Share post
member profile picture

I need help with my cash now. Are they legal in Texas? I took out a 1000 loan in July. I extended it in August and paid 399 and another 399 is due on August 29th.

I do not want to default on my loan because I can't have them calling my work or home. I am wiling to pay it off but what are my legal options? I can't close my bank account either since it is a joint account with my husband and he doesn't know about this whole mess.

Please help!

There are members on here from Texas and they should be able to assist you. However, I think that you are going to have to close your account in order to prevent them from getting access to it.

Other's will be along to advise you further. If you do close your account please read the sticky "closing your accounts to pdl's" and open up a new account at a totally different bank. Have you tried talking to your husband in regards to this? I know it isn't a fun thing to do but it is always best to be upfront and honest when you can.

Sub: #1 posted on Sat, 08/09/2008 - 21:42

ladybug ladybug

(Posts: 2757 | Credits: )

Ladybug is right. Some one will be along to post your state laws and interpret them for you. Also correct is that closing you account is really the only way to stop them from accessing your money. Hang tight.

Sub: #2 posted on Sun, 08/10/2008 - 06:23

llw1995 llw1995

(Posts: 1422 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.821 seconds.