Skip to main content
index page

Miracle Management Group: How reliable are they?

Submitted by on Sat, 07/16/2005 - 07:01
Credits:
[Donate]

I was reading concerns from people dealing with the named group above and I am also experiencing the same problems has anyone received legal advice as to what is next?

Hi K Grady

Welcome to the forums.

If you can be a little more specific about the problem you are facing from Miracle management Group then I think it will be better for me to answer. Please write your problem as the I am sure the community will help you a lot.

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards
Peter

Submitted by peter on Mon, 07/18/2005 - 02:39

peter

( Posts: 285 | Credits: )

[quote=K Grady]I was reading concerns from people dealing with the named group above and I am also experiencing the same problems has anyone received legal advice as to what is next?[/quote]

I also am having problems getting them to settle with collector's who want to settle. I started with them back in 2002 and was doing well getting things taken care of but now since Nov 2004 I have been unable to get much help. I have an account that wants to settle but miracle management seems not to want to settle. I am from Wisconsin would this have anything to do with it? Also, how do I get help?

Submitted by ctn22762 on Mon, 08/01/2005 - 15:32

ctn22762

( Posts: | Credits: )

HI ctn22762

Welcome to the forums. The collection agency should not object if you are willing to pay towards your debt. They do such inconvenient acts just to harass the consumers and make them pay hurriedly.

You can discuss this issue with your consultant working in your program and he will be able to guide you in the right direction.

Their are some rules of business as per the fdcpa laws and the collection agencies are required to follow them.

http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/fdcpa.html

If you feel that your consumer rights are at risk, you can lodge complaints against them at the FTC, BBB, and DA's office and request them to take immediate action.

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Mon, 08/01/2005 - 15:45

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

[color=darkred][/color][size=6][/size]

I was a client of Miracle management Group for 3.5 years & they refused to pay off more the one account in that time. When we cancelled, thay told us we would receive our refund check in 4-6 weeks. It is now been 8 weeks & we have no refund check & when I call them all I get is voicemail no matter which extension I call. My only option now is to take them to court to recover our money. Don't sign with Miracle Management Group.

Submitted by on Thu, 08/04/2005 - 11:18

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Lorraina - I feel sorry to hear your problems faced with Miracle Management Group. This is something that is really very intolerable.

Miracle Management Group and many other companies who are into such illegal operations need to be severely punished when they do not keep the interests of the consumers protected.

You definitely need to file a case against them with the help of your attorney. Also, you can lodge your complaint against them at this Federal Trade Commission link and request for urgent action.

https://rn.ftc.gov/

Submitted by ben on Thu, 08/04/2005 - 12:13

ben

( Posts: 2034 | Credits: )

We tto are having the very same problems everyoe else is having. I cam=nnot even get anyone on the phone to speak to, EVERYTHING is linked to a leaving a message. We ghave been in the program for 2 years now...and only one card has been settled. I was called by one card and they said they offered them half of what we owed and RMG DID NOT accept the offer after I told them to do it!! Where can I find help? Lawyer? don't really have the money for a lawyer. HELP!!

Submitted by on Fri, 08/26/2005 - 07:00

Hi schim21

Welcome to the forums.

If a debt consolidation company is not satisfying your needs in the program, then you should take strict action against them. I heard that you have been in the program since the last 2 years and this has helped you in settling only one card.

In my opinion, if you feel that you have been cheated by the said company, then you should take this matter to the FTC, BBB and your state attorney general office. They will investigate the matter and provide some justice to you.

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Fri, 08/26/2005 - 11:05

roxette

Lorraina
I finally got legal to return calls...they, well Tekkain, was not a happy camper. I was told that because of new bankrupcy laws they have been flooded. Well I emailed and told him how unhappy we were and wanted out. He game me this info: 866-924-9222 x100 or at finance(at)riskmp.com. It is t he finance dept...maybe it will help. I know we are still in for a battle to get our money out. May I ask if you went to another company? If so which one? We are looking around now.

