Skip to main content
index page

Bass & Associates 866-900-7694 Bank Fraud

Submitted by PinkLady on Tue, 07/25/2006 - 06:50
Credits:
[Donate]

Now awhile ago I posted a topic about a call I received from pre-litigations from 866-900-7694. Now today I get a call from a different lady form the same number 866-900-7694 and now she is telling me it's Bass & Associates. Seriously what is wrong with these people.
One day I get a call from a woman telling me to reach her at two 904 numbers. She then tells me she is from prelitigations/interstate wire compliance. Then the next day she calls and leaves the 866-900-7694 number to call her back on. Then today they are Bass & Associates with the same number. They proceeded to tell me i committed fraud and the papers are in the process of downloading and I will be picked up on site. She asked me if I had ever been picked up on site before. Not to mention I heard a few chuckles in the background. She told me they were going to be faxing papers over to my employers. The best part is she even gave me a case number.

I can only imagine that 'Pay Your Bills' actually is an employee of a criminal collection agency. They come here to harrass us, as well as on the phone. The cease and desist letters don't apply to them coming here to act like donkey holes. I bet he/she is in deep debt, and comes here to pretend that their lives are above everyone elses. Get lost you cow dung fly.

[color=Red]****Adult term removed - Jason[/color]

Submitted by Anthony Lemons on Sat, 03/03/2007 - 11:39

Anthony Lemons

( Posts: 1828 | Credits: )

I just found this message board and you guys are full of alot of info. I keep getting calls from a Trish Alexander from this company, the worst part is the number she is calling is for my bother who passed away 2 weeks ago. We have worked hard at getting his debt organized, as this was not an expected passing. These people are so unprofessional in the messages they leave. We gave the number to his attorneya nd they wont even talk to him about it. They stated they was going ot arrest him...these folks need help in a serious way! Thanks for all ur info posted here. I am looking for the join-up link, dont want to get classified as the "pay your bills" person... :-) Good to everyone!

Submitted by on Mon, 03/05/2007 - 18:17

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Chrobacik,

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother. I know this is the last thing you need when going through the grief process. Bass & Associates is the pond scum of the collection industry. They try to threaten people with illegal tactics to pay their bills. They want people to be scared so they pay their commission checks. Don't send them a dime! Obviously, they can't listen or they wouldn't have threatened arrest in this situation. I would have the lawyer handle it.

Submitted by Cow & Chicken on Tue, 03/06/2007 - 06:26

Cow & Chicken

( Posts: 3571 | Credits: )

Thank you for everyones kindness. I have had the attorney contact them and they wont talk to him...funny huh!! I am sure once the FTC and the FCC get involved for violations of FCC rules of conduct they will have a wonderful time paying those fines. Look forward to sharing info with u guys

Submitted by on Tue, 03/06/2007 - 17:26

I got the call from some Sandy Miller or something like tat, i was taking a dump she threathing me and stuff, she like yeah u owe money pay by tonight or u going jail tommorow morning at 10 30 am, she wanted 200 dollars, all i had was 150 she didnt want, so i borrowed from my dad, 50 and 13 dollars from my mom to pay moneygram, so i spent around $213 today and where my mom work is an hour away so i wasted alot of gas, i dont mind paying my debt just that i just a had a baby, i'm paying health insurance which i must have being a family man, paying dr's visit for my son and wife, i mean i pay bills but sometime i need time

Submitted by on Tue, 03/06/2007 - 21:48

bass and associates did not call me, they called my mother(looking for me) and left an extremely rude message in her answering machine. when i first heard it I freaked out, but then it struck me as odd that they didn't say what kind of company they were. When i looked them up, I found this and a few other sites that lead me to the truth. thanks

PS this guy that keeps praising bass and associates is most definately an employee

Submitted by on Wed, 03/07/2007 - 05:28

these douche bags are crooks they said they were with payday ok, i sent them the money but paydaok called me and saying they dont even know who those people are, whos lying?

Submitted by on Wed, 03/07/2007 - 07:05

there are good liars they had me, they said there are with payday ok, well payday ok called me and asking me money which i sent yesterday, mmmm, and i told them what happen yesterday but payday ok never heard of them, who's lying?

Submitted by on Wed, 03/07/2007 - 07:16

I have also been contacted by these idiots. I had my attorney call back and spoke with David Jacobs and he admitted that they were not litigators but collectors and that I had been mailed documention of this debt, He gave my attorney this fax # 904-598-0207, which isnt a fax number at all. I owe this money but I am leary of making the payment.................

Submitted by jthamblin on Thu, 03/08/2007 - 08:27

jthamblin

( Posts: | Credits: )

I just got a call from these idiots today. I spoke with a real ****named Karen Walker and she proceeded to tell me that I was under investigation for bank fraud!!!!! She said I was going to loose my job and be "picked up" if I didn't send them the entire amount today. She said there must be pawn shops in the area or borrow the money from a friend. I called my atty. and he said don't send them a dime! I'm glad I found this site!

