Skip to main content
index page

ICS Financial Group

Submitted by on Thu, 04/06/2006 - 14:54
Credits:
[Donate]

Has anyone actually received a loan by dealing with ICS Financial Group? I was told that their consulting/collective fee is 75.00. The proposed loan amount is 5000.00 from a bank called Universal something or other.

I have sent them the 75 dollars and have yet to receive anything back from them. I would like to know if anyone out there has received any money from this ICS. please email me at: email address removed as per forum rules - Mike

Submitted by on Thu, 06/28/2007 - 08:40

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

i received this 3 page form saying that we were guaranteed 5,000. I am very skeptical because we have been scammed a couple times already. Through the mail and online. So if anyone has received money from these people let me know... ICS Financial Firm based out of 229 n. service rd suite 1 moore oklahoma 73160 and the phone was 14056161111 and the manager is steven...

email address removed as per forum rules - Mike

Submitted by on Tue, 07/03/2007 - 13:29

little, and all the rest -

This company asks for money upfront prior to issuing any loan. That, in my opinion, has them falling into the "advanced fee loan" category, which tends to be a scam:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/tmarkg/loans.shtm

I would find a better avenue to secure a loan, besides this company.

Submitted by jedijeff13 on Thu, 07/05/2007 - 06:03

jedijeff13

( Posts: 1734 | Credits: )

I wanted to let everyone know that I called them everyday, every hour. Finally I received a call back from a Melissa on Saturday 7/7/07 from 405-793-7280. The other numbers I called were 405-793-2499 & 405-616-1111. They are suppose to be sending me paperwork from the bank they deal with but I was told that I didn't have to pay the 55.00 fee that the bank wants. Why should their be a fee from a bank if they are to be legit.

Submitted by on Mon, 07/09/2007 - 09:16

Im glad i found this website too got the same contract but was a little fishy about sending them the money

Submitted by on Mon, 07/09/2007 - 20:22

I too just received this notice and will not respond thanks to the information provided by the other participants. Thanx. I can't afford to lose any money right now.

Submitted by on Thu, 07/12/2007 - 14:23

I too received this paperwork from manager Steven at 1-405-616-1111. Unfortunately, I did not research it before I sent the $75.00. I have called everyday at least two times a day and have not received any calls back. I am sure now after seeing this site that it is a scam.

Submitted by on Thu, 07/12/2007 - 20:06

I just recieved a call back as well as a three page letter requesting 479.00 to take care of all my expense incurred w/ a grant they were able to secure for me in the amount of $25,000.

Submitted by on Mon, 07/16/2007 - 13:47

I just got my contract also. But the fine print says that they don't guarantee anything...no matter what Steve said on the phone. I think I will stick with the fine print. Black and White stands up in court more than verbal.

Submitted by on Mon, 07/23/2007 - 18:30

I got the letter, faxed over my info and got a call from this so called "ICS". I wasn't home, they left a message. A woman saying I was guaranteed a $5000 loan. I got the contract. Not much of a contract. Didn't say anything about the conditions like interest rates or payback conditions. I called and left a message. This Steve guy called me back. I asked why the $75? He said it was their fee for getting me the loan. Right there convinced me that it was BS!! I asked more questions and he told me that they dealt with a company called Universal Financial. I looked them up and saw that there were a lot of universal financial groups. Then I saw this site.

Needless to say, do not do it!!!!!!!!!

My only fear is that I sent them my social security #.
Should I be? Please let me know.

Submitted by on Tue, 07/24/2007 - 14:00

I hear some people got the loan. I to rec'd the loan and just got my money order. I talked to steve twice and never answers the phone he calls back days later. Has anyone else rec'd a loan from these people. Is there a loan company that will help people with bad credit.

Submitted by on Sun, 07/29/2007 - 16:55

I recieved this letter in the mail with an application attached, i faxed them the completed app, and recieved a call for a 5,000 dollar loan. I am suppost to recieve more paper work in a few days.. as i am reading i guess i should not be excited! has anyone recieved the promised loan???

Submitted by on Thu, 08/02/2007 - 09:40

I to recieved a paper about the loan and now since I've seen this I've ripped up my paper and threw it in the garbage. Thank you so much for this.

Submitted by on Fri, 08/03/2007 - 14:05

I sent in the $75, but it never arrived. So now I'm out $15 while Western Union refunds my money, I wish I had found this site first!!

