Skip to main content
index page

ACS INC - What strategies should you adopt to avoid being scammed?

Submitted by on Wed, 01/27/2010 - 09:18
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew and today I recieved a call from "ACS Inc" an "affadavit Service" they gave me the old pay us $725 or we will take you to court tomorrow (apparently they dont realize how slowly our court system works) and I would be arrested and criminal chanrges would be brought against me.

My guess is that Route 66 and Big-int are behind this. Please confirm if you have recieved a call from 646-810-8625 or518-533-5448.

They are overseas and have a heavy middle eastern accent. I did a ip lookup on the email I had them sent me because I played along and it is routed from Europe to Pakistan. FYI they certainly are not lawyers and wouldnt direct me to McDonalds.com for their address or have an email address of ACSINC[at]mail.com. Idiots, hope no one falls for this. Bet they do get some people though.

I just got an email with the same thing but with this number and i haven't seen it out there from anyone yet is this still a scam? Contact us on 1-321-328-8787 from 09:30 AM to 06:30 PM (EST).
Here is what some of the email says: DUE AMOUNT-$928.52
LOAN COMPANY/LENDER - ACS INC.

We are here by to inform you that you are going to be legally prosecuted in the Court House within couple of days. Your SSN is put on hold by US Government, so before something goes wrong we would like to notify you about this matter.
It seems apparent that you had chosen to ignore all our efforts to contact you in order to resolve your debt with your Payday Services. At this point you had made your intentions clear and leave us no choice but to protect our interest in this matter.

UNITED LEGAL INVESTIGATION BUREAU HAS STATED 3 SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST YOU AND THEY ARE:
(1) VIOLATION OF FEDERAL BANKING REGULATION
(2) COLLATERAL CHECK FRAUD
(3) THEFT BY DECEPTION
If we do not hear from you within 48 hours of the date on this letter, we will be compelled to seek legal representation from our in-house attorney. We reserve the right to commence litigation for intent to commit wire fraud under the pretense of refusing to repay a debt committed to, by use of the internet. In addition we reserve the right to seek recovery for the balance due, as well as legal fees and any court cost incurred.
It is quick and easy:
Grab your debit card and call us or e-mail us right now in order to make a payment and freeze down this case.
We will be forced to download this case against you and once it is downloaded the creditor has entire rights to inform your employer and your references regarding this issue and the law suit will be the next step which will be amounting to $928.52 and will be totally levied upon you and that would be excluding your attorney charges and the due amount pending on your name.

Thanks for being our customer

Submitted by on Sun, 03/24/2013 - 20:39

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

yep once you call this sorry place it will get you deluged with calls.glad to see you are not fooled tiffany.just wish everyone wasn't.

Submitted by paulmergel on Wed, 01/09/2013 - 14:42

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

I received the same exact email. I'm not going to waste my time calling them. They'll just harass me and call me constantly. Please people, DO NOT call their phone number. A few red flags: No one can ever place your SSN on hold, these idiots can't spell to save their lives, and there's no name on the email. This is a scam, please don't fall for it or let these idiots take your money. Report them! If they call you, tell them you're going to report them to the FBI and they should leave you alone.

Submitted by on Wed, 01/09/2013 - 11:46

I received an email from this company from a person by the name Paul Adam and number was 1-786-404-1156. I wanted to know if this is the same company that you had dealt with before i send them any information for payment. Could you please get back to me?  thank you

Submitted by on Mon, 01/07/2013 - 16:11

I received an email saying I owe $955.75 which I knew didn't sound right. I will be reporting this.

Submitted by on Tue, 03/26/2013 - 19:19

Thanks for the updates guest.

Yeah, you're right that no criminal charges can be pressed against one for failing to pay a debt. This only scares tactics.

Submitted by SC on Thu, 01/28/2010 - 01:44

SC

( Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

Yes I have gotten a call from 646-810-8625 and have ignored it they came at me with you will go to jail and I had to meet them in court to answer the charges is this really a scam?

