Skip to main content
index page

Asset Acceptance LLC complaints: How to deal with the CA

Submitted by on Mon, 08/01/2005 - 15:37
Credits:
[Donate]

So far I filed Asset Acceptance LLC complaints with the BBC and the FTC, but her is my story as short as I can make it.
In the beginning of June I received an Asset Acceptance collections letter stating they would meet me dollar for dollar on my credit card debt, so my girlfriend called the company and explained to them that this sounds like a good idea. Chris Sutton the representative handling the case said I needed $100 as intent to cooperate. So my girlfriend used her bank account to pay the $100 to get me going, Chris explained that I must pay $773.80 starting next month for 3 months. July came along and I received a letter stating they would be depositing $773.80 to their account from my girlfriends account. This was not authorized by her or me. So I called them and spoke to a representative named Marva who was filling in for Chris Sutton, I explained to her that I do not have the funds at this time and that we did not autorized any automatic transactions from my girlfriends account. Marva explained that they do not take the funds directly out of the account and that the letter should have been worded better. Happy with this answer I ended the call. Two weeks later we noticed the amount of $773.80 was take from my girlfriends account by Asset Acceptance without authorization. So I called on 8/1/2005 and was told by a supervisor Robert (Bob) Mills that they will not give me my money back after explaining that they took it from my girlfriends account without authorization, and that his representatives told me it would be directly taken out of her account. At this time I asked for the two recordings of the conversation he than stated their are none. So I asked how could he possibly know what was said from the representative without a recorded conversation which the representatives told me was being recorded.
So now my girlfriend is out of $773.80 of her hard earned money because of tactics used by this company. All I want is her money returned back to her account but I dont know where to begin to fight this. Asset Acceptance supervisor pretty much acted like We won you lost get over it bye!
Help me!

Thank you so much mike for your advice. I have tried to resolve this problem the funny thing is i have never gotten a bill or anything from them at all, they bought this accont from household back in may and the only other account that i had besides my house with them im already taking care of with Global acceptance. They seem to think that they also bought taht account and now im being taken to court for something that im already taking care of. The only other thing that it could be was a computer that i financed and then gave back to the company and that couldnt be it because i dont have the computer anymore lol..I dont know i will try to call them again this am and see if i can get some answers. but thanks for the advice and i will do what you said..thank you again angelblue_34205

Submitted by on Wed, 11/23/2005 - 05:45

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Hi angelblue

Quote:

They seem to think that they also bought that account and now im being taken to court for something that im already taking care of with Global acceptance.

If asked, you can prove in the court that the said account is being taken care of with Global acceptance. You must be having receipt of your payments made towards this account. On the other side, if Asset fails in producing the legal documents about this account, you have full chance to win this case.

The most important thing to consider if it is taken to the court is that you should be present there. If you fail to appear in the court, the judge will rule in Asset's favor and you will be legally forced to pay it even though it might not be your accounts.

I hope that this matter gets resolved properly.

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Wed, 11/23/2005 - 09:47

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

Yeah mike they finally called me and they said it was from a visa card back in 1996 and that the last payment was made feb 2001. I didnt have any credit cards back in 1996 and dont ever remember making a payment on one in feb of 2001. So i answered their court summons and said that i believe it was identity theift and that i have never had a credit card with household credit. See how that goes and yes i will be in that court hearing because i know it wasnt me. Thank you very much for all the advice..

Submitted by on Wed, 11/23/2005 - 16:21

Hi Roxette,
Thanks for your reply.I did answer but im sorry i didnt read the name and thought it was mike again i apologize, I will be in that court hearing unfortantly i cant afford an attorney so i will have to do this on my own. I hope i can make it all work out. Let you all know what happens. Angelblue_34205

Submitted by on Wed, 11/23/2005 - 16:27

I went down and sent my answer to the court summons. I checked today and they filed it quick. I will go to the court hearing but i know that they have the wrong person. I have never reseived a bill for any of this and never received anything from asset either. But Roxette you are right everything will work out. My ex husband even said he would go to court with me lol..That one blew my mind. I will check back here and let everyone know what happens Dec 2 because that is when i have to go to court. Take care and let you know....Sandy

Submitted by on Thu, 11/24/2005 - 19:17

Well roxette,
I went to my hearing and i denied it and they are setting it up for a mediation hearing and asset will bring all document to that hearing. All went well i felt. Let you know more when i go to that one..Thanks for all the advice...Sandy

