Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Debt Consolidation and Debt Settlement forums

What is the worst thing that can happen when you are sued?

member profile picture
Credits: 0
[Donate]

I am being sued by citibank credit card. I live with my daughter and have no income, i have not been able to pay on this debt since oct2001, i am scared i have never had this happen to me. what is the worst thing will happen to me?

What happens if I didn't respond within the 30 day period to the courts or the attorneys. They are totally scaring me to death. I've spoken to them several times, but I guess this doesn't count? They just won't settle.

Sub: #41 posted on Tue, 01/26/2010 - 02:54

Unregistered

Back in 06 i had 2 surgeries, there was 1 mth that i was short on my check and wrote all my creditors a check for $20.00. My minimum payment on my visa was $21.00. Because of that $1.00 they tacked on $100.00 fees and charges and upped my interest to 29.9. I wrote them a letter explaining my situation (i had never been late on any payments) and they in 30 words or more told me tough s___, so i called the number on the letter that they told me and talked to 1 of the customer svc reps and about 1 week later i got a letter from him telling me the same thing. To make a LONG story short i made 3 more calls to other people that they told me to and the same. Finally they gave me 1 more name and number that i called 4 times and left a message but never got a call back. Now they have sued me and i was wondering if i take all the documentation to court with me and show the judge how much i tried to get them to work with me if it is possible that he could throw it out and me not owe it anymore? Or what do you think the judge will do? I owed $700 more or less and they are trying to get $2200.00 out of me now.

Sub: #42 posted on Thu, 01/28/2010 - 00:00

Unregistered

Hey Nelly, I got a wage garnishment notice in the mail, and I'm just wondering if this can be legally done if the SOL has expired? Also is it too late at this point to send the letter to the law firm representing them requesting validation of this debt?

Sub: #43 posted on Thu, 01/28/2010 - 07:58

Unregistered

how do you request the court to arrange for affordable payment plan to a bank

Sub: #44 posted on Mon, 02/08/2010 - 14:12

Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
how do you request the court to arrange for affordable payment plan to a bank

You can check out the following link for information on court proceeding.

''http://www.nedap.org/hotl ine/court.html"

Sub: #45 posted on Tue, 02/09/2010 - 03:44

SC SC
Moderators
(Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

I keep getting calls/letters on an old Providian credit card I defaulted on from 2005. I know Providian was sold to Washington Mutual in 2005 ...and WaMu later went bankrupt in 2008. The SOL for New Mexico (I think) is 4 years. Does the WaMu bankruptcy help me? I don't think any debt I owed to a now defunct company can be sold to a collection agency w/o my consent. Is that logic correct?

Sub: #46 posted on Sun, 02/14/2010 - 14:41

Unregistered

Well, the fact that the creditor has gone bankrupt doesn't free you from your debt obligation. You still owe the debt. You may now owe to whoever has bought WaMu.

Sub: #47 posted on Sun, 02/14/2010 - 22:48

SC SC
Moderators
(Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

We had a Wamu card and it was bought by Chase. They may now own this debt.

Sub: #48 posted on Mon, 02/15/2010 - 07:16

OZZIE69 OZZIE69

(Posts: 555 | Credits: )

The Bureau of Collection Recovery is MORE than annoying and rude about my 92 yr. old Mother's credit debt with Chase. They will not even tell me which of several Chase cards that hae different addresses for payment.

I have her POA, but am not a co-signer. She is in hospital and will probably die there or in a nursing home and never return to my home, but this is the only address and phone number she has had in the last 10 years.

What is this "cease and desist" letter BCR wants to stop calling me 5-10 times a day AND using a robocaller and using a local area code person who tries to connect me - often without doing so? Do I have to hire an attorney for a "cease and desist" letter? I cannot find an example of one.

Sub: #49 posted on Mon, 02/15/2010 - 13:16

Unregistered

AFTER LAYOFFS AND HOSPITALIZATION, WE STARTED TO FALL BEHIND ON cc PAYMENTS. WE OWE A TOTAL OF $34K TO CITIBANK BETWEEN MINE AND MY HUSBAND'S ACCOUNTS. AS SOON AS WE STARTED HAVING FINANCIAL PROBLEMS, BEFORE MISSING PAYMENTS, WE TRIED TO GET THEM TO WOK WITH US TO NO AVAIL. NOW ONE OF OUR ACCOUNTS IS 80 DAYS PAST DUE, AND THEY ARE STILL REFUSING TO WORK WITH US. THEY HAVE ALSO INCREASED THE INTEREST ON MY ACCOUNT. WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD GREAT CREDIT AND PAID EVERY BILL ON TIME. WE HAVE BEEN CUSTOMERS OF CITIBANK FOR OVER 15 YEARS. WHAT PLAN OF ACTION SHOULD WE TAKE? WHAT IS THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN TO US? WE ARE EXTREMELY CONCERNED.

Sub: #50 posted on Tue, 02/16/2010 - 20:01

Unregistered

Page loaded in 0.214 seconds.