Skip to main content
index page

Graham Beagle & Associates (877-836-3100)

Submitted by on Tue, 01/17/2006 - 10:29
Credits:
[Donate]

They claim to be located at 3411 Bailey Avenue Ste.1, Buffalo, NY. A search for the adderss shows they must be renting an office at the local Harley Davidson. Not sure how that works. Their location probably changes depending on who calls. A search of their name reveals nothing but this one website we're posting to. I've searched the BBB.org to no avail. Their tactics are similar to thugs. Our Validiation Letter is going out today, we'll see what they've got. They really don't like to give up their mailling address and the receptionist was very defensive. They won't give out a mailing adderss until they find out who you are so they can determine what part of the country to direct you to. Their dates and places don't match up, so they seem to be confused.

Have you inquired about the address of Graham Beagle & Associates from the credit bureaus? I think if you can't find the address of a particular company anywhere or if the company is willing to give its address, it must be available with the bureaus. Since, the bureaus have to share information with such companies, it must be recorded there.

Also, you can take help of the local AG's office in knowing the address of the company. If you are successful in getting the details, let us know.

Submitted by david on Tue, 01/17/2006 - 13:12

david

( Posts: 1229 | Credits: )

one of their nos. is a tennesee number and I call ed them. They are very nervous and will neither confirm or deny that they are 1) a CA or 2) Law office. They are licensed as neither in Tennesse... I smell a rat

Submitted by on Tue, 01/17/2006 - 14:21

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

All i know is that i had a judgement placed against me from them within the last month.

Submitted by on Thu, 02/02/2006 - 17:25

Be aware of this company! They will not give you information on your own file to which you are legally entitled. Not sure if they are a registered company at all. Verify before sending ANY funds. Contact names include one Paul Harris and one Sam Scott. VERY HOSTILE!

Submitted by on Thu, 02/09/2006 - 11:53

Fn, you can make your point more legal in the eyes of law by sending a debt validation letter. This letter serves as an important weapon. It forces the collectors to give you the details of the account you originally had with your creditors. You have the legal rights to know that the said company is making a legitimate call for this account and that; they have been legally authorized by your creditors. Put a search on the term 'debt validation' and know more on the importance of this federal clause. For your convenience, I am attaching the page of the Federal Trade Commission below.

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/fair-debt-collection-practices-act-text

Submitted by curlycarl on Thu, 02/09/2006 - 12:15

curlycarl

( Posts: 616 | Credits: )

Hi i am the supervisor of Graham, Beagle & Associates.
There are only three post here somewhat correct the first is our location, we are in the old Harley Davision building. Second, We purchase debt with the intent to litigate, but we give you the opportunity to resolve it first. Third those are the names of some of our employees.

If i could clear some things up, First we are trying to help consumers, 2nd if anyone from this agency has violated any laws you call me at 1877-836-3100 and i will handle any situation, no matter what it is. Understand that we are a debt collection agency, and we own all of our debt which gives us the right to sue.
thank you

Submitted by on Tue, 02/14/2006 - 06:36

Hey what do you know a response from a CA that is not full of venom. So we know that these guys purchase debt and are intending to litigate. That tells me several things 1) All dealings with them should be in writing. even if you are working on an agreeable settlement, payment plan etc.. plan to handle this like it will end up in court. 2) when they contact you make sure you know whether or not you are talking to an attorney or a collection agent. documentent every call they place to you in written form and make sure your validation letter requests future contact to be in writing (written letter and/or email if you wish). 3) If you have issues/concerns/problems call the guy at the number he provided and follow-up that call with a written letter.
4) send all correspondence certified return receipt requested, and if you use email request a received and read receipt for each and every email.

5) and this should be listed first.. do not pay anything until you are sure of two things 1) that they are collecting on a valid debt 2) that they legally have the right to collect the same debt.

