Skip to main content
index page

Graham Beagle & Associates (877-836-3100)

Submitted by on Tue, 01/17/2006 - 10:29
Credits:
[Donate]

They claim to be located at 3411 Bailey Avenue Ste.1, Buffalo, NY. A search for the adderss shows they must be renting an office at the local Harley Davidson. Not sure how that works. Their location probably changes depending on who calls. A search of their name reveals nothing but this one website we're posting to. I've searched the BBB.org to no avail. Their tactics are similar to thugs. Our Validiation Letter is going out today, we'll see what they've got. They really don't like to give up their mailling address and the receptionist was very defensive. They won't give out a mailing adderss until they find out who you are so they can determine what part of the country to direct you to. Their dates and places don't match up, so they seem to be confused.

i know we have no one here saying anything about going to jail kymmberlee but some times information can be at disbursed to different locations by mistake normally any one who set up an a arrangement will give you documentation, then you simply provide the information, via fax to the collectors name for verfication sometimes mistakes are made, but it also something that can be corrected

Submitted by on Thu, 04/12/2007 - 15:33

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Family and friends have recently been bothered by richard harris from this "mom and pops" firm in buffalo. He claims to be a investigator who more than likely barely passed high school.
When i called he hung up on me twice (getting harrasing phone calls sucks when your a collection agency) What i did is contested a deliquent account on my credit report. Not only has the statue of limitations run out in my state of NC,(meaning they have to prove it was my account, and they cannot call by law and harrass anymore, or it has to be delinquished from my credit report)but also whoever sold this to graham beagle and associates also cannot prove i owed this deliquent account. I have turned them into the Attorney Generals Office of NY as well as NC Attorney Generals Office. Their website looks impressive but as far as the attorney generals office in buffalo can tell, its a strip mall with about 4 employees. He did get a address for me at 3411 Bailey avenue ste.1, buffalo NY 14215. Ask for Lee Hirsch of the NY Attorney Generals Office in Buffalo, and make a complaint over the phone, the more people call, this place will be fined and shut down. I also called the Buffalo City Police and made a Harrasing Phone Call complaint and told them I would like to press charges against Richard Harris. Consumers have more rights than everyone thinks. Do your homework on the web before you make calls admitting u owe this debt. Your statue of limitations could also be out of date but all they need is for you to admit you owe this debt and it can reopen the file for another 3-7 years, posted on your credit report. DO NOT ADMIT You OWE ANYTHING.
Tell them you want to see all documentation from day 1 when the account was open, chances are they cannot prove anything, and it has to come off your credit report. Good luck with these idiots!

Submitted by on Mon, 04/16/2007 - 09:16

yes i did speak with you yesterday, you were claming to be the attrny general Mr.Utter, your matter has been red flaged by our office, it is my job to call you, now you have an account here with us. you were contacted, this matter can be resloved but not with the misrepsentation of being and attrny general will get results, when i ask for you number to call back because if you were the attrny general we needed to speak in private, not on the collection floor u refused to give me a number so i reversed the caller id which let me know you werent from the attrny general office and you were calling from a verizon cell phone, something that could have been reslove now will not, as far as being a strip mall thats just attacking, us because you have an account here with us thats been red flaged and you refuse to reslove, i am no longer going to let this board try to deceive the public as you can see by readiing all the post been doing this since 2005, somethings are warented, this is not this is a person upset that he was contacted by our office. you calling the police here in buffalo, means you really dont want to pay the account, so other action will be taken against you

Submitted by on Tue, 04/17/2007 - 09:12

To supervisor and to the guests on this topic,let's keep it clean and we do not condone personal attacks so all of you chill out and do try to be adults in resolving this issue.

Supervisor,I understand your point and I will tell you up front that with the number of complaints,we will watch this topic closely for news on what is going on with your company.

Submitted by cajunbulldog on Tue, 04/17/2007 - 09:51

cajunbulldog

( Posts: 4850 | Credits: )

u dont have to advise me of anything our office makes ten thousand calls a day, this is a collection agency bashing board i going to start exposing them,debtors evry one my office calls has accounts with us were no telemarkting office there being called cause they owe debt period. if any one has problems with this then pay your account // id theft i agree is workable, bkrupt acceptable.

