Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Payday Loan help forums

Wage assignment costa rica - is this a licensed lender?

member profile picture
Posts: 32
Credits: 0

I don't know how this happened. I am so embarassed.
Principal Payment
Payday One $1000 $250
MyCashNow $530 $175
Loan Point $400 $120
One Step Cash $400 $1350
Think Cash $500.00 $84.46
National Payday $360.94 $90.24
Cash Net USA $450 $77.25
Sign My Loan $400 $120
East Side Lender $500 $150
United Cash Loan $400 $120
500Fast Cah $300 $90

I am NEVER going to get out of this...HELP HELP HELP...PLEASE!!!

Pa is a loophole state, even though it states that pdl's are not legal, as long as any of your lenders are licensed in any state you must abide by the state they're licensed in. The first step is to find out which of these are licensed to lend and where, and which are not licensed at all. You can research these lenders by typing the name of them in the search box in the upper right hand corner of this forum, meanwhile I will see what I can do to obtain information about them. Hang tight! :)
Pennsylvania State Information

Legal Status: Prohibited

Check cashers are specifically prohibited from making payday loans under Check Cashing Licensing Act of 1998, ???? 505(a). Otherwise, consumer discount company act applies. 7 Pa. Cons. Stat. Ann. ???? 6201 et seq.

Small Loan Rate Cap
$9.50 per $100 per year discount or 24% per year

Where to Complain, Get Information:
Regulator: Pennsylvania Department of Banking
Address: Market Square Plaza, 17 N. Second Street Harrisburg PA 17101
Phone: (717) 214-8343
Fax: (717) 787-8773
Regulatory Contact: Jim Keiser Administrator of Non-Depository Institutions

Sub: #1 posted on Mon, 09/29/2008 - 12:11

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

Click HEREto read more about Mycashnow[/url] It appears they are not legal.
[quote]my cash now is offshore and can be found in St. George's, Grenada. Ladybug, they are not based out of Canada. Trust me. I have done my investigations.

In a previous post, I have this information for you:

William S. Reed, Pres., Treas., Secretary, and Director.
Credit Protection Depot, Inc.,
4601 West Sahara Ave., Suite 1
Las Vegas, Nevada 89102

Acting as a debt collector for, Inc. (apparently chartered in Grenada - the independent country in the Carribean, not the town in N.Y.) [/quote]

Payday One
is legal and licensed, you will need to work out some type of pament arrangement with them.

Loan Point USA
- I believe they are licensed in Utah, which means you would need to follow the pdl laws of Utah, I will post the Utah laws below:
Utah State Information

Legal Status: Legal (Applies to check cashers only)

Utah Code Ann. ???? 7-23-101 et seq.

Loan Terms:
Maximum Loan Amount: No Limit
Loan Term: May not exceed 12 weeks
Maximum Finance Rate and Fees: No usury limit
Finance Charge for 14-day $100 loan: No Limit
apr for 14-day $100 loan: No Limit

Debt Limits:
Maximum Number of Outstanding Loans at One Time: No limit
Rollovers Permitted: Not Specified (cannot extend or renew loan more than 12 weeks from original loan date)
Cooling-off Period: None
Repayment Plan:

Collection Limits:
Collection Fees: Not Specified
Criminal Action: Not Specified

Where to Complain, Get Information:
Regulator: Utah Department of Financial Institutions
Address: 324 South State Street, Suite 201 Salt Lake City UT 84111
Phone: (801) 538-8830
Fax: (801) 538-8894
Regulatory Contact: ,

Sub: #2 posted on Mon, 09/29/2008 - 12:20

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

One Step Cash-not licensed

One Step Cash
9218 Metcalf Avenue
Suite #112
Overland Park, Kansas 66212
(866) 431-2274

Think Cash- is legal and backed by the bank of Delaware.

Sub: #3 posted on Mon, 09/29/2008 - 13:04

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

Cash Net USA is licensed and lending to PA consumers under it's Nevada license, so they are legal.

