Skip to main content
index page

....I am sooooo peeved at Cashnet. Oh if you could hear this

Submitted by Creditor Schmedator on Fri, 12/01/2006 - 11:53
Credits:
[Donate]

Everyone's favorite collector "Mr. Odom" calls today and ofourse leaves his usual colorful message. He starts off by saying that he got the e-mail I sent "to a Mr. Atkins" and "we both had a good chuckle about this" and then he says "everyone else can seem to get through but you so for some ungodly reason I don't believe you are telling the truth"

Then he says something like "there are two states in the US where we can assess any interest rate we want" Words sound a little unclear but the tail end of the sentence was definately "we can assess any interest rate we want". Then he tells me to be the "nice young lady we both know I can be" and "he has been collecting for years now so he knows the law".

There are a few other choice quotes but I am too through. First of all ow UNPROFESSIONAL of him to tell me that he and an alleged account manager laughed at my e-mail....I KNOW my state has PDL's prohibited, I KNOW Cashnet can not be licensed in MD. That is what I have read for myself. How is he and his ILLEGAL company going to get off treating me like that. How rude. I am making one last attempt to talk to someone, there, then I am sending "Tim Atkins/McFeeders/whatever name he is going by and every other cashnet e mail addy I have an e-mail saying simply that they are not licensed to distribute PDL in my state and that I will be glad to forward payment of the balance on the amount borrowed minus any monies already paid. They can send me a valid mailing address to forward my payment and I will even fax them a copy of my money order pay stub upon mailing the payment so they know it is legit. Then I will tell them never to contact me again.

Follow your instincts. You are doing the right thing. Use your state laws as a back up. Report their intimidating arguments to your State Attorney General and file a complaint with the FTC. They don't want to fall into legal problems. If they want to avoid it, they should agree to your terms. They have violated the laws by lending in a prohibited state. Use this as a legal defense.

Submitted by onelamb on Fri, 12/01/2006 - 12:27

onelamb

( Posts: 433 | Credits: )