Submitted by lschimmel on Tue, 08/30/2005 - 16:37

lschimmel

( Posts: 2 | Credits: )

I too am going through the same problem. I have been waiting for my refund since March 7, 2005. Every time I call I get a voice messeage as well. As far as the guy in legal he is a LIAR!!! Don't believe a word he says. I have made complaints to the Better Buisness Bureau of Arizona. I Would suggest you all do the same. Also I have filed a complaint with the Attorneys General Office in Arizona. I suggest you all do that as well. Maybe if there are more of us to complain something will get done!!!!! Lets try to keep each other updated on their progress. I tried to log onto their website this morning and it won't let you on. The website states they are not taking any new clients right now. If we all work together we can put this place out of buisness once and for all. Let's help people out there not be victimized as we all were.

Submitted by on Wed, 08/31/2005 - 05:36

Krissie24,
May I ask what your next step is to pay off your debts? We are stuck with horrible credit - cannot get a loan - did you go to a new consolidation company? If so, which one? Any help will be of tremendous.

Submitted by lschimmel on Wed, 08/31/2005 - 07:19

lschimmel

( Posts: 2 | Credits: )

Timely payments really matter in enhancing the credit scores. The lenders are interested in seeing the pattern in which the consumers make their payments. Also, if the credit report is free from all the errors, we can expect a rise in the credit scores.

It is always helpful to keep unused accounts active just before when you are applying for a loan. New accounts shouldn't also be opened as it gives a short credit history and thus lowers the scores.

Submitted by ben on Wed, 08/31/2005 - 10:29

ben

Pursuant to the agreement with the company, I am going to commence action against them in Arizona, even though they are in Nevada. Unfortunately, my copy of the contract isn't very good and I can't tell what county in AZ we are supposed to bring the action in. Does anyone out there have a clear contract that states the county where venue lies?

Submitted by on Thu, 09/08/2005 - 13:42

I have also been with MMG for 2 years. They have yet to settle an account. I have also paid them over 3000.00. Where do i go to get help. I have also noticed thier website is no longer working.

Submitted by on Mon, 09/12/2005 - 10:55

Hi Mary,

I think that you should send a written explanation to the credit bureaus and try to get this item removed from your credit file. Or you can add a 100 word statement in your credit file so that the future creditors have a positive view of your file.

Submitted by ben on Mon, 09/12/2005 - 11:25

ben

I am towards the end of my time with them. They are now called Risk Management Partners. They have settled two of four debts. One went to court and MMG said "Not our problem anymore". The last one, with the largest amount owed is still trying to be negotiated. But to no avail. The credit card company sends the debt to a debt collector. Later on the CC takes it back and then gives it to a law firm. Back and forth. I want to negotiated with the CC company itself but am afraid. Also seeing how the amount has gone up about $1k since I started with MMG. They say to stop paying when you join them and they negoaite for that amount, even if the CC company sill ads on interest.

Submitted by on Mon, 09/12/2005 - 13:26

I can definitely relate to what alot of the customers are saying. I have been with MMG for a little over a year and I am not pleased with how my account is going. I was referred by a reputable agency and when I joined, they were a member of the BBB. They have done a horrible job in managing my account. I was supposed to have 4 accounts settled and still nothing. They even debited my account twice within a 2 day period. They never return calls and when you call them no one answers. My account is now "On Hold" with them but I want to cancel and settle with my creditors. If I cancel my account, I end up losing $999 and that is a lot of money for them not doing their jobs. I have a list of issues of which should grant me not to have to pay the retainer fees. I will bite the $250 but I don't feel that I should have to pay the additional retainer fees as well as the cancellation fee. Please keep in mind that according to their contract, if you have no accounts settled then you do not have to pay the cancellation fee.

I do not show them on my credit report. What is the best way for me to fight this with getting the monies that I have paid without having to pay the other fees. :x

Submitted by on Mon, 09/12/2005 - 13:46

I am going to contact my credit card tomorrow and ask if they have any information (ie. settlement offers). But I am afraid to try and settle myself. Not for nothing but MMG did in-fact settle two accounts for about 50% of what was owed. This is why I still think of hanging in there. But I am about to buy a home and I can not with my last creditor showing an outstanding balance.

Speaking with them on the phone is crazy enough, but I can't imagine trying to get back my money from them.

On a side note, the customer service guy is completely unhelpful and rude. But the legal guy, Tekkain, has stepped up and helped. At least as much as he can.

Submitted by on Mon, 09/12/2005 - 14:23

Hi citykid

Welcome to the forums.

