Skip to main content
index page

ONE OF OUR FORUM MEMBERS IN NEED!!!!!!

Submitted by KYSIDE38 on Thu, 11/30/2006 - 15:49
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello Everyone, I have talked this over with Fins and we decided this would be a good thing to do. One of our forum members is pretty sick, with a 12 year old child to provide for for Christmas. She has no help. No family. If you could please donate some points it would be appreciated. KYSIDE38 here is the link:

I would also, if possible through kyside or finsfan, see if there is some type of local organization that could help out with a Xmas dinner and a few extra Christmas items. I would be willing to make some calls and do some digging to find those organizations, just let me know. I want to do my part.

Submitted by WHEREAMI? on Thu, 11/30/2006 - 16:31

WHEREAMI?

( Posts: 5263 | Credits: )

Steelers....I am going to see what "make a wish" can do. My husband once reccomended a child..and they got their wish!!- so I know how the program works. I also know there is a program for adults. I'm going to check that out, and I'll let you know what I find out! Together we'll get this done, she's gonna have a great Christmas!

Submitted by finsfan13 on Thu, 11/30/2006 - 16:51

finsfan13

( Posts: 6919 | Credits: )

I am very sorry about this problem. There is a major bug and it is taking time to fix. I have asked all my programmers to work late night until this is fixed. They are working on it with cell phones switched off.

I understand the feelings behind this particular topic. Please don't give up. After a long time, this group has gathered together with a very noble cause and for someone special. I will get it fixed ASAP.

Sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards
Mike

Submitted by Mike on Thu, 11/30/2006 - 18:49

Mike

( Posts: 1317 | Credits: )

I'm not sure how this point system works - but let me know and I will glady donate my points.

Submitted by cabyh59 on Thu, 11/30/2006 - 18:49

cabyh59

( Posts: 46 | Credits: )

Guys I dont want to say a whole lot. Just thats she sick. PM me if you want to know more.

Submitted by KYSIDE38 on Thu, 11/30/2006 - 19:03

KYSIDE38

( Posts: 2477 | Credits: )

All you need to do is go to a post made by txtreasure. You will see the "Donate" button under her points. Click on that, and it will ask you how many points you'd like to donate. You can also leave a message for her in her inbox.

I think this is a great thing. :) It's very important for us as a community to continue to help and support eachother! This just proves how much of a family we truly are! :)

Txtreasure--If you're reading this, we love you! :) Get well soon! *huggzies*

Submitted by Jessi on Fri, 12/01/2006 - 04:58

Jessi

( Posts: 3361 | Credits: )

To everyone that has donated points:

Let me start with I had a rough day yesterday, And have not been having many good days lately, As all the meds that I am on make me violently sick.

However I came into work everyday that I can as I cant afford to take time off and low and behold there are messages for me, When I logged on to find out what they were about All I could do was cry, I want to thank each and everyone for the gift that the donations will enable me to make sure there is something for my daughter for Christmas, My daughter decided that she didnt want to put a tree up this year but we are going to make an angel together , Mind you she has always been different in her logic than most her age, She said she wanted us to make an angel an put it up where the tree would be so that we have an angel this year,
But I think I have found our Angels righ here. Anything that I am able to get her she will know that it came from Angels from this site.
A little history for those that would ask,
I am a single mother of two great kids my daughter is 12 and son is 19, I am currently going through chemo and have not been having an easy time with this at all, I currently work two jobs as I have to stay afloat, Our medical insurance at my place of employer is CRAP , We have no prescrioption card no office visit copays Until you have met the 5000 out of pocket Well I am at that point now and unless anyone else has had medical treatment for something such as myself Some Doctors wont really work with you in reference to making payments Thus is why I was in the PDL mess from this summer that I was in and how I found this WOnderful amazing group of people that I call my friends. And guess what they wont get thier money for a long time to come due to this,
I am pretty fortunate in that I think that if it werent for my kids I dont know that I would go through any of this, They keep me going an I thank god for that everday!
I have been divorced for 10 years and my kids have always been appreciative of everything that they get as they have seen us struggle many many times, There are many days lately that things are so overwhelming and I have prayed that I will be able to provide her with some of the things that she wants for Christmas just not know how the world I could do this, she doesnt ask for much and it is basic things Like new shoes As she wears my old tennis shoes, And a new winter coat, simply the basics that I can afford to get her right now.
I have been able to get some help with the medical bills that is a godsend but it has put way behind on everything else there just isnt any extra left over for anything at this point.

I live outside of Dallas in a very small town and I have checked with the local churches etc there just isnt anything in my county for help as the list is full.
THANK YOU ALL!!!! I am beyond Grattitude and words on how this makes me feel!

Submitted by txtreasure on Fri, 12/01/2006 - 05:56

txtreasure

( Posts: 155 | Credits: )

TX, Hope you didnt get mad at me for starting thread. But you told me to pray and I did. I thought I would let a few others help pray and do whatever they could also. We Love YA. KYSIDE38 :D :D

Submitted by KYSIDE38 on Fri, 12/01/2006 - 06:52

KYSIDE38

( Posts: 2477 | Credits: )

Tx - I wonder if you have looked into any of these churches in your area.

I don't attend Willow Creek up here, but a church called Community Christian Church. We are a member of the Willow Creek Organization (and the 13th most influential church in the US, btw :). If you are ever in the area, stop by and rock out.) Anyway, if you haven't, check into any of the churches on the list and see if they can help. I know if you came to mine, we would be able to provide some assistance. I am sure a one of those could help.

Submitted by jedijeff13 on Fri, 12/01/2006 - 07:20

jedijeff13

( Posts: 1734 | Credits: )

All the days that I felt like I am so ALONE in all this with really no one to talk to and confide in with my struggles Just know that I can come here and talk about how I feel and how to cope makes me feel ten times better, I dont know how many of you have family that you can not go to for help even though you know they are capable of helping but refuse to do so It truly is heartbreaking, I will tell why that is,
Over the course of ones life there are so many things that happen and will happen that either break us as a person or make us stronger I would like to think that everything that has happened in my life has happened for a reason There are so many times that I dont know what that reason is or what lesson is to be learned from it untill it is past and has taught me something or has merely happened to teach someone closest to us,
I have learnt that life is a GIFT from god and you dont know when that will be gone, I cherish everyday that I have like there is no other! And I choose to keep fighting this fight!

One of the most heartbreaking things is that My parents would be able to help but choose not to due to my choices that I made a year or so ago, in pressing charges against my brother along with my other siblings which in turn got him 9 years in prison.
I appreciate all the help here more than words can even express, And it fills my heart with hope and faith in people that are in a better place with understanding and compassion that I didnt realize peoole still had.
I have no real friends outside of work as tht is all I have time for with working so many hours a week and taking care of my daughter, You are all an inspiration to me,
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!

Submitted by txtreasure on Fri, 12/01/2006 - 08:17

txtreasure

( Posts: 155 | Credits: )