Submitted by jj on Tue, 02/14/2006 - 07:41

jj

( Posts: 1057 | Credits: )

He is correct,,

Submitted by on Tue, 02/14/2006 - 07:45

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:21 pm Post subject: graham and beagle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is this you?

one of their nos. is a tennesee number and I call ed them. They are very nervous and will neither confirm or deny that they are 1) a CA or 2) Law office. They are licensed as neither in Tennesse... I smell a rat

Submitted by on Tue, 02/14/2006 - 10:53

Yes it was. Please note by the way was based on the call and posts prior to that call. Your posting here in a professional and polite manner goes along way to change the opinions of people in the post. Hopefully by your presence here, a constructive dialogue can be built to help all reach mutually beneficial resolutions.

Submitted by jj on Tue, 02/14/2006 - 13:52

jj

Are these guys actuall attornies, or is it a CA that makes their name sound like attornies. I looked on the FindLaw website, and they are not listed in the attorney database, nor on the BBB. I also looked on the New York State Bar Association website...no luck there either, unless they are just not board certified.

Submitted by TMD on Tue, 02/14/2006 - 14:05

TMD

( Posts: 280 | Credits: )

i respect what you have sd here jj,, and as for tmd it is our corperations name, as well as our dba.

i perfer to not to release any personal info but really would like to get to the bottom of this situation started here. was there any one who was contacted by our office for debt collection, maybe i can reslove this matter.

or is it that some debtors have been wronged by other agencies, and our just responding,
for those who have accounts here please post so i can get to you as soon as possible to reslove any differences you may have or clear them up if possible.

Submitted by on Tue, 02/14/2006 - 16:01

Can the Beagle crew collect in any state they want to or do they require a state to state specific license....also, can they harrass you at work taking up your bosses' time? They do try to come off as someone they are not.

Submitted by on Mon, 02/20/2006 - 12:17

Confirm the license of Graham Beagle & Associates from your state attorney general's office. They must have the license in your state before attempting collections on you.

No, the collection agency cannot harass you while making their attempts. The fdcpa laws do not allow this method. If it is permissible in your state to record the phone calls secretly, this will be helpful in filing a case against them. You must confirm the statutes before recording the phone calls. If it is necessary to notify the other party before recording the phone call and by chance you fail to do so, situation will take a reverse turn.

Submitted by john on Mon, 02/20/2006 - 12:46

john

( Posts: 1231 | Credits: )

John, the requirement for CA licensing varies from state to state. Also some states exempt law firms if their primary purpose it litigation... the lines get blurred when some firms act primarily like CA's (such as Bennett and Deloney).. For example Washington (my state) requires both in state and out of state licenses for anyone collecting debt on residents of teh state. Attorney's are exempt, but the law is vague on attorney's acting as debt collectors. that said though, any actual litigation must be done by washington licensed attorney's

Submitted by jj on Tue, 02/21/2006 - 14:19

jj

again if anyone has an account that's been contacted by our office please post refernce number and i will give you a call to resolve,, other than that Good Day

Submitted by on Tue, 02/21/2006 - 14:57

I also would like to add to what the supervisor has mentioned about calling him if anyone has violated their rights, but you also need to make your complaints with the BBB and AG office.

It does appear that this company is not wanting to violate any laws, but when the receptionist will not provide their location, it has some cause for red flags to go up.

Submitted by Teleport on Tue, 02/21/2006 - 15:11

Teleport

( Posts: 1388 | Credits: )

Good morning all I will make it a point to look at this post every morning before i start my morning. Again i have listed our address and explained our location.
I dont want to be simple, but hard pressed mom call me today, i am sure i can resolve any problems you may have, right away.

Submitted by on Wed, 02/22/2006 - 07:11

What do you know! I can't seem to verify licensing in my state. Does that let Mr. Supervisor know who I am? Now what do I do? They can bug me all day, but why my new boss? That tips off my boss I am in debt. I can get fired if they keep harrassing my boss. And who is this "senior associate" they keep threatening me with? All in all this seems worse and worse. Can what Graham is doing be worse than me flaking out on my payments? I need help here.

