I have 6 outstanding pdl, all are with internet companies. I live in Ohio. I'm afraid of being garnished I could lose my job. I've faxed all of them letters revoking any letter I may have signed for wage attachments and asking that they not contact my employer. Please Help!
1. Check N Go loan $700- owed $300
2. Cash Supply loan $600- principle paid $100
3. MTE Financial loan $500- principle paid $100
4. One Click Cash- $500 loan- between $600-$700 paid in interest (fees)
5. East Side Lenders- loan $350- prinicple owed $118.75 (which includes interest)
6. Arrowhead Investments- $300 loan- over $400 paid in interest
By signing up a debt counseling session, your provided details (Name, Email ID and Phone No.) will be forwarded to the company advertising on the DebtCC. However, you have no obligation to use their services.
Some creditors and collection agencies refuse to lower the payoff amount, interest rate, and fees owed by the consumer.
Creditors/collection agencies can make collection calls and file lawsuits against the consumers represented by the debt relief companies.
Debt relief services may have a negative impact on the consumer's creditworthiness and his overall debt amount may increase due to the accumulation of extra fees.
The amount which the consumer saves with the use of debt relief services can be regarded as taxable income.