Skip to main content
index page

Asset Acceptance LLC complaints: How to deal with the CA

Submitted by on Mon, 08/01/2005 - 15:37
Credits:
[Donate]

So far I filed Asset Acceptance LLC complaints with the BBC and the FTC, but her is my story as short as I can make it.
In the beginning of June I received an Asset Acceptance collections letter stating they would meet me dollar for dollar on my credit card debt, so my girlfriend called the company and explained to them that this sounds like a good idea. Chris Sutton the representative handling the case said I needed $100 as intent to cooperate. So my girlfriend used her bank account to pay the $100 to get me going, Chris explained that I must pay $773.80 starting next month for 3 months. July came along and I received a letter stating they would be depositing $773.80 to their account from my girlfriends account. This was not authorized by her or me. So I called them and spoke to a representative named Marva who was filling in for Chris Sutton, I explained to her that I do not have the funds at this time and that we did not autorized any automatic transactions from my girlfriends account. Marva explained that they do not take the funds directly out of the account and that the letter should have been worded better. Happy with this answer I ended the call. Two weeks later we noticed the amount of $773.80 was take from my girlfriends account by Asset Acceptance without authorization. So I called on 8/1/2005 and was told by a supervisor Robert (Bob) Mills that they will not give me my money back after explaining that they took it from my girlfriends account without authorization, and that his representatives told me it would be directly taken out of her account. At this time I asked for the two recordings of the conversation he than stated their are none. So I asked how could he possibly know what was said from the representative without a recorded conversation which the representatives told me was being recorded.
So now my girlfriend is out of $773.80 of her hard earned money because of tactics used by this company. All I want is her money returned back to her account but I dont know where to begin to fight this. Asset Acceptance supervisor pretty much acted like We won you lost get over it bye!
Help me!

You all know about the debt you owe, and that it appears on your credit report because you do owe. Asset Acceptance, like any other collection agency is legit, has your debt, has reporting rights, and can make any kind of settlement and arrangement with you to pay it, and if not paid, Asset Acceptance has the power to further damanage your credit on unpaid debt, no matter how little or big the amount.

No longer should you all continue to dodge your financial responsibility by discrediting the collection agency whose job it is to collect on--for the sake of desolving--your rightful debt. Otherwise, it will stay with you and affect your life. If not Asset Acceptance, than some other agency will always have your debt on record and will be in touch with you.

For you who is dodging your responsibility, what collector will you consider legit enough to pay?

You will always remain in debt and in collections, because it is your desire to keep yourself there.

Submitted by on Fri, 04/04/2008 - 11:45

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

you btru,will be a troll and a shill.assest acceptance is a bottom feeder CA.the fdcpa exsists for a reason.to protect consumers from collection slime.tell me something,how many AG complaints did you mark pif?how many default judgements got thrown out for improper service?assest acceptance is a blight on an industry with a dicey reputation as it is.your well bluster did nothing to sway anybody here otherwise.

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 04/04/2008 - 12:03

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

i also recieved a summons from asset acceptance for a debt i owed in 1999.i have written them and ask for payment book and if i could pay small monthly payments on the acct. the said owed amt has tripled since 1999.i am currently unemployed and just feel its un fair. :(

Submitted by on Fri, 05/02/2008 - 16:46

I have posted this story on a few sites in hopes that it will help others are being overcharged and/or taken advantage of.

My fianc???? was sued by Asset as well. We/he never received a copy of the summons and complaint either. So a default judgment was entered against him. It seems like this company loves these kinds of cases. If you live in Michigan and you go to your local court????????s website and check the online records you will see hundreds of cases filed by Asset. The majority of these cases seem to have no active defendant. I went through hundreds of cases before I found one where the defendant responded to the summons and complaint. That was the only case I was able to locate that Asset did not win. There was probably some settlement or the case was dismissed. So I decided we should file a motion to have the judgment overturned. I found an example of a completed motion, used that as a guide and filed the paperwork. He did actually have defense because we disputed the collection amount in numerous conversations and also sent certified letters asking for validation. They were asking for over $5000 than what was owed. We made sure we called Asset at least twice a month to follow up on the status of the validation we requested. We wanted to be proactive and resolve the issue. This went on for at least 6 months and we never received the validation. Finally in March we called like we did every month and their story changed. They used to tell us all the time that the paperwork was on the way. This time they told us they didn????????t have to send it because they had a judgment against him. That was news to us. So I checked the court website and sure enough there it was.

