Women get confused or simply overwhelmed when it comes to beauty products or clothing. Everybody dreams to look at their best. But the point is at what cost have you decided to have nice looks. As per the study by YWCA, 2008, women spend $7 billion on cosmetics each year. On the other hand, a study by Statista explains that "the cosmetics industry in the United States is expected to have close to a whopping $59 billion in revenue in 2014." Spending a huge amount of money is not a big deal for many people. But, some people really want to know the other option where they can manage beauty products and also save some money.
At first, I will explain why people are paying so much for branded or high-end makeup products and attire. Generally, high-end designer makeup is more expensive than drug store counter part for many reasons:Brand, brand, and brand
When brand name is attached, then it means that it will cost you far more than drugstore counterpart. Brand symbolizes status, so you should spend some extra money to become a brand conscious person.Designer make up offer applicators
Consumer get better application devices with designer makeup. Thus, they can pick the right makeup pallette. So, this is a prime reason why high end designer make up cost much more than other.High quality packaging requires high price
There is a significant difference in packaging between designer makeup and drugstore products. Nice packaging and attractive flashy tubes will cost some extra money.
How can you look glamorous with right makeup and budget?
Everyone has their own priorities. However, spending more money doesn't always mean you'll look better. If you're not so rigid about your signature, designer lipstick then, you can easily save some bucks on your cosmetics following these tips.
1. Ask for samples to save your dollar
If you're buying makeup from a salon and a store, then ask for sample and check if the products will suit your skin. Try the product for some days before buying. Try to check the color (foundation and lipstick) in sunlight to understand the actual shade.
2. Grab the gift with every purchase
If you get any notification mail in your inbox or facebook account that your favorite store is offering gift on makeup purchase, then grab the deal. Try to stock up your makeup but be sure that the expiry date is not very close.
3. Give priority to your need
Do not buy all makeup products out there. As example, if you look cool only with eyeliner and a high-end lipstick, then invest money on it. Don't waste money on foundation, blush, mascara as your look doesn't need them. Similarly, if your skin looks amazing with a good shade of foundation and a deep colored lipstick, then skip other things. The main point is if you want to look good and also save dollar, then try to imagine your makeup priorities instead of buying all makeup products. Go for best quality makeup which is really required to enhance your look. Thus, you can trim your budget and avoid makeup mess as well.
4. Buy makeup brushes
Makeup brushes are a must when you want to apply foundation or eye shadow flawlessly and save money as well. Try to spend some more bucks on quality brushes to save money in the long run. Try to keep them clean and wash the used brushes and applicator in every 1 month and soak the extra water in a clean towel.
5. Have a look on expiration dates
Expiration dates vary on products. You can keep eye make up such as mascara for only three month whereas dry makeup (blush, concealer) stay for two years. So, if you think, you can't finish the product before the date, then buy cheaper brand instead of high-end brand. Thus, you can save money as well.
6. Checkout for festive offer and deals
Generally, many cosmetic companies announce special deals and offers in festive season such as Christmas, Mother's Day. So, don't miss the opportunity if your preferred brands announce for sales or deals.
7. Take care of your beauty products
If you really care for your money, then you need to care of your products also. Don't throw away the product after seeing a crack on a compact lid or eye shadow kit. Just replace the product in a sterilized jar with a lid and continue to use it instead of throwing it away. On the other hand, if you lose the lid of your expensive lipstick, then simply use another lid. In case, you break the lipstick, then try to use a brush and continue to use the lipstick. Your hard earned money needs your care to utilize it in future.
8. Consider beauty school for a short term event
If you want to dress up for an event (wedding party, office party), then there is no need to buy all makeup products. Try to go to a beauty school and ask any student to do your makeup. Thus, you get a free makeover. Many beauty schools are open for free makeup (as the practical class for their students). Carry your basic makeup in case you need for touch up later.
Lastly, looking glam doesn't always need a huge price tag. If you're a brand conscious person, then point out which makeup you use most of the time and invest money on the concerned brands. First, determine how many products are needed and affordable for you, and fix your budget accordingly. If you like to stay within your limit, get a then you can maintain your makeup habit and the good health of your wallet as well.
Look trendy on a budget: The staples to buy for a complete wardrobe
There is no need for you to spend a fortune every time you want to build an evergreen wardrobe. Here are 4 wardrobe staples that will carry you through every season, along with examples to give you an idea how much this super wardrobe will cost you.
Here are 4 wardrobe staples that will carry you through every season, along with examples to give you an idea how much this super wardrobe will cost you.
1. Customized black pants
There is nothing as classic as a pair of custom-fit, smartly pressed black pants that flatters your body's contours. You can use it to dress up for work, for a drink with your friends and colleagues, or for the weekend shopping spree. Make sure the pant is a slim or straight-fit one. Such a piece of garment wouldn't get obsolete in the years to come. And you won't have to worry about becoming a douchebag. A pair of black pant at the macys.com comes for $59.98.