Submitted by on Thu, 02/23/2006 - 18:38

first of all, if you checked with your state for licensing, there shoudl eb no way GB would know. second for the ehck of it, did you try to call this supervisor... I wiould be interested in knowing what he did/said. Third, what does your state require in the way of CA licensing. If they need to be licensed and are not, I would file a complaint ASAP...Fourth, have you talked to you boss about this? they would be hard pressed to fire you for someting beyond your control... perhaps your boss can tell them where to go.. In kow if one of my staff were in your shoes, I would go so far as to involve the corporate attorney in getting these guys to leave you alone.

Fifth, if you have not sent them a letter yet, do so, specifically instruct them that they are to contract you only in writing. Also state verify clearly that you are not allowed personal calls at work. send the letter certified return receipt requested.

Submitted by jj on Fri, 02/24/2006 - 07:39

jj

this debtor is just complaing 1st she hasnt called and spoke to any one, not me at least 2nd we are legal to contact debtors in any state 3rd i have been on the floor since this was mentioned havent herd nor would i condone any one bothering a debtor at work 4th she isnt who she says she is NO this doesnt help me find out who you are, this is an attempt not to pay you account i sd previously i clear this up havent herd from you For you to keep writting these post is wrong i have my self open to discuss anything with you hard press mom but all you want to do is try to bagger our company
listen to post member jj
if your not then stop posting your wasting time

Submitted by on Fri, 02/24/2006 - 15:51

How can I verify if Graham Beagle is legit besides waiting for my summons they threatened me with. Do they need to provide anything or perhaps the supervisor can shed light on the legit/honor questions of the firm by posting a business license or registration. Just what state are they licensed in? How about ownership? Who owns this company?

Submitted by on Fri, 02/24/2006 - 21:58

needing help 1st do your home work,, call the account that was open they will informed you that the account has been sold simply ask who has it been sold to it becomes a chain of title issue like a car title 100% of legal ca's must be incorperated in oder to do business with brookers or if the account has been placed by other companies wanting to do business with us they or we (ca's) must be legit
2nd we hire someone who will give you information to appear before an abritrator who go over what we have presented and hear our case against you hear your side an make a ruling. also some counties have different ways of having you appear in court one is a proffesional mail carrier in the big cities but in small rual areas towns and cities the courts have the sheriff's department come deliver paper work to appear now this is a cost they apply to us ,, this cost will be applied to you at our request infront of the abritrator excuse my spelling,,
3rd not going to prove to you that were a legit business cause we dont have to 3rd i am not going to realease any company bussiness like incorperation info who owns the company anything about ownership to satisfy your curiosity or humor I HAVE SPOKEN ANYTHING YOU WANT FROM THIS OFFICE REGARDING COMPANY INFO GO TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AND REQUEST IT as far as helping debtors who have accounts with our office i am again more than willing to reslove any potential account ar reasonable complaiint you might have with regards to the debt you have in this office simply ask for the supervisor
mr. smith

Submitted by on Sun, 02/26/2006 - 18:52

Supervisor, are you licensed to do business as a CA in the State of Washington? Also, while you may not be obligated to post your licensing info, it would be a great show of good faith. In fact I should think you would be proud to show that your firm is above board and beyond reproach.

Needing help, send them a validation letter (use the template provided by virginia legal defense), and perhaps give the guy a call..

