Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Debt Consolidation and Debt Settlement forums

Zwicker and Associates hararssing me to repay all my debt

member profile picture

I was contacted by Zwicker and Associates to collect an american express debt. They want the entire balance now. They looked up my credit report and are hounding me to transfer the amount to other credit card company balances. What are my options to repay this debt? They said if they do not get the total amount within 7 days they will start process to put a lien on my house and take me to court to collect the money through the courts.

I would like to know how it turned out for you with this company? I've heard good about them and bad. Don't know though. I think there are good people everywhere but it's hard to find them in a lawyers office sometimes. Let us know and how in the world did he know that you are posting here in the forum? I would not tell them about it. It's not any of their business if you know what I mean. Good luck!!!

Sub: #11 posted on Wed, 12/19/2007 - 10:59

Unregistered

I think it is best to not use your real name on these forums - I've read other post of situations similar to this where the person was discovered by a collection agency which can adversely affect your settlement.

Sub: #12 posted on Thu, 12/20/2007 - 02:45

lostindebtat50 lostindebtat50

(Posts: 82 | Credits: )

I used to have an acct with Zwicker, and of course like everybody I was harrased and threated so I set a payment plan and then when I gave my last payment I request copy of my statement and I never heard again from them.
Now that I need my credit clean, it still shows that I how money to the credit card that I pay thru this company zwicker. Here is my question, how can I get a letter or statement where shows that I paid off that account?
or what is my legal right to clear that account from my credit report. The good thing I still have copy of the money orders I've beeing sending to them until the last payment.
Can someone help me??? :shock:

Sub: #13 posted on Thu, 04/24/2008 - 12:06

Unregistered

I used to have an acct with Zwicker, and of course like everybody I was harrased and threated so I set a payment plan and then when I gave my last payment I request copy of my statement and I never heard again from them.
Now that I need my credit clean, it still shows that I how money to the credit card that I pay thru this company zwicker. Here is my question, how can I get a letter or statement where shows that I paid off that account?
or what is my legal right to clear that account from my credit report. The good thing I still have copy of the money orders I've beeing sending to them until the last payment.
Can someone help me??? :shock:

Sub: #14 posted on Thu, 04/24/2008 - 12:07

Unregistered

Zwicker are just lowlife scums period! They are the worst. They dont even care if they break the law, and have been sued for thier tactics. I will be recording each call i recieve from this day forward....

There are laws against harrassment from these scum piles so do your research!

Sub: #15 posted on Sat, 05/24/2008 - 18:01

Unregistered

Don't forget, you can also file a complaint with the BBB on any company, not just members of the BBB. I filed one on NCO, who has some employees that also uses scare tactics, lies, and other unethical and illegal behavior. I felt better just knowing it was a mark against them and added up to the already-thousands of complaints. (I don't think any collection agency belongs to the BBB. But there sure are reports on them anyway!)

Sub: #16 posted on Sat, 05/24/2008 - 21:27

Unregistered

According to The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, a debt collector may not contact you at work if you inform them that your employer disapproves. In addition, you may tell the collector (in writing) to stop contacting you at all and by virtue of this same Act, they must cease all contact with you except to acknowledge your letter or to tell you the creditor intends to take a specific action, such as take you to court or impound a possession if it was used as collateral for a loan (for example, a car). You must address this IN WRITING: verbal accounts (telephone calls and the like) will not hold up.

Furthermore, The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act forbids a creditor from making repeated phone calls to annoy the debtor and from calling and not identifying themselves.

Sub: #17 posted on Sat, 05/24/2008 - 23:29

justin.hi5 justin.hi5

(Posts: 85 | Credits: )

Quote:
In the meantime, I have found a source for repayment and am sending it directly to american express and not to the company who contacted me on their behalf.

thanks for the advise and support.

Pedro

Even though you have sent the payment directly to AMEX, Zwicker will still receive their commission for collecting on the account.

Also, ceasing a collection agency thru a forum will not cut it. All C&D must be done in writing and should be sent CMRRR>

Sub: #18 posted on Sun, 05/25/2008 - 12:55

SOAPLADY SOAPLADY
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17271 | Credits: )

Please do NOT be afraid of them. They have sued me and they may end up with a piece of paper that is worth nothing. If I were I will just protect my assets. For example, if you have a home, take a home equity loan (I guess given the current market may not be a feasible option) or simply put a family member as a lien holder. This way you will protect yourself from these devils. They are nasty......My uncle called them and made them an offer of almost 60% of the balance.....They threaten and now am going all the way...I want them to get a judgment because I have no assets and then I want to bend before me and take a 10c for a dollar....They only believe in scaring people and taking people to courts....Do NOT be afraid of them....Just protect whatever you have and you will be fine...When these fukkkers evils realize they cannot collect anything, then they will be reasonable.....They are NOT going to be nice. Their job is to be nasty....So do NOT be scared...Insult them if you have to and change your number.....Rick

Sub: #19 posted on Sun, 09/14/2008 - 02:40

Unregistered

I would like to respond to the one idiot that claimed they worked at Zwicker and made 100,000 a year. Yea Right!!! Most people that are in debt is a result of a bad circumstance. Like the loss of a job or illness. It's not cause they are losers and don't want to pay they bills. It's sad when the only job you can get is to make harrassing phone calls to people and treat them like their less then human. Watch the news we're in a global recession. But I get by knowing that your treatment of people when their at their lowest will come back and bite you in the a_ _!!!

Sub: #20 posted on Tue, 04/28/2009 - 17:11

Unregistered

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.114 seconds.