Route 66 Funding Address

Submitted by wizard on Fri, 05/26/2006 - 08:04
Credits:
[Donate]

Route 66 Funding
46 State Street
3rd Floor
Albany NY 12207

These people were VERY reluctant to give me their mailing address. They called my bank and made me verify (while they were silently listening) that my account was closed. I told them if they wanted money, I had to send a MO.

I borrowed $200 from them and they want me to pay bank $500. No way. I'm sending 350. I wonder what they will do?

I obtained one loan in July and on 2 occasions have had them take fees out times 2 in 2 separate pay periods. Have talked to lawyer. Does anyone have their address and fax. I am being harassed at work and when I call their phone get a recording saying it isnt working. Thanks for any help.

Submitted by on Sat, 09/09/2006 - 06:42

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Why do you keep taking 89.00 every payday. you have ripped me off plenty. Its over Im putting a block on my account and reporting your company. This is bullshit,i've payed you back ten fold

Submitted by on Mon, 09/11/2006 - 07:19

I have tried to get this loan paid off but the interest is outragous? can anyone give me any ideas on how i can pay this thing off with out having sell everything I own?

Submitted by on Mon, 09/11/2006 - 17:20

My loan was for $200 and now they say I owe $516. I closed my checking account and opened a new account with a different bank and did not give out my info to them. When I called they would not set up payment arrangements at all. They said the full amount had to be paid in full by moneyorder and to make sure I wrote my SSN# on there. I haven't sent them anything. I have no money to pay them right now. I am paying off 5 other loans who were willing to make payment arrangements in smaller amounts. I live in California.

Submitted by on Sat, 09/16/2006 - 07:31

I got a 200 loan from them and they have been debiting 79 from my account for almost 3 months now. This last one got returned for NSF, I wonder what will happen. I'm thinking of closing my account on Monday. Does anyone know if they can take me to court?

Submitted by on Sat, 09/16/2006 - 22:35

If anyone can give me an address or phone number I dont want them to take anymore money from my acct. they were suppose to take all of it back this pay they only too the $80. Need to contact if I can.

Submitted by on Mon, 09/18/2006 - 07:04

I'm so glad ypou had the address I tried to call in and ask for an adress and they told me that they cannot give it to me and told me that they were going to do a wage assignment, and threatened me! Then the lady on the phone hung up on me! I am going to revoke the wage assignment now and send them 379 ( I took out 300 now hey want 750..) but when I send the m.o I nedd to get i ceritified right?

Submitted by on Mon, 09/18/2006 - 09:06

this company called me and said that I had been approved for a 200.00 loan. I foolishly took it after I had applied for another payday. I regret that mistake now. There is no contract, no explanation of interest, just "processing fees of 80.00 every 2 weeks. They promised that my 1st payment would be debited on Sept. 29th, but they took it out on Sept. 15th. I called them and they told me that I did agree to that and I know I didn't. When I threatened them with action from the FTC and other legal avenues, the customer rep fell silent and then started stammering. I then hung up the phone and now am starting my campaign against them and want my money back!!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 09/19/2006 - 07:55

this company called me and said that I had been approved for a 200.00 loan. I foolishly took it after I had applied for another payday. I regret that mistake now. There is no contract, no explanation of interest, just "processing fees of 80.00 every 2 weeks. They promised that my 1st payment would be debited on Sept. 29th, but they took it out on Sept. 15th. I called them and they told me that I did agree to that and I know I didn't. When I threatened them with action from the FTC and other legal avenues, the customer rep fell silent and then started stammering. I then hung up the phone and now am starting my campaign against them and want my money back!!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 09/19/2006 - 08:00

I was readig the articles about and i too have borrow money with route 66 recently i lost my job and had been trying to called them with the number that they provided me and finally i got this gentleman that insisted that i pay 140.00 what do i do?