When I filed the motion, I included the phone records showing over a dozen calls to Asset. I provided a copy of the letter with the signed proof of receipt. Then I was able to dispute their claim that he was served on 1/2/08 because he was actually out of town and we had the plane and hotel records to support that. But you have to be careful with this one because I learned that all they have to do is show that they attempted to serve you, file an affidavit and the court accepts that you were served. That was heartbreaking to learn. However, we still had the opportunity to ask the judge to overturn the judgment and I wanted to go for it. It wasn????????t my debt but I was so nervous because I completed the paperwork and I was not confident that I had done it right. Our case started at 9:30am but we got there early. With about 5 minutes to go an Asset lawyer called us in the hall and offered a fair settlement. The judgment will come off his record and his credit report will be corrected as well.

To sum it up, if you feel you are being taken advantage of, fight it. Make sure you document all conversations. Maintain communication so they can????????t say you are trying to avoid paying. Find a way to document your calls to them. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ask for validation. It seems they rarely ever have this document. They may tell you they have it and they may even tell you they are working to get it out to you. But be careful because they could be working behind the scenes on a lawsuit you may know nothing about and if you receive court papers, always respond.

Submitted by Jennise_Samuels on Sat, 05/03/2008 - 07:20

Jennise_Samuels

( Posts: 3 | Credits: )

If these people are trying to contact you, this is an old debt; there is a good chance they bought this debt for pennies on the dollar, and trying to collect it from you for the full amount. The reason why who ever was the company who you owed, knows they cannot collect the debt from you anymore,(mostly b/c the statute of limitations has run out) so they sell it. Never give these people you account info, if you want to pay them send a money order. But if you know this debt is old and the limitations has ran out, you do not have to pay, But never say you owe the debt, will pay on the debt, b/c it start the clock all over. Just tell them if they contact you is "The Statute of limitations has run on this debt;and do not contact me again"
Just wanted to pass along what I learned.

Submitted by on Sun, 06/08/2008 - 06:51

So my wife had this show up on her credit from Asset Acceptance. This makes no sense, this is cut and paste from her credit report:

ASSET ACCEPTANCE COR
Account Number: FIRST USA-XXXXXXXX
Acct Type: Open Account
Acct Status: Open
Monthly Payment:
Date Open: 1/1/0001
Balance: $13,792.00
Terms:
High Balance: $10,012.00
Limit:
Past Due: $13,792.00
Payment Status: At least 120 days or more than four payments past due
Comments: COLLECTION ACCOUNT

Now does this look strange to anyone else?
Look at the date account opened?

This is a fictitious account for almost $14,000. This is absurd.

Outside of writing the letters to the credit bureaus, are there any other techniques to get this stuff off her credit report?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.

Submitted by on Tue, 06/10/2008 - 21:47

Let's pick apart the errors, and by errors I mean Fair Credit Reporting Act violations.
1. Account states it is open, should be collection or closed (I'm sure it's been charged off)
2. Account type: Open account, this is not an open account, it is a collection account.
3. Date open is incorrect, this must match the original creditors date open so that when the original creditor's entry expires after 7 years, 180 days this will go with it.
4. Payment status, this s a collection account and you had never established any agreement to pay them, you cannot be past due, especially if it is a charged off account.

It looks to me like they are trying to post like they are the original creditor to further damage your FICO score. If they reported this way with all 3 major credit reporting bureaus then your looking at 12 FCRA violations which would be worth $12,000 in statutory damages.

Submitted by JCEMT on Wed, 06/11/2008 - 04:11

JCEMT

( Posts: 2934 | Credits: )

so today i recieved a letter in the mail from asset acceptance that states

Dear ____

We have recently learned that you may have inquired with a mortgage company about purchasing a new home or refinancing the one you own. This may be the opportunity you have been waiting for to resolve your past due obligations. Now is a great time to take advantage of the Mortgage referral team here at asset acceptance llc.

