Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Debt Consolidation and Debt Settlement forums

What is the worst thing that can happen when you are sued?

member profile picture
Credits: 0
[Donate]

I am being sued by citibank credit card. I live with my daughter and have no income, i have not been able to pay on this debt since oct2001, i am scared i have never had this happen to me. what is the worst thing will happen to me?

Quote:
what choice do I have.??

Not much, especially when you indeed owe the debt.

Well, the creditor has the discretion not to cooperate with the settlement firm and therefore can sue you for the debt. I'd suggest you to speak to the settlement firm immediately and update them about the development. You need to build a defence for yourself to reply to their summons.

Do you have documents to show that HSBC has rejected your settlement proposals in the past when you tried to sort the matter with them? Also carry proves that you're currently on social security which can't be garnished.

Sub: #31 posted on Sun, 01/03/2010 - 21:31

SC SC
Moderators
(Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

like sc mentioned have those papers ready and take them to court with you. in my case the judge was pretty peeved that citibank waisted his time when i was trying to do something instead of nothing. they dont look too kindly on that sort of thing and it will help in your favor, you will mostlikely still get judgment BUT how he requires you to pay it may make it easier. in my case i had as long as i wanted to pay it or not pay it. he put a lein on my home and told me right in front of them if i have never had intentions of moving dont worry about paying it. i still did when i got the money but still i had as long as i wanted. and you can still negotiate even after judgement keep that in mind also

Sub: #32 posted on Mon, 01/04/2010 - 11:24

love_my_things love_my_things

(Posts: 1434 | Credits: )

Hi everybody. I just registered here, and this looks like a great forum. Very professional and friendly. Keep up the great work!
I'm just an average city kid, currently i am attending the university of philadelphia and my name is Sam. Just wanted to say hello to you
all i hope to have a great time here i guess!

Sub: #33 posted on Wed, 01/13/2010 - 22:47

Unregistered

We have been served in missouri for a substantial credit card debt after we received letter of validation and we are within the SOL. We now can afford to go on a payment plan or debt settlement. How do you suggest we respond? Thank you.

Sub: #34 posted on Thu, 01/14/2010 - 15:34

Unregistered

well first you need to figure out if you want to do a payment plan or if you want to save to settle

Sub: #35 posted on Thu, 01/14/2010 - 16:49

love_my_things love_my_things

(Posts: 1434 | Credits: )

my wife is getting sued by collection co. for citbank the court date in 25 days what should we do thanks

Sub: #36 posted on Sun, 01/17/2010 - 20:33

Unregistered

im in nc can a credit card company take my property for a unsecured debt and can the court order me to sell my property

Sub: #37 posted on Wed, 01/20/2010 - 15:10

Unregistered

Once a credit card "charges-off" your account and sends it to an attorney or agency can a judgment be filed? and if it can . . . can the judgment be chargfed off in a bankruptcy?

Sub: #38 posted on Fri, 01/22/2010 - 11:17

Unregistered

what is the sol in mo? we are 2 mths behind on credit cards bills and just can't pay anything right now. companies are not willing to work w me and am affraid we will get a lawsuit on us.

Sub: #39 posted on Mon, 01/25/2010 - 08:08

Unregistered

Not sure about sol in your state but 2 months late will not get you sued. The companies won't work with you because you are not late enough.

Sub: #40 posted on Mon, 01/25/2010 - 08:21

OZZIE69 OZZIE69

(Posts: 555 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.287 seconds.