Your post has been edited to remove the threats you have made concerning members and guests.If you wish to continue posting,It would be advisable to follow the rules. If you have problems with an individual debtor,that is personal and has no business here. Cajunbulldog

Submitted by on Tue, 04/17/2007 - 10:54

why do you keep removing my posts its unfair for debtors bash us with accounts they opened but not fair to expose them as there trying to do us, threats what threats, i simply sd i was speaking to an attrny about definding what our company does here, i would put personal information out, but this has to stop. if you want me to continue to give an inside look at what goes on here then there cant be a double standard, you have debtors misrepesenting themselfs as attrny generals, i have been nothing but fair with my time, and have been with these post for two years plus

Submitted by on Tue, 04/17/2007 - 14:09

Your post was removed because of threat of posting personal info. That will get you or anyone booted rather quickly.You are thinking double standard and I am following rules and procedures set down by admin. I welcomed you here when most would have slammed you and not looked back. When I said I would watch this company you work for,it is because of numerous negative things I have heard and read.Since you refuse to discuss your company in detail,I will have to learn about it in other legal ways.

Submitted by cajunbulldog on Tue, 04/17/2007 - 15:12

cajunbulldog

i am done here, no longer going to sumit to the constant, abuse of people who owe debt and wont pay, like i sd if any one calls me personally, i will work with them trying to get the best information out there but I WILL NOT BE PERSONALLY BASHED, as u allow on this site,
2nd how is it that for two years i have left posts and as soon as i give my ext i am personally bashed, makes no cents, u sit there an monitor this and let it go, thats a problem and i am personally going to find out what information i can put on this site and begin to use it legally....

Submitted by on Tue, 04/17/2007 - 16:26

Have fun,anyone is welcome to use our site for legal reasons if they follow rules of our board.I thought we could have a two-way dialogue with your side of the story,but I guess that I was mistaken.Information is a two way street and you would get better interaction if you were to disclose information about your collection agency that would be considered public knowledge anyway.

Submitted by cajunbulldog on Wed, 04/18/2007 - 07:15

cajunbulldog

they called my wife last month and threatened a lien on our house due to a supposed debt her ex-husband had in 1998. The debt was never in her name period, not too mention the courts put all debts on him and soley on him in the divorce. They use scare tactics , complete BS. Cease and desist letter sent and havent heard back since. They better hope we never hear from them again.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/25/2007 - 19:49

I have received calls from a man respresenting "Graham, Noble & assiciates" who was trying to collect on a debt well outside the SOL for my state. The fax number he uses is the same number as that directly associated to Graham, Beagle & Associates which IS registered with the Secretary of State in New York. Interestingly, a reverse search of the the fax number takes you to a residential location in Buffalo. FEd EX tryed delivering there as well. If I receive one more contact from them there will be letters and calls to the AG's in my state and the STate of NY, as well as to the Buffalo Police Dept, and FBI (inter-state). They do not have a 'legitimate office location "where they do buisness" as required and registered in the State of New York. Legitiamate businesses have legitimate addreses... YOU might want to check with the AG's office in NY and the state in which they are doing business, informing them that the address listed in their official documents is fraudulent. You can also file with the AG's office againt them..

Submitted by on Tue, 05/01/2007 - 18:36

Ronald yes fedx did come by and went to the wrong bulding for that deparment, there located in same bulding two different floors, did get your corespondence and transported it to the correct department, in your case you and wife did have an account here in the office that was out stat and was sent back to client you wont be called again but and speaking on behalf of them they do send an apology to you, sometimes this board works

Submitted by on Wed, 05/02/2007 - 12:39

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I just returned a call to Mr Lipa at GBA. He was very cordial and willing to give me my reference number and the address to the company. I informed him that I have 2 small children napping throughout the day and I would be sending him a letter requesting not to be contacted by phone. He was very nice and said that they have no way of knowing unless I tell them.
This is actually the best experience I have had dealing with a CA. The few I have encountered have not been understanding of the fact that I have two babies under 2 years old and can't have the phone ringing.
Unfortunately, I deal with CA more often than I like for debt that is over 5-10 years old. The information on this site will hopefully help me to resolve these problems.