Submitted by on Thu, 08/09/2007 - 14:34

I'm glad II received a ltr from

ICS Financial firm
229 N Service Rd Suite 1
Moore, OK 73160
1-405-616-1111
They say they are *Licenced and Bonded* and they are bonded with the Dept of Consumer Credit in OK

Letter says that I am approved for a 3,500 loan and it would cost $75 for a consulting/collective fee to continue to process this loan
Says that i am Guaranteed this loan thru a 2nd party loan company..I called the OK dept of consumer credit and was told that they are listed on their website (which I did go online to check out and they were) and that they were covered in case of a law suits...asked if it was legal for them to ask for money for loans ..the person said that it was

website for consumer credit
http://www.okdocc.state.ok.us/
go to credit service organizations on the left hand side
click on view the credit service rosters then click on in state there you will find this company under the city moore and thier info

So if anyone has anymore info about this company or has dealt with them please let me know

thanks
pat

Submitted by patstrat47 on Sat, 08/11/2007 - 09:51

patstrat47

( Posts: | Credits: )

Any time a loan company ask for any money always be careful because most are fraud. If anyone says they will send you money orders be carefull because there is alot of that also going around. I know because I was caught up in this circle and am now in debt 22034.98 in more debt and the bank is sueing me for the money because I cashed the check and payed my bills off. BE CAREFULL WHAT YO DO. :D

Submitted by on Tue, 08/14/2007 - 10:01

[color=Cyan][/color]i have sent in my 75 dallars and i have never received my loan yet for 2000 dallars this guy steve wont even call me back now since he got my 75 dallars. i am gonna take legal action towards this company they are a scam

Submitted by on Sun, 09/02/2007 - 11:35

i want people to never deal with this steve guy all he do is rip people off. o sent in my 75 dallars and never heard from this man again after he got my money he stopped returning my calls. i am taking legal action on this ****

[color=Red]****Adult term removed - Jason[/color]b

Submitted by on Sun, 09/02/2007 - 11:43

I just received papers too and there are typos in the contract! I was very leary about sending the $75. Steve always calls back but never answers the phone. How is he still able to do this after all these complaints...Please email me if you or anyone you know has received money from this money. I could really use the money, but can't afford to lose money....

Submitted by on Mon, 09/17/2007 - 10:39

Ok, thanks to this site I just tore up my papers. It hurt to tear them up cause I need the money, but this is clearly a scam. Thanks to everyone who has posted!!

Submitted by on Mon, 09/17/2007 - 10:45

:oops: I am so glad i looked up this web site and found all of your blogs i was going to send the money on friday . thank God for all of you :shock:

Submitted by on Mon, 09/17/2007 - 21:54

I just got these papers in the mail wanting the 75 dollars. I called Steve and he returned my call and said that it was his fee. I didn't feel right so I went to the internet and put in ICS financial and Thank God I didn't send my money into these people.

Submitted by on Tue, 09/18/2007 - 06:33

I was going to send in the money but i heard if someone is going to lend you money you dont pay up front. I love you guys. Iam so broke i was going to take a chance but since i read all your blogs,i know its a scam and the papers are going in the trash.
Thanks guys

Submitted by on Tue, 09/18/2007 - 18:07

Sounds like a 'Purpose loan/Cash Call' thing. If they are asking for a "processing fe", you probaly will never see that fee OR the money they promise.

Submitted by sdchargers_63 on Tue, 09/18/2007 - 18:48

sdchargers_63

( Posts: 1798 | Credits: )

I sent in my papers with my important information on it, private information and now I read that he is a scam artist. I an disappointed but at least I didn't send him money. I wouldn't have anyway.

Submitted by on Sun, 09/30/2007 - 20:14

I came home stressed from my bills to see this letter that I can get 2-5 thousand as a personal loan.. My Public service id due to get cut of anyday now so I thought this was a great oppurtunity... I sent in my info, but didn't get anything back that asked me to send in money yet... Thank God I googled the name and found you guys telling it all. I may be broke,but I don't want to be scammed on what little I have... Thanks
KC

Submitted by on Tue, 10/02/2007 - 06:57

I always check the net before i make a big decision on something like this, I am so glad I found this site before I sent in any of my paper work.
ICS FINANCIAL FIRM
229 N SERVICE RD.
SUITE 1
MOORE,OK 73160
1-405-616-1111
RESENTLY SENT ME THE SAME LETTER STATING I WAS APPROVED FOR A $5,000.00 LOAN AND I ALMOST TOOK IT UNTIL I FOUND THISSITE THANK YOU SO MUCH

Submitted by on Tue, 10/02/2007 - 13:27

I'm not sure if this is where I'm suppose to leave this message but here it goes. I almost made a huge mistake. This company called ICS is definitely not legite. I really needed to hear from you guys. Thanks so much I am going to report this company to the better business bureau.