Submitted by on Tue, 03/23/2010 - 07:05

I also got a call from ACS Inc, to call them at (772) 934-8008. Had to change my phone numbers and place passcodes on all my current accounts along with placing fraud alerts. Nice to have this confirmed this iscoming from overseas.

Submitted by on Fri, 03/26/2010 - 21:15

I was called last week by a guy named Richard Wilson by 2 numbers 561-210-4185 and 772-934-8008 stating that I needed to pay 300.00 and if i didn't pay i was going to go to court. I asked for proof and they said that everything is paperless. that they dont have any information to give me. Then I said if you dont have any information to give me then who does he said" the only way you could find out this is information is by a lawsite" I said ok then good luck with that beacause this is a scam.

Submitted by on Mon, 04/26/2010 - 17:20

They have been calling me 3-4 times a day threatening me! I finally got out of them that they are affiliated with a law firm in Seattle, WA. The law firm, Cooper's Law Firm is non-extistant! ONe time when they call I owe $700, the next time is $2000 and the next time is $501. When I asked for information, they told me that they didn't have to give me any information that THEY were they ones collecting information! They then hung up on me!
DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!! They are VERY persistent!

Submitted by on Tue, 05/11/2010 - 14:10

I to got a call from Danny Johnson about the same scam, the fax number is 646-224-9889 this is a New York city area code. They told me I owe $537.00 for an outstanding debt, this is a real scam, please don't anyone fall for this. If you do get a call from these people, drill them with questions.

Submitted by on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 06:52

I have received numerous calls from a Justin Luther and Brian Taylor from a company called ACS.....they have repeatedly called my family, myself, and a friend of mine trying to contact me. They want me to settle on an account for $472 which I have played in to but after seeing these blogs I am extremely concerned because the fax number I have been given is only 1 number off from the one provided to "anonymous". Another number they tell me to call is 917-284-9293 but when I look it up, there are no yellow page listings for this number. Does anyone have advice for me?

Submitted by on Wed, 06/16/2010 - 17:55

I have gotten repeated phone calls regarding an "overdue debt" in the amount of $472. The gentlemen that have called me are Justin Luther and Brian Taylor...neither of which speak english as their primary language. I started to fall in to their trap but at the last minute, decided to check into them more. The fax number they would like the documents faxed to is 646-224-9884 which is only 4 numbers off from that of a previous blog post. I called the FTC as well as the Attorney General's office to report them. I also sent them instead of signed documents, a letter telling them that if they contacted my cell phone, family, or place of employment again, felony charges would be rendered against them......Mr. Taylor phoned me back and once I told him what I sent, he said "get lost" and hung up.....there's my answer!!!!

Submitted by on Wed, 06/16/2010 - 18:48

Ive been getting harassing calls from "Robin Smith" from ACS for over a week. That is until today @ work when he called me literally every 30 seconds. About 4 of my coworkers, including a manager, got on the phone to battle with him. He finally stopped calling when we told him he was reported to our AG Martha Coakley, the police dept(which I did call) and started rattling of some laws and regs here in the USA. I called my bank and they said they are fully aware of this scam and have it on high alert with the fraud dept and they WILL NOT be able to withdraw from my acct. Tell them to F%$K off if they call and harrass people in their OWN DAMN COUNTRY!!!!!

Submitted by on Wed, 07/28/2010 - 17:33

I received a call from a cynthia harris and a officer brian coleman, they both have indian accents. They told me that I was being sued due to a cash loan i took out online. They knew all my information, my address, my number and my old job. I fell into it because i thought I owed these people because two yrs ago i did get a online loan. But I remembered that i paid that out. I asked this Brian guy for documents he told me that I was not allowed tosee those and that he forwarded them to the court systems. He said you owe 700 dollars for bank fees and the loan. Or they were pressing charges against me for check fraud. So i faxed a paper for payment arrangements, for the 700 dollars. I made two payments, of 200 dollars. and i was still skeptical about it so they called me for my remaining balance and i told them i didnt have the money to pay them that it would be the next month and he got mad, saying its your fault that you owe this and this that and the other so i told him well i cant give you what i don't have and he says well i will be adding 195 to your balance and you will now have to pay 500, so i put there number on the reject list. called a couple of lawyers ask some questions, they all said no you cant be arrested for somethng like this. so i called my bank and disputed the transaction and fillin out paper work for that, and they reimbursed me my 400 dollars. the brian guy is still calling so i will b changing my number tonight.

