Skip to main content
index page

Miracle Management Group: How reliable are they?

Submitted by on Sat, 07/16/2005 - 07:01
Credits:
[Donate]

I was reading concerns from people dealing with the named group above and I am also experiencing the same problems has anyone received legal advice as to what is next?

Hey Everybody, it's Jen2 here. I have some break-through information. I need EVERYBODY to call this number and explain their complaint regarding MMG/RMP. Be sure to tell them you have been promised a refund and have yet to receive it, explain to them the monies you sent them were to be held in a non interest bearing trust account (this is very very important, be SURE to mention about the trust account). It's in all of our contracts. Also, if anyone is still a member and making payments, PLEASE call and tell the banking department this as they were supposed to have stopped taking money from us. We need them bombarded with our phone calls asap. Please call 1-800-544-0708 or 602-255-4421. Don't take no for an answer, we need to band together on this. It seems the banking department may be interested in what we have to say.
Keep me updated as I too will be making this call. I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday.

Submitted by Jen2 on Mon, 11/28/2005 - 09:17

Jen2

( Posts: 20 | Credits: )

In reference to calling the Arizona Banking Department, ask for Bob Charlton and tell him everything you have including the HUGE fact that our money was to have gone into a non interest bearing trust account. very important to tell them all about that.

Submitted by Jen2 on Mon, 11/28/2005 - 10:30

Jen2

I talked to Richard Traveler. He said they take all complaints and forward them to the FTC. That the best for us is to bombard the FTC until they step up and do something. He was a very nice gentlemen and very informative to speak with.

Submitted by craziet98 on Mon, 11/28/2005 - 12:31

craziet98

( Posts: 29 | Credits: )

Can anyone tell me if there is a pending lawsuit against this company that I can join in on? This company is a total sham! We have been put through the wringer with them and cant seem to get our money back from them. Nobody answers the phones nor returns emails. Please help!

Submitted by on Mon, 11/28/2005 - 13:20

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Hi RDCroo, well, no lawsuit as yet, but PLEASE, call the number that Schim21 has posted above and file a complaint. Please be sure to include that our funds were to have been held in a non interest bearing trust account, which I seriously doubt there is any such thing. Keep watching for updates.

Submitted by Jen2 on Mon, 11/28/2005 - 13:42

Jen2

I sent in a request to legalmatch.com for lawyers in my area and gave them details on our issues w/ MMG - I will keep you posted on what I receive back

Submitted by craziet98 on Mon, 11/28/2005 - 14:42

craziet98

I talked to another firm that is in Texas today. They are interested in our case. They are supposed to call me tomorrow. I found where the FTC filed a class action against Ameridebt a while back - I think if we push them enough - they should do the same for us

Submitted by craziet98 on Mon, 11/28/2005 - 14:58

craziet98

Everybody keep sending those complaints to the FTC. This is going to be our only hope unless we get a lawyer to take this whole mess on. Still waiting to hear from the ones that I contacted.

Submitted by MadMom on Mon, 11/28/2005 - 16:36

MadMom

( Posts: 170 | Credits: )

I sent a couple pm's to a couple of you if you got it let me know. Jen2 you are one of them.

Submitted by MadMom on Mon, 11/28/2005 - 16:52

MadMom

I called Chris Stanton's work and left him a voice mail. I doubt it will do any good but I will continue calling and e-mailing and talking to the FTC

Submitted by craziet98 on Mon, 11/28/2005 - 17:04

craziet98

I just got an e-mail from lower my bills .com and they said that they are aware of Miracle Managements issues had have filed their own series of legal actions. It says that they are in the process of advising customers to file individual claims with the Arizona's Attorney General...

Submitted by swtgal77 on Mon, 11/28/2005 - 17:13

swtgal77

( Posts: 123 | Credits: )

citykid did you call her lawyer today ? just wondering if he answered because i emailed him about 2 weeks ago and never got an answer from him,, i got another email today just like the one wednesday from the so called finance dept.i emailed them yesterday and asked where they were and where is my money , they sayyyyyyy they are processing it and assure me i will get my refund and if they need anything assistance from me they will let me know,. ha ha ha. i have given them all the info they need and the money toooooo

Submitted by MadMom on Mon, 11/28/2005 - 17:46

MadMom

I called and he was not there/not available. I left a message on his voicemail. I don't want to harries him with calls like we do to RMP. I don't want to alienate him. But I am going to be quite consistent. All I want is to be able to contact Ms. Stanton.