Here is some important tip to imrpove your credit rating just before you are looking forward to buy a new home. Maybe it will be helpful to you:

Check for incorrect entries - It is mandatory to check your credit report for any mistakes from all the three credit reporting agencies. You can review your report for at least once in a year as well as several months before you apply for a loan.

Timely payments It will be considered a very good practice if you always pay your bills on time. Your prompt payments will put you in a much comfortable position before you apply for a loan. This point is emphasized because a late or missed payment just before applying for a loan lowers the credit score and has worse impact than a missed payment five years ago.

Bring credit balance to the minimum - It is always beneficial to reduce the credit card balances as much as possible. The FICO scores get affected due to how much money you owe on some cards relative to your total credit limit. Credit scores are seen improving if the balances are kept below 25% of the credit card limit.

Don't linger your payments It is suggested not to increase the ratio by closing an account and transferring the remaining balance to another account since the ratio of the credit card balance is linked to the credit limit. Doing this will lower the credit score which should not be generally done while you are on your way to increase your credit score.

Unused accounts to be kept active - While you are applying for a loan, it is suggested not to close any unused account. At the same time, it is suggested not to open a new account also during that time. It is said because if you are having a short credit history or less number of accounts, the credit score gets lowered when a new account is opened as there is no proven track record of it.

Please do let us know your feedback. We will appreciate your comments and suggestions for the community welfare.

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Mon, 09/12/2005 - 15:23

roxette

Okay, here's the latest information concerning MMG/Risk Management. I contacted the law firm handling my credit account and came to an agreement with them!!!! :shock: :P I can't imagine what risk mgt has been doing all this time.

I put in to cancel my acct. with Risk Mgt. They said fine, they'll let my credit card know they no longer have power of attorney BUT they need a letter back from them just letting them know that the CC got the notice of no longer having power of attorney. I spoke with the CC and they said there is no way they are going to send a letter to them. There is no reason to. So until Risk mgt gets that letter, I won't get my money. ARGH! What am I to do? I really can't afford an attorney.

Submitted by on Tue, 09/13/2005 - 15:05

Lorraina, did you ever get your money from MMG/Risk Mgt?

Submitted by on Tue, 09/13/2005 - 18:01

I hve been trying to respond to the questions of MMG Finance now for 4 days and cant get the blog to go thru, I am in Arizona and know what the judge has said and they dont want to be the last 1000 people in line to get the money back, if this gets thru I will explain

Submitted by on Mon, 09/19/2005 - 07:54

the middle of August MMG went to court and were told to stop marketing, pay a fine and repay the people that they have not settled accounts for (actually very few have been settled) an investigative reporter, is compiling information on other states so he can get the reports out so the banking commission and attorney general has complaints to place suits against MMG, but he needs your help, email him with your complaint, name and state, he has been awsome for people in Arizona, and has gotten money back for all in that state, but without a state or address, complaint or name they cant go further, if this goes thru I will add a URL of the news program that started it

[color=red][size=2][email removed as per forum rules-Mike][/size][/color]

Submitted by on Mon, 09/19/2005 - 07:59

Ben..who and how do I send a letter to add to my credit repoprt? I am trying to get out of this company and would love a note on my credit report of this MAJOR mistake made. I am lookign to get a loan so I can work with the creditors myself and a note on my file might help!!
Lori

Submitted by on Mon, 09/19/2005 - 08:37

Schim21, you need to send a letter to each of the credit reporting agencies, but first write to chayes(at)kpho.com as he is trying to take this companies scheme nationwide like he did in Arizona, and he worked and was able to get the peoples money back in Arizona. After you get the documents, then attach a copy of their outcome of the hearing with the Arizona Attorney general to each of the agencies that notes their activities and their penalty, that should cover your credit report. But to help others in other states you need to make a complaint, read my previous blogs and follow them, I did and got satisfaction. MMG is running out of money so don't be one of the last states to place a suit against them, get your complaint in now, Chris Hayes can help facilitate.

Submitted by on Mon, 09/19/2005 - 09:15

Lori, after you have sent the letter to the credit bureaus disputing the entries, the credit bureaus need to fix the errors. If it has not been done up to your satisfaction, you can send a follow up letter after 30 days you sent the first letter. If you still don't find positive response for the second time, you can send a letter with a copy to the FTC and inform them that you wish to add a 100 word statement in your credit file.