Submitted by on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 12:47

Ive actually decided to call them back and mess with their heads... It makes me feel a lot better at the end of the day to call and harass them instead of them harassing me.. be a kid again and prank call them as many times as your heart desires.
You can block your number with *67..
I think playing a dellusional old person works best.. WHERE IS MY CANEEE???!!!? ETHEL? ARE YOU THERE? MY DOG SMELLS!!

Submitted by on Thu, 08/12/2010 - 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ive actually decided to call them back and mess with their heads... It makes me feel a lot better at the end of the day to call and harass them instead of them harassing me.. be a kid again and prank call them as many times as your heart desires.
You can block your number with *67..
I think playing a dellusional old person works best.. WHERE IS MY CANEEE???!!!? ETHEL? ARE YOU THERE? MY DOG SMELLS!!

I received a call from Cynthia Harris today from ACE. Thick Indian accent. She asked me what my name was and I said "Cynthia Harris". She said No that is my name, what is your name and I just kept repeating I was Cynthia Harris. After repeating this several times, she got mad and hung up. Haven't heard from her since.:p

Submitted by Lizzie1014 on Thu, 08/12/2010 - 10:08

Lizzie1014

( Posts: 382 | Credits: )

I have also been recieveing these calls. They first contacted me a few weeks ago saying I owe money like the rest of you all. I intially set up a payment thinking this was true and ligiate. Then I took a real good look at the email address [email]acsincusa@gmail.com[/email]. "Please like a real company would have gmail as their exchange". The attachement said payment would be made to PCS. I called and asked about this PCS "told them the bank needed verification". He told me this was another deparment and they are located in New York and they are just another department. I right away closed out my debit card and put the bank on alert. The day the payment was to come out I recieved 5 calls 1 right after the other asking to verify my debit info because the payment would not go through. I told him I couldn't because the bank needed that info. I asked for the phone number of this PCS and address. He told me he could not provide the address but could give me the number. I called right away and the man who answered said ACS. I replied I thought this was PCS he goes oo yea PCS. He asked me for my information, just kept asking quesitons. He goes is this my name. I told him how would you know this info I am calling on a blocked number and he hung up on me.

Another man called me today from ACS James JOhnson, He called me from a Florida number this time. So I played a trick and called the NY number. I spke to his supossed supervisor and that I owe on another debit. yea right. This time for a Cash Advance USA. I told him I needed doucumentation and he said he couldn't. I asked for the number for this cash advnace and he gave me a Long Island number 516-490-8235. So I called and another man with a heavy accent answers like i am stupis. I told him I needed information and I told him my father is a Lawyer and he has no case unless he supplies this info. He told me to go to hell and hung up. I called him back and gave him a few choice words and he hung up. I have a list of numbers from ACS and other scam companies as well................

772-409-6079
917-284-9293
917-284-9294
347-289-3122
646-284-9884
208-557-9031
347-590-4535
646-845-0351
315-294-9462

Some of these numbers I have gotten from other sites. SOme names I have are

Jonathan Gray
Jennifer Gray
Ray Cooper
James Johnson
David Jefferson

I wish everyone the best I know even knowing this is a scam this still can be stressing everyone out.

I hope this helps

Submitted by on Wed, 08/18/2010 - 16:42

I get 18 freaking calls a day on my cell, and oh 18 calls a day at , my office too. I've contacted the fbi, federal trade commission, filed fraud complaints and criminal reports with local police departments and my place of employment, i'm fixing to file complaints every where i possibly can. Watch for the name scott bruce, brian taylor, dartmouth and the legal department at acs. These people are sick. And of course, some foreign accent (indian i believe as well).

