Skip to main content
index page

Ellis CRosby & Associates

Submitted by on Sun, 07/31/2005 - 18:24
Credits:
[Donate]

Please see the letter bleow that I faxed to Ellis, Crosby and Associates. Please feel free to use it should you need.

May 20, 2005
Mr. Paul Epstein
4494 Southside Boulevard, Suite 200
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Duval County
Dear Mr. Paul Epstein:
Subject: Contact
Effective immediately, I respectfully request all further contact be by US MAIL only. I will no longer tolerate harassing calls at work, nor do I authorize you or your company to contact anyone other than myself about this debt. I request written notice telling me the amount of money I owe and the name of the creditor(s) to whom I owe. Under the protection of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I am entitled to be treated with dignity and respect.
Your collection agency is in violation of the law by their actions stated as follows:

Constant calls to my work place after continuously advising my companies' policy on personal phone calls.
Belligerent, ridiculous, and insulting remarks from you or your staff.
Threatening to get my employer involve, which could result in termination of employment. (Stating I can keep my job if I pay an obscene amount of money within a 2 hour time frame)
Accusing me of fraud and the intent to fraud.
Threatening arrests
Contacting others I work with in regards to this debt.

After checking with the Better Business Bureau, I felt the need to inform them of your collection habits and will file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

**I have filed complaints with all list plus with the Attorney General of Florida. it is my full intention to go to any length to protect the rights I as an american consumer was given. I applaud all that does what it takes to protect their rights, KUDOS TO YOU!

sumwhatnormal

If the number indeed belonged to Ted Crosby, perhaps officials were finding out about their new location, and they had to close up once again, and move across town. It's rather odd, that after only hearing of this new company for about a month or so, that they are no longer able to get ahold of.

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Fri, 01/06/2006 - 06:22

Teleport

( Posts: 1388 | Credits: )

Approximately how many names are listed under the toll free number 866-225-4872. I had a loan with Ellis Crosby and Associates that I am currently trying to pay off now. I received a phone call from a female, who never stated her name. She just kept saying that this was an attempt to call and the number listed above was the number that she gave. When I called back, a lady answered the phone and just said "Security." When I told her that someone called me from this number, she asked for my social and just said that someone would call me back shortly. What is going on with these people? I keep receiving phone calls even though I am making payments to them.

Submitted by on Fri, 01/06/2006 - 08:12

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I have been screening my calls at work and I just had the foreign man leave me a message saying, " Is this the way that I treat people that try to help me? And that he was wishing me luck and he was processing my file right away"
Are we sure that this isn't anything serious, I am super scared that I am going to be arrested or something?

Submitted by on Fri, 01/06/2006 - 08:38

somewhatnormal

You have to be served with court papers first. Unless you're going all over town writing hot checks to BestBuy, Circuit City, 3 different markets, Wal-Mart, Mary Kay Cosmetics, etc... etc... then you won't be getting anyone coming to your work taking you to jail.

They make it nearly impossible to call anyone back, and also are fighting sending validation.

Do not worry. I would however manage some way to clear up this debt. Perhaps you can call the original lendor and find out who is suppose to be handling it. They'll give you the name, and hopefully address/phone number to contact. If its the same people, see what the AG office recommends after making a complaint.

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Fri, 01/06/2006 - 08:46

Teleport

I don't have anything like that out there!
I think that the police would be contacting me if I did, and I just got pulled over the other day and nothing was pulled up!! :)
I just got off the phone with the Federal Trade & Commissions office, they took down all the information and said they are in violation of many different things.
Then I called the 904 number back that I had and the person I needed to speak to wasn't available and I couldn't get any other information from the person.

Submitted by on Fri, 01/06/2006 - 09:52

Sumwhatnormal, don't be scared of the calls from collection agencies. Most of them try to scare people especially those who are far behind in their bills. Their main motive is to make fat money from the people.

If you are aware of your debt and take responsibility to pay it, the collection agency cannot do anything against you. Make sure that you pay to that company only who is holding your debt legitimately. If you pay it to a wrong company, your money will go wasted and some other company will again call you for the same account. Be proactive while dealing with such companies.

Submitted by david on Fri, 01/06/2006 - 11:04

david

( Posts: 1229 | Credits: )

I called the number back again and got a voicemail and haven't heard anything thus far.
I also had a friend of mine who is a lawyer call them to get their physical address and they told her that it was something that wasn't able to give out over the phone and that no business could do that. And ironically enough, they had told me prior that the only way to get the address was from a lawyer calling on my behalf. It still just scares, but I guess if I don't hear anything further, that may be a good sign.

Submitted by on Fri, 01/06/2006 - 11:27

sumwhatnormal

There are posts about Jacobi and Mayors in this forum. Place a search at the button given below in the left. All these are the fake names of Ellis Crosby. It's like they are coming up with new names whenever the previous name of doing business is at stake. Be careful from all of them. Know your federal rights before entering into any agreement with collection agency. Discuss it in the forums so that you can deal with them strongly.