Submitted by on Fri, 10/05/2007 - 13:42

I also thought it was to good to be true. But what made me start thinking more about it is how in the world would ICS, or any other so called company would think that somebody would just give them their SS# without even speaking with anyone. It's really sad how they are still able to send this letters to people and have not been investigated or prosecuted for fraud. It goes to show how messed up the economy is that people are in such need of money that they are willing to put themselves in a situation in which they are willing to give out such vital info as their SS# and not even thinking about idenity theft. I HOPE THAT THEY ARE STOPPED SOON AND PUNISHED. WE JUST HAVE TO KEEP PUTTING THE MESSAGE OUT THERE SO WARN EVERYBODY YOU KNOW AND DON'T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by on Sat, 10/06/2007 - 22:34

This man has to answer to someone and soon. I sent in my money but unfortunately my computer was being serviced and I didn't check this out until after I sent the money order. What steps should I take? I did call and ask his name he left a message (Steve Breitling). I asked who the lender would be and he said Universal Financial and I asked what the payments would be and he said 115 month for four years at 12%.

Submitted by on Mon, 10/08/2007 - 12:15

I hate that companies like these exist. These vultures prey on vulnerable people with talk of loans. I can see them sitting there just laughing their **** off cause they got somebodies money. I got this letter then proceeded to call them and cuss them out. I felt much better.

[color=Red]****Adult term removed - Jason[/color]

Submitted by on Wed, 10/10/2007 - 20:07

I sure am glad I read this, before I sent any money, but I'm rebuking for sending my private information, and when they called me, I told them I heard this was bullshit, and a goddamn scam. Of course, they denied everything, and told me to trust them. You all are right Steve never picks up the phone, but calls you back everytime.

Submitted by on Fri, 10/19/2007 - 11:39

Stay Away FROM ICS and this Steven Character. I GOT THE SAME LETTER SAYING I WAS APPROVED FOR A $2500 LOAN "BUT" would have to send a $75 advance fee, And a MONEY ORDER no less! That is the dead give a away right there! Because you can't put a STOP payment on a money order as you could a check, after you LEARN he's a SCAM and Probably WON"T get you ANY LOAN anyway! I must admit I too though, I almost fell for it coming out of a bankruptcy NOT too long ago you become desperate. But don't do it you will just land yourself in debt another $75! He should be reported when you think of ALL the $75 per gullable person he is collecting! The problem is if you "carefully" read his very scrawny small print bogus contract, he has a "disclaimer" on the 3rd page that essentially is protecting him from prosecution for fraud and KEEPING YOUR $75, as he doesn't guarantee you money from him nor any 3rd party. That's how he gets away with being put out of business, at least thus far. It's the many "unfortunate" people who have actually sent the $75 money order, that have to contact the AG's office in Oklahoma and the FTC and REPORT HIM FAST! I too am glad I did a search on this bogus company as well and that it brought me here. Anyone can register a business, that doesn't make them legit. He could always say he sent your loan out to be processed BUT the bank declined it, anything, as the contract is VERY vague and obscure. That is what's keeping him going. I just got that letter and LOAN offer 3 days ago. Deep inside though, the dead giveaway that he was a FRAUD are; 1) Wanting ONLY a money Order 2) No license or Bonding #, 3)the 12% interests rate that he quoted me when he called me, which is LOW for a person that just got discharged through chapter 7! 4) There's a reason he screens the call and calls "you" back! The law is already probably on to him! Great Site! I hope my posting will help you as yours did mine.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/23/2007 - 16:41

I received the application and sent it in and still haven't heard from them,by reading what everybody is saying I don't want the loan even if its really;I hope they don't use my information for anything eles.

Submitted by on Sat, 10/27/2007 - 07:20

I actually was in need of a loan but something about this letter just wasn't official. It was almost convincing but I decided to google the name and address and I am really glad that I did because I was able to find other comments about this scam.

Submitted by on Mon, 10/29/2007 - 18:23

:evil: I too sent Ics the $75 Fee and have spoken to steven a few times. I have not been able to contact him since i sent the payment. This is madness my wife and I just had a newborn and it sounded so true and we fell for the loan scam. We were going to use the loan to pay some doctors bills and that sort of stuff I am so glad we are out only 75 bucks. This guy needs to be brought to justice and go directly to jail don't pass go or smoke a cig. Wish i found this site sooner

Submitted by on Tue, 10/30/2007 - 10:07

I Feel as though we should all come together and file a class action law suit against this company and let justice be served once and for all . If interested call me *** my name is Joe.

Personal information violates TOS. If you wish to be contacted, please register and users may PM you. -JediJeff

Submitted by on Tue, 10/30/2007 - 10:18

i got a letter the same one in mail but failed to respond once i seen this add

Submitted by on Sun, 12/02/2007 - 06:28

thank you god for the internet. i to received an email and phone call from this place. decided to do some reserch before i send in the app, and that's how i came to this site. the person that contact me is melissa phone number 405-616-1111.

Submitted by on Thu, 12/06/2007 - 13:17

Without it I am in deep crap federally. I can banrupt on these folks but not on the federal debt owed. I have to do this. :roll:

Submitted by on Mon, 12/10/2007 - 12:32