Submitted by on Wed, 08/18/2010 - 20:42

7724096079 is another number. Idiots. The guy was like "do you think that the cash advance company is lying? Why would they lie about $400" SO stupid!

Submitted by on Thu, 08/19/2010 - 07:26

I received so many calls from these people and I finally called back and spoke with some guy by the name of Sean. He told me that my case was closed and that I would have a warrant for my arrest. I then told him that the call was being monitored by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security and just as I suspected they hung up. These are some very sick people and I hope that sooner than son their little scams are brought to an end!!!!

Submitted by on Thu, 08/19/2010 - 10:09

I have been receiving calls today from a Carlos Williams wanting to tall to a co-worker. They have called our place of business about 18 times. I now have all these calls coming to my attention where I record each one. I have had some spirited chats with Carlos.
I called a number they gave me 917-284-9294 and spoke with a Shane Watson, the next time I called and they asked me for my name I was Shane Watson, tripped him up a bit.
I now have some entertaining recording that my coworkers enjoy listening to once in awhile.

Submitted by on Fri, 08/20/2010 - 14:26

I receive calls as well from a Ray Cooper calling from LLC Law Office Of New York claiming I owe Advanced America Cash Advance the first time they called I called AACA and they have never heard of me before and they said this was most likely a scam they have received these calls before from other people as well. I started doing some searching online and relized this is happening to quite a few people. They call from (646)845-0351. This is defenitely a scam.

Submitted by on Wed, 08/25/2010 - 10:56

Just got a call this morning looking for a friend of mine who 'committed internet fraud' and used me as a reference in the transaction. Sounded weird so before I called her and freaked her out, I googled the number the guy left - 917-284-9294 and found this forum. He used the name Peter Watson, had a heavy south Asian accent (Indian or Pakistani maybe) and claimed he was from the office of the NY State Attorney General. I don't know what she'll do about it, but he better not be calling me again!

Submitted by on Fri, 08/27/2010 - 10:44

I received the first phone call several months ago - scared the jeep out of me because the person calling stated that he was a federal agent and that I was being brought up on several federal charges. He read my complete SSI # as well as my address to me. As a single parent with a small child it was more than a bit disconcerting. The man then became extremely rude and began to use profanity when I questioned his " authority ". I did say " if I were being brought up on federal charges, wouldn't they simply come arrest me ?? " I tried to tell him that I had looked into a payday advance when things were particularly bad financially, but after reading the fine print and realize that the payday advance was nothing short of legalized loan sharking , I had decided against it. The problem, I believe, is that when you look into a payday advance online, they do ask you for personal information, including reference information. I'm not sure whether the payday advance companies are selling the information to these people, or they're hacking it, but they're getting it ! Today the phone calls started again and this time they also called the references I listed on the original form, stating that they would be responsible for my debt to them. As I never took out a loan I have no debt to them and even I had taken the loan out, they could not legally hold an outside party responsible - what a load of CRAP !! They are persistant and ruthless though. I'm going to talk to a couple of federal agencies tomorrow to find out if we have any recourse. Let me know if there is indeed a litigation around this, I'd like to be a part of it

Submitted by on Mon, 08/30/2010 - 21:48

What I want to know is how are they getting out information ? I did look at a cash advance, like I said, but it's just not worth it & decided against it. My information however is out there and these people are reading it to me - are the advance companies selling the applications ???

Submitted by on Mon, 08/30/2010 - 21:51

I got calls today on my personal cell and at work. They threatened to sue my sister and mother. What is the deal with this? They compromised my checking accounting which I had to close and opened another account. What actions can I take to get them to stop calling? How did they get my information? All Indian accents. I told them I am going to sue them.