Submitted by on Fri, 09/29/2006 - 15:20

How much was your original loan for and how many interest payments have you made?. They operate out of the UK they will tell you they don't have to follow your state laws, but they do. It is difficult to enforce due to them being over seas. I would put a block on them at my bank to prevent them from taking out anymore money, and if you legally owe anything on the principal pay that back on your terms NOT theirs. Don't let them threaten you with crap like your going to jail, somebody's coming to your job to arrest you if you don't pay by noon. That's a bunch of bull ----you know what.

Submitted by WHEREAMI? on Fri, 09/29/2006 - 16:47

WHEREAMI?

( Posts: 5263 | Credits: )

Appied with route66funding. Had sturgery, couldn't make the payment due to I was on disbiltiy, they continuing hassement me at work and home. I called, email them several times. I even asked them to send my account to collect agency, they never did, they area still calling my job. I informed them stop calling my job, will get fired for personal call at work. I asked them to call me at home, it got so bad I am no longer response to any their phone call. I going to file hassement and bankrucy immediately I am very tired of them. I had it. I am in fincial harhdship, they don't even care. What sure I do?

Submitted by on Fri, 09/29/2006 - 20:07

looking for website on route66funding

Submitted by on Fri, 09/29/2006 - 20:08

i myself took out a 200 loan with them and paid back 201 so far. they are claiming i still owe them 539dollars and nothing i paid went to the principal i am calling the ag and bbb.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/03/2006 - 11:57

They are a scam - I was called by Rte 66 asking for authorization for a loan that had been applied for in my name. I had never applied for anything, and when I asked them to identify who applied for the loan, they said they could not track it, would not let me speak to a supervisor and told me to call customer service, who could not track the origin of the request either. I am worried that my name is out there and somebody is using it. Fortunately, they do not have any other info on me.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/04/2006 - 07:29

Julia Morgan : call to our toll free number 1 877 564 77 38
Ask for the supervisor and tell him whats going on, dont talk with representatives.

ymcmiller : this company may not be perfect, but we never call customers that havent apply for the loan.
maybe someone applied with ur name and information. that happens very often.

See, this is like a game, we give u the rules... if you want everything to go fine.. you have to follow them .. thats all.

Its not a nice game, so like i said before in another forum of this page:

If you recently took a loan with us : pay the full amount of $280 INMEDIATLY.
DONT extend the loan.
Why ? Because every time you extend the loan , we will debit from your bank account ther relevant fee.
The fee reduce $5 everytime u extend the loan, but at the end you will still have to pay the original loan ($200) plus another fee.

How ? Just call 5 days before the loan is due back, we tell you to call 3 days before, but for your safety call 5 days before.

The phone number is 1 877 564 77 38.

Submitted by on Sat, 10/14/2006 - 21:23

Interesting response by sales agent . . . should be very easy to verify.

Sales agent, let's say Julia and/or ymc call your company on Monday morning. How soon will they be able to report back that your folks printed out and faxed them the following?

1) A screenshot of the client information page(s) from your loan management system (don't know whether you use TDC or another platform, but either way a 6 year-old would be able to do it.) so they can see what information was entered into the quick app you got from your lead generator.

2) A copy of the loan note and disclosure that was provided to them in writing in accordance with the Truth in Lending Act.

3) A copy of the written ACH authorization agreement they were provided in accordance with the Electronic Funds Transfer Act and NACHA rules.

4) A copy of the e-signature log that was created when they provided electronic consent in encrypted form as required by the Electonic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (a/k/a the E-Sign Act)

Like you said, "we give u the rules... if you want everything to go fine.. you have to follow them .. thats all." Well, let's see if what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Submitted by Marcia Brady's Lovechile on Sat, 10/14/2006 - 22:50

Marcia Brady's Lovechile

( Posts: 59 | Credits: )

I recently borrowed only $250 from these people. They have been very nice to me and have even agreed to not charge the fee if I pay the loan off in full early. Is this true?

