Skip to main content
index page

Belford high school diploma are scams

Submitted by on Mon, 08/14/2006 - 19:02
Credits:
[Donate]

belford high school diploma and ged and high school diploma is thay a scam or is the diplomas reconised by ppl when you fill out a job app
??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEWARE.BEWARE.
I just moved w/ my daughter to another state. She is a senior this year, and didn't want to have to start all over for her last year of high school. I found Belford and was very excited. However after checking w/ BBB and similar agencies, I found that this is just another "diploma mill" offering out diplomas that are not recognized by colleges.. Nor would she be eligible for any financial aid with this "diploma". Or so its called!! Glad I checked into it more b4 I handed out ANY money to them. They have a few different schools, in different areas, and by various names, according to BBB they are believed to all be run by the same person. If u look at the names of the administrators...'MR MARSHA MARSHALL' Are u kidding me? Ive seen the brady bunch too.!! SHAME ON U PEOPLE FOR RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!! U say u arent a business, If u take money....... U ARE A BUSINESS!!! Nice Try! HOPE U GUYS GET NAILED AND SOON! PRICKS!

Submitted by on Mon, 09/08/2008 - 15:58

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

taken test and passed but, didn't send money. thanks for info, i'm trying to find online school also

Submitted by on Sat, 09/13/2008 - 21:47

this is a very afordable diploma but i dont think they should give out diplomas based on life experience.also its best to call a college of your choice to see if they accept belfords accredited diploma before you pay $249 for something you wont be able to use.the majority of down south colleges look for diplomas accredited by DETC or AISA SO BE CAREFUL AND SMART

Submitted by on Sun, 09/21/2008 - 09:13

belford high school is a scam cause i just apply to them in then when i got the deploma i quickly went to wright college and then they said they dont accept unacredited deploma i was kind of shck when i find out its fake then i called them and talk to the counselor Calvyn Mccoy and then he told me that i should send my deploma to them and then there gonna give me my 249 dollars what am i a sheet no way i'm not gonna give it to them and got the deploma i'm not gonna full again i'm just gonna give it if i complately finish my serox and then i'm gonna give it to them>

Submitted by on Wed, 10/01/2008 - 19:33

when i tried entering into miami dade college with it they did not let me because it was an "online degree". wheni called belford to ask for my money back they refused i was on the phone with them for about 2 hours maybe 3 calling back and forth becuase they kept hanging up on me until i told them i was going to dispute the charges, it is then when they agreed to refund me 100 % of my money.

this school is a SCAM!

Submitted by on Tue, 10/21/2008 - 12:50

im so happy i found this site i too was so close to sending money

Submitted by on Tue, 11/11/2008 - 16:58

I AM JUST SO THANKFUL THAT I RESEARCHED THE SCHOOL BEFORE I TOOK THE TEST ONLINE AND PAID FOR IT. IT SOUNDED TO GOOD TO BE TRUE ANYWAYS. NOW I JUST WANNA KNOW IF THESE ARE JUST CRITICS OR IS IT REALLY A SCAM? YOU KNOW HOW ONLINE BUSINESSES ARE ALWAYS BEING CRITICIZED BUT SOMETIMES THEY ARE NOT REALLY. WELL I GUESS I WILL CONTINUE MY RESEARCH AND JUST GET MY GED THROUGH A COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN MY AREA. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS. THEY REALLY HELPED ME TO KNOW WHAT I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT BELFORD HS.

Submitted by on Fri, 11/14/2008 - 14:22

After reading this, I think most of you need to go back to High School, because most of the words used, are misspelled which tells alot. Please do not take this in the wrong way. I am just stating the truth.
Although some of you have made it into College, you may find it difficult to maintain the grade point average.
Hope all is well, and maybe some will get through the cracks, just because you were always able to do it!

Submitted by on Mon, 01/12/2009 - 18:07

No, it is NOT an accredited G E D by the United States Department of Education, which is now aware of the scam. Belford High School does not exist and has been reported the Better Business B....

Submitted by on Tue, 01/20/2009 - 21:57

You'll get a lot more out of taking the "Dumb Test" that pops up on line. It is a lot cheaper too!!
Save your money!!
Yes it is a SCAM!

Submitted by on Tue, 01/20/2009 - 22:01

Belford is location on Texas ? Is it a real , lawfulor fask diploma ??
90% of ppl said is fask and 10% said can get into college with it?? Does college really Accept this online diploma? if the diploma are fask do i get any trouble of applying college ??
so should i apply it and pay $249 for it ?
Please give me suggestion. anybody who had apply or earn this diploma, tell me what to do

Submitted by on Sat, 01/24/2009 - 19:20

Belford high school is accredited by accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) and Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) also the organizations from which Belford claims accreditation, the International Accreditation Agency for Online Universities (IAAOU) and the Universal Council for Online Education Accreditation (UCOEA), are recognized accreditation associations of higher learning. :lol:

Submitted by on Thu, 01/29/2009 - 08:15

Belford is a scam. The claim accreditation by ???IAAOU.??? The problem is ???IAAOU??? is not recognized by United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) which are basically the governing authorities that determine if an educational institution is accredited like the two posts above me claims. One can simply go to either USDE or CHEA website and search for IAAOU to see if they show up on the list of recognized accreditation agencies and see for themselves that IAAOU is not on the list. With that said documents are falsified all the time and accepted as proof for example graduation from high school/college or experience on a resume. Basically when you supply this diploma it is no different than printing a fake yourself with the exception that you paid $250 for it and you could have printed your own for free. Just because a college or employer accepts it does not make it legitimate. If the college or employer ever found out the document was a fake it would be grounds for expulsion/termination. My advice is get your GED from a local school.