The orginal creditor is AIMCO which i never even heard of to begin with. The only AIMCO i know is the transmission shop where we got our transmission fixed and my grandfather paid the balance in full using his credit card. There's no way I could be getting charged still from them.

Is this even right for them to do? I called them today without giving them my info and they told me that when I apply for something i authorize everyone to go into my report to see what i'm doing. i don't understand this. is this even legal for them to go into my credit report to check inquiries i have made? My husband and i are in the process of rebuilding our credit so we can buy our rent to own home. I was pretty upset today when I got this letter and i'm not sure if anyone else has recieved similary letters!

Nicole

Submitted by on Thu, 07/03/2008 - 16:17

I have been informed that a credit card has been used in my name with charges of $2700 (not sure if that is principal or interest included? They wouldn't tell me).

I am dealing with Asset Acceptance, Inc and they will not inform me of the charges, location of the charges, and such stating it is against their policy.

They have pressured me into paying them and now I am scheduled for court in 2-days.

What are my rights? I have spoken to the police department and I cannot get a police report without knowing where the charges were made. Help!

Concerned

Submitted by on Mon, 08/25/2008 - 19:38

I have an really old, outstanding bill from my wild, crazy, irresposible college days that Asset Acc. is attempting to collect. I totally forgot about it until now. I'm certain that the bill is mine, although it doesn't appear on my credit report and they have my middle initial incorrect. They are offering me a significantly discounted settlement offer (70%) that I would like to pay before it does appear on my credit report, but after having read this website I'm affraid of being ripped off. They say in their letter that I can go to paymybill.com to settle up. Should I pay this way, or should I pay by certified check or money order? I feel like I don't dare call them after having read the complaints registered here. Any suggestions?

Submitted by on Wed, 09/17/2008 - 16:07

I am a former employee of Asset Acceptance. I don't know if this will help you out, but on April 1, AA is set to lay off around a dozen employees in the Compliance/Legal department. Many of them are expected to be workers in the Quality Assurance Department. In other words, these are the very SAME people who are supposed to be monitoring the collectors so that they will not continue to violate your rights!
Also, you should all know that people in the QA department have REPEATEDLY complained that their reports against offending collectors have gone unanswered! In other words, the QA folks say, "Here are the violations we found!" and the supervisors and various powers that be basically say, "We can't hear you!"

Submitted by on Sun, 03/29/2009 - 17:07

This is the Asset Acceptance managerial hierarchy as of March 26, 2009. This information was sent to all associates of the company on this date by CEO Rion Needs via email. These names are being mentioned for informational purposes only.

Rion Needs President/CEO

Mark Redman Senior Vico Pres./CFO
Sharon Koenig Vice Pres and Controller
Jeff Bankowski Director Business Planning and Financial Analysis
Karen Dumas Director and Assistant Controller
Kathy Rodes Director Tax
Jeff Reese Director Internal Audit

Ambrish Sundaram Vice Pres Information Services
Jennifer Allen Director Applications Support
Shravan Kotha Director Data and Information Services
Jay Shell Director Infranstructure Services
Subra Sundaramurthy Director Strategy, Planning, Governance and Support

Darin Herring Vice Pres Legal
Bryan Jeffrey Director Legal Collections
Mike Beach Director Legal
Lynmarie Glowski Director Legal Support
Shawn Thomas Director Business Transformation

Phil Allen Vice Pres Collections
Dan Chapman Director Collections Strategy
Pat Dangel Director Collections
Chuck Hilson Director Collections
Greg Schlaff Director Medical Collections
Thom Whitten Director Collections

Deanna Hatmaker Vice Pres Human Resources
Tammy Hanton Director Human Resources
Moira Morgan Director Training and Development

Edwin Herbert Vice Pres General Counsel
Ken Proctor Director Compliance
Rob Horowitz Director Litigation Counsel

Deborah Everly Senior Vice Pres CAO
Jim Reitzel Direct Marketing
Scott Johnston Director Marketing and Acquisitions
Ken Frazier Director Marketing and Acquisitions

Submitted by on Sun, 03/29/2009 - 17:09

I am currently trying to clean up some debts from my past. However, as with a lot of people, my money is tight. So I would really only prefer to pay lagitimate debts. I have run all there reports (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion) I have seen one entry wich seems a bit odd to me.