Finance is giving you the run-a-round. But at least you realize that and is in contact with them.

Submitted by citykid on Mon, 11/28/2005 - 19:34

citykid

( Posts: 88 | Credits: )

I talked to Mr. Traveler at the AZ Banking Comission, explained all of our situations. He said unfortunately they can not do anything. MMG/RMP paid a huge fine and refunded all of their clinets in AZ. The banking commission has no authority to force them to pay account holder outside of AZ. Now MMG/RMP moved to Nevada, he said they were basically chased out of AZ. He said our best best is to file a complaint with the FTC. He said they will be the ones to help us out on this. So EVERYONE make sure to file a complaint with the FTC. If I find out anything else I will keep everyone posted.

Submitted by zamorae7 on Tue, 11/29/2005 - 09:56

zamorae7

( Posts: 8 | Credits: )

hey guys, i have been reading your input off and on. I posted once about a month ago. mmg owes me more than 16,000 dollars. i am now in bankruptcy. i was a member of theirs since 2002. it seems that even the accounts they told me were paid off werent. i have complained to the ftc in my state (pennsylvania) and have hired a lawyer. since declaring bankruptcy the contract between mmg and me is null and void, so now it comes down to getting my money back. i am fortunate enough to have not lost my house or car since ive only been in it for 5 years. my car is old. i am only 33 years old and could find no other way to get out of my hole. i was referred to mmg by american express financial advisors. she has been a client of theirs for some time. ill keep in touch

Submitted by on Tue, 11/29/2005 - 12:45

NEWSFLASH - Well I received an e-mail from Hyla todya - letting me know that she was back at her desk today and would find out where I was on the list and let me know. I also received a reply back from the message I sent her at Classmates.com - Which all I asked was if I would ever get my money back - This is her reply
"YES, YOU ARE PSYCHO, STOP STALKING ME, OR I WILL PRESS CHARGES AGAINST YOU IN YOUR STATE FOR HARRASSMENT!!!!
YOU WILL RECIEVE YOUR MONEY!!!"

Ok - Arrgh - Am I a pshycho for trying to get my money back. I think if someone owed you 6500.00 you would be the same way. I am not stalking her I am just trying to contact her.

I have talked to a lawyer today and I will PM those who have PM available -tomorrow- I will not be able to get on the computer much today. I know she probally reads this board so that's why I am not posting public.

Submitted by craziet98 on Tue, 11/29/2005 - 13:20

craziet98

it's been a while since i've checked on here and i'm not surprised to see that things have gotten out of hand.
everything did work out with my refund check being okay HOWEVER i never did receive the other check, which i was promised would be delivered by the first week of november. i'm not sure why i got most of my money back while so many others are still struggling with this company. i guess they expected me to keep quiet since i got more than most people....
but i'm still really pissed about the lies. and while i might not have as much of a right to complain as so many others out there, i still feel it necessary to say that i will do anything i can to get my FULL REFUND from those crooks.
and i hope you're reading this, hyla, because i'm pissed that you lied to me.
i understand about being in over your head, but this is not all propaganda on this site. these people are not liars. they're all waiting for checks that may never come. it makes me sick. i'm still getting emails from strangers about an ad i posted on craigslist in the phoenix section.
where is everyones money?