Submitted by on Wed, 11/01/2006 - 16:31

Help me please.
Those A-holes at Route 66 funding leave you very little recourse in paying the entire balance of your loan. You get an email stating that if you click here only the fees will be taken out. If you click anywhere in the email it sends you a reply stating they will take only the fees.
If you want to pay the loan entirely,you must call a number, leave a messge and hope that someone gets back to you.
I took a $200.00 loan on the premise that it said "free pay day loan" So far, I have paid $317.00. I stopped payment on my account. A gentlemen with a foreign accent called me at work. He offered me a settlement of $125 to clear the account. I said let me think about it. I just called back and they said that gentlemen no longer works there. I offered them $50 to close the account. The gentlemen on the phone told me I still owe $437.00. That is a total of $754 for a $200 loan.
I said "NO WAY"
I also told them I would send them a cashiers check for the pay off of $50.00. He said they no longer accept cashiers checks and they want their $437.00.
Well, I just sent them an email with an offer of $100.00 to pay off this loan. That is a total of $417.00 for a $200.00 loan.
Lets see if they take it. If not, I am done.
Should I have bothered making the last offer or should I just ignore them? I need legal advice.

Submitted by on Thu, 11/02/2006 - 16:06

Send them a settlement letter, there is a template on Polly's blog, you just need to insert your state's law. And it looks like you have paid back the principal and legal interest rate on a $200 loan. Demand they mark your account paid in full. These guys will claim they only have to go by UK laws, well then they shouldn't loan to US citizens because you want to do business with us, you are obligated to follow each state's individual pdl law. Don't fall for any of their "your under investigation for check fraud" "Your going to be arrested" threats, it's all bs. Stand firm with them. And you MUST file a complaint with your AGs office, this company is conducting business without a license and getting away with it.

Submitted by WHEREAMI? on Thu, 11/02/2006 - 16:12

WHEREAMI?

( Posts: 5263 | Credits: )

Thank you very much. Should I bother with the settlement or just call it quits?

Submitted by on Thu, 11/02/2006 - 23:46

They claim they are out of the UK, but their office is in Albany, NY.

Submitted by on Fri, 11/03/2006 - 04:55

Rout 66 funding is a complete rip off. In order to stop them from taking any money from your account,contact your bank and place a block on your account,so, that Route 66 will not have access to your account.

Submitted by on Mon, 11/06/2006 - 19:33

Does anybody know how i can get some money to help pay off some bills? My credit is not the best,yet, i'm trying to clean it up.

Submitted by on Mon, 11/06/2006 - 19:35

Missy, you can easily pay your debts through a debt consolidation program. You should register for the free consultation call and know your repayment options. You don't have to take any kind of loans for paying the present debts. There are many scammers around who will run away with the money by asking for money upfront. In the consolidation program, you don't put anything upfront. You make the monthly payments to the consolidation company and they post it to your creditors. This is one convenient method for paying the past debts and repair the bad credit.

Submitted by Flying Cats on Tue, 11/07/2006 - 08:51

Flying Cats

( Posts: 479 | Credits: )

Have the people who are complaining here paid the loan IN FULL or did you guys just keep renewing and then decide you'd paid them enough and closed your accounts? I'm not saying these people are operating properly- It just sounds to me like people may have renewed and renewed and then not paid the balance. Like any payday lender, the finance fee you pay doesn't count toward your principal so if you just kept renewing then technically you do still owe them the money. I have used them before and gotten stuck in the rut of having to renew time after time because unlike other payday lenders, they do not even give you the OPTION of paying down on the principal balance in installments. You HAVE to pay them either the finance fee only or repay the loan in full. That is how they trap you into the cycle of paying them over and over again.

Submitted by on Thu, 11/16/2006 - 13:46

I paid route 66 off with no problem- They never came back and debited my account for any further fees and luckily I did not have to change my account number or close the account. BUT I will be the first to tell anyone NOT to waste their time leaving messages for one of these people to call you back. If you leave a msg stating that you wish to pay off your loan they will NEVER call you. I did this for three days before I finally pushed the button for "new loan requests" whereby I got an operator on the phone IMMEDIATELY. I THEN told her that I wanted to pay off my loan and since then have had no problems. Just don't waste time with the messages because if you don't get a hold of someone at least three days before the next due date, they will double charge you.