Submitted by on Tue, 08/31/2010 - 11:56

I have been receiving these calles since around April 2010. They are very rude and tell me I have an Advance America loan for $300 that was taken out in 2008. I don't and have got all the information I can from them. The one guys name is Alex Dawson and says his address is US Justice Dept, PayDay loan Division, 170 Park Road, New York, NY 11040 the number is 646-845-0351. Also a person named Andie Holmes has been calling from 425-905-7100. Very disturbing that they know the last four digits of my SS number and last four digits of my bank checking account number. After about 15 or so calls they started leaving messages for me on my VM at work. Since then I have reported it to Sheriffs Dept and have started being just as ugly to them and trying to get more information and even calling them back harrasing them. They finally get so mad they hang up on me. Hopefully before long they will get tired of me and STOP IT!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 09/07/2010 - 07:48

We've received calls from this company as well and they've given a return number of 347-625-3719. They are looking for one of our employees and we do not give out information on our employees. I've directed all the calls from this company to me and have even called them back to annoy them. They insist that we pass the message on and have threatened to call us every half hour until our employee calls them back. Even if we did pass on the message we can't MAKE our employee call them back. They said "you are the boss". They've asked to speak to someone else and I've told them that any time they call I will be the only one to talk to them. I have been on the phone with them multiple times and the last time for about 30 minutes. I love to harass people like this just as much, so I welcome the opportunity to mess with them, as long as other people are able to get their work done (I'm IT - my job is a bit easier... sometimes), I get some time now and then. If you don't like them calling you, call them back... there is nothing they can do. However, DO NOT threaten violence or cuss at them - just act like a child... it's funny. They have already violated every rule in the book according to the FTC.
Matter of fact, head over to the FTC website and file a complaint.https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

Submitted by on Tue, 09/07/2010 - 17:37

Warning! When you apply for a cash advance on line your information is being sent to several, or sometimes dozens of subscribers! You never know who is getting the information! You must read the fine print on the site. Most are just loan brokers. Only deal directly with a lender if you, for some wrong reason, feel you have to take out a loan on line!

Submitted by Frogpatch on Tue, 09/07/2010 - 17:43

Frogpatch

( Posts: 5381 | Credits: )

I as well have been scammed by these people and unfortunately I was taken becuas eI never looked up thier info. PLEASE PLEASE do not give any information out!

The number they called me from was3476253719

Submitted by on Thu, 09/09/2010 - 10:58

I received a call from 646-845-0351 a man named Alex Dawson (heavy Arabian accent) left a message saying that I would face legal action if I did not call him back and that it was in reference to someone that I knew. The only thing that tied me and this friend together was a Dell computer. I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks that maybe this is how they are getting our information? Any other people that have ordered a Dell online or over the phone or had to call their IT department?

Submitted by on Mon, 09/13/2010 - 13:28

I too started recieving phone calls from this so called company, at first I was scared when they girl I worked with said there was a lawyer looking for me due to a lawsuit. Well when I called the number it was always busy so I left it alone. They called me today and tried to tell me I took a loan out back in Jan 2010 with CashAdvanceUSA and had it deposited into my account. THey must really think we are stupid because I told him I know you are lying about this whole situation because I didnt even have my account open yet with my bank that I am at now. So he told me I had to hire a lawyer and fight the case. SO I argued with him for a bit and then he said you took out the loan and had it put into this account and he proceeded to tell me my bank account number and that Im not wanting to pay. Im not worried about it because he didnt even give me the right account number. BUT its scary too know that they are able to acsess our information!!