Submitted by on Tue, 11/29/2005 - 15:01

Craziet98,
Let her, that means she has enough money to pay for your attorney and hers and in your state, which means no Mike Gerity, but another with a big retainer. When she loses after you present your case and she has to repay your money like they did in Arizona. Then there will be precedent for other States and people to do the same, then everyone will line up and individual suits will shower down on her.
She is grabbing at straws in hopes you will back off, not bother her and maybe even feel its not worth the hassle and forget the money you put in. Everyone, keep the pressure on her, she will break and sell her worldly goods to repay you.
Maybe she will even send you a postcard from Maui next year like they did when they were first approached from an investigative reporter on TV. They called the reporter from Maui to say they weren't a scam. Don't you wish you could have gone to Maui with them? Bet they didn't stay in a Motel 6.
She can't win after your documents and forceable bankruptcy show you were trying to collect a legal debt from a company that had a fiduciary responsibility to maintain contracted trust account funds from their company and this trust account isn't returned as of when your turn comes up after you cancelled, its returned when you no longer are a customer, you can sign a waiver for the stupid forms from the credit card companies, its a delaying act.
You had tried in many ways to collect this debt, they promised repayment from your trust account, they never repaid the amount and you tried different ways to collect. They really don't want to have to show what the balances are in everyones trust accounts to the judge for fear of big jail time nor be forced to give those names to your attorney so you can contact each individual and bring up even more defaults or that they are still collecting money from people against the judjment set forth from Arizona.
Harrassment, I don't think so, she had better rething her nemesis statement in an earlier message and the statement she just made to you, its best not to p*** off people you owe money to. It worked much better when she was doing nicey nice, people cared and were willing to forgive, now they won't forget and she is in a corner and its getting smaller

Submitted by top hat on Tue, 11/29/2005 - 15:37

top hat

( Posts: 2 | Credits: )

Welcome Back Jamie Zane... You do deserve your FULL refund. You have every right to be pissed... we all are. Hyla has ruined people's lives yet she thinks we are crazy for trying to get in touch with her!! She in living in a dream world if she thinks we're going to eventually give up. We all desperately need that money.

Submitted by kristiec on Tue, 11/29/2005 - 15:49

kristiec

( Posts: 26 | Credits: )

Has anyone typed in there old user id and password, on the risk management homepage. I typed my old one in and it says that "were sorry your account is currently on hold, but if you wish to resume your settlement payments and take your account of hold please contact us at there 1- 800 risk management number..It sounds like they are still in the business of getting customers to me.. I also would like to know if they pay back people in the order they cancelled what month they are in?? I cancelled my account in 2/01/05... or maybe they are paying people back by the year they cancelled like 2002,2003 ect?? Or maybe when they feel like it...

Submitted by swtgal77 on Tue, 11/29/2005 - 17:36

swtgal77

Hello everyone, i'm surprised that hyla answered today, i email her all the time but get no answer, top hat did you read your pm? Jen 2 did you read yours? Pm me and let me know if you did or not,

Submitted by MadMom on Tue, 11/29/2005 - 18:43

MadMom

Hey guys, there is another site called The Rip-Off Report, ripoffreport.com everyone should check it out and post your reports there too. I think that the more people that post their reports the better chance we have to get our money back. Nothing new from MMG/RMP yet, I'll keep everyone posted.

Submitted by zamorae7 on Wed, 11/30/2005 - 05:44

zamorae7

I have received email responses from that guy named Mike,

email address removed as per forum rules - Vikas

Submitted by on Wed, 11/30/2005 - 10:57

citykid...not sure anyone can get through to RMP/MMG..all boxes are full or if lucky u leave a message that will not be answered...i sent an email to hyla and mike gerity today to get a letter of settlement for the 1 account they settled - well say they settled - so i can send to the credit bureaus...

Submitted by schim21 on Wed, 11/30/2005 - 11:38

schim21

( Posts: 67 | Credits: )

If you all settled accounts through RMP/MMG and you saved more than $600 from the original balance, you must pay federal (and state taxes if this applies in your state) for that year. This is the case for any debt settlement. If RMP/MMG settled your accounts then you would have received a letter from the original creditor stating what they were settling the balance for and what they were having to write off to the IRS... therefore, the balance you must claim for that tax year. If you are not sure if they actually settled the account, then contact the creditor and just ask them. They will know if they wrote off a balance to the IRS for their taxes. This is another area in which RMP/MMG staff did not fully explain additional costs to us clients. I had to pay an additional $800+ for the $3300 my creditor wrote-off. That was the state and fed taxes on that savings of $3300. If you have not paid these taxes and are positive your balance is settled, then I would advise you to catch up and pay these additional taxes because they will come back to you for it... they did in my case. But in any situation, the creditor will have this info.