Try to make the statement descriptive using less number of words so that your message is conveyed properly to your creditors.

The credit bureau, if does not correct your credit file, is forced by law to add the 100 word statement in your credit file.

Submitted by ben on Mon, 09/19/2005 - 09:23

ben

ben and fraud..thanks...ben I have sent an email to the given address. I am from Ohio and hope to get this on record with anyone and everyone. I have emailed the FTC as well as per another blog...any suggestgions on what to do to help get a loan etc to pay off these debts?

Submitted by on Mon, 09/19/2005 - 09:36

Loans on bad credit are hard, working with KPHO, the Attorney General and Banking Comission in Arizona got all Arizona clients money back, but it has to be started in other states the same way which is why we have used both Chris Hayes and the Attorney General, they forced MMG to refund all funds to Arizona clients, it took 4 months but they got their money back. If you are in Ohio, also contact your Attorney General and the banking commission, refer them to their Arizona counterparts and send them the tv report link I added to start, if you aren't on the back end of the payment schedule, they will force them to repay all the funds you submitted, but better hurry, they are moving out of Arizona and on their way to Texas where there are no laws regarding their issues, by the way, they intend to start another debt consolidation service so anyone watch out. Anyone else you know that got screwed refer them to the same place, it will take several months but your State agencies will hopefully assist and if enough states complain, the FTC can step in and consider Interstate money laundering, that will wake them up. Hope this helps, if needed I have additional information

Submitted by on Mon, 09/19/2005 - 10:33

Lori, just like others, I will also not suggest you to take some loans in order to pay off your past debts. It will be more like building an extra expense to pay off the past debt. Moreover, loans require some collateral to be pledged against it. If you default in making payments, you might be at the risk of losing your property.

You can try the services of the debt consolidation program as it does not require any property to be pledged against it. Also, it offers lower rates of interests and it will make your repayment process easier.

The consolidation program also helps in eliminating the financial charges. So, the total amount of debt also gets reduced. You can take a free counseling in this website and get expert advice. I am using the services of this company and am seeing successful results in my credit report after my debts are getting paid off.

I hope this becomes helpful to you too. You just need to enter your contact information below to get in touch with the consultant. Most probably, he will call you up by today.

Submitted by ben on Mon, 09/19/2005 - 10:48

ben

Schim21
You can obtain a copy directly from Chris Hayes at KPHO TV in Phoenix, he has followed this from the beginning and he is working with people from other states to assist in recovering funds and continued legal action against the company before it moves to Texas

Submitted by on Mon, 09/19/2005 - 11:33

ben
I have contacted debt consolidation and they were to email me info and I have yet to receive it - that was at least 3 weeks ago. That makes me leary on using their services. I will try to call them.

Submitted by on Tue, 09/20/2005 - 07:26

Hi schim21

I remember three weeks ago, there was one technical problem in the database of this website. There was one bug and as a result most of the registrations were lost from it.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused and request you to send a mail to [email]vikas@debtconsolidationcare.com[/email]

He will be replying you shortly. You can also re-enter your contact information in the sign up page again. This time you will positively hear from the consultant.

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Tue, 09/20/2005 - 10:18

roxette

Hi,

Please send me a mail with the details in case of any problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks
Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Tue, 09/20/2005 - 10:42

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

It has finally been released, contact the Arizona Banking Commission Banking Dept Official Web Site. look in the press releases, you can get ALL your money you put in, if then you treus another company use one, the people who host this seem honest and concerned, but hurry before the money runs out

Submitted by on Wed, 09/21/2005 - 07:22

thanks for the info about the AZ. Banking Commission. I printed the article and plan to send it to my creditors. I have contacted my state Attorney General and Banking Commission....hopefully I will hear back from the consolidation company and get started with them ASAP.

Submitted by on Wed, 09/21/2005 - 09:04

email the contact name today at the Banking Commission today, they close initially the funds tomorrow so add the moneis and fees you paid to the list of refunds Now, and tell all who you know to do the same before the funds run out, they already have a judjment against them in Arizona to pay people their entire amount, including fees to those who ask for refunds, to go thru your state it may take months

Submitted by on Wed, 09/21/2005 - 09:12