On Equifax I see this entry.
Account Name: ASSET ACCEPTANCE COR
Account #: WINDSTREA-3187XXXX
Account Type: Open Account
Balance: $238.00
Date Opened: 1/1/0001
Past Due: $238.00
Payment Status: At least 120 days or more than four payments past due
High Balance: $223.00

Then as a seperate enrty for Experian and TransUnion I see the following-

Account Name: ASSET ACCEPTANCE COR
Account #: 3187XXXX
Account Type: For Equifax-Unknown - Credit Extension, Review, Or Collection. For TansUnion-Collection Account
Balance: $238.00 (same for both as well as Equifax entry)
Date Opened: For Experian - 2/1/2007..For TransUnion - 2/2/2007
Account Status: For Experian- Closed.. For Transunion: Open
Past Due: $238.00
Payment Status: For Experian- Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department.. For TransUnion- Collection account

This MAY be a true debt of mine. However, Originally opend in 1/1/01?!?!?!? How long is a bad choice suppose to follow me? I have lived with bad credit for the past 7-8+ years! Should I still have to pay them on top of that? I feel as if I was given a choice back then. Pay the bill or live with the consequences. (bad credit). Either because I was UNABLE to pay or just simply didn't I 'paid the price' so to speak. Isn't this a bit underhanded?

Submitted by on Tue, 04/07/2009 - 20:50

I had a credit card with Providian back in 2002.Last payment was made at that time.Asset Acceptance took it over and took it to court in 2007.They got a judgement against me.Now its 4/17/09 and they are calling my employer to verify my dates of employment..I'm tight with my employer and they will lie and say i don't work there anymore..Would they know were lying??What can i do because i can't pay my bills if they wage assign me..

Submitted by on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 06:12

unprofessional , rude collectors who won't collect dust if you put them in the corner! i was bullied for a $200 account! please! i am a bill collector on chrysler, mercedies benz , i don't get so excited over $100,000 accounts! must be min wage paying job with no bonus checks

Submitted by on Tue, 04/21/2009 - 13:07

They have without explanation from both my Bank and this company put a hold on my checking account for 9,950!!!! - Do they really have the right to do this without notifying me first?

Submitted by on Mon, 05/18/2009 - 07:47

So I didn't pay $12,000 5 years ago. Why should I have to pay now? I just got a letter from Asset asking for 50%!!! Do I still owe this? This is America! You shouldn't have to pay 1/2 of a 5-year old credit card you charged up wrecklessly!! The goods I bought and didn't pay for are mine!! Now they froze my checking account which had $5k in it. Shouldn't they have to notify me 30-days in advance first??? That way I could withdraw all my money!! This is an outrage!

Submitted by on Wed, 05/20/2009 - 15:49

In Sept. 2002 I was in a serious car accident. The car was totaled and the insurance paid off $13,000. of the 18,000 owed. So that left $5,000 still being owed. Unfortunately I was in physical therapy due to the accident for almost a year and was not able to pay it off. After that I didn't make enough to pay for a car that I no longer had and everyone said it would be removed from my credit after 7 years. The account was sold to LLC Asset Acceptance a little over 6 yeas ago. I pulled my credit report this week to find that LLC Asset Acceptance told the credit agency that they had changed their name and this should be reported as a brand new account and they now say $12,990 is owed on this account. Is this legal? Can they change their name every 6 years and keep this on my credit report for the rest of my life? I can't believe that I stopped for a red light and the guy behind me wanted to run it , so now my credit is messed up permanently. Please, let me know if this is legal. Thanks.

Submitted by on Fri, 05/29/2009 - 20:05

I currently went into my credit union to check to see how much money was in my account and i discovered that a collection agency went into my account without my authorization and the credit honor them with my information what she i do

Submitted by on Sun, 06/14/2009 - 20:13

I received a letter from Asset Acceptance LLC saying that I owe them about 3000 dollars. But the name of the bank they given isn't my bank. They said that I used a credit card and withdrew money from the bank but I dont have a credit card (remember that is not my bank). I think that this is either they're lying or someone had stole my info and make that debt. I really don't know what to do. This thing have never happen to me before. Can someone please give me some advice?

