my first mortgage company was strange since I opened my account with them in the late 80s and closed it in the mid 90s. They listed an account number. I came here to the forum and asked about Palisades and someone told me that they usually deal with AT&T accounts. I went back through my records and sure enough, it was an AT&T account that I have been disputing for the past two years. I disputed with AT&T and I wrote Palisades and disputed with them as well. I sent them a validation request. They wrote me back a couple of weeks ago and said that they would be sending my validation papers as soon as they could get them but sometimes it takes up to 90 days. so we'll see. I disputed with AT&T over the if Palisades send me validation, they're just going to send me a copy of the bill that I have disputed from the onset. I'm not sure where all of this is going to go. AT&T is trying to make me pay something I don't agree with. Its not on my credit report, since I've disputed it. Guess I will have to wait on Palisades to know what my next move is going to be.

Submitted by imkimssister on Thu, 01/26/2006 - 22:25


( Posts: 1301 | Credits: )

They are on my credit report for 3615.00 and i don't know what in the hell for it is totally bogus.

Submitted by on Mon, 06/12/2006 - 11:07

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Fonz, call Palisade at 201-567-5648 and inquire about the account reported in your file. They must provide you the complete proof of this debt or dispute for removing the negative entry. Remember, collection entries are very bad in the credit report and lower the scores. If the information provided is inaccurate, it must not stay in your file for long.

Submitted by GunsNroses on Mon, 06/12/2006 - 14:36


( Posts: 485 | Credits: )

How willing is Palisades to negotiate?
I've got a debt of about $27k that's been that way for about 3 years with no adverse effects on my personal property... except my credit score.

Submitted by on Thu, 06/15/2006 - 21:28

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Rick, is the debt within the SOL period? Check the date of last activity in this account? The negative information has already tarnished your credit report due to the collection remark. Offer them a settlement amount if it is within the SOL. They might accept it. If you want to pay them anyway, there might be a slight improvement in your credit scores.

Submitted by GunsNroses on Fri, 06/16/2006 - 15:35


( Posts: 485 | Credits: )

does anyone know how to check on a tol free number i think that they are calling me me four to five times a day and sometimes every ten minutes. there is never any body there and when you call back there is a busy signal. i called their office in omaha and their attourney was very rude they are trying to collect on a bill that was cleared by a bankruptcy and put it on our credit reportthe nimber is 800-938-6118. would appreciate any information on this place

Submitted by on Fri, 07/14/2006 - 10:35

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I had a AT&T account. Finally found a telephone number to call at Palisades. Did a payment over the phone in July 2006. First mistake, didn't get a comfirmation number. Just checked my credit report (experian) and it shows that I still owe money. How long before it comes, or will it every? How can I get a telephone number to talk to Palisades? This is the only bad mark on my credit and want it off, so I can have better credit.

Submitted by on Sat, 08/05/2006 - 21:19

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I just received that i had a past due balance with atat and i have a past due balance with them which i never hhave now they sent me mail in the mail with a letter for a past due account for the amount of 2,000 dollars also with 7 percent intrest and also they are taking me to court next month so now i have to pay a lawyer and dont know who to call from my state this account that they said was opened over five years ago almost

Submitted by on Wed, 08/16/2006 - 13:57

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I have some accounts on my credit report that I belive are from identity theft. One of them are from palisades. I was wondering how I go about finding out information from them. has anybody delt with this. Also I do not want to end up haveing them calling me ll the time while I'm trying to deal with this. thanks

Submitted by on Thu, 10/05/2006 - 14:48

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Would call and tell you that if you did not pay they would update credit reports. (to say o.k. it sits another 7 years from today)these companies do this to lower your score and get your attention. Do not let these people know you care about your credit. They will use that against you

Submitted by BEAUTY1217 on Tue, 12/05/2006 - 11:31


( Posts: 281 | Credits: )

hi, my fiance just got legal papers from the sheriffs department today saying that palisades is taking him to small claims court for a balance owed to at&t for $986.08! he had the account with at&t about 5 years ago, the last bill he received from them was for around $182, that was the last we heard from them. I went on the BBB site to see what he can do about this,i believe they are wrong here in many ways.We never received any phone calls or letters from Palisades, nor a bill with proof and/or reasoning of why the bill is so high.We dont believe we should have to pay this unjustly bill and are very upset that they went to the lenghts they have to collect without contacting us personally first.We would appreciate any help you can give us,any thoughts on what we should do to resolve this matter, preferebly out of the court. Thank you!! -Jackie Walsh :(

Submitted by on Mon, 05/07/2007 - 11:38

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

First get the debt validated by Palisades. You need to be sure about the debt for which they are collecting from you. Besides, do check the SOL of your state. It looks like the statues might have already expired as per your state laws. If this is the case, they won't be able to sue you in the court. You will have to write a dispute letter notifying the expiry of SOL to Palisades.

Submitted by a_neblat on Mon, 05/07/2007 - 12:16


( Posts: 407 | Credits: )

Pallisade, llc. belongs to Asta Funding Inc. Asta Funding Inc.
210 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
United States - Map
Phone: 201-567-5648
Fax: 201-569-6198

Pallisade Telephone Representative are first line employee wiht a very limited lines of response. I believe that if your case is one legit and well evidence you migth want to try reach seniors oficial in the institution.

Submitted by on Wed, 05/09/2007 - 13:13

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I just sent them a letter. They started calling me this past week and when I viewed my Credit report, guess whom was on there. They have been on there since August 2008 ( the same month that I refinance with Countywide home mortages). Why have they waited till now to call.

Submitted by on Mon, 03/02/2009 - 15:48

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Ok I just got a bill from Palisades Collection, stating I owe $502.85 from At&T wireless. What should I do if I know for a fact I dont owe this. I use to have cingular wireless and ended my contract with them and didnt owe them anything. Never got a bill what so ever. Ive looked on my credit report and there is nothing showing on there of this deliquency. I have also called AT&T and they have no record of me oweing anything. What can I do?

Submitted by on Thu, 02/24/2011 - 10:28

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Send a DV letter, CMRRR, to Palisades now, look through this site for a template and suit it to your needs. Do nothing until they have fully validated this, if it is as you say you will probably never hear from them again. Send that letter

Submitted by on Thu, 02/24/2011 - 13:07

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )