Skip to main content
index page

Miracle Management Group: How reliable are they?

Submitted by on Sat, 07/16/2005 - 07:01
Credits:
[Donate]

I was reading concerns from people dealing with the named group above and I am also experiencing the same problems has anyone received legal advice as to what is next?

The NY Atorney General wants proof of payments such as canceled checks front and back. This was electonic withdrawl, I have no copies. Any suggestions?

Submitted by citykid on Thu, 12/01/2005 - 11:38

citykid

( Posts: 88 | Credits: )

Citykid did you do banking on line because you can access that and since it was automatic draft it will show that every month, i can print mine out from my computer,also i am sending in another complaint to the ftc and letting them know everything that i have gotten so far from mmg and the bbb letter that rmp said the 4-6 weeks is a estimate and all the bull about checking out the payments and all and that i sent it back to the bbb in nevada saying it is still unresolved.

Submitted by MadMom on Thu, 12/01/2005 - 13:47

MadMom

( Posts: 170 | Credits: )

I found the AZ State Banking Dept. press release and it clearly says "The refunds to clients include any fees the clients paid and any other money that the clients paid to Miracle Management Group for the purpose of paying off debt". Isn't it funny that she says I will not get my full refund.

Submitted by zamorae7 on Fri, 12/02/2005 - 10:49

zamorae7

( Posts: 8 | Credits: )

I just found out that a credit card company is taking me to court.Rmg contacted me the day before thanksgiving but i can't get ahold of them again any suggestions

Submitted by on Fri, 12/02/2005 - 17:06

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I've emailed Hyla a couple of times, no responce. Her lawyer is now avoiding calls and emails. I have sent a LARGE packet of documents including all my RMP contract info and all withdrawls from them from my bank account to the NYS Attorney General.

How about you MADMOM? Should be gettinmg that check tomorrow or Tueday, right?

Submitted by citykid on Sun, 12/04/2005 - 10:05

citykid

That check was suppose to be sent to me on the 4th of November not December, Didn't get it of course, Got an email from her last week saying that she is working on it and that the first order did not apply to me since I didn't live in Arizona and got in on that bunch of complaints. I emailed her back and told her that it shouldn't matter when I joined that company I should still get all of my money back in full. Haven't heard anything yet from her,I emailed her yesterday asking when I would get it but haven't gotten a reply. Still checking the FTC occasionally to see if anything is on it about them but nothing so far. I sent everything of mine to my Attorney General too. Also contacted Arizona's just to tell them that it wasn't right for them to let the company do this after the order was put out, they are still doing business apparently, and I told them that they were still taking it out of my account until I closed it out so they didn't abide by the first order and asked why they couldn't open it again since they didn't stop all business like they ordered, No answer yet though.

Submitted by MadMom on Sun, 12/04/2005 - 10:32

MadMom

Hi Madmom, and Citykid. I received a call from my Attorney Generals office, and they said that with the information and documentation I had sent them that it would be useful in a judgement, but said they didn't know if it would help much since the company seems to be running out of money and could in turn file bankruptcy as I myself have had to do. But, if more more complaints are received about this company then it would be more helpful, and if the commissions office were to find that they were doing business in the state unlawfully. Since they can't disclose information about the number of complaints, i might be just one person with the problem. So, I think the best way were going to get our money back is through people filing more complaints with their local States Attorney Generals, Commisions Office, and FTC. Especially since it was taken care of in the state of Arizona. We really need more complaints from people who were clients like us, to send there information to there local authorities and especially if you are still paying or recently just stopped paying since they had to cease and desist on june 2, 2005. so if a group of people from the same state and various states who were clients then I think the FTC could more easily step in and that way all of us from whatever state were from might be able to get our money back or stop them from moving elsewhere and doing the same thing.. at least thats what I think, and am somewhat hopeful since my state was one of the states who recently helped bring down the biggest debt consolidation company in the US (Ameridebt)..