Submitted by on Fri, 12/02/2005 - 06:26

Quote:

In the beginning of June I received a letter stating asset acceptance llc would meet me dollar for dollar on my credit card debt, so my girlfriend called the company and explained to them that this sounds like a good idea. Chris Sutton the representative handling the case said I needed $100 as intent to cooperate. So my girlfriend used her bank account to pay the $100 to get me going, Chris explained that I must pay $773.80 starting next month for 3 months. July came along and I received a letter stating they would be depositing $773.80 to their account from my girlfriends account. This was not authorized by her or me. So I called them and spoke to a representative named Marva who was filling in for Chris Sutton, I explained to her that I do not have the funds at this time and that we did not autorized any automatic transactions from my girlfriends account. Marva explained that they do not take the funds directly out of the account and that the letter should have been worded better. Happy with this answer I ended the call. Two weeks later we noticed the amount of $773.80 was take from my girlfriends account by Asset Acceptance LLC without authorization. So I called on 8/1/2005 and was told by a supervisor Robert (Bob) Mills that they will not give me my money back after explaining that they took it from my girlfriends account without authorization, and that his representatives told me it would be directly taken out of her account. At this time I asked for the two recordings of the conversation he than stated their are none. So I asked how could he possibly know what was said from the representative without a recorded conversation which the representatives told me was being recorded.

So now my girlfriend is out of $773.80 of her hard earned money because of tactics used by this company. All I want is her money returned back to her account but I dont know where to begin to fight this. Asset Acceptance supervisor pretty much acted like We won you lost get over it bye!

well, i'm coming into thise topic a little late, i might be able to still give some advice here. i see a few FLAT-OUT illegal things going on in regards to this situation.

first, it is against fdcpa law for a collection agency to give out ANY personal information to any 3rd party. a girlfriend/boyfriend is considered a 3rd party. however, it is possible for a 3rd party to call in and offer to pay on someone else's debt. you might want to ask your gf if they devulged any info to her in regards to your debt.

second, all collection agencies must make it clear if they are post-dating future payments. as per fdcpa law, agencies must mail out letter before the payments are to be made, just as reminders. sounds like your gf did receive one of those letters and the rep who simply said it was 'worded wrong' was wrong herself!!

third, not all conversations are recorded. however, in certain states the ca's MUST state if the conversation is being recorded, or COULD BE recorded. that disclaimer MUST BE given in the start of the conversation. also, ca's are not required to play back recorded conversations or send them to the debtors.

while i'm not sure if anything can be done to get the money back from them, it sounds like the ca violated fdcpa laws and they should be reported to the ftc.

Submitted by on Fri, 12/02/2005 - 16:14

Roxette,
Well i got the date for the mediation hearing finally and i will surly keep you informed on what happens. Then i got a bill from the and this is the first bill i have ever got from them ever. Isnt that just funny. I know that this isnt me and i have gotten some legal advice on this also. They are using the pay off date as date of last payment and they really cant do that and the statue of limitation on these things are 5 years and it has been well over that. So really they cant even be taking me to court but they are and im sure im going to win this thing hands down. I will be going to this in january on the 12th and i will come in a post when it is all done so that you will know what happens. Thanks again for all your support thru all of this. Its nice to know that there is some people out there you can talk to about these kinds of things. Thank you again..

Sandy

Submitted by on Fri, 12/16/2005 - 13:40

Thanks Angelblue

Expiry of SOL does not restrict the collection agency or lender from filing a case against the consumer. In fact, they have the legal rights to do so.

But as a consumer, you need to be aware of the fact that the SOL has expired on this account and as a result, you can't be sued and won't have to pay this debt.

SOL is a very important factor and more important than this is to present yourself in the court with your defense. Always dispute whenever you are served with any papers. If you do not dispute, the collector will hold a stronger place proving that you have a legitimate debt and you are trying to escape it. This is serious and if it happens, you can be legally forced to pay off the total amount. At this situation, nothing much can happen to your favor.