Submitted by jj on Mon, 02/27/2006 - 08:02

jj

Okay, I believe on Tuesday of this week, 3/14/06, a man named John Benning called my mother and asked her to give a message to her next door neighbors to call him. He left her his number and extension and gave her a case number and told her it was regarding their property at such and such address. My mother is 79 years old and only a week out from major bypass surgery in her leg to correct PAD. She cannot leave her home to go next door because she cannot get down the few steps that are at each exit. So, she went back and forth out to her deck several times trying to catch one of the neighbors outside just to give them this message. When I went over to assist her with things that day, she told me of this and was very anxious about it. I told her it was undoubtedly a bill collector and she should stay out of it and if the man called again to tell him not to use her as a contact resource any more. I have had calls similar to this from collectors trying to reach others on my street. To my knowledge these calls were not from Graham Beagle. I realize this is probably not illegal in any way, but I do believe it is in poor taste and to someone who is as naive as my mom in these matters, it can be nerve-wracking. Supervisor, if you are reading this, please ask Mr. Benning to refrain from calling the next door neighbor to the debtors in case number xxxxTN06. If you need to email me with any questions, the address is
Thanks.

Email deleted as per forum rules-Mike

Submitted by on Thu, 03/16/2006 - 21:40

It is becoming increasingly apparent these people are not who they say they are. Who would not want to disclose their legitimacy? Who would want to hide behind a cloak and hound innocent next door neighbors? I suggest a boycott of Mr. Supervisor who is likely the owner anyway. I know I will be filing complaints in my state. Eventually light will be shed on Graham Beagle and this forum is great place to start the process.

Submitted by on Wed, 03/22/2006 - 11:48

Needing Help,

Could you share more of your experience with them? Community members can suggest you some way out and your story can help others in the same situation.

If you file a collection agency violating the fdcpa laws, you should file complaint against them with FTC, BBB and AG's office of your state. Keep us posted.

Submitted by stanley on Wed, 03/22/2006 - 12:59

stanley

( Posts: 1639 | Credits: )

I've been recently hit by Graham, Beagle & Associates, namely John Benning also. I am so upset with their scare tactics as well as their ethics. Is there anything else anyone can tell me to shed some light on this so-called firm? I'm having real issues with them right now. Thanks!!

Submitted by on Tue, 03/28/2006 - 20:22

I'll check in my state. The account they were talking about is over 5 years old! And I truly believe I paid it off back then. I did look at my credit report (all three in fact) and only one of them even has the account listed, and they have the status as "closed". Before I started thinking straight, I actually gave them a check over the phone!! Luckily, I was able to place a stop-payment on it before it went through so I could figure this all out. I'm so glad I did. Again, I'll check with my state and let you know. Thanks so much!!

Submitted by on Thu, 03/30/2006 - 21:09

I have had the same frustration, scare tactics, and harassment from the Cracker and Dog company (Graham, Beagle & Associates). They contacted a family member and told them that they were an investigator, impling that they were with a law enforcement agency, and said that a warrant was going to be issued if I didn't contact them within 1 hour. Well, that is illegal, a violation of the fdcpa. And I am going to take steps to make sure it stops. I am filing a complaint with the FTC, the New York State AG, and my state AG. I will also be retaining counsel, because like the Act states, I have the right to sue them for the violation of the law.

Submitted by TBAG on Fri, 04/07/2006 - 11:38

TBAG

( Posts: | Credits: )

I had dealings with these liars before mr omar smith that lives on weston ave in buffalo new york..... is so clueless he called me from home and tryed to say that he was going to but me in jail, i even see something about them on bud hibbs.com....it said he went to jail for telemarking and got can from giove law office another office in the spot light for faurd..narvell is a wimp, he sit back and let omar run him into the ground because they have to pay the 3000.00 lease.....now thats doing your homework.....

Submitted by on Tue, 05/16/2006 - 16:51

i received a message from Graham,beagle&associates today asking me to call back because i may be a family member of an associate. just state who you are and why you are calling. i have been trying to fing my father and have gone through many different agency's including law offices. if you are a debt collector, have the decency and courage to state that is who you are.

Submitted by on Tue, 05/16/2006 - 17:32

hb

Hi, welcome to the fourms!

Did you ever find out the nature of their call. The nature of the call is suppose to be stated right when the call starts. No personal information is suppose to be asked for, other than the debtor, or another family member willing to say "yes, they're still at that address". Confirming location is the only question they can ask.