Submitted by on Tue, 05/15/2007 - 12:18

I was just wanting to post about this ?agency?
They called my husbands work about a month ago stating that he was an attorney, Mr. Bernstein, and that we had until 5pm to give them a check by phone or else there would be a warrant out for his arrest. All of this because of a credit card from at least 5 years ago, and almost positive that it was paid off. Needing a clean record for his job, we gave them the check by phone:( Luckily, I didnt feel right about this and did some research. We did stop the check. Now today we got another call, whick we didnt ansewer, however they called his grandmothers and his mothers threatening again. They are really becoming a PAIN!! Does anyone have any information on them or what I can or should do

Submitted by on Wed, 05/16/2007 - 07:38

Illegal collection tactics are to be ignored.You cannot be arrested for being in credit card debt.Send a debt validation letter to them certified return receipt mail.There is a good one in my signature.If you are allowed to record in your state,then do so.If not,then stay off the phone. They have already violated fdcpa with that threat.Document their threats,hire a consumer attorney,& sue them for damages in Federal court.

Submitted by cajunbulldog on Wed, 05/16/2007 - 07:51

cajunbulldog

I just wanted to comment on this company.
Thay called my mother this morning and Mr.Stewart told her that they were going to issue a warrant to appear to my mother-in-law. Needless to say both my mom and my mom in law were very upset.So I called this Mr.Stewart and he was impossible. Long story short anyone receiving a call from these people should 1.not answear 2.report them immediatly! Mr.Stewart also told me that there was a lien against my mother-in-laws property. A collection agengy CANNOT
give out that info. We need to put them out of business from what I see here this has been going on WAY to long. I appreciate this forum.I googled their name and found myself here.VERY VERY HELPFUL.
Thank you.

Submitted by on Mon, 05/21/2007 - 12:30

Long time no see supervisor. It would be very helpful if the posters could speak to a live human that is at best neutral when they call you back after being called by one of your autodialers. The person answering the phone does not have to bend over backwards,just be civil.Yes I do know there are consumers gonna curse you out every day,but you will be a bigger man and earn more respect with a civil phone conversation.

Submitted by cajunbulldog on Mon, 05/21/2007 - 14:55

cajunbulldog

Dear Sup Guest,

I don't really Want to pursue this. I have been in touch with the AG's office in Raleigh after receiving your communique. I felt the issue was resolved after finding your response in this forum. Unbelievably, the same Mr. Evans is calling again!! He has placed numerous calls and has left a message, well after your office received my letter. I have been digitally documenting the calls by a digital scan of the phone. Do I really need to drive to Raleigh to file and submit all the documentation I have. If your employees are inadvertantly continuing to place calls because your computer contact management system is not properly flagging or including up-to-date directives from your office let me know. This is your opportunity at coorection..

<><
------------------------------------------------------
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:39 am

Ronald yes fedx did come by and went to the wrong bulding for that deparment, there located in same bulding two different floors, did get your corespondence and transported it to the correct department, in your case you and wife did have an account here in the office that was out stat and was sent back to client you wont be called again but and speaking on behalf of them they do send an apology to you, sometimes this board works

Consumer

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:36 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have received calls from a man respresenting "Graham, Noble & assiciates" who was trying to collect on a debt well outside the SOL for my state. The fax number he uses is the same number as that directly associated to Graham, Beagle & Associates which IS registered with the Secretary of State in New York. Interestingly, a reverse search of the the fax number takes you to a residential location in Buffalo. FEd EX tryed delivering there as well. If I receive one more contact from them there will be letters and calls to the AG's in my state and the STate of NY, as well as to the Buffalo Police Dept, and FBI (inter-state). They do not have a 'legitimate office location "where they do buisness" as required and registered in the State of New York. Legitiamate businesses have legitimate addreses... YOU might want to check with the AG's office in NY and the state in which they are doing business, informing them that the address listed in their official documents is fraudulent. You can also file with the AG's office againt them..

supervisor

Submitted by on Tue, 05/22/2007 - 17:08

done, i thought i took care of this i will ck on wed, to follow up and report, 2nd mr. evans is no longer with that department so those calls couldnt have been recent but will check and make sure first thing weds Ronald and Again any one who leaves some sort of reference number just leave it no questions asked i will move the account so your not contacted

Submitted by on Tue, 05/29/2007 - 17:43

ron you had apprently were indiscussion about some sort of payment on this account I HAVE PERSONALLY TALKED TO MR EVANS you were on a promise sheet from previous conversations its done
thats absurd for the last post we have montiors here we dont condone that she was contacted thur what we call here as far as skiptracing, give me a refernce number so i can ck this out

Submitted by on Wed, 05/30/2007 - 13:02

This cat telling me that for $434.00 will cost me $1600.00 for a old credit card Dawg the store dosen't even exist any more this cat is crazy watch the so called mr, stuart That dude is rude and can take advantage of someone who does not know. This cat wants to take my house i do not even own it. :twisted:

Submitted by on Wed, 07/18/2007 - 19:14

My son has not lived at our address in 12 years - he is somewhee in Cal. I received a hysterical call from a neighbor (who never met my son) that a Private investigator was trying to reach him. I called PI Bernstein who was extremely rude - demanded a case number which of course I didn't have - and once he found it wouldn't share the #. I was told this was a criminal matter regarding fraud - that a bench warrant was being sworn to arrest him. Then PI Berstein went on to scream at me! My son altho without an address used my while he was enlisted. I just want to know what the amount is and what it is for. From the sound of things - these guys are pretty devious - I thought knee breaking went out a long time ago and they are dealing with the wrong woman now!

Submitted by on Mon, 07/30/2007 - 13:52

They called me at work harrasing me with a settlement
offer. I settle with them because they assured me in
writing that my account would be paid off. Well guess
what?? The creditor hired another company to come
after me saying that they did not authorize Graham
Beagle & Assoc to ever collect from me...someone
owes me some money! The new collector is coming after
me 1 1/2 years later saying all I paid was interest
and late fees when the letter clearly states that I
am paying this account in full!

Signed,
Very Upset!

Submitted by on Tue, 08/07/2007 - 21:05

:?: First off to call someone, MR. Bernstein, and first host yourself as a Lawyer with law office and with the second contact State yourself a Detective you really tend to through people!!!
Secondly to claim that you have any rights to file False charges of FRAUD, Boy you really do need to go back to school and get a Law Degree, you can not place a fraud charge for something you initially started paying!!!!
Next time you intend to RECORD someone during conversation without telling them this before the discussion gets to heated you may just have a LEG to stand on in courts!!!This gives anyone the right to refuse further conversation!!! :P :lol:

Submitted by on Thu, 09/27/2007 - 08:56

I too have had the unpleasent experience of this guy. He threatened to arrest me and take my kids away because he knew I have kids and it was unresponsible for me to not pay my bills. This guy broke so many collection laws I wish I could have recorded him. The debt is past the 4 years SOL and so he is just tough out of luck and he can't scare me by telling me I am going to be arrested, because I can't be. He should be, or at least lose his job. This company's license in Utah is expired and from what I understand they cannot even contact me. I feel sorry for anyone who gets a phone call from him. Also, if anyone from the companyly does read this--STOP GIVING OUT SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS! He gave it to me before he knew it was me.

Submitted by on Mon, 10/01/2007 - 16:05

[color=Red][/color]Funny sh** when he called again and lied by saying my husband has not contacted him (BULL****)I told him that his own words back in his face GOOD LUCK!!!!Mr. Bernstein ur face should be :oops: cause u sure as hell ain't getting any of our personal info.....like u don't have enough as it is HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :roll:

Submitted by on Mon, 10/01/2007 - 17:05

you people are so worried about if their tactics are legal, why dont you worry about your breach of contract with whomever you STOLE from. If you spent half the time you spend bitching about this actually not being a scum bag and working you most likely would not be in this mess. Actually who am i kidding you dont pay any bills.

Sincerely,
Someone annoyed with lazy DEBTORS

Submitted by on Wed, 10/10/2007 - 17:49

These people contacted my GRANDMOTHER and he gave out my personal information to her. She has never been my gaurdian NOR should he have done so.

Lousy people. And Rosco, I am all for paying my debt but I am NOT for people giving out my personal information OR being bullied (which is exactly what this company has done).

Why would you come onto a website designed to help people with their debt problems and be so mean? Just for kicks? Do you really not have an ything better to do??

Just asking!

