Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Collection agencies and creditors forums

Has anyone had any transactions with Cash Today, Ltd.

member profile picture

Has anyone had any transactions with this pay-day loan "company", located out of Reno, NV? I've explained to them, literally seven times, in the past 24 hours, that I'm working with a debt consolidation company, who will be contact them to set up a payment plan, and they are calling, over and over again. Now they've reached the point, when calling me at work, while I was in the restroom, and my boss answered the phone, of accusing her of lying for me and refusing to put the call through to me. I've told everyone who calls, from this company to call my home or cell, but they continue to call my company and I'm really worried that their harassment of my co-workers, not to mention manager, are going to jeopardize my job... Help!

PLease do that. A lot of people come here looking for that type of consolidation, so I am sure it will be beneficial

Sub: #11 posted on Sun, 09/11/2005 - 21:12

Rhonda28 Rhonda28

(Posts: 411 | Credits: )

I have filed a complaint with the Nevada Attorney General's office. If everyone who has had this experience will do the same, Cash Today will not be able to continue to harrass. I have sent cease and desist letters and their way around it was to call my supervisor. So I sent another and so they call continuously at my work number and threaten to "MAKE SURE I LOOSE MY JOB" We all neeed to do what is necessary to stop this type of harrassment!

Sub: #12 posted on Mon, 09/12/2005 - 10:29

Unregistered

In the "cease & desist" letter I sent to them, I specifically wrote "I do not authorize you, or any representative of your company, to contact anyone other than myself regarding this matter." Of course, I have no idea if that will do any good...nothing seems to work...

Sub: #13 posted on Mon, 09/12/2005 - 10:37

Unregistered

This company keeps calling for one of my employees and is seriously interrupting the daily business of our offices. I have explained TO CTL that employees are not allowed to take personal calls here and have asked them countless times to stop calling, but they refuse. How can I end this harassment? Our company has nothing to do with this!

Sub: #14 posted on Mon, 09/12/2005 - 13:41

Unregistered

Hi mcbride03

Welcome to the forums. You can send a cease and desist letter to the company through certified mail with return receipt requested. As per the fdcpa law, they are required to stop communication with you after you refuse any telephonic conversation with them. In that letter, they also need to provide the details of the debt for which they are contacting you.

If they still contact you in spite of your sending the letter to them, you can take legal actions against them on charges of legal harassment.

Regards
Roxette

Sub: #15 posted on Mon, 09/12/2005 - 15:49

roxette roxette

(Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

oh my word. i am dealing with the same eact thing from the same exact company. they continously call me at work when i repeatedly tell them not to. now they call and ask for my supervisor. i tell them that i am getting the amount together but they keep calling. i don't know what to do either!!!!

Sub: #16 posted on Tue, 09/13/2005 - 10:34

Unregistered

Hi Lindsey

Welcome to the forums. If you research this forum, you will find many other consumers with the same problem that you are going through.

I will suggest you to send a cease and desist letter in writing through certified mail and return receipt requested. Please mention that you refuse to take any phone calls and will correspond through mails only.

If they still continue to contact, it will violation of the fdcpa law and you can consult your attorney.

Regards
Roxette

Sub: #17 posted on Tue, 09/13/2005 - 11:08

roxette roxette

(Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

I just faxed them a cease and desist letter. Do you think I should mail the hard copy?
I'm so sick of it, I was actually crying to my co-worker today (we're close friends)

Sub: #18 posted on Tue, 09/13/2005 - 11:11

Unregistered

Lindsey, you have not done anything wrong, then why should you cry for this? Believe me, there are so many others like you who are undergoing pain from Cash today.

Take the stronger side of yourself and send them the hard copy through certified mail only with return receipt requested. This way, you will be able to track your communication have a valid proof also.

Sub: #19 posted on Tue, 09/13/2005 - 11:56

ben ben

(Posts: 2034 | Credits: )

It just upsets me that you continuously call me at work. I can't afford to lose my job over this. Hard copy ready to go.. will go out in tomorrow's mail. Thanks so much you guys!!!

Sub: #20 posted on Tue, 09/13/2005 - 12:20

Unregistered

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.916 seconds.