Sign My Loan
- I am not sure about them, I can't seem to locate any info about them, perhaps someone else will know.

Sub: #4 posted on Mon, 09/29/2008 - 13:14

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

Eastside Lenders has a license in Utah. Under this address:

Eastside Lenders
50 W 3900 S
Ste 2-B
Salt Lake City, Utah 84107

500 Fast Cash
and United Cash Loans are part of MNE and are illegal.

Sub: #5 posted on Mon, 09/29/2008 - 13:18

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

The principal amount is all you are morally obligated to pay on the illegal/unlicensed lenders!
I hope the information below will help you. :)

What should you do?
Close your account asap, if you are unable to close your account, go into your bank and ask to speak with the Branch Manager, tell him/her you need a hard debit block placed on your account immediately! Explain that you are revoking ACH authorizations from unlicensed/illegal companies, and have learned these companies are notorious for ignoring revocation, therefore it is important to BLOCK any withdrawal attempts on your account to protect your interest. This is your privilege, do not accept no for an answer. The following link will provide you important information regarding closing accounts. CLICK HERE

What next?
AFTER your account is secure send each pdl (the unlicensed and illegal) an email similar to THIS (please scroll down to locate letter template). Tailor this letter to your needs, and try to write it with the same basic concept in your own words. You will need to research and locate email addresses/physical addresses if you don't already have them, I suggest that you type the name of the pdl (example: "oneclickcash address") in the search box in the upper right hand corner of this forum. You may also search for addresses HERE at the Better Business Bureau.

File complaints: Most of the time, you can file a complaint online with the following, I encourage you to follow through with doing so, you will need to search the Internet for your state Attorney General's website, however, here are links to file complaints for the FTC, Online complaints: Federal Trade Commission., and the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

Keep in mind that you may not receive a response for days, or even weeks, or, you may receive harassing and threatening phone calls. I have found the best way to deal with this is not to respond or reply, simply hang up.

Side note: If you have paid an illegal/unlicensed payday lender above and beyond the principal amount you borrowed, it might be a good idea to demand a refund and a paid in full letter/receipt. You may or may not get one or both. It still doesn't hurt to include that tidbit in your letter. :)[/quote]

Sub: #6 posted on Mon, 09/29/2008 - 13:22

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

Are they legal?

Sub: #7 posted on Tue, 09/30/2008 - 05:41

nikpop nikpop

(Posts: 32 | Credits: )

Some are legal, some aren't, I posted which are and which are not. :)

Sub: #8 posted on Tue, 09/30/2008 - 05:47

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

What about Their address is Coasta Rica.
I am so very scared right now. I have calls in to 2 debt settlement companies for help...PDLassistance and Langhore. Are they reputable?
I am ready to cry...what do I do first?
1. Close my bank account?
2. Write letters/emails to the companies?

I am so scared...seriously.

Sub: #9 posted on Tue, 09/30/2008 - 06:00

nikpop nikpop

(Posts: 32 | Credits: )

nikpop, you can probably resolve this yourself, I wouldn't pay someone else to deal with these companies if Iwere you. There is a lot of paper work and research involved, but it has been done successfully by other members! If you follow the steps I posted above, you should be just fine! Keep in mind that these illegal and unlicensed lenders can threaten and try to intimidate you, but when it comes right down to it, there isn't a single thing they can do in a court of law because they are illegal! Please don't allow their threats to scare you, that is their intention, to scare more money out of you! Follow the steps for the illegal lenders and you will be fine! As far as the legal lenders, you will need to try to contact them (try email first) and work out some type of payment arrangements, once you have a new bank account, do NOT give that information out again to ANYone. Tell these legal lenders you will send payments via US postal service with money orders, stress to them you no longer have a bank account and this is the only possible way you can make payments!

Sub: #10 posted on Tue, 09/30/2008 - 06:47

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.930 seconds.