Submitted by on Sun, 06/21/2009 - 18:19

After getting a few "offers" in the mail from them I decided to run my credit report with Equifax 3 in 1. Low and behold they made some inquiries back in April. The "Citibank CC" account they refer to lists a balance of $6480 and an offer of $1944. This "offer" is good until August 31st. I have lived in Florida for the past 5 yrs and prior to that NY. This would have to be something from NY *IF* the debt is indeed mine.

I have no idea what this is about and it doesn't show on any of my credit reports. I'm asked to call an "Amy Wright" about this. My question is what should I do? Ignore them. Send a DV letter?

Thanks

Submitted by on Tue, 08/18/2009 - 18:24

I work for Asset Acceptance.

Everyone has a wrong aspect of this company. There are a few things everyone should know about "unpaid bills".

1) They do not go away. Just because they are past stat for your state and off your credit report, don't mean the responsibility to pay them dissapears.

2) With that being said, we call customers who have had accounts opened and stopped paying in 1988. It's a sense of responsibility.

3) Interest incurred on the account is interest that was indicated on the original agreement and terms. If you stop paying your bill, interet begins to add to it. Asset Acceptance will purchase debt from places like Chase or Wells Fargo 2-5 years after the last payment. What the original creditor does before we get the debt is out of our control, but they charge interest monthly. Then we get the account. Most accounts come with bad addresses, bad phone numbers, and we have to find this information. Some accounts, we find it in a few months and are able to contact the customer. Some, it takes over a year to get a reliable location on the consumer. My only comment on interet is, if you kept up on unpaid bills, it wouldn't be a surprise.

4) Slamming the phone on us, yelling at us, cussing us out and lieing to us by saying it isnt yours doesn't make it better. Asset Acceptance is a publicly traded company, with an A+ rating on the BBB, as well as is on the stock market. We treat each customer in our system with the respect they deserve. We do not assume because your in our system, your a low life, but everyone hangs up on us and no one gives us a chance to speak. Consider listening to a debt collector next time they call you. Sure, we're trying to get you to pay, but listen good, because we're trying to asses your current situation and help you get the account resolved.

5) DO NOT GET DEBT COUNSELORS OR DEBT CONSOLIDATION LOANS WITH THESE COMPANIES ON TV!!!! You pay these people to call us up and say "The balance is $1,000? I can pay $400 now to close the account". YOU CAN DO THIS! You can settle your account, you don't need a third-party!!

If we are doing all of the things that are "illegal" we wouldn't be in business. Please think more clearly about things people. Until you actually discuss your account with someone, you dont know what we have on file. If the account isn't yours...we dont know unless you talk to us. If it's in your SSN but someone elses name, WE DONT KNOW UNLESS WE REACH YOU TO VERIFY!

Submitted by on Wed, 10/21/2009 - 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I work for Asset Acceptance.
Everyone has a wrong aspect of this company. There are a few things everyone should know about "unpaid bills".
1) They do not go away. Just because they are past stat for your state and off your credit report, don't mean the responsibility to pay them dissapears.
2) With that being said, we call customers who have had accounts opened and stopped paying in 1988. It's a sense of responsibility.
3) Interest incurred on the account is interest that was indicated on the original agreement and terms. If you stop paying your bill, interet begins to add to it. Asset Acceptance will purchase debt from places like Chase or Wells Fargo 2-5 years after the last payment. What the original creditor does before we get the debt is out of our control, but they charge interest monthly. Then we get the account. Most accounts come with bad addresses, bad phone numbers, and we have to find this information. Some accounts, we find it in a few months and are able to contact the customer. Some, it takes over a year to get a reliable location on the consumer. My only comment on interet is, if you kept up on unpaid bills, it wouldn't be a surprise.
4) Slamming the phone on us, yelling at us, cussing us out and lieing to us by saying it isnt yours doesn't make it better. Asset Acceptance is a publicly traded company, with an A+ rating on the BBB, as well as is on the stock market. We treat each customer in our system with the respect they deserve. We do not assume because your in our system, your a low life, but everyone hangs up on us and no one gives us a chance to speak. Consider listening to a debt collector next time they call you. Sure, we're trying to get you to pay, but listen good, because we're trying to asses your current situation and help you get the account resolved.
5) DO NOT GET DEBT COUNSELORS OR DEBT CONSOLIDATION LOANS WITH THESE COMPANIES ON TV!!!! You pay these people to call us up and say "The balance is $1,000? I can pay $400 now to close the account". YOU CAN DO THIS! You can settle your account, you don't need a third-party!!
If we are doing all of the things that are "illegal" we wouldn't be in business. Please think more clearly about things people. Until you actually discuss your account with someone, you dont know what we have on file. If the account isn't yours...we dont know unless you talk to us. If it's in your SSN but someone elses name, WE DONT KNOW UNLESS WE REACH YOU TO VERIFY!