Submitted by swtgal77 on Sun, 12/04/2005 - 13:00

swtgal77

( Posts: 123 | Credits: )

Hey guys,

I've been trying to keep up with this forum. But since I don't always have internet access. It's kinda difficult. Anywayz, I got a letter from RMP and they want me to sign a letter saying I want to cancel yet they get to keep all setup and retainer fees and a $250 cancellation fee. In other words their keeping about $1000.00 of what I sent them. Then they will send my balance left in 4-6 weeks. Has anybody seen this letter and do you think it would okay to sign it. I really don't want to but right now I feel if I don't, I won't get anything back. I feel angry especially because the cancellation is not due to my faults, it's due to theirs! They also for some reason sent me some letters from my creditors, where my creditors are saying they want to settle for less than half of what I owe. They must of accidently sent it to me. But it makes me so mad because I had sent them more than enough money to settle. Anyways, if any body could let me know if signing this letter is the only hope of recieving my money back?

Submitted by on Mon, 12/05/2005 - 06:16

MayV...we all have seen that cancellation letter. Hyla is sooo generous that she waived the cancellation fee for me and I believe she said she would do that for others..I am to receive my check on Wednesday - it was for almost the full amount we had left in the account - according to my records it is just $200 short. So not bad...

I have been waiting 2 months - I am the lucky one...BUT I willnot believe it until I actually receive that check in hand. I do have a reference number from Bank of America - so I am guessing it will be legit.

Submitted by schim21 on Mon, 12/05/2005 - 06:45

schim21

( Posts: 67 | Credits: )

I received this letter from the Department of Business and Industry Consumer Affairs Division of Nevada:
"A careful evaluation of your complaint has been made, It has been determined that the address in Carson City, Nevada is the business' resident agant and mail forwarding address. The last address we have for the business would appear that they are operating out of Scottsdale, Arizona. Therefore the division has determined that the proper agency to assist you in resolving the matter is:
State of AZ Office of teh Attorney General
ATTN Craig Raby/ Sue Hill
1275 W. Washington Ave. Room 259
Phoenix, AZ 85007
602-542-5763

Therefore, we have requested they review your compplaint to determine if they can assist you. To facitliate that end we are forwarding a copy of the information you sent the division."

INTERESTING!! I will call t he AZ. Attorney General sometime this week. I will let you all know what I find out. If that is proof they are still working out of AZ then they are in direct violation of court order to NO LONGER do business out of AZ.

Submitted by schim21 on Mon, 12/05/2005 - 06:51

schim21

Schim21,

This is the same exact thing they wrote to me about 2 months ago.... The FTC is the only org that can help us at this point. We are all just running in circles... we just need to keep submitting complaints to the FTC.

Submitted by on Mon, 12/05/2005 - 09:56

Does anyone know where I should send this cancellation letter that I recieved from them to. On the envelope I recieved the their return address is stated as 2533 Carson Street, Carson City, NV 89706. But I've sent several cancellation requests to that address certified and have recieved it back unclaim. The zip code on the metered stamp says 85251 which I believe is Scottsdale AZ. Will someone verify a correct address with me.

Submitted by on Mon, 12/05/2005 - 11:26

my attorney general was worthless...the lady told me "to kiss my refund goodbye" what a vote of confidence. I asked her to check on the liscense in OH and she just by passed my question...I asked again and she gave me some state website which was of NO help.
I will call again as well as the FTC!!

Submitted by schim21 on Mon, 12/05/2005 - 17:30

schim21

Schim21 and swgal77 i found out about my state by calling my state tax department and told them about my complaint and they looked them up and said they do not and have not had a license in my state. I also called the ftc this evening and told them what i found out and they said they will add that in with the info i sent earlier. We have got to stay on top of the ftc and keep letting them know what we can as a often as we can.

Submitted by MadMom on Mon, 12/05/2005 - 17:40

MadMom

Whoo hoo! No, no check, but the next best thing. I just got off the phone from the NYS Attny Gen calling me. They wanted the bank statements. Thank god I keep all paperwork. Took a long time to copy and highlight everything.

I told them about other federal agencies not being much help and they said that this is just what they live for.:shock:

Hot damn, finally someone who wants to get in the game.

Submitted by citykid on Tue, 12/06/2005 - 10:09

citykid

Who was collecting the FTC ref#'s??? apparently I pm'd mine to myself.

