Skip to main content
index page

If you win some contest and get some extra cash from prize money then what will you do with it?

Submitted by Vikas on Wed, 12/31/2008 - 22:27
Credits:
[Donate]

Many a times we participate in contests. Suppose you've won such a contest and got the prize money. How productively can you use this extra money during this current economic crisis? Share your plans.

First if enough I would pay off my debts, next I would buy all new carpets (Mine are worn thin and are not keeping in the heat)
If enough left I would buy next Christmas presents and tinned and dried food to put away (ensuring of course that they were in date till at least Feb 2010)
Anything over and I might buy myself a piece of jewellery to remind myself of how lucky I am to be able to do that.

Submitted by Jenny Gibson on Mon, 01/19/2009 - 08:11

Jenny Gibson

( Posts: | Credits: )

It would really all depend on how much cash I won. If I won the Publishers Clearing House cash, I already have a plan to share with my children and my husbands children, save some for ourselves to buy a home and pay off all our bills and put the rest in CD's. If you are talking about $500 winnings, I think I would take it and buy something my husband and I have both wanted, such as an HDTV.

If by chance, you are talking about $50.00, I would probably put gas in my truck.

Thanks

Submitted by Carol Smith on Tue, 01/20/2009 - 14:11

Carol Smith

I as many Americans are pressured with the stress of paying off debt. This stress has been so high in my life due to poor financial decisions that I decided to do something about it! The only thing that got me through the stress was the promise I made to myself that if I had extra money, that I would do all I could to help others with it! Rather than buy something for myself, I would help someone that is really in need of a helping hand. Most people have debt and granted they need help but most of us have a place to live and food on our tables. A cause that has been near and dear to my heart is helping people who are homeless and hungry. I have volunteered at my local Rescue Mission and have helped collect over 2,000 lbs of food at my place of employment. I would use the $50.00 to purchase food and buy clothes at the salvation army to feed and clothe the homeless in my community. I'm an avid runner and I run by several homeless people on every run. I would hand these deserving people a nice sandwich and a warm coat. These are the people that need our help the most!

Submitted by Stephen M Patrician on Wed, 01/21/2009 - 12:58

Stephen M Patrician

i will add to the money i earned to send back home for my family toby for their necessities as my son was injured and had a fracture on his leg so he was confined at home as he can't walk, and i'll do the best i can as i can't pay my absence as a mother.due to the cost and lifestyle back home i've got to sacrifice to leave my kids for my wish to give them a better education and better life but unfortunately accidents is unpredictable so i tried to answer this question honestly as i need help.

Submitted by julietguidangen on Fri, 01/23/2009 - 10:26

julietguidangen

Winning extra cash would be my dream come true! First of all, I would pay off all my debt. I would pay everything and everybody I owe and enjoy the feeling of being debt free! Second I would treat myself to a vacation if I had enough left over. This has been a very stressful last few years and I would love to get away. But I would make sure I was good first. I would want to be paid up on everything so I do not have to worry about money.

Submitted by bea2ls on Mon, 01/26/2009 - 06:10

bea2ls

( Posts: 3840 | Credits: )

First of all, I would pay off any debts that I may have. I would then, next, put some money in savings for emergencies,depending what I won, at least 3 months of living expenses.

I would then stock up on groceries-canned goods meat to freeze, and staples.

I would then pay 6-12 months of car and house insurance. This would give me more each month, also, to work with.

I would then give money to my mother, brother, sons, etc, to help them get out of debt.

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Mon, 01/26/2009 - 08:04

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )

i have to go so my first response is hope it's enough to plan a dentist visit. I've been told both girls need braces (already), but the youngest's just caring for hers is what it is. At 7 her end alone was $650 and were almost at ayear since. On the bright side i'm aloud to do monthly payments.

Submitted by gooses3 on Mon, 01/26/2009 - 14:16

gooses3