Submitted by on Mon, 09/13/2010 - 14:43

My bf has been getting calls from "ACS" for a while now (they even called his work). I guess they gave up on him and turned to me...bad move! After I did some research and saw how many people are getting harrassed by them, I called and gave them a peice of my mine (ok, I called about three times). :) Once I got the big "F-U" from the man on the other in (strong Indian accent) I knew for sure this was a scam. Not to mention the first time I tried calling them back their line was busy. If they were a legit company they should be smart enough to get multiple phone lines. I highly douby after dealing with me (who doesn't shake these type of things off as easily as my bf) that they won't call back...and if they do, good luck to them! BTW this is the phone number I was given to call back (from NYC): 347-625-3715. Please don't EVER give out any personal information over the phone! Hope these people get what's coming to them VERY SOON!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 09/14/2010 - 15:14

I think I found the right place...Getting call on my home and cell Officer Sinclair Harria and Carl Peterson Both say Dept of Law (What dept of law) mention lawsuit both have accents both sound like they r yelling over a room of noise Here R the numbers they left 562-314-1916 & 772-409-6079 they come from 866-932-6780...not sure what the other number was but i have gotten to the point i do not answer calls i know nothing about...U wnt money from me PROVE IT IN WRITING....THANKS

Submitted by on Wed, 09/15/2010 - 08:15

Hi everyone. My fiance received a call from this company this morning. They left a voicemail saying they're gonna take us to court and report us to the police. Well report her to the police. They go on to say that unless she calls today they will start calling her work and friends and family, basically to embarass her. I'm highly annoyed and have spent the better part of today on the phone with many middle eastern sounding people and have gotten quite a run around. Well I've Managed to gather some info from them.

I've talked to:
Alex Mathews
Sean Black
Logan Stone

called
347-625-3719 and even tried
347-625-3715 when the above number started going to voicemail.

We also received an email at their gmail address and found it funny. I'm not done calling these people, however, because they've thoroughly made me mad. I'll report back any new news. OH yeah they gave me an address.

101 E. Green St. Brooklyn, NY 11215
I googled this address and looked at the street view. IF this is the building for a respectable company than I need to go into business. Check it out.

Submitted by on Wed, 09/15/2010 - 12:57

[QUOTE=Anonymous;521474]Hello everyone, my name is Andrew and today I recieved a call from "ACS Inc" an "affadavit Service" they gave me the old pay us $725 or we will take you to court tomorrow (apparently they dont realize how slowly our court system works) and I would be arrested and criminal chanrges would be brought against me.
My guess is that Route 66 and Big-int are behind this. Please confirm if you have recieved a call from 646-810-8625 or518-533-5448.
They are overseas and have a heavy middle eastern accent. I did a ip lookup on the email I had them sent me because I played along and it is routed from Europe to Pakistan. FYI they certainly are not lawyers and wouldnt direct me to McDonalds.com for their address or have an email address of ACSINC[at]mail.com. Idiots, hope no one falls for this. Bet they do get some people though.[/QUOTE]

I got a payday loan in June of this year; I fell into a financial hardship and was not able to pay it off, leaving a balance of 600.00 on my account. I called the payday loan company, Cash Net USA, and made payment arrangements. Then I got a call at work from an unavailable # 000-000-0000, a man with a strong Indian accent answered and asked to speak with ???Apple??? my name is April. I asked who was calling and he wouldn???t tell me so I hung up. I got two more phone calls within 5 minutes so I blocked the number. Then he left a message he stated his name was Officer Zack Wilson from the legal department of ACS and that my account was being forwarded to the courts and that there was a law suit against my social security #! I immediately called the number he gave back (646-918-5986) because he had my address, telephone #, date of birth and social security #. I spoke with I think her name was Michelle, she stated she was the supervisor for Zack and that Cash Net USA forwarded my account to her because I didn???t pay my balance, I tried to explain that I already made payment arrangements with the other company but she wouldn???t listen to me. She was very rude and said I???m just trying to do my job, if you don???t want to pay the balance with us you can go to court on Monday, and fight this case. I didn???t have any court notices and I told her this, she stated that was not her problem if I wanted to settle the balance with her I could make a payment of 300.00 and the account would be closed, I told her again that I already made a payment, then she said well you will just have to fight this is court. I called Cash Net after I spoke with her to get my receipt of my payment plan because I thought this was real. The woman from the payday loan said asked if the person I spoke with had a thick accent I said yes and she confirmed that this was a scam, she told me not to give them a dime and forwarded me to a compliance line, and I left a message and hopefully will get a call back. My payday loan company filed a report with the better business bureau, I also file a report with the FTC, all three credit bureau, my bank and (homeland security -989-497-0580) and made all aware I was a victim of identity theft. The officer at homeland security was aware of this scam and told me the next time they call explain to them I was aware they were a fraud company and that I have forwarded their information to homeland security. He assured if I tell them this the calls will stop. He stated this company was out of India, and they have hacked into PayDay Loan companies to gather their information. They have so far but I will keep posted.