Submitted by ben on Fri, 01/06/2006 - 13:39

ben

( Posts: 2034 | Credits: )

They called me and said that I had already been charged but I could settle outside of court and send a payment threw money gram. How ever, if I did not send the payment that I had to record agreeing to send , that it would be considered a failer to appear in court and that I would go to jail for check freud. I talked to two different people and could not really understand either one. How ever , I did get a name from the woman that I spoke with. Her name was Kachy Nave. Are these the same people that you are talking about ? Should they be reported for making such alligations ?

Submitted by on Wed, 01/11/2006 - 10:03

I'm not familiar with Jacoby & Meyers. It was first mentioned in this thread (Ellis Crosby), so I am not sure if they are affiliated, or just using that name because Jacoby & Meyers has nicer offices. Who knows....

But in the mean time, is Jacoby & Meyers making threats towards anyone? Has this name been used yet in an actual phone call towards anyone?

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Wed, 01/11/2006 - 10:09

Teleport

They called me once. But I guess that they become so frustrated with me that they hung up and haven't called for some time. I talked to one gentleman at first and requested validation. He then handed the phone to his supervisor and I again requested validation and asked what company this was with. He stated he was done talking to me and his company only wanted to tell me that a company??? was pursuing this matter further. Have no clue what company, what matter. God only knows...

Submitted by Htgt123 on Wed, 01/11/2006 - 10:51

Htgt123

( Posts: 156 | Credits: )

Htgt123

The company that called you was probably Ted Crosby's new company, "Interstate Collections". I can't any proof that "Interstate" is tied with Jacoby & Meyers. Thankfully, they don't have proof they are even allowed to collect on it. Sending proof would require too much effort on their part. They're probably watching their backs scared to death, and just that last high. That last high...being that extra dollar.

It's shameful to see someone go so far to make a living.

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Wed, 01/11/2006 - 10:55

Teleport

Said that if I did not make the payment that I said that I would, it would be considered a failure to appear in court.

Submitted by on Wed, 01/11/2006 - 11:07

concerned

Next time they mention failure to appear, mention to them that you asked for validation and provided your address. Tell them in order to appear in court, you have to be served papers by the sherrifs department.

Also mention that all calls that are incoming to your place of business or private residence are recorded, and that you are now counter-suing for harassment. Perhaps this will end there nonsense.

I also want to mention that, although, this may end their calls...you are still responsible for the debt and it could come back to from another agency. Have you tried calling the original lendor yet?

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Wed, 01/11/2006 - 11:15

Teleport

filed a complaint with federal trade and commissions. Also put a call into Consumer Affairs with in the state that I was suppose to sent my payments to.
Hopefully they will get what is coming to them sooner then later.

Submitted by on Wed, 01/11/2006 - 11:49

No, I have not called the original company yet.
I can not find their phone number. How ever, I know that I am responsible for what I owe and I did tell them that. I was going to call and tell them that I spoke with an attorney and they I was advised to get a mailing address and the name of the gentleman that I spoke with before sending any payments. I am going to wait and see if I hear back from consumer affairs and see what they have to say.

Thanks for the advise.

Submitted by on Wed, 01/11/2006 - 11:52

I also had a call from Jacoby and Meyers a couple weeks ago. When I asked for debt validation they simply replied "I'm not here to entertain you." When I asked for a mailing address I got the same response.

Do these Elis Crosby people have a weekly meeting where they learn a new catch phrase or word to continue using? Mortimer Kotch from Ellis Crosby once used the word "gumptious" about 30 times in a 10 minute phone call, and not once did he use it correctly.

Submitted by jeremyrudock on Wed, 01/11/2006 - 12:09

jeremyrudock

( Posts: 7 | Credits: )

MikeyinDetroit~
I have had contact with this Jacobi & Meyers and they are threatening me just the same. I even had a friend of mine who is a lawyer call them and still they couldn't give her any information. They told me that is was do to there legalities. She is a lawyer she knows what is going on, and besides that, I told them that I couldn't be contacted at work and he called me again telling me good luck and that all he was trying to do was help.

Submitted by on Thu, 01/12/2006 - 13:24

Concerned~
I had a my friend who is also a lawyer call them and ask for a mailing address and a validation letter and they told her that they couldn't give it out due to legal reasons?! She is a lawyer, but yet they still told her no.

Submitted by on Thu, 01/12/2006 - 13:29

sumwhatnormal

The next time they call you, explain that you had your attorney call to gather information about the company to make sure they were legit, and to get a mailing address to send in a cashiers check/money order. But because they refused to provide any information you have been left high and dry with the feeling that the company does not exist. Explain to them that the call is being recorded, and that you have asked for validation as well as ceasing telephone contact. Might want to aslo mention the call is being traced.