Submitted by on Wed, 11/30/2005 - 12:07

I have a question for all of you. I have a refund check from Hyla Stanton for a couple of hundred dollars. They took money out when I said stop, so they cut a small check. Anyway, I have the bank name and checking account number. Is there anything I can do with that information?

Submitted by on Wed, 11/30/2005 - 13:38

Guest pm someone here with that info we need info so badly. I think this is amazing that she sent you a check anyway since she hasn't paid anyone for a long time count yourself lucky to get that from her. She is evil. Take it from all of us she is not to be trusted at all.

Submitted by MadMom on Wed, 11/30/2005 - 14:10

MadMom

Well, my thought is what exactly could be done? "Uh, hello Mr. Bank Supervisor, a client of your is holding onto money of mine dishonestly. The account # is xxxxxxx. I would like to withdraw a certain amount fom this account."

I don't believe that would happen. I am not holding back on everyone with this info, I just think some people here start ranting and raving to anyone they can and that then scares people off or worse, turns people off.

Submitted by on Wed, 11/30/2005 - 14:15

Guest, no one here is ranting and raving about this i think everyone here has been taken and lied to and has went through months of frustration and just want the public to know what this company really is, i feel that eveyone here is hurting and has been taken by a company that they all trusted to help them. Did you see that a lot of us had to file bankrupcy over them or get sued, i know that i myself work hard for a living and am honest and trustworthy as you could ever find. I know it worries you thinking how can this all be true and are people just blowing their horns but my experience has been terrible with this company and they were nice in the beginning just read the order from the arizona banking commissioners office and you will see that they took a lot of people and apparently still are.

Submitted by MadMom on Wed, 11/30/2005 - 14:26

MadMom

Guest, hold on to that info for the lawyer if you don't feel comfortable giving it out, better yet, submit it in a report to the FTC. You're right, I am not sure the bank could actually do anything about this without a lawyer involved. We are trying to get the FTC to create a class action suit.

Schim21, I would call your creditor first and ask them how much the balance was settled for. Then if it is different from the credit report, I would submit the credit bureaus the correct info OR ask your creditor to update the status through the credit bureaus. They will try and correct any mistakes because 2 years after my one credit card was paid off, it still showed a huge balance on my report. I called the creditor and they sent a letter to the 3 major bureaus stating that the balance is paid. They also sent me a copy of the letter. If it is a situation where you do not have any paperwork from the actual creditor only from MMG/RMP, then you will have to get the write off balance sent to the IRS from this creditor or some sort of proof of what was the actual settlement amount. I hope for your sake they were truthful in what you paid and what they actually paid. Good Luck in finding out what really happened.

Submitted by on Wed, 11/30/2005 - 14:58

Ok got an email from hyla stating that she was instructed to cease issuance of other funds that were not related to the order of the state of arizona first and that per the contract i wouldn't get the amount that i paid that would be minus $1.000.00 she says this company was the giving party in releasing your nonrefundable retainer fees. She said that she wouldn't be bullied or railroaded by this blog and that she will send the refund when she can.she never intented to delay the process further. Well hyla you did inter and intra state banking and we all want our money in full, you broke the contract not us. Pay up hyla,oh yeah she says she is available but i called and get the same bull, voice message to leave a message, no return calls from her though, i guess she does still read this since she thinks we are railroading her and bulling her. I don't know about all the rest of you but i feel that i was and am the one being bullied and railroaded. We have to keep this going until we get them where it hurts. In their pocketbooks and wallets.

Submitted by MadMom on Wed, 11/30/2005 - 15:46

MadMom

WOW..they all must be working...got a call from Mike today..gave me the reference number to a check that will be in my hands by December 7th. It is coming from Bank of America - a certified check. I'll let you all know if that happens...thanks KristieC...i will call the creditor tomorrow