Submitted by on Mon, 10/22/2007 - 12:05

I called "Investigator Bill" and asked for his address at this firm, and the receptionist said they had several addresses in Buffalo, NY. Imagine that! Investigator Bill got on the phone, became defensive and told me not to contact him again.The guy's name is Bill Stewart. The company number is 716-836-1929. The address is GRAHAM, NOBLE & ASSOCIATES L.L.C., 3411 Bailey Ave, Buffalo, NY 14215, (716) 836-1907 and DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity) GRAHAM, NOBLE & ASSOCIATES L.L.C., 60 WESTON AVE, BUFFALO, NEW YORK, 14215 and Registered Agent, OMAR L SMITH, 60 WESTON AVE, BUFFALO, NEW YORK, 14215. A detective will be contacting him within the next few days to investigate his impersonating a LEO, harassment and threats. He also feels that charges for impersonating a law enforcement officer may be warranted.
I haven't had a credit card since 1997, but "MY DEBT" is 7 yrs old and they have "a mountain of evidence against me." He said papers had been filed with the court of my county. I called my friend in the clerk's office to warn her of the firm's strong-arm tactics and verify his lie of filing a summons. She said a Class Action Suit against the firm might be a way to get these "scavenger law firms' to halt these practices.
"Investigator Bill" implied he was trying to collect a debt. That was illegal. A law firm cannot collect debts. The receptionist told me 5 or 6 times they were not debt collectors, but Investigator Bill continued to imply that they were. He also said that if the debt wasn't mine that I would have to have my son or daughter arrested for theft to clear the debt...as if. He also read my name, birth date and social over the phone without knowing if I was that person. Again, illegal. Said they would put a lien against my home property and sell it for fees and the debt. In Florida, you can't take someone's primary residence for debts, even the IRS can't do it here. California has a similar law. Check out the links below. They should help a lot.

This site, BCSalliance.com, gives all SOL limits for Open debt, Written Contracts, Oral Agreements and Promissory notes for all states.
bcsalliance.com/y_debt_sol.html

This address for BCSalliance.com gives Credit and debt solutions for most states. Hope it helps.
bcsalliance.com/index.html

I'm not in any way associated with the site, other than my use of its information.
:wink: :lol: :lol:

Submitted by sdv1 on Fri, 11/16/2007 - 09:55

sdv1

( Posts: 5 | Credits: )

Rosco, I may owe some collection agencies money but I am working to get my life and credit back in order. If a CA says that I owe a debt I simply send them a debt validation letter so I know without a doubt that I am paying the right company and if they violate my rights under the FCRA or fdcpa I hit back, but even so if they can still provide me with validation I still pay the debt I owe. I stole nothing, I just fell on some hard times after a back injury that left me partially disabled. But now that I am in a position to start paying things back that I fell behind on during that time (car accident) I am doing so. I am working again after over a year and a half of recovery from the accident. My point is I don't know how/where you get off calling me a scum bag or lazy. You honestly cannot claim to have knowledge of anyones situation here so you should not be so quick to pass judgment on others without knowing the circumstances.

Regards

PB

Submitted by on Fri, 11/16/2007 - 20:14

How would you feel if I called you a scumbag felon collector who doesn't have the educational requirements to get a real job so he has to survive by feeding off of the payroll of business that scrape the bottom of the barrel for junk debt, just like they scrape the bottom of the barrel for their employees, like you.

I wouldn't say such a thing because I have no idea who you are or what your deal is. Doing so would be presumptuous and somewhat prejudice. I think it would only be fair that you do not act the same as you already have.

Submitted by on Fri, 11/16/2007 - 22:08

3411Bailey Av, Buffalo, NY 14215 (716) 8361907 60 Weston Av, Buffalo, NY 14215 (716) 836-4842 (716) 836-1929 These are the addresses that I could find, and the phone numbers that they called me from. There is a wonderful site that gives Debt collection information for every state, consumer oriented. You can find Max interest rate on debts, garnishment exemptions, and all manners of info regarding debt and your rights. It's BCSalliance.com It says that this type of firm, according to them, is a 'scavenger law firm.' "Investigator Bill" Stewart "Strongly Implied" that he was a law enforcement officer [said that he was] looking for a person regarding a law enforcement matter. He represented the firm he worked for as trying to collect a debt. He stated that he had called the Clerk's office in my county. After talking with Lisa in the Clerk's office and warning her of the strong-arm tactics, found that it was a lie...imagine that. The statute of limitations for Open Accounts [or credit cards] is 4 yrs. in FL, debt was from 2000, not to mention that this wasn't my debt. not only read a birth date and address over the phone, but a social security number to someone he did not know. And yes, he started with the first 5 numbers. He also stated that if I didn't make the debt that my son or daughter did it and I need to have them arrested. With all of the identity theft in this and other countries, it is feasible that my identity was used by someone other than myself, as it was on 3 other occasions. I have filed a complaint with a detective in the sheriff's dept. in my county regarding this company and specifically, "Investigator Bill". If more people did this, maybe some sort of regulation would be placed on these companies.