With all my best wishes, I pray for your case to be a successful one. You will be definitely overcoming this problem with a smile in your face. I will be waiting to hear from you in Jan. (Keep copies of each and every document in a file)

Thanks
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Fri, 12/16/2005 - 14:54

roxette

I have an original creditor with Providian for the amount of 2,000. Last doa was 12/2000. Asset Accept.bought the account and both Providian and Asset are showing entrys on my cr. The only difference is that Providian shows 2,000 owed and Asset is showing 4,391.00 owed (for the same acct.) and keeps going up every month. Can they do this? I went through a bad divorce and I am trying to finally clean up what I can. It just looks twice as bad with 2 entrys on my acct. Asset is actually reporting it as OPEN. I have tried to dispute it but the ca sent me back info. saying Asset confirmed the account. I called Asset and the rep. basically asked me if I was a **** and had slept with an attorney when I mentioned unfair practice,etc.. Is all this legal?

[color=Red]****Adult term removed - Jason[/color]

Submitted by on Thu, 01/05/2006 - 16:45

KLL

OMG, don't take this humiliation as your fate. Show your stronger side and strike with legal charges of using abusive/profane language. Get the calls recorded and show it to your lawyer. If recording of debt collection calls is permissible in your state, do it. Otherwise, inform the caller that you are recording it for legal actions.

Regarding your debt, the debt of last activity in this account is 12/2000. In which state did this account originate? I wonder it might be out of the SOL period. On such circumstances you can't be forced to pay it and can't be brought under any legal actions.

I am assuming that Asset Acceptance is doing some kind of fraudulent activity in your credit report. Two companies cannot report for the same account at the same time. Dispute with the credit bureau that is reporting this account. They will investigate the matter and correct the file. They will send you an update copy of your CR.

When you get a call from Asset Acceptance, keep in mind of recording their call and ask for debt validation. The collection agency is bound to send the details of the debt in writing after you have placed the request. Send your letter certified with return receipt requested. Doing this, you will have proof to defend yourself and file legal charges against them. Have proof of everything while you are filing charges against the company. Asset is one of the worst debt collection agencies in the market. The perfect term that comes in my mind for them is that they are 'goons and scumbags' Be careful.

I think you can look for some professional help also. The debt consultants are trained enough to handle such kinds of collection agencies and you will be free from all their harassments.

Submitted by ben on Thu, 01/05/2006 - 17:00

ben

( Posts: 2034 | Credits: )

KLL,
Dont take that from them. Get some legal advice or hire an attorney. They cant talk to anyone in that manner. Im dealing with them right now for a dept that isnt mine and they can be rude. I know from experience. And two creditors can not report on the same account. Talk to some one for some good strong legal advice that would be the best that you can do and do record any calls from them. Good luck and let us all know what happens...

Sandy

Submitted by on Fri, 01/06/2006 - 05:17

Thank you guys for the info. I was shocked when the rep. replied to me in the manner he did. I live in the state of GA, and the SOL is 7 years. The fact that they show me responsible for over $6,000.00 when it is not that amount just drags my credit down. I think I will seek legal representation since I have already disputed it with the CB, and had them do a reinvestigation. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again!

Submitted by on Sun, 01/08/2006 - 16:00

Roxette,
I went to the mediation hearing and they never showed up because they had dismissed everything and never notified me. The only thing i dont understand is why they dismissed with prejudice? That sounds worse then being accused of a debt that isnt yours to begin with. Well it is all done and over with and that is what i care about. Thanks for all your support thru this and if i can help anyone else i will be there for them also. Thanks again...
Sandy

Submitted by on Fri, 01/13/2006 - 04:54

Sandy

Good to hear back from you ! :D

As expected, you have the court papers in your favor. Show it to the CRA and get your file updated. Hopefully, due to an improved credit history, you will have a little rise in your credit scores.

I will be glad if you can join our community and offer suggestions to those in similar situations. Besides, this forum has many other exclusive features available to the consumers. Register yourself here absolutely free of cost. We will appreciate if you can keep in touch with us.

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Fri, 01/13/2006 - 12:07

roxette

Roxette,
Thank you so much it was a great help just knowing that there was a place like this to get advice at and i will think about joining. Im just so busy with work and everything i just dont know if i would have the time to get in here and help anyone out like you have done for me. Well Thank you again and i will tell everyone i know about this site and how it helped me out.
Sandy

Submitted by on Fri, 01/13/2006 - 13:35

Angel here is the definition DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE - When a case is dismissed for good reason and the plaintiff is barred from bringing an action on the same claim. It does not mean anything bad. Its over. You won

Submitted by on Fri, 01/13/2006 - 14:32

What this means is that they realized you were right, told the court that and by dismissing with predjudice, they cannot ever bring the issue up again. Make sure you haev a copy of the order of dismissal for your records.