Die. Scumbag.

Submitted by on Sun, 11/22/2009 - 20:23

Asset Acceptance is trying to collect from me on a debt that has been sold several times before it ended up with them. I immediately sent them a DV letter and all I got was a form letter stating the original creditor, the original account number, the original balance, my name, address and last 3 digits of my ss number. It also says "enclosed plase find an account statement prepared with information provided to us by the prior creditor". They have not validated the debt, have they?? Do I need to send them yet another DV letter? Help!

Submitted by on Tue, 12/08/2009 - 12:44

I just received a letter form Asset Acceptance LLC stating I owed 3993.82 for a debt from Fleet services, I called and asked to speak to the person on the letter, Nope he is not here but I can help you I was told. I asked who is Fleet services and what is this debt for. I was told it was for a debt that was from 1991.... I was like 1991...

Now keep in mind about 10 years ago I got all my credit cleaned up , at least what was on my credit report. THis company or debt was nto there nor does it ring a bell. I asked for information on this debt and I was told by Asset personal that their info is limited, but they will try to find out what it was for..

I have lived in the same house since 1999 and had the same phone and contact numbers so they saying they could not find me is out of the question..

What should I do next, I am now a small business owner and finding it hard to make ends meet in this economy, I do not need anything bad to show up on my credit report.

Please advise..

Regards

Submitted by on Fri, 12/11/2009 - 11:43

Quote:

I just received a letter form Asset Acceptance LLC stating I owed 3993.82 for a debt from Fleet services, I called and asked to speak to the person on the letter, Nope he is not here but I can help you I was told. I asked who is Fleet services and what is this debt for. I was told it was for a debt that was from 1991.... I was like 1991...

Now keep in mind about 10 years ago I got all my credit cleaned up , at least what was on my credit report. THis company or debt was nto there nor does it ring a bell. I asked for information on this debt and I was told by Asset personal that their info is limited, but they will try to find out what it was for..

I have lived in the same house since 1999 and had the same phone and contact numbers so they saying they could not find me is out of the question..

What should I do next, I am now a small business owner and finding it hard to make ends meet in this economy, I do not need anything bad to show up on my credit report.

Please advise..

Regards

send them a DV letter asap.send it certified mail return receipt.if the debt is from 1991.it is well beyond the SOL for any state.doesn't suprise me as ASSETT is one of the biggest bottomfeeders out there.

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 12/11/2009 - 11:53

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

My mother has had Asset Acceptence after for the second time, same bill. First time they went to court, AA didn't show. She offered to pay some small amounts but got no confirmation. Now, it's the second time in court. They had given her a packet to fill out, but she didn't. It required way to much personal information, including all her savings/checking accounts even ones where she's not the primary. Now, prior to the court date AA has taken money from two different bank accounts that my mother is secondary on, mine and my grandmothers. On my grandmothers account, they took money from her Social Security check (her only income). I know for a fact they can't take SS. We've had the bank send statements in order to get the money refunded, but have only gotten B.S. back. AA reps gave us a fax which they admitted to randomly delete incoming fax.

Is there anyway my mother can still dispute this claim. The court date isn't until the end of December yet they've already claimed funds.