At this point, you have no other options besides making complaints and waiting, or falling into their trap and paying their outragous fees via Western Union/Money Gram.

Hopefully all will turn out for you, or anyone else having to deal with this company.

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Thu, 01/12/2006 - 17:12

Teleport

MikeyinDetroit~
That is a good idea, I just don't see, if it's legit, why they couldn't give out this information? That's what makes them sound so fishy. And the other thing is, the name they give me to make a Money Gram is Anthony Galloway, but when I had asked the "supervisor" for the name of the company, he told me Jacobi and Meyers, you think they would atleast know the name of the company!!
I am not going to pay them anything, not until I get validation. If it turns out to be legit, I just hope that the police don't come knocking like they state!
Which I don't think they can do, can they?

Submitted by on Fri, 01/13/2006 - 09:48

sumwhatnormal

The reasons behind them not wanting to provide you with validation is because they have NO RIGHT to collect. If this is the same company that Ted Crosby was operating, he's currently in big trouble the with the court systems.

Anthony Galloway started showing up as soon as Ted Crosby went away. I wonder if they are related, or he has another name. It's hard to get money picked up from MoneyGram, however if they have a business account it could be direct deposited. You could possibly make another complaint with MoneyGram and see where the money you are sending will go. Explain, without having to go into great detail, that you are leary about sending money to this person...and that you'd like to know where they are picking it up at.

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Fri, 01/13/2006 - 10:03

Teleport

Contact their customer service and ask for the consumer protection fraud department. I'm not really sure what their guidelines are, but they should at least tell how to file a complaint against someone who is using a business account for personal use.

English
1-800-MONEYGRAM
(1-800-666-3947)

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Fri, 01/13/2006 - 10:10

Teleport

sumwhatnormal - Their entire scheme is built on fear mongering. They scare you into paying them money, and in many cases they never actually credit that money to the account in question. They will call and tell you how you're being "investigated for a federal offense" and that whatever state you live in is a "zero-tolerance" state for your offense. They then demand payment immediately or else. That "or else" will never amount to anything. They will harrass you at your workplace, but you can be proactive in that regard by notifying your HR department and supervisor that you are being harrassed and that the company trying to reach you is currently under investigation by the AG of the state of Florida.

Submitted by jeremyrudock on Fri, 01/13/2006 - 10:11

jeremyrudock

JeremyRudock~
I sure do hope that you are correct in this, but after reading all these peoples' statement, I don't think that many can be wrong. I just wish that they would leave me be, I hate to worry about such a thing.

Submitted by on Fri, 01/13/2006 - 11:43

Thanks so much for posting this letter Rich. I recently dealt with Prelitigation Services as well as United Federal Bank, all over the same loan. The collector who initially called me said he was from United Federal Bank. When I asked to speak with his supervisor, he forwarded me to a guy in Prelitigation Services. They said I owed $520. I told them I would settle with them for $420 but that is all I could afford and they accepted it. The day after I paid them, I got a call from ERwin Koch (who has been talked about on this website) about the same debt. I told him I had already paid this the day before and gave him the Moneygram Tracking number. He told me that was fine and as long it was resolved it was fine. Now I find by reading some of these posts that Ellis Crosby and Assoc. are possible the same thing as Prelitigation Services and United Federal Bank. Since I settled with them instead of paying the regular amount they requested, do you think I should send them the letter you posted Rich?? I am afraid after reading all these horror stories, they may come back on me.

Submitted by on Thu, 03/16/2006 - 13:35

If you've received any threats at all from any of these companies, then you need to file a complaint. Ted Crosby is not suppose to be collecting at all, any proof that can be provided to the AG office will help them in their case. The FL AG's office is handling it. If you register as a member on this site, I can forward the information to you in a private message.

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Thu, 03/16/2006 - 13:50

Teleport

Has anyone heard anything about the court date that was suppose to have taken place in December? I wrote under a different title but I have received no response so thought I'd try to write here since this seems to be more active than the other area is.

I know that Amy Sands of the Attorney General's Office in Florida was filing a law suit and a I had forwarded her an affidavit stating what happened to me and she said in December she would get back with me. I've tried to get in touch with her a few times but to no avail. It is now March and stil have not heard anything.

IF anyone has any information to forward, please do so or if they have someone I could talk to regarding this please let me know who they would be.

Much appreciated.

Submitted by gardnerjl on Sun, 03/19/2006 - 15:56

gardnerjl

( Posts: 184 | Credits: )

Hi, Mikey. Thanks very much. I have tried to register on site and it keeps saying my password is not valid. I will continue to try as I would like to get the address for the Florida AG. In the meantime, do you think I should send a letter to them advising them not to call me at work?? I did pay the one loan but have one more outstanding and I think it has been turned over to this collection agency even though I am trying to deal with the original company. The original company is working with me but says they cannot retrieve it back from the collection agency unless I pay at least half of it. I cannot come up with that until the end of the month and I cannot have these people calling me at work again! It is scaring me!