Submitted by on Fri, 01/13/2006 - 14:37

jj,
I do have a copy and thank you for telling me that. I know i lost some time from my job but im glad that it all over with and i will make sure that it gets reported and taken off my credit. Thank you so much for all the help i have gotten here.

Sandy

Submitted by on Sat, 01/14/2006 - 05:09

Roxette,
Is it true that when ever you pull your credit report that it takes your score down? I want to be able to find out if they take that off there and when but i dont want to lower my score anymore then it is. I know that i have a tax program that came with a free credit check and im wanting to do that but like i said dont want to hurt my score anymore then it has been in the past. Exhusband screwed it all up and now he is trying to fix it. Well any advice wold be great Thank you Sandy

Submitted by on Mon, 01/16/2006 - 05:50

Credit scores are lowered by the number of specific inquires made in your report. However, not all the inquiries can be included in that count. Ordering for a credit copy by you, your creditor or your employer does not lower the credit scores at all.

You are authorized to get a copy of your CR absolutely free once a year. After this, there are some nominal charges for each order.

Submitted by david on Mon, 01/16/2006 - 12:36

david

( Posts: 1229 | Credits: )

David thank you very much for that information. It was very helpful.
Sandy

Submitted by on Wed, 01/25/2006 - 05:03

hello i am seeing a account that seems to be open on my credit report. I was wondering if there was any kind of way i can get that resolved

Submitted by on Sat, 01/28/2006 - 16:22

Darmaine, just so I understand you correctly, is the account just listed as 'open' but you don't have a balance or anything on it?

What you can do is contact the creditor and tell them that you wish to close the account. Exxon sent me a gas card a while back, and since I never used it, it still remained 'open' on my credit report until I wrote and told them that I wanted it closed. In my case, I didn't apply for this card, they just sent it to me and the next thing, its showing up on my credit report as open. I wrote and told them thanks but no thanks. It was closed and after contacting the credit bureaus to let them know about it, they removed it from my report. I hope I helped. shirley

You know--this brings up an interesting question. A credit card company sends you a card, you never use it OR activate it, yet it shows up on your report? why?? is it because a company issued you credit so it shows on your report? what if you didn't even ask for it and never used it, they report that you have it.
What does this do to your credit report? nothing---or good or bad??? why do they report it if its never been used? just curious.

Submitted by imkimssister on Sat, 01/28/2006 - 16:32

imkimssister

( Posts: 1301 | Credits: )

Darmaine, you have to talk to the customer care of Asset Acceptance and get the status of this open account. Ask for any dues if it's added in it. After you have paid it off, send a letter to close the account. Insist on getting a statement in writing after the closure of the account.

Submitted by david on Sat, 01/28/2006 - 16:33

david

( Posts: 1229 | Credits: )

Asset Acceptance, LLC
28405 Van Dyke Ave.
Warren, MI 48093
YOU MUST SEND CERTIFIED AND REGISTERED MAIL. BOTH!!!

Don't forget to file a complaint to Mike Cox, Attorney General of MI (you can file online)

Submitted by on Sun, 01/29/2006 - 18:05

Hi I have a few accounts with Asset Acceptance and have asked them to send letters stating the balance and interest being charged. Needless to say I have not received anything but a whole lot of nasty phone calls at work from one Linda Hansen. What can I do to get those letters with the information mailed out to me?

Submitted by on Thu, 02/09/2006 - 11:02

Hi Veronica! how have you sent the statement request to Asset Acceptance? If you have sent it through certified mail with return receipt requested, you must be having the green slip signed by them ensuring accurate delivery. This receipt can prove your legal side asking for validation of the account and the CA has failed to honor your request.

To make things look more legal, use a debt validation letter available in this forum for getting the accurate picture of your account and to know that the CA contacting you is having a legitimate purpose. You should know it in legal terms that they are the ones authorized to collect the debt from you.

In case, the collection agency takes the matter to the court (though they never will because they failed to validate your debt), the green slip signed by them will be an important proof for getting decisions made by the judge in your favor.

