Skip to main content
index page

ICS Financial Group

Submitted by on Thu, 04/06/2006 - 14:54
Credits:
[Donate]

Has anyone actually received a loan by dealing with ICS Financial Group? I was told that their consulting/collective fee is 75.00. The proposed loan amount is 5000.00 from a bank called Universal something or other.

I received a CONGRATULATIONS letter that I can receive a personal loan between 2000 and 5000 dollars. I did not know where this came from so when I searched for their website I got this one and am glad I did. Now adays just about everyone could use some extra cash. I'm glad I didn't just go ahead and send their form back without checking it out first. Thanks everyone.

Submitted by on Wed, 01/03/2007 - 17:40

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

BEWARE of this guy Lei Wong Financial, says he will guarantee a loan, sends the loan docs after you send your bank info. I got scamed out of 1749.00. Says it was a secured fee for a 10,000.00 loan. My bank returned the money to me but I had to close everything. They even have my SSN now. so anything I do I have to watch. Now I can't even get a loan or anything since my credit is so messed up.
They are working with a London England address and a Nigerian phone exchange. Just Beware, if you see this name Lei Wong RUN!

Submitted by taki2u on Thu, 01/04/2007 - 05:20

taki2u

( Posts: 88 | Credits: )

Ok, I received the 3-page contract about 2 weeks ago and it said that I had to send in the $75 processing fee by January 5 in order to "get the ball rolling." He said that Universal Financial would contact me within a couple of days from our initial phone converstaion and, well, they didn't. So, I called him like 5 times over the last 3 days and he never responded. I chose to wait to send the $75 until Universal Financial contacted me regarding the details of the loan and I'm glad I did, because this is a complete and total hoax. Whatever you do, do not fall for this!

Submitted by on Thu, 01/04/2007 - 09:55

i got one of thoes letters too. i am glad i bumbed into this site.

thanks

Submitted by on Tue, 01/09/2007 - 15:46

my mother too got the same letter in the mail and then she faxed it to them too. She filed out all the paper work and right before she sent it in we decided to look it up on line. My boyfriend realized that the address on the web site and on the page doesn't match. The phone numbers are the same but her address was in Moore,OK and on here it said Oklahoma city. So I called this morning five times trying to figure out where to send the money to. It took the guy over two hours to call back. When he finally did I asked him why the address did not add up because I wanted to know where to send the money. He told me that the one on the internet was the main office and to send it to the one on the paper that I got. I asked him which back he would be having my mother used( he had forgotten that my mom had asked that last night) he told me universal something even though he had told her Washingtone Mutual. I kept on asking how could someone get turned down and he kept studdering and acting strange. When I looked Universal Bank up it is a bank out of the country. Kinda weird don't you think. I called back but of course it went straight to answering machine. Do you not think it is alittle strange that all the time it goes straight to voice mail if this is a big name company. Thank goodness I saved the $75 for my mother. Isn't it alittle strange that these people have a phone number with there name on it, can send you this information, and have scammed so many people out of money but nothing has happened to them. i wish that there was a way to get this stopped. DOes anyone have any idea on how to get the caught

Submitted by whitney_campbell1981 on Wed, 02/14/2007 - 12:11

whitney_campbell1981

( Posts: | Credits: )

I too received the application page. When I called the number I consistently got an answering service no matter what time of day it was. I too believe this is a fraud company just collecting processing fee. Be aware of people who target the needy. I believe it too be a scam

Submitted by on Fri, 02/23/2007 - 08:13

I also received the solicitation for a guaranteed loan of $5000. is you send in $75. for advance fee for this guaranteed load. THIS IS A SCAM! My review of this company ICS reveals that no one has ever gotten a loan, but if you send in the $75. you will never see it again and never receive any financial service for it. Everyone complain to the BBB, FTC and Atty Gen.

Submitted by on Sun, 02/25/2007 - 02:58

I am also glad I found this website. I thought it was to good to be true so I went online and checked it out first. I also got the 3 page general agreement with no information on interest rate, etc. I got the money order but have it sitting in front of me and of course after reading everything from this website, I know this $75.00 is going back in the bank. Thanks again to everyone. Also, if this Steven (MGR) is licensed and bonded, how is he still getting away with this?

Submitted by on Tue, 02/27/2007 - 08:53

I recived this 3 letter last week,but somehitng in mind told me check the background of this ICS financial and look it that how this guy steven still info and somebody's money this is a real fraud
thank's you for every one who put this messages.

Submitted by on Tue, 03/06/2007 - 15:12

I sent in the 75 and i did recieve my loan of 3000 ty

Submitted by on Wed, 03/07/2007 - 00:34

Kimberly and Guest (one and the same?):

My advice on your question is this - research this thread and research the internet about advanced fee loans, and then come to your conclusion.