Submitted by sdv1 on Sat, 11/17/2007 - 07:48

sdv1

[color=DarkBlue][/color][font=Georgia][/font][size=3][/size]I can't believe this place hasn't been shut down....I just got a call the other day from someone at Graham & Beagle stating a docket/case # to refer to when I called back...they told me that my county court was going to file fraud charges against me & my husband from something in 1991. Hmm...let's see, I wasn't with my husband in 1991 AND the supposed card they were referring to is no where on my credit report. To top it off, they told me that I could settle the $6000 some odd dollars outside of court and if I didn't, a lien would be placed on my house along with my pay being whacked at 20%??!! Can anyone offer advice on who I can report them to????

Submitted by on Thu, 02/07/2008 - 19:09

irishgirl5- These people can't collect debts. What they are doing is illegal. They are a law firm. Law firms cannot legally collect debts. They are called "scavenger law firms" by most reputable attorneys. I emailed randomly all over the country for verification. In most states, a debt collector can't threaten you or your family with harm, impersonate an officer of the court, or imply that they are associated with the court or law enforcement.

Call your police dept. You will just have to explain to them. File a complaint. If the dept. or officer resists - paperwork is a pain - insist on filing the complaint. It's your right. If an officer won't help, call his supervisor, all the way to the top if necessary; they work for you, the citizen. This is included in their job description, filing and taking incident reports. My local detective contacted them, and I haven't been called since. Have an investigator call them. I would go to the sheriff's office or State's Attorney's office and have them contact the company. Most states hate having people from other states harass the locals.

READ: sdv1 Posted: 16 Nov 2007 17:55

The receptionist of GRAHAM, NOBLE & ASSOCIATES L.L.C. told me that they have several addresses in Buffalo, NY. Imagine that! When I spoke with Investigator Bill on the phone, he became defensive and told me not to contact him, the office, again. They can contact and threaten you, but not the other way around. The guy's real name is Bill Stewart. The company number is 716-836-1929. The address is GRAHAM, NOBLE & ASSOCIATES L.L.C., 3411 Bailey Ave, Buffalo, NY 14215, (716) 836-1907 and DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity) GRAHAM, NOBLE & ASSOCIATES L.L.C., 60 WESTON AVE, BUFFALO, NEW YORK, 14215 and Registered Agent, OMAR L SMITH, 60 WESTON AVE, BUFFALO, NEW YORK, 14215.

Submitted by sdv1 on Thu, 02/07/2008 - 19:47

sdv1

Graham and Noble can't collect debts. What they are doing is illegal. They are a law firm. Law firms cannot legally collect debts. They are called "scavenger law firms" by most reputable attorneys. I randomly emailed over 1000 attorneys all over the country for verification of this term.

In most states, a debt collector can't threaten you or your family with harm, impersonate an officer of the court, or imply that they are associated with the court or law enforcement.

Check your laws. You can find your state laws on the
web. Just Google, ASK, or Yahoo search for them.

Submitted by sdv1 on Thu, 02/07/2008 - 19:52

sdv1

This site, BCSalliance.com, gives all SOL limits for Open debt, Written Contracts, Oral Agreements and Promissory notes for all states.
bcsalliance.com/y_debt_sol.html

This address for BCSalliance.com gives Credit and debt solutions for most states. Hope it helps.
bcsalliance.com/index.html

I'm not in any way associated with the site, other than my use of its information.

Submitted by sdv1 on Thu, 02/07/2008 - 20:08

sdv1

If the last activity on the card was 91 then it's well out of SOL. Since they are trying to "conduct" business in such a matter. I'd say in addition to the attorney general complaint (and FTC) you may want to get your own attorney and sue the pants off these guys. To be stating such blatant disregard for federal law they would have to be idiots. Oh and if they are a law firm, file a complaint with their state bar association, and yours. Who knows? Might be able to get them disbarred.

Submitted by JCEMT on Fri, 02/08/2008 - 05:44

JCEMT

( Posts: 2934 | Credits: )

my family got the call today, when my father told them that it is not even legal to give a summons over the phone and called the bluff they backed off.. i dont even know of a debt they could be referring to.

Submitted by on Mon, 04/14/2008 - 17:03

Summons over the phone :?: :?
Wow, don't think anyone would fall for that. I would say that that would qualify for threat of a laws suit (an impending one to the least sophisticated consumer, which is what the fdcpa is written for) where they do not intend to do (as they tried the summons via phone, which is completely, stupid)

This would place them in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, which your father could file suit for $1,000 for it, plus punitive damages, attorney fees, and court costs.

Submitted by JCEMT on Tue, 04/15/2008 - 04:30

JCEMT

( Posts: 2934 | Credits: )