Submitted by on Mon, 03/20/2006 - 07:44

You should definitely send the cease comm letter. State clearly not to call you at your work. Specify the number and time to call you. You can also tell them to contact you through mails only.

Visit the link below to visit the website of Attorney General of Florida-

http://myfloridalegal.com/

BTW, have you registered with this site? You can try the ???forgot my password' link in the log in page of this site. Keep us posted.

Submitted by stanley on Mon, 03/20/2006 - 10:05

stanley

( Posts: 1639 | Credits: )

I am also wondering about the case against Ellis, Crosby, and Associates. I filled out paperwork and sent it back to the Attorney General's Office. Ellis, Crosby and Associates are insane and would do anything to get money from people. I got the threatening phone calls as well over a 5 month period. I paid up the first time, but I found this site and wasn't going to pay them the second time they came calling wanting money from me. So if anyone gets any information about this case, please forward the information to me please. I appreciate it.

Submitted by ChocolateBeauty on Tue, 03/21/2006 - 18:23

ChocolateBeauty

( Posts: 55 | Credits: )

I have written a cease and desist letter to Ellis Crosby and have tried to fax it a number of times. However, the fax will not go through. I keep getting a busy signal. The number I am using is 904-928-0722. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Submitted by on Wed, 03/22/2006 - 07:14

Hi I just got a call from these people and she said that she was from the pre litigation breau and she couldnt give me the name of the company that I got this payday loan from. She said the company has changed names a few times within the last year. I asked her the reasons behind that and she didnt have an answer for me. Just that she didnt know. She said something about US Bank or something like that which I remembered that when Ellis and Crosby had called me a few months back they said the same thing. The number she gave me was866-201-4603 and her name was Jessica Henderson. I think its that same people and she said she didnt know anything about them. I think she is lying. Has anyone else gotten calls from these people????

Submitted by amberreyes1979 on Wed, 03/22/2006 - 14:58

amberreyes1979

( Posts: 38 | Credits: )

Im not sure but I think so. Did she call you too??? I figured that it was the same people because she didnt want to give me any info and she kept putting me on hold everytime that I would ask her a question. I told her that I wasnt sending money to joe blow off the street if I dont know what that h*** the company I was paying for. But if I know that she called other people than I know that its the same company different name. When I asked her about Ellis and Crosby she said she never heard of them.

Submitted by amberreyes1979 on Wed, 03/22/2006 - 15:26

amberreyes1979

Im not sure but I think so. Did she call you too??? I figured that it was the same people because she didnt want to give me any info and she kept putting me on hold everytime that I would ask her a question. I told her that I wasnt sending money to joe blow off the street if I dont know what that h*** the company I was paying for. But if I know that she called other people than I know that its the same company different name. When I asked her about Ellis and Crosby she said she never heard of them.

Submitted by amberreyes1979 on Wed, 03/22/2006 - 15:26

amberreyes1979

I live in Florida and filed a complaint against them and I received a call from the Office of Financial Regulations office here and they told me they are still trying to get their licensed pulled I also told him I believe they are operating under other names he found that interesting.

Submitted by raffi on Thu, 03/23/2006 - 10:14

raffi

( Posts: 123 | Credits: )

Anthony Galloway & Associates
4494 Southside Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32216

(904) 483-5040

Submitted by on Wed, 03/29/2006 - 07:57

Anyone heard anything new about the suit filed with the Florida Attorney General's Office. I spoke with the lady handling the case about 2 weeks ago but have not heard anything new.

Just wanted to get an update.

Thanks, in advance, for any information.

Submitted by gardnerjl on Tue, 04/11/2006 - 07:25

gardnerjl

( Posts: 184 | Credits: )

HI, I keep getting a call from someone about a payday loan and when they leave me a message I could barely hear what the guy is saying. I was able to get the number by playing the message over and over. The number I got was 904-665-5008. Is this the same company? I know this loan was paid off already. Not sure I want more info before I call.

Submitted by on Tue, 04/11/2006 - 09:14

These guys are collecting under so many names and not remitting to their clients. If anyone gets a call from a collection agency with a 904 area code, assume it is Ellis Crosby.

Submitted by on Thu, 04/13/2006 - 06:05

904-685-5008, I think this is Ellis Crosby as well. Been there, Done that.

Submitted by snucky381 on Thu, 04/13/2006 - 10:55

snucky381

Does anyone know if Ted Crosby is still in business? Does he have a law suit against him? Is the business still on Southside Blvd., Jacksonville, FL? Has he been investigated? (fraud). Any info is appreciated.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/19/2006 - 07:32