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Tue, 05/16/2006 - 18:38

Teleport

( Posts: 1388 | Credits: )

everyone is so worried about his license.

where is your license to steal?

Submitted by on Thu, 05/18/2006 - 06:55

Ok, Graham Beagle & associates keep calling MY house looking for my brother-in-law. They want me to call them with information about where he is, which unfortunately, he is a traveling car salesman, so he is usually never is one place more then a week. But I would like to know how they got my phone number, when it is an unlisted phone number. This is really upsetting to me. Why are they calling me for someone in the family?

Submitted by on Wed, 05/24/2006 - 05:27

Jag

Collectors can place the calls to third parties when the debtor is not within their reach. But if you request them to stop calling you, they should honor it. Besides, there are federal laws to cease and desist communication with you. You can send a cease and desist letter to the CA's mailing address. This will force them not to contact you otherwise, it will result violation of the federal laws.

Submitted by david on Wed, 05/24/2006 - 15:32

david

( Posts: 1229 | Credits: )

how do I verify that any collection agency has the right to collect on a specific debt? I was just contacted by Graham Beagle Associates and I am willing to pay the debt but I want to make sure I am not getting scammed! Do I call the credit card company or what?

Submitted by on Wed, 08/09/2006 - 14:11

jenamoustapha2 , go ahead and call the credit card company and prefer working out arrangements with them. If they can work with you, there won't be a need to deal with the CA. in order to make sure whether this CA is practicing legitimate collections, the debt has to be validated in writing first. They should send all the necessary details about your creditors and calculation of the interests in writing. The copies of the contract signed with the original company will determine if they are into legitimate collections. Once you are sure that they are entitled to collect the money, make payment arrangements and get the PIF in writing after the account is paid off.

Submitted by BuildingWealth on Wed, 08/09/2006 - 16:34

BuildingWealth

( Posts: 491 | Credits: )

I have been contacted by these folks (an old debt of my new wife's before we met). I, too, am afraid to pay as I cannot truely identify if they are legit. They are registered in the state of Oregon with the Sec. of State's office as a corporation from New York who can do business in Oregon. They are not registered as a debt collection agency, but the attorney gen's office said that if they purchased the original debt (they own it), they don't have to be registered that way. If they have been "assigned" the debt to collect FOR the original creditor, then they have to be registered as a DCA. They are legal to do business, but she said it doesn't mean they are not fraudulant.

Submitted by on Fri, 08/18/2006 - 14:25

John Benning just called today and requested a 1800 payment on a card that with interest had increased to 10,000. He said if I payed the money it would be settled out of court. He said the last payment was year 2001 on a 1991 card. He sent a fax but no paperwork with the fax after I asked him to send me documents from the credit card agency. I immediately checked my credit report and the charge was not on it. I believe they are indeed frauds.

Submitted by on Thu, 08/24/2006 - 11:12

Guest, the debt is too old now to be reported back in your credit report. If the company does it, it will be violation of the fdcpa.

The company is insisting you to make a small payment so that the expired SOL gets renewed. If this happens, the company will get a chance to report their collections in your CR legally and hurt your ratings. Be careful when you talk with them because they might use a recording device to get your statement. SOL gets renewed even if you make any payment agreement. Send a dispute letter through certified mail notifying the expiry of the SOL.

Submitted by ArDeN on Thu, 08/24/2006 - 16:16

ArDeN

( Posts: 496 | Credits: )

sbme , SOL means the Statutes of Limitations. Every state has its own statutes. The debt is legally collectible if it is within the SOL timeframe in your state. You should check out the SOL applicable in your state where the account was opened. Based on the last payment date, it will be decided if the SOL on your debt is expired or not as per your state laws.

Submitted by keystrokes on Sat, 08/26/2006 - 16:07

keystrokes

( Posts: 495 | Credits: )