Submitted by curlycarl on Thu, 02/09/2006 - 11:19

curlycarl

( Posts: 616 | Credits: )

I received a notice about a debt from 20 years ago. This debt has never been on my credit report nor have I ever heard from the creditor. I wrote to Asset and asked for proof of the debt, the response I got said the last transaction on the account was 1986. I checked with a lawyer who told me there is a statute of limitations on collecting a revolving charge debt and 20 years ago is way beyond the statute of limitations in any state. I was also told not to make payment arrangements or pay them a penny because that would start the statute of limitations over as of the day I made those arrangements and they could put the debt on my credit report. The lawyer also told me that if they take me to court, all I had to say was the statute of limitations has passed and the case would likely be dismissed. Should I write to them again and tell them I am not going to pay it because the statute of limitations has passed? I don't want to get into a long drawn out process with them.

Submitted by on Thu, 03/02/2006 - 14:46

Hi Judy,

I would definitely consider writing them and explaining that it is past the statute of limitations. There is nothing they can do about it, and it shouldn't be on your credit report at this point. If they want to take you to court, they will more than likely be laughed at by a judge. I would recommend sending a letter through certified mail, return receipt requested, to be sure they receive it. Please keep us updated, this is an interesting situation!

~Mary

Submitted by Mary on Thu, 03/02/2006 - 14:50

Mary

( Posts: 1344 | Credits: )

Thanks Mary. Needless to say I was shocked when I got that letter. The whole situation was funny to begin with...I moved and notified the creditor of my new address. I drove 2 hours each way for 3 months in a row to pay the bill, each time changing my address in person. When the 4th month came and I did not get another statement, I blew it off because I was not driving 4 hours to pay a $35 bill. I never heard from them again nor was it ever on my credit report. This is the first time I have heard about this debt in 20 years. I will let you know what happens.

Submitted by on Thu, 03/02/2006 - 14:56

I have a collection for 20K listed on CR from Asset. They purchased from Household credit. Household wrote off for 15K. I must clear for my security clearance at work. If I pay Household full amount am I in the clear? I have no problems now (thank goodness) and would like to clear this remaining black mark on credit, but don't even want to deal with Asset, but looks like I am forced to? Also if I have to deal with them, is there any evidence from anyone that they will change to paying as agreed after a few payments? It is terrible because it come off in 12/06 on credit report, and past SOL, but employer looks at it as debt, so have few options now? Any suggestions appreciated.

Submitted by on Tue, 03/07/2006 - 03:12

Quote:

It is terrible because it come off in 12/06 on credit report, and past SOL

If am not wrong, your debt is past SOL and going to get off your credit report in Dec 2006, right? Then why are you disturbing the system? You are not legally obliged to pay a past SOL debt. And if the account is charged-off, it is likely to be updated as paid charged-off which is slightly better than charged-off. So think twice before paying.

Submitted by stanley on Tue, 03/07/2006 - 11:12

stanley

( Posts: 1639 | Credits: )

Last year I did a credit check in feb; I found the Assets Acceptance LLC as a new negative mark. I had never recieved a phone call or letter indicating that I owned or held a bad debt. I called them and it turned out that I had an electric bill that didn't close until three months after I had moved. I paid them $480.00 over the phone on 2/10/05. I wanted to dispute the information but I don't think I could prove that I had canceled the electric when I moved. My real problem with this is: 1) I didn't hear from the electric company or Assets Ac. LLC ever- 2) After I paid the debt in febuary the account remained open in collections until April 3) Even after I paid it and the money was removed from my account I never recieve a letter confirming the payment of my account.

What can i do to at least make my credit report accurate?

Submitted by on Thu, 03/09/2006 - 08:30

JohnK,

Since it was a telephonic conversation it will be tough for you to prove that you paid the bill to them. Keep the bank statement with you; it can be served as evidence that they received money from your account.

Have you asked them for receipts of your payment? Call them up and see how they respond. You can also ask them to update your credit report properly.

If they fail to respond dispute it with credit bureau. Bureau will open an investigation and will update your report accordingly. You can send copy of your bank statement to bureau to enhance the investigation process. Send the dispute letter through certified mail with return receipt requested. Keep us posted.

Submitted by stanley on Thu, 03/09/2006 - 11:27

stanley

I have only one black mark on my credit. Asset Acceptance until 01/07. Unfortunatly, my employer the govt, goes back 7 years for clearances, and mine is due. I have to list this debt and make settlement. Tough thing since it is past SOL and only 6 mos. to drop off report.