If you want my personal opinion, I would say it is NOT legit, and you will more than likely be ripped off. The FTC has spoken about the exact type of loan you are hoping to secure through ICS here, so I would avoid them.

Submitted by jedijeff13 on Thu, 03/08/2007 - 05:39

jedijeff13

( Posts: 1734 | Credits: )

Thanks jedijeff13. You really saved me! I am trying to get my credit together and I would have been scammed. Is there anyway we can report this guy Steve??

Submitted by on Thu, 03/08/2007 - 17:05

I also recived the 3 pages and lo and behold ,like all of you ,I dediced to check it out .Too good to be true. God is watchung over us all unless we would have been out of $75.00 /WARNING ,if you call and don't reach an office with at least 10 extentions to tranfer to .ITS A SCAM .......Let's all pray for a financial blessing and sacrifice something for God .He hears our cry and will provide all our needs.I was just told by my landlord that I have to move if I cant pay rent .This 5000 loan woul have been right on time. I know God will bless me .Have a great day all and be careful

Submitted by on Tue, 03/13/2007 - 16:35

how many people who did send in money.. got their loan?

Submitted by on Tue, 03/13/2007 - 19:52

OKAY everyone listen up!! The one page letter that comes first has several typo's on it. Doesn't that clue anyone in to the fact that this place is not professional and probably not reliable? I also believe the two short posts on this site that says the person received their money are probably from STEVEN himself trying to calm everyone down and get some more poor souls to lose their money! Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!

Submitted by on Mon, 03/19/2007 - 14:20

i also received a one page loan application for $2000 - $5000 loan. i faxed in the application but have not heard from them since. the phone number on their application is 405-616-1111. phone message states someone named stephen will return your call. no reply or return call. all indications is that this is a fraudulent company running a loan scam.

Submitted by on Wed, 03/21/2007 - 12:33

i like to know the web page of the ftc so i can send a
note stating what is going on with this company and i
do believe many more. thanks my emails is
email address removed as per forum rules - Mike

Submitted by on Wed, 03/21/2007 - 14:38

I too have recieved the letter in the mail for the personal loan. thought I would check it out because form didn't look professional. I even called the 405-616-1111 number on the form. All I could ever get was a answering machine telling me that I have reached Anthony, the manager at ICS. If this was a legit firm, wouldn't there be more than just one person working for it? Sounds funny to me. Good thing I got on here and found all of this also. No way am I sending the form in. Really does sound like a good scam though.

Submitted by on Fri, 03/23/2007 - 12:03

I too recieved a letter yesterday, and wanted to check it out on line first. i had a feeeling it was too good to be true, and as I now see it is.

Submitted by on Tue, 03/27/2007 - 05:33

I hope you don't mind me replacing that pic, C&Mmom. When viewing and zooming in, your name and address were viewable underneath your pen blackout, so I did a little more cleaning for you.

But THANK YOU!!! I am so glad to see one of these, and hopefully people who recognize the form will steer clear of it. What a great find!

Submitted by jedijeff13 on Wed, 03/28/2007 - 08:19

jedijeff13

( Posts: 1734 | Credits: )

I too have received a letter from them. I checked them out online...but unfortunately, I was not brought to this site. I sent the money...but I will not send the 55.00 for the membership fee for the loan from Universal Financial. They are also on a fraud list. Does anyone know of any company that is legitimate?

Submitted by on Wed, 03/28/2007 - 16:50

Some people decide that their credit is really jacked-up and need a little repair. I too fell stupid to the scam and desire financial funds for this fake,phony heartless companies. These companies give people that desire to clean up their credit to chance in hell!!!

Some people have real desires to clean their credit up ! Instead of scam people with really bad credit or low credit scores they damn near humiliate people and take their hard earn money!!!

Thanks!

Submitted by on Tue, 04/03/2007 - 19:58

well i did send the money,that was before i came to this web site. did i lose my money? please tell me i did not. if i did,what can i do?

Submitted by on Fri, 04/13/2007 - 14:06

I stupidly sent the money and now just decided to search the internet for information and got to this sight. You are right it does not help with any debt problems. I hope others contact FTC to take this guy down.

Submitted by on Sat, 04/14/2007 - 07:41

I just faxed in my form and THEN felt like something wasn't right. I google'd ICS and one of the results was this site. I just resent the form, but this time I referenced this site with a promise to report them to the SEC and the FTC if they pull my credit. I don't know if it is an example of predatory lending. I do know that I didn't go from being homeless 15 years ago to being a landlord, "property flipper" and mortgage executive so that someone can come along and steal my identity or steal my money under false pretenses.

