Smart shopping and budgeting are ways to control overspending. Here you'll find budgeting tips, articles on debt collection and credit laws. The purpose is to make you aware of the laws and consumers rights while you shop for credit or manage debts.
Debt Collection and Credit Laws
- ChexSystems - What is it all about and how does it work?:
ChexSystems provides information to the financial institutions about consumers mismanaging their deposit accounts.
- FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) can save you from Collection Agencies:
FDCPA saves you from unethical behaviors of debt collectors. Know what collectors cannot do in order to avoid violating the FDCPA.
- Mailing guidelines for contacting creditor and debt collector:
Check out the creditor mailing guidelines which will help you to avoid future problems while negotiating with creditors or debt collectors.
- How to settle your debts yourself and simplify your life:
Find out how to settle your debts yourself when the debt is held by the creditor or sold off to a collection agency.
- How to deal with debt collectors and stop harassing calls:
Find how to fight debt collectors and stop harassing phone calls when you owe the debt. Know how to deal with debt collectors for old and unpaid debt.
- Guidelines for Christmas Budgeting:
Check out the guidelines for making an effective Christmas budget.