Submitted by zamorae7 on Tue, 12/06/2005 - 11:24

zamorae7

( Posts: 8 | Credits: )

Well, I guess I've been had as well. My problem is that they are still taking out $200 per month from my checking account. Can I stop this with my bank? Thanks for any input!!

Submitted by on Tue, 12/06/2005 - 15:38

That is something..I wondered if they were still in the business of getting money, guess they are.. you know I wonder if our banks would know where the money from risk management is or was going..I notice that there are reference numbers next to the debits, do you think that they can trace that number to a bank and its location??? I think I will check that out tomarrow since I work for a bank.. C Hart, don't worry, we have all been had by this company..

Submitted by swtgal77 on Tue, 12/06/2005 - 19:25

swtgal77

i have been having the same problems with mmg finance for the last two years. i just went on the arizona state banking department website and i guess they brought a lawsuit against mmg finance for illegally doing business in arizona. it stated that they were not licensed to do debt negotiating. the lawsuit was settled and mmg finance is required to refund ALL monies back to ARIZONA clients less credit cards that were settled. You will be refunded setup fees, retainer fees, and settlement fees, and any other unused money. Unfortuntately, that does not include clients out of state. I have contacted many people in regards to this lawsuit and they have stated that the lawsuit does not pertain to outside residents and that you should contact the FTC for them to investigate this company. I hope this helps anyone out there.

Submitted by on Fri, 12/09/2005 - 10:49

Hey, was just checking out the BBB site on MMG and it looks as though they have a new home???????It gives an additional address of 5065 N. MacArthur Blvd. 10th Floor, Irving, Texas...It states the address of 3003 N. 73rd Street #4, Scottsdale, AZ as its (FORMER ADDRESS!!)Does anyone know if thats true???

Submitted by swtgal77 on Mon, 12/12/2005 - 13:40

swtgal77

I wondered how they were still getting money too. I just happened to look back on the BBB, and saw where it said additional address and it listed a texas address.. I'm not sure if that is exaclty were they are but I wouldn't imagine the BBB giving an address that wasn't correct for them and it does list arizona as a former address...

Submitted by swtgal77 on Tue, 12/13/2005 - 16:21

swtgal77

I am just coming around to all this, as I have been attempting to contact rmp evryday. I am here to join the cause. They have $2500 of mine currently, which isn't as much as others, but it doesn't matter the amount....it's the thought that counts. And right now.....I'm thinking if we all band together, we can at least ruin Hyla's life.

Submitted by on Tue, 12/13/2005 - 18:05

US Credit Management, Inc is in the same Irving building. They are also a debt negotiation company and they appear to have a similar reputation as MMG. Check out the BBB and Rip-Off Report. Do I smell a merge of pollution?

Submitted by on Tue, 12/13/2005 - 18:09

steaming1, I also didn't have as much money put into mmg as alot of others have done, but I have been waiting for my refund since 2/01/05. so i've been waiting for quite awhile for my money. I would encourage you if you have not already done so, to file a complaint with your local attorney generals office, and FTC. The more complaints on this company will hopefully make our government do something more about them and stop them from doing this type of crooked business altogather in any state.

Submitted by swtgal77 on Tue, 12/13/2005 - 18:35

swtgal77

I have filed with the FTC. I will again tomorrow. I will also contact the Attorney Generals office, the IRS, and anybody else that will listen. I am in the process of cancelling with RMP - I will freeze my bank account tomorrow, as my payment date is coming up. I am interested to know if anyone out there is from Iowa and has dealt with this group. Just looking for teammates in-state. Also, who was it that had the lowdown on Hyla? I'm pulling out all the stops.

Submitted by Steaming1 on Tue, 12/13/2005 - 18:45

Steaming1

( Posts: 6 | Credits: )

US Credit Management, Inc looks very similar and has a class action lawsuit against them! Contacts are JB Miller and Stephanie Weaver. Doesn't sound like our folks, but just could be related.

Submitted by Steaming1 on Tue, 12/13/2005 - 18:56

Steaming1

Somebody tell me if this is the face of the enemy?

hometown.aol.com/__121b_aBiEzL0EtIOgFdLCfnLidp01p/z0hW5imqmTHcCEMTo=

Submitted by Steaming1 on Tue, 12/13/2005 - 20:37

Steaming1