Submitted by on Mon, 09/27/2010 - 10:16

I too have been contacted. The number from which the call originated from is 347-625-3719. The telefax number is 616-786-4435 or 646-224-9593. This is definitely a scam. I have contacted my bank and reported it to the Fraud department. I am in total agreement with Brian NY. What legal company would use a gmail account? NO ONE GIVE THIS COMPANY MONEY. IT IS A SCAM!!!

Submitted by on Wed, 09/29/2010 - 11:57

Today I have received the same. Thanks for the info. What idiots!

Submitted by on Wed, 09/29/2010 - 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
We've received calls from this company as well and they've given a return number of 347-625-3719. They are looking for one of our employees and we do not give out information on our employees. I've directed all the calls from this company to me and have even called them back to annoy them. They insist that we pass the message on and have threatened to call us every half hour until our employee calls them back. Even if we did pass on the message we can't MAKE our employee call them back. They said "you are the boss". They've asked to speak to someone else and I've told them that any time they call I will be the only one to talk to them. I have been on the phone with them multiple times and the last time for about 30 minutes. I love to harass people like this just as much, so I welcome the opportunity to mess with them, as long as other people are able to get their work done (I'm IT - my job is a bit easier... sometimes), I get some time now and then. If you don't like them calling you, call them back... there is nothing they can do. However, DO NOT threaten violence or cuss at them - just act like a child... it's funny. They have already violated every rule in the book according to the FTC.
Matter of fact, head over to the FTC website and file a complaint.https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

OMG..that is the VERY number that they gave my mother when they called her to find us. She spoke to a guy named Louis Vinson. Of course the number was unknown on the ID. When I called the number, a guy named Joe Marshall called and said we owed a payday loan to Cash Advance America for $345.00..Funny thing is we HAVE taken out a loan with them BUT we are good with them. We called them and asked if they had turned us into someone and they hadn't! We hadn't taken out any other payday loans either. These guys knew my mother's name and number, my name and social security number. This Joe Marshall sent me a request form for payment of $345.35...changed from what he told me on the phone. He calls back this morning asking me why I didn't fax my debit card number like I said I was going to..and I told him that there was no such charge with them and we owed them s***! He got very belligerent and started trying to talk over me as I was trying to explain that we owed nothing, had taken out no other payday loans..and he kept saying "well, then how did we get your personal information?" I said "That is what I would like to know but if you ever call my mother again or attempt to call my husband's employer or detract money from our account, we will bring you down." he said "This will be taken up in court. Good luck." Miserable. Please let me know if anyone else has spoken with Joe Marshall or Louis Vinson. But your phone number that you listed 347-625-3719 and the email provided in another post tells me that I was right to not believe it. I have called my bank but not sure what to do now because they have BOTH Our SSNs.

Submitted by on Fri, 10/01/2010 - 08:08

yeah - i got the run around - i gave them a credit card for a bank account that has no funds in it.luckily they didn't get my bank account number.i was going to transfer to it - but now i know to screw them and i wont transfer it

Submitted by on Mon, 10/04/2010 - 15:12

[QUOTE=Anonymous;521474]Hello everyone, my name is Andrew and today I recieved a call from "ACS Inc" an "affadavit Service" they gave me the old pay us $725 or we will take you to court tomorrow (apparently they dont realize how slowly our court system works) and I would be arrested and criminal chanrges would be brought against me.
They are overseas and have a heavy middle eastern accent. I did a ip lookup on the email I had them sent me because I played along and it is routed from Europe to Pakistan. FYI they certainly are not lawyers and wouldnt direct me to McDonalds.com for their address or have an email address of ACSINC[at]mail.com. Idiots, hope no one falls for this. Bet they do get some people though.[/QUOTE]