Submitted by on Thu, 11/16/2006 - 13:55

Beware just doing stop payments on the amounts they are trying to take

We had a stop payment in place, and they went and changed the amount so it went through. They could feasibly do this a million times and we would have little recourse.

I am compalining to the Wisconsin Dept of Financial Institutions (banking commission) as well as with the attourney general's office. Even if it isn't a payoff, they should not be able to just keep trying to take money...slimy jerks.

I never recieved any paper applications or forms. That is illegal. These guys are sharks. I will probably end up having to close my account.

Submitted by on Mon, 11/27/2006 - 10:50

Ifound some very interesting info about rte66funding. I have found an address for theem in the UK and even the "director" of this sham. Another name that I found for them is CashToday LTD. I also found a number to get a live person without leaving messages Here it is.....

route66funding
Northway House
1379 High Road
London, N20LP
1-800-670-4075

the number above is the collections dept, but believe me, when you tell them that they are a sham and that you have a lawyer, as I have, they change their tune pretty quick. Apparently, the people in the UK are having problems with them too. I have a name of Aaron Gershfield as the director of these rip off artists.

Submitted by on Fri, 12/01/2006 - 07:30

Hey guys! It's me again. Today I got an email about my loan and who to contact because I closed my checking and got a lawyer. When I tried to give my attorney's name, she said he would have to contact them, so I said give me a VALID address to send paperwork to them. So guess what!!! They are not located in New York or London. They are located in Reno, Nevada. Here is the CORRECT address...

HBS Service INC.
1005 Terminal Way Suite 102
Reno, Nevada 88502
1-877-646-9618 (fax#)

Good luck to all you guys!!!!

Submitted by on Mon, 12/04/2006 - 08:46

Thanks for the information. We appreciate it. Kyside38

Submitted by KYSIDE38 on Mon, 12/04/2006 - 08:48

KYSIDE38

( Posts: 2477 | Credits: )

After reading all of you guys problems I've decided not to take out the loan. At first I was, I mean I even called the number but I kept getting disconnected. And when I called back I was told I had to call cutomer service at 1-800-564-7738 then they told me to call 1-800-564-7737. I called them back and thet told me to call the other number. So I just figured I don't need to take out this loan with a company like this. If they are having all these problems now just imagine how it would be when I needed a real question answered. So thankyou all and good luck with breaking them down for the fraudulent company that they really are.

Submitted by on Thu, 12/14/2006 - 09:25

I took out a loan with this business I use that term lightly. This was back in October. My bank acct. was closed earlier in Dec. and they continued to take the charges out, putting me farther in debt with the bank. I was contacted today from rt. 66 and the rep (who of course has difficulty with english) stated that I have an outstanding balance of $320 on my $300 loan. I informed them that my acct. was closed and I needed to make payment arrangements. I stated that state law dictates that a repayment plan can be no less than 4 equal installment payments. They told me that they would accept 4 payments of $100 each. Yes, that is right $400 on a $320 balance. I informed them of state law that they have to follow since they are operating in my state, they advised they can't break the $320 up into 4 equal payments and they are going to extend my loan again. Finally after speaking with a supervisor, I told her I would pay 3 payments of 107. I am definately filing with my states AG and BBB on them.

Submitted by on Thu, 12/28/2006 - 09:06

i borrowed 200.00 in nov.2006 this is march 2007 and they say i still owe 235.00 and i have paid them 420.00. i guess the only thing to do is close my acct.

Submitted by on Thu, 03/22/2007 - 09:17

just to reiterate something that's been mentioned a few times - putting a stop payment on this company will not stop them. They are well-known on this site for changing their company name or changing the dollar amount they are debiting from your account to get it pushed through. A stop payment is only good for one company name and one specific dollar amount - they've been known to try to pull the entire loan amount in a single debit, or two separate debits on the same day.

Submitted by SUEBEEHONEY70 on Thu, 03/22/2007 - 14:09

SUEBEEHONEY70

( Posts: 4583 | Credits: )