Submitted by on Mon, 12/14/2009 - 07:28

I keep getting calls from asset acceptance llc saying i owe money to jcp&l (which they can apparently buy the accounts from). the only problem is the apartments they say i owe on aren't apartments my business owns, yet our name and po box is being linked to this account as well as a local area manager of jcp&l. therefore i am getting about 28 calls a day (because that's how many accounts there are)...all about money owed from somebody else in 2002? how do i get the calls to stop? this happened once before i am told a couple years ago, same exact thing apparently, but i dont wanna resolve this temporarily. i NEVER want to hear from these people again lol

Submitted by on Tue, 12/15/2009 - 12:26

hi,my name is rani.I had a bank of america account .In 2006 i lost my job.I was job less.Then used my credit card for about $4000.In 2007 i could't pay the bills.my account was closed.I got letters from the bank to repay but i had no income.In 2009 i got a job i am earning very low income.I was planing to pay the balance in 2010.but last week i got a letter from the marshal saying "asset acceptance has a judgement on me pay the full balance $11,253 .I never got a summons from them stating me to come to court.now my question is what should i do.I only used $4000 but there asking me to pay $11000. i want to pay but i cant pay $11000 is too much for me.or is there a such law that i could fight with them for not giving me a summons. please help

Submitted by on Wed, 01/27/2010 - 02:46

hi there! I am new to the board and just wanted to introduce myself :)

Submitted by on Sun, 02/21/2010 - 14:38

Quote:

hi,my name is rani.I had a bank of america account .In 2006 i lost my job.I was job less.Then used my credit card for about $4000.In 2007 i could't pay the bills.my account was closed.I got letters from the bank to repay but i had no income.In 2009 i got a job i am earning very low income.I was planing to pay the balance in 2010.but last week i got a letter from the marshal saying "asset acceptance has a judgement on me pay the full balance $11,253 .I never got a summons from them stating me to come to court.now my question is what should i do.I only used $4000 but there asking me to pay $11000. i want to pay but i cant pay $11000 is too much for me.or is there a such law that i could fight with them for not giving me a summons. please help

Sure there is, but you have to prove it. You need to go to the court house and look up the court case. Find out where the lawsuit was served. If they served it at a wrong address or sued you in a court not in your county, you have to get the judgment vacated.

I suggest you call a consumer attorney at NACA.net, you can find one in your state to help you. If you really don't care about your credit, you could always file chapter 7....pay the $1,300 give or take a few and the judgment will be wiped out....better to do that than to pay a junk debt buyer $11,000

Submitted by pokertramp on Sun, 02/21/2010 - 19:40

pokertramp

( Posts: 512 | Credits: )

Hello my name is Rodolphe and I am from the country of the China. I think the European Union is cool and is better than the other countries. I also sell the mash of the potatoes on humor. Take a laugh, it is the good joke. Thank you.

Submitted by on Wed, 03/24/2010 - 07:55

I was served with papers in oct 2007... Made two or three court appereances and got order to medidation..well a snow came they cancelled and when it was time to go again my attorney called and said they called and reached a agreement to dismiss without pregadece. Look over my spelling less then 6 months they send me a statement trying to get money for a lesser amount, this morning they called me and said i owed to credit cards and another debt 3,000 dollars same amount as before i was a victum of identy theft and i ahve a police report the judge ruling and all over paper work that might be needed.. They say they have mailed me more papers on this acct that dates back to 2000,, but they do not speak to kindly mind ya.. I was ready and still am.......think about it i always showed up they was the one called it off because they didn't have enough to prove i did it..........i'll just have to see what there saying in there letter when it gets here.............................................

Submitted by on Thu, 03/25/2010 - 18:20

Al guien podria ayudarme; recibi una llamada de Asset donde me decian que tenia una cuenra con JCPenney, hoy fui a JCP por recomendacion de la policia y alli descubri que alguien abrio una tarjeta con ellos y que esa cuenta fue cerrada en 1996, usaron mi SS pero pusieron otra fecha de nacimiento y la direccion de NY, yo vivo en NJ; hace1 semana recibi esta llamada y hace 2 dias una carta pidiendo que cancele esa deuda; que puedo hacer? alguien me puede ayudar por favor

Submitted by on Wed, 04/14/2010 - 17:30