Submitted by on Mon, 04/16/2007 - 18:50

I also feel into the trap just recently. I mailed in the $75 dollars and now 3 weeks later I have not recieved and money, letters, nothing. I have tried to call several times and have gotten no answer. So i did the only thing i could do.....I filed a complaint with the federal trade comminsion, bureau of consumer protection.

Submitted by on Tue, 04/24/2007 - 21:53

Stop being harassed:
Sample Debt Validation/Cease and Desisit letter. Do not pay a collection agency any money without first sending this letter. If you have any questions, please contact Anthony.

Quote:

(Your name)
(Your address

Collection company name
Company address

(Date)

Re: Acct# 00000000

To whom it may concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on March 8th, 2050. Please be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

This is NOT a request for "verification" or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.

Please provide me with the following:

1. What the money you say I owe is for
2. Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe
3. Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe
4. Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable
5. Identify the original creditor
6. Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account
7. Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state
8. Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent

At this time I will also inform you that if your offices have reported invalidated information to any of the 3 major credit Bureaus (Equifax, Experion or TransUnion) this action might constitute fraud under both federal and State Laws. Due to this fact, if any negative mark is found on any of my credit reports by your company or the company that you represent, I will not hesitate in bringing legal action against you for the following:

1. Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act-reporting inaccurate information
2. Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act-continuing collection activity on a debt which has not been validated

Also during this validation period, if any action is taken which could be considered detrimental to any of my credit reports, I will consult with my legal counsel for suit. This includes listing of any information to credit reporting repository that could be inaccurate or invalidated or verifying an account as accurate when in fact there is no provided proof that it is.

REQUEST FOR CEASE AND DESIST OF CONTACT BY YOUR OFFICE: I would also like to request, in writing, no further contact, either in writing or telephone be made by your office to my home or to my place of employment, unless it is to provide validation or release of liability of the debt. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit.

It would be advisable that you assure that your records are in order before I am forced to take legal action. This is an attempt to correct your records; any information obtained shall be used for that purpose.

Thank you,

Signature
Printed name

Submitted by Anthony Lemons on Tue, 04/24/2007 - 22:31

Anthony Lemons

( Posts: 1828 | Credits: )

I got the same letter for a loan from this company. I also think it's not right. I had left a msg for the manager Steven and I was shocked that he did call me back. I talked to him and asked him how this works and he claims they are the middle man and not the actual loan company. They just charge the 75.00 fee for their company to hook you up with the loan company. Universal Financial is the company that is giving the loan. I had sent in the first form and requested 3,000 he said that it is a 4 year loan with 12% interest. It still sounds to good to be true. I am going to contact the better business bureau to see if I can get any info on this company.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/25/2007 - 07:33

I have also received all information regarding ICS and they sent me the 3 page contract. I will for sure rip it up and through it out!

Submitted by on Thu, 04/26/2007 - 11:46

I had no problems with this company. My loan was reviewed over the phone and was sent within 2 weeks of sending my $75.00

Submitted by on Tue, 05/01/2007 - 06:27

Unbelieveable! How do these companies get away with this kind of craziness? Think about all of the people who may not be as sceptical and/or people who are down right hopeless and in financial despair, who are just ready to try anything... $75.00 later by 100 poor people and I know that # is extremely low, this BOGUS COMPANY/PEOPLE is/are $7500.00 richer! Someone needs to go after them!

Submitted by on Wed, 05/02/2007 - 09:59

I also sent 75.00 to these dumb ass people and he has not called me back since then,I've left several messages and still no respond,anyone dealing with this company watch out.

Submitted by on Mon, 05/21/2007 - 14:26

Hello:

I just contacted the BBB and the FTC in regards to this compnay. The only that I am scared of is that they have my SSN and if they tried to use that or something. I mean, if they want to go to jail,by all means go ahead, but leave me alone. By the way, they are still in practice.

Submitted by on Tue, 05/22/2007 - 13:17

so today my grandfather received one of these letters. he's been trying to get a loan for a few weeks now with no luck. we were pretty excited about this but something didn't seem right to me so i googled the phone number and came up with this! thank you so much!!

p.s. has anyone tried that prosper.com?

Submitted by on Tue, 05/29/2007 - 21:35

I also received that letter and was about to send the money unyil I typed in ICS and it brung me here they need to be locked up for fraud

Submitted by on Wed, 05/30/2007 - 18:20

My husband and I were going to send in the money for the loan until I decided to look it up! And now we're not anymore. Thank you so much.

Submitted by on Sat, 06/02/2007 - 16:24

Well I Called and spoke with Steven and I put the number in a search and ics financial firm came up.

Submitted by on Tue, 06/05/2007 - 05:47

I have another number in which a lady called me it is 1-405-793-2499, when I called she acted as if she was scared to talk, she was like contact steven he knows all of the questions

Submitted by on Tue, 06/05/2007 - 05:57