Skip to main content
index page

Ballys total fitness

Submitted by on Sat, 03/19/2005 - 06:38
Credits:
[Donate]

I recived a letter ststing that i owed 1743.28 for a membership, I did sing up for a membership but, when i arrived for Hawaii in 2001, but because of my job as a truck driver i could not go to the gym. I payed them $ 100.00, cash but never steped into any ballys gym after that first day. Now i owe them 1743.28, for something i never used, they made out. They out $100.00 from me, i got a membership card, is that membership card worth 1743.28. I did some looking around and found out that this happends a lot. Now dont get me wrong if i used the facility, sure i could see, but i never steped foot into that or any other ballys, My job just wont let me, i'm on the road 6 days out of 7 i just dont have the time, i do my own work out at home, a few sit up push ups and i'm good, that is all i have time for.

Call them and tell the truth and ask them to remove it from your credit report (as it can hurt your score). In case they don't respond positively, try to give them a final offer, a $250 offer to settle the debts.

They will agree :D

Submitted by BlogTintin on Sat, 03/19/2005 - 08:25

BlogTintin

( Posts: 168 | Credits: )

thats bogus .. check this out . i had a car payment of 420 bucks a month and i had the payments automaticly taken from my checking account. after i had payed them off they kept taking out my payments for 6 months . i bounced checks and payed bills far too late . although i did fix this problem with the moneys, i sent them bounced check letters from the bank and i also sent them my credit card statements showing my late fees. i got payed on all moneys they cost me but my credit report showed that i messed up .. can that be fixed ..... i think not.

Submitted by on Mon, 03/21/2005 - 09:44

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Quote:

i got paid on all moneys they cost me but my credit report showed that i messed up .. Can that be fixed.....? I think not.

It is not always possible to reverse it but still if will help, you can do 2 things to make it better,

2) If creditor doesn't take a step, then send the same letter to all the three bureaus. Also send the detailed proof. You must know that all are allowed to attach a 50 word statement to their credit report explaining the situation. I know this won't change the credit report, but the explanation will be send to anyone who asks for your credit report. Sometimes this helps to get a special consideration.

Submitted by simon on Mon, 03/21/2005 - 10:22

simon

( Posts: 307 | Credits: )