Skip to main content
index page

Miracle Management Group: How reliable are they?

Submitted by on Sat, 07/16/2005 - 07:01
Credits:
[Donate]

I was reading concerns from people dealing with the named group above and I am also experiencing the same problems has anyone received legal advice as to what is next?

I have been a member of MMG/RMP for about 2 years. They have been taking out money every month from my account the whole time. This month is supposed to be the last month of my program and I can't believe that they are a scam! No wonder I have not been able to contact them! I am being sued by 2 credit card companies that I put under care of MMG/RMP. They have taken out about $6000 from my account! I called the number posted above for Hyla Stanton and any number I can find to contact MMG/RMP--no answer. I will complain to the attorney general. What else do I do to get my money back?! Please help!

Submitted by on Mon, 10/17/2005 - 13:15

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

EMD, I am sorry that you realized this scam so late after sending so much money to them. File a complaint against them at the FTC and the BBB with a copy of your bank account showing the withdrawals since the last two years.

I prey for some justice to you.

Submitted by ben on Mon, 10/17/2005 - 13:23

ben

( Posts: 2034 | Credits: )

Emd sounds like you are in the same boat as all of us. We too have had a lot of money taken out of our accounts with mmg. Hyla said to contact her personally and she would make sure we all got our money back but as you see she isn't sending it as she promised. I would like to know who i can contact about this. This is getting worse rather than better.i tried to call mmg and get the voice message again. There for a while she answered the phone but they have started that stuff of not answering the phone again. Anyone out there know what we need to do now. She promised lori that she would get her money but as you see she didn't. Now i almost know i won't get mine either. Any ideas on what to do now. Are we ready for filing a class action law suite for our money and for loosing our good credit because of this company?

Submitted by on Mon, 10/17/2005 - 13:26

It's a pity that such companies like MMG exist who are misusing consumers accounts. You should file your complaints at the FTC, BBB and the attorney general office in your state. I expect that they will definitely take necessary actions after they have received complaints in large numbers. Please send your complaints to the authorities ASAP.

Guest, Page 4 - 10 will be visible as your keep scrolling by. Please click on 'Previous button'to see the pages.

Submitted by ben on Mon, 10/17/2005 - 14:10

ben

( Posts: 2034 | Credits: )

Ben. I have done all of the above you mentioned. Still waiting. Reading about more rip off's here. What else can we all do? This has been going on for months now. There has got to be a way to make them get on the ball. How can she just plain lie over the phone like this and get away with it. Who do we need to contact besides the above mentioned. I live on the other side of the us from arizona. What are we going to do about this.

Submitted by on Mon, 10/17/2005 - 14:16

I found in Arizona's corporation lists a company called Killer Kustoms Inc. I also found Chrome Lotus Wheels that may in fact be owned by Killer Kustom. Does anyone else know anything about them? It appears Chris Stanton is listed as the president, Hyla Stanton is listed as the secretary and Mike Garity (? attorney) is in there too. If Hyla will answer the phone maybe she has some to say about it? If this is true, what would happen if MMG gave some cash this other company? Who ever talks with Hyla first, please ask.

Submitted by on Mon, 10/17/2005 - 15:08

I too have been asked by Ms. Stanton to give a favorable reply when I receive my refund check. But is has been over a week and a half since we spoke and the check was supposed to be sent out. There is nothing more I want to do than state how that company go it together and stepped up. But as of now still have no refund check and I am unable to reach Ms. Stanton.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/18/2005 - 13:44

To whom it may concern,

If you are found on or around my home, I will press charges for harrassment and tresspassing. I do not appreciate this venue of people to fuel eachother into stalking me and my family. Refunds are very important to everyone, and they are being sent one by one, yours will be sent to you in the order of cancellation. I am just an employee of an HONEST, & hard working company. Please stop choosing me, an employee of a company to lash out at. I invite each one of you to call me, 775-220-6485 to answer all questions.

Respectfully,
Hyla Stanton

Or email my attorney @ mgerity(@)ig-law.com

Submitted by on Tue, 10/18/2005 - 14:13

wow. this reached the point of "interesting" several pages ago. now it's just totally chaotic.

i would like to say, for the record, that it's totally not cool for people to stalk this woman at home. i'm not just saying that because i received my check yesterday. i'm still waiting for the check to clear and still a bit anxious and nervous....though things are definetly looking up.

there are much better ways of going about getting our refunds than bothering hyla at home. this forum is designed for us to exchange helpful information and to help each other out. that's the intentions of most of us...i'm assuming.

if we're assertive and not abusive, positive things will happen.
i did call the 800 # on the check and they told me that it was a third party handling my refund, that the money cannot be drawn out of the account and therefore is likely to not bounce. my bank said that it will take 5-7 days to know for sure. the lady on the phone told me that the only way that the check would bounce would be if mmg called up to put a stop payment.

so...although it wasn't a certified check, it was still legitimate and it looks as if it will go through.

i hope that my experience will be the same as everyone else's. and i've been waiting many months for this, just to let you know...so that means that what hyla wrote about getting it in the order of your cancellation may be the reason for the delay.

good luck everyone!

Submitted by on Tue, 10/18/2005 - 18:24

So, I'm assuming that I should put in writing that I want to cancel with them correct?
Are they going to refund ALL of my monies including the retainer fees? Also, there was a clause in the contract that stated if I cancelled before the terms they would charge $250 per account (that's $1000 for me!)...are they going to refund this?

Submitted by on Wed, 10/19/2005 - 07:59

jamiezane - so what are you plans now that you are out?? have you joined another company? going to settle on your own?? I spoke with Hyla again yesterday. She read the info on here and was amazed that I did not receive my package that was to be 2nd day air. I told her what I wrote was not to go after her specifically, but when I am told something and it does not happen especially after all of this - I tend to NOT trust that person. She again sent me the info as well as the tracking number. As I saw on the UPS web site it is enroute...I agree that we should not bother her at home but she has been returning calls adn doing what she can...I am due for my check on 11/7; so I am not out of teh woods yet either but since I have been getting return calls I do feel better.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/19/2005 - 11:36

AmyF - You should get all your money back based on the fact that they are not licensed and breech of contract.
Everyone... in regards to Hyla's comment... she is a lot more than an employee she is the president and owner of the company. Companies are not "honest" or "hard working" people are, and if she was either of these she would not be in the situation she is in now. In addition, not one of the comments has encouraged (or should encourage) stalking her and her family. It is her company and she needs to take full responsibility for it and pay everyone back now or face further financial and possible criminal consequences. Don't let her hide behind her multiple corporations, that protection has had a freight train run through it.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/19/2005 - 16:29

AmyF... It seems the easiest and most sure fired way to stop the bleeding would be to close the account. Notify MMG / RMP of cancellation and demand 100% of all money they received from you less any settlements the paid out on your behalf. Call your states attorney general office today for advise on what to do in the event you do not get your money immediately. The 6-8 week waiting thing Hyla is promoting is a bunch of BS. The Arizona Banking Department has the legal stuff about Hyla and MMG on their website. Be sure to check it out. Call Hyla... she gave her phone number a few posts ago. I hope Hyla hasn't been using your money to pay the others that cancelled earlier. Good luck.

Submitted by on Thu, 10/20/2005 - 08:36

hyla has been very good about answering the phone and even calling back when she cannot answer. she actually called me to make sure i received the check and that everything was okay with it. i haven't had the chance to get back to her yet, but communication makes a world of difference with making us feel better about this ordeal.

as far as i know, the check is good. it hasn't bounced yet and it's been 4 days. i'll update everyone when i receive the rest of the money i was promised, which would be coming the first or second week of november.
i had not dealt with hyla before this tragedy got really out of hand. the other people from that company that i dealt with had proven themselves to be very untrustworthy. so far she has been true to her word with me.

i hope the rest of you have the same luck. i'm glad that we've had each other for support.

Submitted by on Thu, 10/20/2005 - 10:13

and i forgot to respond to the person who asked what i'm going to do now that i've gotten most of my money back.

well...i only have one more account to settle with and i have more than what i'd need for that. the major creditor who i had on the program had sued me in the spring and i lost the lawsuit, despite proving that i was on the program. my grandmother took the money that she would have given me for inheritance and settled with Discover for me because she was afraid i'd go to jail or something. thank god for that! i've really learned my lesson. now all i have to worry about is the fact that i have $50,000 in student loans and three more years until i'm totally finished with my education. that's more like an investment though...right?

so i'll use the money to settle out with the last creditor on my own, then take the rest and move back to the east coast (where i belong)
:)

Submitted by on Thu, 10/20/2005 - 10:16

Just some info...Ebay community, found ratings for Hylaleah. Is this the same person?????? check it out.

Submitted by on Thu, 10/20/2005 - 20:15

Check out the Arizona Better Business Bureau website. If you look up Miracle Management Group, you will find the many complaints filed against them as well as the Government Action that was taken on them. I called the Arizona State Banking Dept. at 800-544-0708 and spoke with the examiner of this case, Richard Travelers. He explained the case and what I could do to retrieve my money. I have been emailing back and forth with Hyla Stanton, the Pres. of MMG and telling her I know what's up and that I want a refund. She is agreeing to pay me all except the "$1099 non-refundable fees". She says it will take 6-8 weeks. I don't think I'm going to need a lawyer though, because they have been reported to the Federal Trade Commission. You can go to their website and file a complaint. It's easy. The more complaints they get, the more likely they will take action to shut these guys down and enforce refunds.

Submitted by on Thu, 10/20/2005 - 20:20

Jodi, don't let her snow you, re read the Arizona Banking outcome, it says ALL fees and amounts to be returned, make a copy of the outcome and use it to your benefit, the grand is yours

Submitted by on Thu, 10/20/2005 - 22:03

jamiezone - thanks for letting me know what you were doing now -I forgot to sugn in - I have 8 accounts still out there. With the return money I SHOULD be able to close 4 of them on my own. I am entering a debt consolidation company to help with the rest. It is amazing - I made 1 phone call and within 5 minutes had a settlement offer with a PAID IN FULL stamp to it - not a settled mark on my credit. I hope the other 3 are that easy.
I am pleased with the phone calls Hyla has given me...I agree that the rest of the staff were not helpful..well they never answered the phone or returned calls...but I do think Hyla is trying to rectify the situation.

Submitted by schim21 on Fri, 10/21/2005 - 06:39

schim21

( Posts: 67 | Credits: )

Hey,

I've got over $7,0000 in my account there at Miracle Management Group. Earlier this year, I had requested that they refund my money since they were not settling my accounts. They refuse to speak to me or reply to my messages. Then I asked them what my creditors wanted in dallor amounts to settle my accounts. I was willing to pay whatever they wanted. I just wanted to pay them and hopefully better my credit score. I need to purchase a house soon for my family and because of this I am having difficulty getting a loan. Please help with any advice and reply to me

[color=red][size=2][Personal information removed for your safety-Vikas][/size][/color]

Submitted by on Fri, 10/21/2005 - 09:00

schim21
Hyla should help, she has no other staff but she and her husband, its all been closed down and the only way they are paying you is waiting till the rest of their clients make their monthly payments (the ones who haven't figured out what is happening that their credit payments aren't being made and your trust accounts are empty). Wouldn't want to be one of the last 100 people to get refunded.

Submitted by on Sat, 10/22/2005 - 07:52

guest 3 where do you get your info about hyla? how do you know it's only her and her husband? i talked to hyla also and she sounds like she is paying refunds based on the date that people cancelled their accounts. not everyone but some at least. i also am waiting but am trying to be positive in the promise of payment from hyla herself.

Submitted by on Sat, 10/22/2005 - 08:01

Hey Jamiezane, did your check clear?on the 20th you said it had been 4 days. so did it clear ok?

Submitted by on Sat, 10/22/2005 - 08:06

Read past posts,read the web, read google they highlight web sites and the Arizona Banking Commission's outcome really read that 17 page document, they must cease business in Arizona return all funds to the named in state and out of state clients, several other people in other states are doing the same thing with their States Attorney General and Banking Commission, they have been reported to the FTC. Google is filled with their antics. Read your contract, all your money was to have gone in a trust account, if it did its in the bank and collecting interest for them and if you cancel the service based on non performance you can demand your trust account to be returned plus fees or sue as they did in Arizona to get all funds AND fees, if they can't pony up they didn't perform as they contracted and the idea of paying off as you cancelled is nuts, where in the contract with them does that say that line. Non performance gets a full refund now from your trust account. They have paid off credit accounts and helped some people but few and far between, get your money and look for a reputable company

Submitted by on Sat, 10/22/2005 - 09:00

Anyone have any new news? I have been unable to reach Hyla for a while now. I was supposed to get my check last week, then I got an email from her, early last week, saying they are going to START the process. She just told me to expect the check, what's going on?

Delay is one thing, but when you can't reach someone any longer, that is when it starts to become scary.

Submitted by on Mon, 10/24/2005 - 13:23

citykid,i am also promised a check.. she emailed me and said it would be here on that date so i am waiting as patiently as i can to see if i get it. i hope and pray that i get it. no one has been saying much lately on here. don't know if they are getting their checks or just not putting anything on here. it worries me to death. i need my money so bad . nobody knows how hard it has been.

Submitted by on Mon, 10/24/2005 - 14:16

You know, since I spoke with Ms. Stanton I have been very nice. Putting aside the letters and forms I received from the AZ & NV Att Gen's, AZ & NV State Banking Comm's, BBB, and FTC. When I was to get my refund, all that paperwork would get thrown away. But now I can no longer reach her via email or phone so it looks like I am to send all the paperwork back to the State & Fereral agencies.

I don't get it, is it 'good cop' one day and 'bad cop' the next? There is no reason in business to ignore customer requests or to block incoming phone calls. I have been very respectful, not some yelling idiot, and yet this is the responce and respect I get.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/25/2005 - 14:21

Citykid. I know what you mean. This is terrible. I need my money like all of you. She sounded like she really was trying to take care of all of our refunds. We all need to just go ahead and file a claim against her if she doesn't pay up like she promised. I have about 2 more weeks to wait for that supposed day of the refund. If i don't get it i will be calling an refiling with all the same people again until i get my money. There is no way she can keep it. They didn't do as their contract stated so they broke the contract themselves. Not all of the customers. What in the world is wrong with this company. Do they really think we will all just go away.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/25/2005 - 18:46

Citykid
Better send those papers off today make sure the FTC has a copy its Fed, and everyone else heed this warning, I looked on the MLS today and they have a contract on their house in Arizona and will be on the move - running to a new state before the end of the year and it will be even harder to find them and get our money.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/26/2005 - 07:04

How can I find out if they were licensed in Illinois, and if any claims are filed against them in Illinios? I am so lost and frustrated.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/26/2005 - 08:12

brokeinillinois
boy you were right it is hard to look thru the web site for Illinois. But from what I found, they are not licensed,which is great for you, write, visit or call your Attorney General, Lisa Madigan take your documentation and the outcome from the State of Arizona banking web site that gives the legal findings to them. Ask, or demand for a similar suit be started against them in your state especially since they were not licensed which is what got them in trouble in Arizona, then contact the tv stations have them call channel 5 in Phoenix for their report on MMG and ask they do a investigative report on MMG this will add more clients to your suit, they found most of those people from those reports that got their refunds from the tv stations reports.
Then call and write the FTC and make a complaint like the rest of us did. The people in Arizona had a suit for their money within 4 months. Better hurry though, from earlier reports they are moving and it may be hard to find them.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/26/2005 - 13:02

I work for a large television network and have been holding out bringing this to air. I really don't want to bring my personal problems to work, or use work to help said problems. But it looks like I have no choice any longer. If Ms. Stanton is in fact working on the refunds for us as she has stated on her voice mail, then that is terriffic. But I still have not been responded to other than "I will investigate, and get back with you" via email. No personal message 'It's almost done Citykid' or phone call 'It'll be there in a week, sorry for the delay'.

I'll let you all know if I go through with it, I just hate asking favors of the big wigs, you know?

Submitted by on Wed, 10/26/2005 - 14:43

I don't believe being nice and patient with Hyla is going to get you your money. You all are going to have to lean on them. I mean lien on them (their house, their other business making motorcyle wheels for choppers). It appears, if it is true that the house is soon to be sold, you better act now. The Stantons want to sell and move. If they get out of Arizona you all may loose your biggest ally (AZ Banking Department) as an applier of pressure. Their home sale is their motivation. Throw a wrench in that plan and you may have a chance of a return of YOUR money. Hey folks... it seems it is time to act now or never.
One last thought, has anyone contacted the IRS on the Stantons behalf? If the Stantons spent your trust money, besides being theft, wouldn't that be considered income for them and thus be subject to income tax? If they didn't pay taxes on it wouldn't it be tax fraud?

Submitted by on Wed, 10/26/2005 - 15:16

Glad you work for a tv station, contact channel 15 abc in phoenix, az on july 5 they ran a 10 minute spot investigating mmg and hyla stanton, they have done half the work for you, then channel 5 cbs in phoenix also ran a spot and has had 2 other followups from a guy named chris hayes, both stations have the full monte about them, but no one on this site has chosen to take it to the media and get a bunch of people from their state or town to complain and do a suit like arizona did, good luck but as i hear you better hurry as they seem to be selling the house and running out of town, state, country

Submitted by on Wed, 10/26/2005 - 17:00

What are all of us that don't live in arizona suppose to do, i doubt if our local stations would do anything unless it became so big that it affected the states other than arizona.i'm not finding anything on mmg except this sight. Is there something else i need to type in on google to get more info. I have filed with ftc, bbb, arizona banking. And my local attorney general and arizona attorney general. Wonder if the phoenix stations would broadcast about all of us outside the state. Anyone got any ideas?

Submitted by on Wed, 10/26/2005 - 17:09

Attach a lien on their property before the house goes away like the stanton's, EVERYONE call and write your Congressman tell him what you have done without any help from any federal agency - show him the arizona documents and your papers showing payments without any credit card closure, BUT DO SOMETHING call the local tv station, go to their house and knock on the door ask for your money - they will close the door on you like they did local papers but you can see what your money bought - Hyla threatened to have you arrested if you bothered her at home let them try you have a valid issue you may lose your home because of them, they are selling a million dollar house and probably moving to a bigger house thanks to you, they don't want to bring it to light again.
The neighbors must be appalled that they have that type of people living in a VERY upscale neighborhood no one likes to have your neighborhood splattered all over the newspapers and TV. I saw their cars they had for sale on ebay, they made over $50,000 this week alone on the sale of cars wonder how many are shown on their taxes I wonder if you will see any of that money, someone has to listen, I think its a great idea to write the IRS route also

Submitted by on Wed, 10/26/2005 - 18:57

Agian i am asking what are all of us to do that live outside of the state? How would we put a lien on their house,business , etc.

Submitted by on Thu, 10/27/2005 - 04:07

If you don't know, contact your real estate agent, your attorney, thats the easy part, but do it today and get it set in place. Then do what the other guest suggested, if the ftc, bbb, havent helped, your congressman is paid to work in your behalf. Make some noise, someone has to listen, don't stop talking to someone, there is someone who will listn, thats how I got my money - unless you don't care about losing your money

Submitted by on Thu, 10/27/2005 - 07:22

Watch out. Hyla has contacted me by phone and e-mail.
she promised to call me by 10/21/05 with a UPS tracking number once she sent my refund. She truly sound sincere. But it has been 13 days since our conversations. and still no call. I continue to call her several time a day.
Has anyone independantly sued her for the refund yet?

Submitted by on Thu, 10/27/2005 - 11:16

This is what I received from them after inquiring about my account. Tell me what you think of this?

Our agreement with the Arizona Court is only subject to Arizona. The courts gave us two options either obtain a license in AZ or refund all AZ clients. Our company evaluated the situation and established that since we did not have enough clients in Arizona it was in our best interest to refund their money...which our company has done!

Your settlement funds are in a non-interest bearing account for our Settlement Department to utilize, once BOTH parties have agreed on a settlement amount and date. At times, it can take several months/years
for BOTH parties to come to an agreement. Settlements have an outcome that is uncertain and cannot be guaranteed. Our Settlement Department is working
diligently to negotiate the very best possible settlement on your behalf.

Thank You,

Customer Service
Risk Management Partners, Ltd.

Submitted by on Thu, 10/27/2005 - 11:56

Its really getting deep in here, come on has she ever told anyone (well maybe one) the truth, read the past messages she is hoping you will keep shoveling until they can get away, if she is telling the truth, why did people from out of arizona receive all their money back? Don't believe it read the report, there are a lot of people on the list
Now you know about the non interest bearing account get it any way you can, i am calling my congressman, maybe he is a client too, something has got to stop

Submitted by on Thu, 10/27/2005 - 12:56

Amyf. Is that letter you recieved about the bills that they did not pay or is it about all of our refunds? If it is the refunds then she lied to all of us saying she would refund our money on certain dates. I agree is anyone ready for a class action suite or a suite of any kind. It sounds like they are still playing the game with all of us. This has got to be hurting any business they have with all this publicity about how we were taken in by this place. I have tried to be patient but enough is enough

Submitted by on Thu, 10/27/2005 - 13:35