Submitted by DOLLARSandSINCE on Thu, 01/29/2009 - 09:55

DOLLARSandSINCE

( Posts: 1078 | Credits: )

Belford High school is a degree mill ran by belford university it is not reconized by the national board of education or the board for online accreditation..it is located in humble,texas and the degrees are not accepted in 43 states and counting.

Submitted by on Sun, 02/01/2009 - 01:21

It is not reconized by CHEA or USDE.

Submitted by on Sun, 02/01/2009 - 01:24

u know what, you guys are right. i applied and got in a nursing program, and i was going to start in 2 weeks. my nursing program called me and told me, that the nursing board where im going to take my test after i finish the program, does not accept belford.

Submitted by on Thu, 02/05/2009 - 18:32

Ok, I want to join the army, it would make it a whole lot better if I had a diploma. My family is counting on me, and I dont want to throw away some money I dont have. So can anyone shoot me straight on this. Will this diploma get me into the army with no issues?

Submitted by on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 18:31

The only thing that I have to say is this, with what is going on in the world is so hard and a lot of people like myself wanted to finish school but couldn't. If a piece of paper will get me some where in life instead of no where than I will take my chances. If a person can't read, write, or spell, no, they shouldn't get one because they need help and then get the diploma. But for those who really want to do something with your life right now, I say hey, Take that piece of paper and work it! None of us made these rules, this world was handed to us they way that it is and some times you have to break the rules that some one else set so that you can have a chance at a decent life. I am going to go for it and I pray fro the best for everyone else.

Submitted by on Sun, 02/08/2009 - 08:37

I just looked at our local libraries website here in Louisville, KY and they offer the exam for $40. If you have a library card and present it after successful completion of the test then the fee is $20. I really don???t see any reason to waste money on Belford. You can get a real GED diploma for 10% of what Belford charges. If you want a fake one like Belford???s then print your own for free. Either way it is cheaper but I would suggest taking the test local for the real diploma.

Submitted by DOLLARSandSINCE on Mon, 02/09/2009 - 09:44

DOLLARSandSINCE

( Posts: 1078 | Credits: )

I PASS THE TEST ON THIS HIGH SCHOOL BUT I HAVE NOT PAID IFVTHIS IS TRUE I WIIL NOT GET SCAM BY THIS.

Submitted by on Tue, 02/17/2009 - 17:46

it not real i got one and the UNTIED STATES ARMY WOULDNT ACCEPT IT

Submitted by on Mon, 02/23/2009 - 13:15

so how where you able to get in the Marines because i have the same diploma and they said its no good

Submitted by on Mon, 02/23/2009 - 15:47

Hi I got my Belford High School Diploma about a year and a half ago. And since I am stationed overseas with the army there are only three universities over here I can choose from. I chose the UMUC. And they told me the Belford was fine. I have been attending UMUC since then and I am almost done with my Associate degree.

Submitted by on Thu, 03/12/2009 - 07:01

I am amazed...but not really surprised. Some schools dont bother to do their research. Belford is not accredited.

From UMUC own website....there policy on admission....

Graduation from a regionally accredited or state-approved high school, or a total score of at least 225 on the General Education Development (GED) examination and no score below 40 on any of the five tests.

You did not qualify for admission....somebody was just to lazy to check. Beware ...it could come back to bit you in the butt.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Thu, 03/12/2009 - 07:11

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )

every talks and talks but at last we dont know if that shit is valid or not

Submitted by on Wed, 03/18/2009 - 14:24

In disbelief!!!! What a Waist
The school is not accredited please do not waist you money. I have a diploma from them and have been enrolled in school at a university level for over 4 years. At the time of my graduation from the university my high school diploma was questioned I was not able to graduate. This diploma is not accredited and will not be accepted by any university.

Submitted by on Wed, 03/18/2009 - 15:31

Belford High school is definatly a scam they will send you a "diploma" and they are "accredited" but its all fake my cousin went throgh them but when she started college her scholarship was void because of false pretences :?:

Submitted by on Thu, 04/09/2009 - 12:45

I got my high school diploma with them and i got the job I wanted my sis boyfriend got his there to and he is going to collage. at westernteach. in el paso,tx. and he is almost finish :-) it can't be fake if they accepted his diploma.

Submitted by on Sun, 04/12/2009 - 20:34

This will/should put all of these fake posts to rest.
[quote]The school is not accredited by any accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Neither of the organizations from which Belford claims accreditation, the International Accreditation Agency for Online Universities (IAAOU) and the Universal Council for Online Education Accreditation (UCOEA), are recognized accreditation associations of higher learning.Without recognized accreditation, Belford's degrees and credits might not be acceptable to employers or other academic institutions, and use of degree titles may be restricted or illegal in some jurisdictions.Jurisdictions that have restricted or made illegal the use of credentials from unaccredited schools include Oregon,Michigan, Maine,North Dakota,New Jersey,Washington,[Nevada,Illinois,Indiana,Texas, and Korea.Many other states are also considering restrictions on the use of degrees from unaccredited institutions.[/quote]
This is quoted from many sites the main one is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belford_University

Submitted by Count_Vlad on Mon, 04/13/2009 - 12:29

Count_Vlad

( Posts: 356 | Credits: )

i had purchase a diploma from them and i went to 3 school and all 3 denied me i wont recomended it they really trick me didn had to take no test they jus ask me for money dnt apply for this school dnt be trick a waste of money!!!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 05/05/2009 - 08:04

My child applied and submitted payment for an online diploma with Belford High School. I do not know if that was a wise decision. I would like feedback on steps to retrieve the $240.00 paid for the diploma.

Thank you

Submitted by on Fri, 05/08/2009 - 07:20