[color=Red]****Adult term removed - Jason[/color]

Submitted by on Thu, 03/08/2007 - 22:12

I just got a letter and call from Bass & Associates. I must say they were very convincing at first until I decided to come online before I went to Money Gram. I'm glad I saw this site. I went through and called the Pay Day Loan company's that I'd gotten my loans through and not one of them had heard of Bass & Associates. I was practically shaking when I first got off the phone with them, now I know they're not legit. Thanks for all the posts on this. Should I contact anybody to report them?

Submitted by on Mon, 03/12/2007 - 14:45

LadyKat: Send them this letter, with certified mail:

Quote:

(Your name)
(Your address

Collection company name
Company address

(Date)

Re: Acct# 00000000

To whom it may concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on March 8th, 2050. Please be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

This is NOT a request for "verification" or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.

Please provide me with the following:

1. What the money you say I owe is for
2. Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe
3. Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe
4. Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable
5. Identify the original creditor
6. Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account
7. Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state
8. Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent

At this time I will also inform you that if your offices have reported invalidated information to any of the 3 major credit Bureaus (Equifax, Experion or TransUnion) this action might constitute fraud under both federal and State Laws. Due to this fact, if any negative mark is found on any of my credit reports by your company or the company that you represent, I will not hesitate in bringing legal action against you for the following:

1. Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act-reporting inaccurate information
2. Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act-continuing collection activity on a debt which has not been validated

Also during this validation period, if any action is taken which could be considered detrimental to any of my credit reports, I will consult with my legal counsel for suit. This includes listing of any information to credit reporting repository that could be inaccurate or invalidated or verifying an account as accurate when in fact there is no provided proof that it is.

REQUEST FOR CEASE AND DESIST OF CONTACT BY YOUR OFFICE: I would also like to request, in writing, no further contact, either in writing or telephone be made by your office to my home or to my place of employment, unless it is to provide validation or release of liability of the debt. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit.

It would be advisable that you assure that your records are in order before I am forced to take legal action. This is an attempt to correct your records; any information obtained shall be used for that purpose.

Thank you,

Signature
Printed name

Submitted by Anthony Lemons on Wed, 03/14/2007 - 04:26

Anthony Lemons

( Posts: 1828 | Credits: )

This lady from Bass has been calling my coworker and threatened to contact my employer telling them I am dishonest and that they are sending my information to the state of PA. they have been calling my job after I asked them not to. what can I do about this? WHen I asked her to hold on I was grabbing someone she hung up.

Submitted by on Thu, 03/15/2007 - 08:08

yes she did

Submitted by on Thu, 03/15/2007 - 09:45

Ok I am the same person as Concerned Person...forgot I joined sorry. I asked her to hold on I was going to grab someone to listen in and she hung up the phone. I asked her not to call my place of business and she demanded she speak to my supervisor. I told her my job has nothing to do with my personal business then she accused me of getting my loan online at work (I do have internet at home!!!Hello!!!) She was extremely rude disrespectful. She claims they are sending my information to the state of PA. I've read many of the responses and said " I guess your 'processing' my information now and its being 'downloaded' right?"

Submitted by Spektakularr on Thu, 03/15/2007 - 10:00

Spektakularr

( Posts: 13 | Credits: )

whats going on with this company? How are they coniously allowed to operate in this manner and still be in business with so many complaints against them?

Submitted by Spektakularr on Thu, 03/15/2007 - 10:00

Spektakularr

( Posts: 13 | Credits: )

Tell the lady that you are aware of their illegal business and will be reporting them to your state attorney general. First report them to Internet Crime Complaint Center. Here is the website.

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

If they sound tough, you have the legal right to ask for the debt validation. You are not going to send them a dime until they have confirmed their authorization to collect on behalf of your original creditor.

Submitted by Bony on Thu, 03/15/2007 - 10:11

Bony

( Posts: 287 | Credits: )

Hello, Anthony:

Until today I had no idea who you were. That's a good thing though because listen to what I have to tell you. March 14, 2007 I received a call from a Susan Thompson from supposedly BASS AND ASSOCIATES. She acted as if she was some type of lawyer/debt collector for an online payday service that I've used some months ago. She went on to say how she was going to file charges/press charges so on and so forth. To go a little further I knew I owed this online service money but didn't remember their name since I closed my account. I sent the company $200 before the day was out and when I got to work today I didn't have their number so I decided to look it up online. Well, when I typed in Bass Associates your site popped up and I started reading. I was FURIOUS :evil: . I called the Attorney General Office of Florida just like you instructed and I'm waiting for them to get back to me. I then called and spoke to the person that calls herself Susan Thompson and she's probably the same person calling herself Kim like another viewer suggested and I gave her a piece of my mine. She didn't sound so tough then. She said real quick, "Let me give you to my supervisor". Who do you think she put on the phone? Damn, right, David Jacobs. I told him that I know his company is under investigation and I wasn't going to send them another !@#$$^% dime. Now, if this was a legit company you would think he would've come back with a professional answer. His answer was, "Are you going to believe everything you rea? He didn't even deny it. Please, Anthony, tell me something to make me feel better or at least what to do.

Submitted by on Thu, 03/15/2007 - 13:47