Question is: The guy as Asset was also oversea and seemed professional to deal with as I was expected a battle after everything I read here. They will send me a debt validation. Told him I could not deal with this old loan until I knew they bought it. No problem, it can dealt with lump sum, over 3 payments, or payment plan. Naturally he said the lump sum they can give bigger discounts. What is the best way to handle this to get my credit report not to say "paid charge off for 7 years". He tells me they own it and can make that part of the settlement, and it would be marked PAID. This was for 15K originally, but 20K with their charges. Don't know if to settle or pay payments, but I am in a catch 22, I have to deal with it before I submit this package for a clearance. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Submitted by on Fri, 03/10/2006 - 04:38

Stan,

You are right. The reason it is terrible is because for the government to give you a security clearance you have to list all debts in the last 7 years, and there has to be dispostion on it. I am screwed because I have to take care of quickly and I have to turn this information in in June, so kinda of stuck. I made another post on here for any suggestions. At this point I just have to resolve however I can at the best advantage.

Submitted by on Fri, 03/10/2006 - 04:49

If the debt is past SOL, you can directly tell them stop contacting you and you are not going to pay a past SOL debt. Moreover it is going to get off of your report within 6 months.

However, if you decide to pay it back because it is your debt, then try to get everything in writing. They have told you it will be reported as paid, right? You have to ask for a written statement as well. Once you get a satisfactory agreement, you can pay it back. I will go with lump sum payment and avoid the risk of getting defaulted again. Keep us posted.

Submitted by stanley on Fri, 03/10/2006 - 11:44

stanley

I had a bill from asset and was ordered to go to court. I went and denied the bill and the SOL was up on it also and the set it for a mediation hearing. Well Asset never even showed up to the mediation and i got a letter where they dropped the bill and it isnt on my credit report. So never pay anything that is SOL or attempt to make payments because then it goes on your credit report again from the first payment. Just denie it and let it go that way. Sandy

Submitted by on Fri, 04/07/2006 - 14:30

Hi,

I've been fighting Asset Acceptance for several months about an old bill from SBC that I never opened. It was opened in LA in 2002 and I've been living and working in NYC since 2001! I disputed it through the credit reporting agencies, I tried to contact them about the bill and how to get it off my report because it is a fraudulent account and they just told me I have to pay it (even though it's NOT mine!!) They said that they would send dispute forms, but all I got was a letter saying that I contacted them to let them know that it was already paid (a total LIE!!), and that they were requesting proof of payment. I sent them the police report, and a declaration that I did not own the account, and it is still on my credit report! I also filed a complaint with the FTC, but all I've done so far is filed complaint after complaint and sent affadavits...and this is still on my credit report and affecting my score. I even saw that they had an inquiry for collection purposes on this disputed account recently! I'm at my wit's end, what else can I do?

Submitted by on Mon, 04/10/2006 - 16:59

Seems you have to get it removed through credit bureaus. Fraudulent entries cannot stay in your report. Send them a detailed report of all the communications you have with Asset and CRAs so far. Attach copies of police report and all the other documents you have. It is credit bureaus' responsibility to investigate the item and rectify it.

You can also consult a lawyer if the item is not removed this time.

Submitted by curlycarl on Tue, 04/11/2006 - 15:24

curlycarl

( Posts: 616 | Credits: )

I recieved a letter from asset acceptance llc, stating I owe $340. After calling them, they claimed this amount is from a loan made in 1996. First of all, I've never heard of Credit America. Upon researching "Credit America", I've found it to be a credit card scam from 1987. The people perpetrating the scam were convicted in 1990. Secondly, I've never recieved a loan of any sort or even a credit in 1996. What do I do? Do I report Asset Acceptance LLC to the Better Business Bureau?

Submitted by on Thu, 05/18/2006 - 18:11

It is Citi Banks policy to not remove negative grades from your credit score. They will however upgrade it to a PAID or SETTLED. Asset Acceptance usualy reports PAID in full on settled accounts. At least they did on mine. But it did not remove my original r9 mark. But an r9 paid is better than an r9 unpaid.

Submitted by FYI on Thu, 05/18/2006 - 18:41

FYI

( Posts: 1950 | Credits: )