Submitted by schim21 on Wed, 11/30/2005 - 15:58

schim21

( Posts: 67 | Credits: )

schim21, I cancelled on 2/01/05 but was told in april that my cancellation letter had been lost. I spoke with "mike" from customer service and he told me he would send me out a cancellation letter to sign and that he would make sure it was processed ASAP.. I filed bankruptcy in the middle of May and I waited patiently for my refund, and then came july, and thats when I got fed-up and filed a complaint with the BBB, then in september is when I got the letter stating that they were waiting on my power of attorney letter ect and to rest assured my refund would go out as soon as all was verified.. I was discharged from my bankruptcy at the end of july.. I have been waiting on my refund for nearly a year.. I even cancelled before I new what had happend with this company.. I was only in the program for about 7 months...I cancelled because I was summoned three times by my creditors and was worried that they were going to start garnishing my wages. When I received the summons MMG told me to do my best to obtain the TOTAL FUNDS as soon as possible so that they can take care of all my creditors before this happens again.. That was what really got me ticked off, I even spoke to Hyla and she pretty much told me my only option was to file bankruptcy.. I told her then why the heck was I contacted from her company and made to spend all this crap load of money on a program that can't even help me in the first place and that I would end up having to pay back every penny that I owed my creditors from the very beginning, So what money was I suppose to save from their program???NOTHING!!!Just some free money for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are really able to get your check as tomarrow will be 2 months short of year for me...

Submitted by swtgal77 on Wed, 11/30/2005 - 18:06

swtgal77

The Arizona Banking Commission is only interested in protecting Arizona residents. They have demanded that MMG/RMP pay Arizona residents all of their money "plus" any and all fees charged. Since it is obvious that MMG/RMP has little resources there will be little or nothing left to pay out-of-state clients. Furthermore the "huge fine" imposed on MMG was paid with our money. They allow MMG to continue in business in violation of Arizona state law. They stated in their own consent order that the Nevada company is a front, as does the Nevada authorities, so MMG has violated the consent order. Now I read on this blog that they can pay only Arizona residents. If and when FTC gets involved they will shut her down and distribute the money evenly.

Submitted by on Wed, 11/30/2005 - 18:17

I received emails from Hyla, take a look:

> I need to know when I will receive my full refund (all fees included), acc#5327.

You will not be receiving all fees, per your signed agreement with RMP. Your refund total is $1000.00, and I will need to see your documents in the file to see if everything is completed before I can release funds. I will research this and confer with the accounting dept., to see if this can be released promptly. I will need to inform you that I will
not be answering any work related emails on any other medium other than this email address, all others will be unread and deleated, I apologise if this increases your exsisting frustration, I hope you have a great
day.

Hyla Stanton
Hyla,
>
> I dont understand why I wont be refunded all my money. As per the documents I signed, MMG was going to help me resolve my debts. Nothing was done and
now I have to file banruptcy because instead of helping, MMG worsened my finacial situation. I think I am entitled to get all of my money back. I
only want back all of the money I put in. I closed my account with MMG because MMG broke their agreement with me. Please let me know when I will receive my funds.
>
> Thank you,

We have proof of documents sent on your behalf, the service of the reciept of the billing in your name during which power of attny was executed, as well as in office preperation fees, and paralegal fees,
that have been absorbed. Your account has had a steady amount of activity, and if you will re- read your contract, you will see, that you are in a contract with RISK MANAGEMENT PARTNERS, LTD, and the setup fee, and two retainer payements are NON refundable. I will be in the office, and addressing these accounts to ensure the creditors are aware
that they will need to be in contact with you, as I will be providing them with your information to contact you, as well as to notify them that we are no longer authorized to work on your behalf. Your mailings from said companies will also be relaesed back to your possession, as we will no longer accept mail in your name.

Please allow me to research the file, and move on to executing your refund.

Hyla Stanton

Submitted by zamorae7 on Thu, 12/01/2005 - 06:10

zamorae7

Zamorae7... That is such BS.... she was in breech of the contract and we should get all refunds back. She has worsened our credit... not made it better. That is it, I am calling an attorney and updating my report with the FTC. If you have a FTC complaint number, IF ANY ONE HAS AN FTC COMPLAINT NUMBER, pm it to me so I can add to my list of other complaint numbers so we can bombard the FTC with the proof that there is more than just one of us out here with this problem... they do not work for an individual but for a community of people with the same problem. We need to join together on this.

Submitted by on Thu, 12/01/2005 - 07:58