2. Basic coat
You could also add a trench coat or a peacoat to make your wardrobe a timeless one - a place where you'd have some of the most dependable set of clothes to rescue you in any situation and in any season. A classic piece of coat will be a prized possession for you. Besides being fashionable, it'd help you to keep yourself warm during the fall and see you through the spring in a more comfortable attire.
A coat can be worn to office or any formal event. You can even use it while hanging around with your friends. It is a timeless piece of cloth that will complement an occasion where you are suppose to keep the fashionista in you, low key. To buy one, you can choose a neutral color like black or tan, and you'd also have the option to accessorize it with a scarf. A basic coat will cost you $99 approx on amazon.com.
3. Dark wash denim
If you want to look dressy and casual, and appear slim as well, then a dark wash pair of jeans (denims) would do the job. Add to it a blazer and in case of girls, heels for a night out; you've got everything what it takes to steal show and hog the limelight. You could also wear the same dress to a conference and pair that up with a pair of formal shoes, and an equally cool cardigan, to keep the style meter soaring.
However, it'd be the best if you could conduct a survey to locate that piece of classic fit jeans to flatter your shape. For instance, you could do well with a bootcut or a straight fit jeans. But, it is advisable to avoid today's super tight jeggings. For a nice pair of dark jeans, you may have shell out at least $24 from Aeropostale.
4. White button-down shirt
In any kind of professional wardrobe, a crisp, white button-down shirt is a must have. It exudes so much versatility. You can wear that to any occasion, be it to a conference or to a wedding party. Moreover, you can wear a white shirt by itself, or under a suit jacket/blazer, a cardigan, or even wear it in layers contrasting with your little black dress during the winters.
However, make sure to opt for the long-sleeved shirt. If the shirt's sleeve can be rolled up when required, then that would be an added advantage and add to your style quotient. In addition, if pressing your dress on a daily basis appears to be a clumsy chore to you, then you can buy one of the 'no-iron shirts' to add to your comfort and save time. For one such shirt, you can visit kohls.com and buy one at $39.99.
These piece of clothing will always look good on you and you won't have to worry about being left out of the fashion fads, every season. Moreover, don't get bogged down about what staple garments to purchase, as you'll find out some more interesting options online to start rebuilding your wardrobe on a budget. You can also check out an outlet store in your city to buy designer garments at relatively low price, which will fit within your budget.
5 Tips to save money when you are shopping from outlet stores
What can be the best alternative to buying branded items at discount prices than visiting the outlet stores? Such stores are located at almost all cities all over the country. Even if there's not an outlet store nearby, you can always go on a long drive on a weekend to enjoy shopping for branded items at discount rates. However, there are some things which you need to know before you visit an outlet shopping mall. Check out the following 5 tips to save maximum on outlet shopping.
- Get an outlet club membership - The outlet clubs usually offer online club memberships at a nominal rate. You can become a VIP member of such an online outlet club (as per your choice) and get notified of its special events along with getting online discount coupons. Do not forget to check out online coupons from time to time in order to get special discounts.
- Compare the prices before you decide to buy one - Before you visit outlet stores, make sure you check the retail stores or online stores in order to find the real price of the items. This is because often the items at outlet stores are advertised as offering greater discounts when they're actually not; often the actual price is marked more than what it actually is. So, have an idea about the items so that you can compare the prices and decide whether or not it'll be wise to buy from the outlet stores. Also, check out the price of the clearance items both in the retail and online stores before you pick one similar item from an outlet store.
- Watch the items carefully before buying - Sometimes, the items available at the outlet stores are of lower quality in comparison to what you get at the retail malls. This is because some of the items are manufactured only for the outlet stores though usually the items at the outlet stores are those which haven't been sold at the retail stores. So, watch the garments carefully for any defects or of lower quality, before you get enticed by the discount offered. If required, ask the outlet staff to be sure of the quality before you buy.
- It is best to shop during the off-season - Do you know when is the best time to shop for winter garments from the outlet shops? It is during the summer months. Yes, this is true. You'll get maximum discounts if you buy winter garments during summer months and vice-versa.
- Check out the return policy before buying - Most of the retail stores don't accept return goods from outlet stores. So, before you buy an item from an outlet store (especially if it is located far from your house), do check out the return policy; it is better to buy the items which you're sure that you'll be able to use, so that you don't have to make another trip to the outlet stores in order to return them.
Most importantly, it will be easier for you to pick and choose items if you avoid peak days and hours. If it's possible for you, try to visit the outlet malls on weekdays, especially on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays as the places are less congested during these days. Also try to visit the outlet stores early in the morning or during the evening time. By doing so, you can avoid crowd and can enjoy shopping and pick favorite branded items as per your liking.
With proper help you can
- Lower your monthly payments
- Reduce credit card interest rates
- Waive late fees
- Reduce collection calls
- Avoid bankruptcy
- Have only one monthly payment