Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Collection agencies and creditors forums

Mann Bracken: Is it difficult to deal with them?

member profile picture

I am trying very hard to pay off all my credit card debts. I - being a total idiot went to a debt settlement company. They "suggested" that I not pay my bills, and that they had great relationship with creditors.... What a lie.

Anyway, I am now in a dmp. I'm trying to pay off all my loans 100%. However, Mann Bracken Llc. wants a lump sum payment. I do not have the funds to give them the payment. I offered to pay it off through the DMP program. No deal. They said they would continue with the arbitration and see me there.

Is there anything I can do? I tried calling Chase directly. They said I could only talk to Mann Bracken law firm is a collection agency which threatens to take you to arbitration. Read the discussion to know the way out. that they no longer had the account.

The lady on the phone was very nasty. She told me if it went to arbitration I could pay her attorney fees and court cost. All of this is true information. So not misrepresentation.

I think I may be stuck. But I have a budget, and I am trying to pay everyone. That leaves me very little wiggle room when it comes to something like this.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,


I'm a single mother of 3 who recently lost my job. I had a Discover card that I 've had for 4 years, always on time payments. Until now. Discover just informed me that Mann Bracken is now handling this. What happens when you just don't have the money to pay at all? I'm barley able to feed my kids now. What happens after they take you to court?

Sub: #71 posted on Mon, 04/13/2009 - 15:50


i keep getting calls from them and when i call them back they cant find my number in their system. im really scared cause if i get a summons i might get fired from my job. i just dont know what to do

Sub: #72 posted on Tue, 04/14/2009 - 08:22


A summons to court over a debt only means that you can show up and contest it or if you fail to show up then the judge will find it in favor of the debt collector, which simply means you owe the debt (which could include lawyers' fees, etc.) They would still have to go back to court and ask for a judgement, garnishment of wages, etc. If you do not or can not pay this debt in full then you should make sure you have no bank accounts (checking or savings) as they could freeze those. Write a letter and send it certified offering to pay whatever you can afford. When you go to court then you can show that you are willing to make payments. If the collection agency cashes your check, money order, etc. then that may be enough for the court to say they accepted your proposal. Bottom line is that they cannot put you in jail or anything like that, but they could garnish your wages and freeze your checking and savings. Of course you would have to have an account to begin with. I would suggest going to court and explain you are on a very fixed, and limited income, however you are willing to pay what you can, to eventually settle this debt.

Sub: #73 posted on Sun, 04/19/2009 - 17:04


mann bracken filed a judgment and a lien on any property that i have, i live in california and the only thing that i have on my name is my car wich is paid off, they havent tried to take my car but im afraid they will some day. i already tried calling them to do a settlement but they refused they say that the only way they would remove the lien is to pay the whole thing plus the court fees. i can only make 55 to 60% of what is owed, since they keep refusing my offers, can anybody tell me if there is anything else i can do. or any loophole to use. i really dont want to go to bankrupcy for just $7000!

Sub: #74 posted on Thu, 04/23/2009 - 12:50


I keep getting calls from Mann Bracken. I have not answered any of them to this date due to having caller ID. I presume it is about a student loan my son co-signed on. Should I talk to them or continue to let them call every day.

Sub: #75 posted on Thu, 04/23/2009 - 15:36


I was trying to find information about Mann Bracken and found your message. I live in theh state of Florida, having the exact same situation you described. I have been paying them $100 per month for about 6 months. but now they wan to settle for an amount I don't have. I am going to find me a lawyer cuase i have no way of getting 2,900 all at once.

Sub: #76 posted on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 06:53


said it before and will say it again.never ever pay anybody over the phone.never agree to or give bank information over the phone.this place is a humanoid haven.even if they get a court judgement more than likely it was from improper service or venue.again nothing in writing no deal.let them huff and is your right under the FDCPA to get it in writing.

Sub: #77 posted on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 06:59

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

can they garnish my check before summons to court?

Sub: #78 posted on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 07:04


no they would have to get a judgement to do that.check to see if that is the case.your court clerk will have that info.again.they would need a judgement to garnish.what state are you in?

Sub: #79 posted on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 07:07

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15514 | Credits: )


Sub: #80 posted on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 07:10


More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.710 seconds.