My name is kristen and i have gotten the same threats they say i owe 500.00 and have threaten to put me in jail and take me to court the number they call me from is 347-590-4535 and the guy is asian decent and his name is jeff

Submitted by on Wed, 10/06/2010 - 14:25

I got a call from them today. I spoke to Zach. Before he started his BS I told him I needed his full name, company name, address, phone number and case number.
He started going into my Affadavit and told me there was a lean against my Social Security number. He started to tell me I owned cash net money and of course he wouldn't let me talk. I told him that I didn't have any papers relevant to this case and would not deal with them until I had a hard copy in my hands. I told him you are the second company trying to get me to pay money I don't owe. I told him he was a fraud and he hung up on me.

Submitted by on Thu, 10/07/2010 - 11:01

I also got a call from some one named alex anderson telling me he was a sheiff and was going to take me to court if I did not pay 501 dollars.I did have a pay loan but I paid if off a long time ago.I called my lawyer and he said not to pay them anything because it sounded like a scam.I also am going to the court house where I live to find out some information on this.I emailed them back and said I talked to my lawyer and the police department about the harrassing phone calls.I told them I was going to the court house to check this out.On the phone he said oh no do not talk to your lawyer.I also talked to my bank and had them pull up where It shows I paid this loan.Also had my Bank account closed and opened a new one.In the email I told them I had them checked out on the computor and happen to find this page.I told them about the compliants about there scams.Now they are trying to call my husband and talk to him,I hung up on them.

Submitted by on Sat, 10/09/2010 - 10:48

I got this phone call yesterday from a man with a indian accent as well. then he procecced to tell me that my drivers lic and ss number would be block and they would put a judgement on me if i didnt pay for a online loan i never got? could be arrested and then put this hispanic supervisor on line demanding to know if i am going to pay my debit need my debit card. i wish i had looked this up first before giving my number out now its changed and block so they cant scam me. they really harrassed me at work in front of my co workers and clients. my bank was very helpful. but getting calls from +00000000, and unknown next is my phone change i hope i dont have to do this. beware out there no one is safe!

Submitted by on Fri, 10/15/2010 - 16:00

i was one of the stupid ones to actually pay them money. i set up a payment plan with a SEAN BLACK at a gmail account as well thinking i was paying back my paycheck advance. they call constantly and apparently dont get when someoen cusses them out. im getting my money back one way or the other. fucking indian people need to go back to their ow damm country

Submitted by on Fri, 10/22/2010 - 11:54

Acs, inc i think they got me and i need advice on how to block my account and so on. I am so nervous about this that i intend to get a lawyer. They call my phone repeatly over and over and tells me they will block my phone calls and so on

help!!!!!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 11/09/2010 - 07:49

WOW! I am so glad to know that these guys have been reported more than 1000's of times. How can we stop them? I have gotten calls on my jobs from a Sandy Thomas. When the calls first started it was James Brown yeah right). I almost fell for it. Even so much as to fill out the information on the fax they sent to send back to them. So I called the company where I actually had borrowed money and they told me that they have been answering calls all day concerning this scam. My supervisor and another person in the office even got on the phone on my behalf and cursed one guy out! They don't call back for me but my coworker keeps getting calls. She was the one who recommended the load company to me. Boy am I sorry I ever did that! One thing though in the state where I live it's against the law to get calls on the job once you let them know your supervisor does not allow calls from debt collectors. I cut and pasted the FCC regulations and I dont get anymore calls at work. But those fools in the foreign country dont understand that. They are ruthless and crazy. I'm glad I didnt fall for the scam.

Submitted by on Fri, 11/19/2010 - 18:18